Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Solar Energy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Solar Energy (1556 Views)

Do You Need Inverters Or Solar Energy Systems? / Solar Energy / Solar Energy: Uses And Importance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Energy by saywhat(m): 1:24pm On Feb 27, 2007
I will like to knoiw if there is any company in Lagos that provides stuffs like solar panels for home use.

Thanx
Re: Solar Energy by nnenneigbo(f): 11:55pm On Apr 07, 2007
no replies? please reply if you have any useful info
Re: Solar Energy by solarrate: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2007
I am able to design and supply you with your home system. I need to know what your energy needs will be e.g the number and sizes of fridges, freezers, TV, lights, fans, DVDs etc.
Re: Solar Energy by newlife: 10:11am On Apr 13, 2007
please give me a number that i will be able to reach you when i have fully packed into my new house i will like a some stuffs of such ,

email me :website4careless@yahoo.com
Re: Solar Energy by Afam(m): 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2007
Solar energy remains the most expensive form of electricity generation today and if anyone is hoping to depend on solar panels to run a home then the person must be willing to spend millions of naira to make it happen.

What makes sense today is backup systems comprising of inverters and battery banks and in any case, a solar system cannot be complete with inverters and battery banks anyway.
Re: Solar Energy by nnenneigbo(f): 8:09pm On Apr 21, 2007
how can we provide you with the necessary information i'e how many electrical thingd we need the solar for? my mum has been bugging me to find out more info. so if you can provide your email or whatever, i'd contact you for more information on how much it will cost
Re: Solar Energy by solarrate: 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2007
My address is:

solarrate@aol.com

I'll be happy to assist.
Re: Solar Energy by newlife: 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2007
get back to me and tell me the cost via my email, website4careless@yahoo.com
Re: Solar Energy by kengasket(m): 4:19pm On May 05, 2007
i can design solar panels of good quality, using p-n junction, connected in an array, to desing one is a tedious job but it can be done.
Re: Solar Energy by nnenneigbo(f): 11:48pm On May 06, 2007
do u sell it then, and any proof of the ones you've designed
Re: Solar Energy by Afam(m): 12:58pm On May 07, 2007
I don't think any company manufactures solar panels in Nigeria and the production of solar cells is not something an individual embarks on one a large scale unless for experiment or educational purposes.

In Nigeria today, homes and offices are being provided with up to 24hrs or 48hrs backup using just inverters, battery banks and chargers even with the state of power supply today.

It will be very very expensive to setup a solar system that will generate enough electricity for the average home in Nigeria due to the limitation on the efficiency of solar cells.
Re: Solar Energy by sw: 10:54am On May 17, 2007
Thanks for the Enquiry,
The Inverter is an imported product 1200 watts, which is capable of powering up to 6 bulbs, TV set, sound system, 2-3 fans, a computer system etc at thesame time, for up to 15-20 hours depending on usage. Please note that it will not work for refrigirator(Fridge), AC, Iron, Microwave etc.
The price is 32,000 Naira. But note that u have to get a trailer battery to support the charging. the charging will take up to 6-8 hours undistrupted.

OTHER FEATURES OF THE PRODUCT
No servicing
No fuel
No sound
Does not reqire large space(stabilizer size)
Durable. etc.

Please dont hesutate to contact me if you have further enquiry. (08060679944)
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy by nnenneigbo(f): 10:14pm On May 18, 2007
can't u do something that suports at list a fridge(bare minimum0 i mean come on now.
Re: Solar Energy by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2010
Inverters can be charged via solar panels. . . .
Re: Solar Energy by Manty(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2010
Pls any body with idea of how much a deep cycle battery of about 250amp cost and how long it can last when used to power tv, bulb, fan, and dvd. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The New Fed Uni Nasarawa / 12 Types Of People You Will See In A Public Bathroom. / Manband Industries Nigeria Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.