Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam (19146 Views)

Edo University Begins Second Semester Online / Student Faints, Policeman Injured As MAPOLY Students Protest / MAPOLY Students Protest Delay In Semester Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Amastermovic(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
*CampusAnchor Newsy*
#BLACKWEEK
#DAY2

*Protest Report*

Greatest Nigerian Students
I think its high time we let the Govt and the school management know that we are fed of this game they are involved in. Its affecting our personal life and if care is not taken things may worsen more than this.

the incident happened this morning when we all gathered at Skating ground to go and have dialogue with the school management most especially the Rector. On getting to school, the gate was locked, we told them at the school gate that we didn't come for Violence, that we are here to see the Rector.

The school gate was opened, on getting there, the school PRO was sighted trying to escape through the bush behind the uncommissioned filling station beside the gate, some students went after him and told him we only wanted to see the Rector, and he complied with us, he was taken down to the school admin with a bike to call the attention of the Rector to the students at the school entrance.
Few minutes later, the CSO brought the Rector in the Campus Security Surveillance hilux bus, open roof, the Rector actually started his speech, but it reached a point where he started acting cunning, so the students shouted that we want you to follow us down to the governor's office, and he actually agreed to do that.

We moved out of the school premises in masses having the Rector amidst us. When we got to Iyana Oloke at the end of the untarred road, some armed policemen approached us and ask that where are we going to, we told them we are heading to the governor's office, and they allowed us to pass. On getting to the tarred road, the person who drove the Hilux suddenly opened the door, and started driving recklessly, hitting students on the road, meanwhile we have close to 20 students at the back of the hilux jeep, some fell down, the bus stepped on some students leg, some from behind. The remaining students at the back of the Hilux were nowhere to be found now.

That was what happened that provoked the students and we mobbed the road and silence everywhere to panseke. On getting there, we met armed policemen fully loaded and set with their gun ready to fire shots at us.

Merciful Nigerians, come and save our lives from oppressors, we are tired, we can't continue to face this sufferness.
See the way police officers are harassing us.
God help us

We recorded about 29 students that were injured right now.
The Rector was not kidnapped, the CSO carried him away.

*Anymarshaun Reporting*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Amastermovic(m): 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2017

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Aieboocaar(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
Honestly, its xoo tough being a Nigerian

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Kekx(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
Why am I so sure that there are still students who'll be shouting "We no go gree!!!, We no go gree!!!!"...While deep down inside their heart, they don't want the exam to start sooner.

They are "I neva jack that man material finish" set of students.

11 Likes

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by CountDooku(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
sorry
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
This is what happens when you vote for Buhari. I blame Buhari and APC

4 Likes

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by oshe111(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
k
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Mcsenior(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
Seems I no longer know what brutality means!

The only hope you have is to report NPF to NPF

3 Likes

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by jamexborn(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
G
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by mayowascholar(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
jeez
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by kolafolabi(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
This is serious..

2 Likes

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by oshe111(m): 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Amastermovic:
SARS FALL ON Ugrin
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by IAmSkinny: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
G
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Nobodys(f): 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by michaelwilli(m): 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Nigerian institutions and this new kinda dictatorship. Most schools suspending SUG cos dey want absolute power to do absolute nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Nigerians are stubborn
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by loomer: 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
No matter how much Una plan peaceful protest for the country, it must end up in injuries or deaths
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by YINKS89(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dis is sewious.... Why Dem open door d rector must b sacked.
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Hayshoepofo(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
Space bookers above me I hail Una

Check my signature
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by HermesParis: 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
Make ena go find one place sit down jawe.... Who education help sef.... Imagine first class BSc graduate re learning trades, yet u guys are fighting to get ond/hnd cert that is as worthless as tissue papers... Go and learn trade nd stop the nuisances

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by LibertyRep: 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
As much as I sympathise with the students, I sincerely want the legal inclined people here to educate me on the following issues:

1. The law establishing MAPOLY has been repealed by the State's House of Assembly in favor of the newly established Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology (MAUSTECH) and the subsequent establishment of Ogun State Polytechnic Does that not imply that there is no entity called MAPOLY in the eyes of the law? If that is the case, does that not also by implication means that there are no students called MAPOLY students any longer?

2. If the premises above are right, does that not mean that the examination the students are clamouring for is an exercise in futility since the school does not exist any longer?

I sincerely wish to be enlightened on this.

BTW, the impunity of the State's Executives has to end someday somehow.
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Coldfeets: 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kekx:
Why am I so sure that there are still students who'll be shouting "We no go gree!!!, We no go gree!!!!"...While deep down inside their heart, they don't want the exam to start sooner.

You are so sure because you're talking about yourself. wink grin wink
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Simpledude0847(m): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
The guy with the bruised elbow wasn't brutalized. He fell from running on the tarred road. This is the kind of injury guys sustain while playing football. Those that know, know. Having said that, I feel for the students. I have friends there who have complained bitterly about the delay in writing the second semester exams. What I don't suggest is students staging protests, especially MAPOLY students. If care is not taking, most of these students will sleep in cells, get beaten, parents forced to sign undertaking before they are bailed out or in some unfortunate instances, get shot by trigger happy policemen. From the pictures, we could clearly see that the protest is no longer peaceful. What happened to intellectual aluta?

2 Likes

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
This is now becoming worrisome. Stakeholders in the education sector must not fold their arms as event unfold. Urgent attention should be given to the situation on ground before everything falls apart totally. The voice of the students must as well be heard so as to put an end to the unwanted situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
U get brutalized abi u fall drag ur body for ground?

Who protest help?
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by iammolise(m): 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
Na wa
eedrisss don talk am...
" Nigeria jaga jaga, Everything scatter scatter, poor man dey suffer suffer, kposah kposah! Gun shut ina d air " ...
This country tire me cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Oyebee91(m): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
grin
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by Oyebee91(m): 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
This one small ....e no rch the one we funaabites do last year August
Re: Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam by enemyofprogress: 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
Him blood no even thick well well like that of lala o

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Departments In NDA? / Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown / Ngige: Suspension Of Strike ‘depends On ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.