Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent (3890 Views)

Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / How Many Johesu Members Apart From Nurses Are Needed In Europe / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
They are all useless and stupid beings who are only after their pockets. Many of them do not know what they are doing.

They keep complaining about lack of equipment but how does one explain a situation where a so called doctor administers a dangerous injection without asking for the patient's medical history? Does it take standard equipments before a so called doctor askes this question that may or may not lead to a patient's death? This recently happened to someone I know

Our doctors are killers, quick to pass all blame on government but failing to do their own part. If you are a medical doctor, what will it cost you to read up on the drugs you prescribe for your patients and the adverse effects as regards their medical history, do you need government to provide equipment for this too?

If you have the money seek treatment abroad, our doctors are trial and error doctors, very careless with no sense, bunch of proud idiots.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nutase: 7:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
Did any doctor break your heart?
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by uboma(m): 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
A supposedly medical Doctor had in the past prescribed a test for me using the wrong form in one of the Teaching Hospitals in the country. As expected I was not aware about this omission till I got to the Laboratory centre. One of the Laboratory Scientist spotted the error and asked loudly why should a Doctor do this kind of silly mistake....

To cut the long story short, I had to walk back to the Ward and asked to see the "Chief" among them. I narrated the incident, he apologized and wrote the test to be carried out on the right form.

Our health care system needs a complete overhauling.

Student doctors should be properly supervised experienced hands at all times.

May God continue to save us from the hands of our Doctors.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nigeriadondie: 7:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
Nutase:

I'm sure you saw the part when I said I lost someone I know to their carelessness, there's no need to be cynical here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
uboma:
A supposedly medical Doctor had in the past prescribed a test for me using the wrong form in one of the Teaching Hospitals in the country. As expected I was not aware about this omission till I got to the Laboratory centre. One of the Laboratory Scientist spotted the error and asked loudly why should a Doctor do this kind of silly mistake....

To cut the long story short, I had to walk back to the Ward and asked to see the "Chief" among them. I narrated the incident, he apologized and wrote the test to be carried out on the right form.

Our health care system needs a complete overhauling.

Student doctors should be properly supervised experienced hands at all times

May God continue to save us from the hands of our Doctors.....

Good point @ bolded. Thank God for your life
Our doctors are walking killers, all they know is to complain but to read and research on the drugs they prescribe is too hard for them
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by modernWays: 9:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
op, i agree with you especially young ones.

I once caught one google drugs to prescribe for someone. Drugs he probably dont know or know little about its side effects.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by sisisioge: 10:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oh sheet! Hope the person didn't die. That's how they went to give a secondary school mate injection that made him lame...he walks with a serious limp now.

Most of them are too lazy to improve on the knowledge they got while in school...a knowledge base of over 40yrs old!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
sisisioge:
Oh sheet! Hope the person didn't die. That's how they went to give a secondary school mate injection that made him lame...he walks with a serious limp now.

Most of them are too lazy to improve on the knowledge they got while in school...a knowledge base of over 40yrs old!

The person is dead now unfortunately. They are too lazy to read and research,it's sad
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by sisisioge: 6:06am On Dec 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

The person is dead now unfortunately. They are too lazy to read and research,it's sad

O my goodness! May God console you and the rest of his/her loved ones...may him/her rest with the angels o. It is well.
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 20, 2017
sisisioge:

O my goodness! May God console you and the rest of his/her loved ones...may him/her rest with the angels o. It is well.

Thank you dear, I will send your regards to her family
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Qmedspharma(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

Dear Op,

Kindly take legal action against them and sue the doctor and the hospital management involved. this will serve as a lesson to others.Its high time doctors started paying for total negligence...

I have quite a lot of clients who have complained bitterly of the level of unprofessionalism with our Nigerian doctors. Nurses are not to be blamed. They act based on instructions from doctors.

May the gentle soul of the departed one rest in peace..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nigeriadondie: 11:00am On Dec 20, 2017
Pidgin2:
They are all useless and stupid beings who are only after their pockets. Many of them do not know what they are doing.

They keep complaining about lack of equipment but how does one explain a situation where a so called doctor administers a dangerous injection without asking for the patient's medical history? Does it take standard equipments before a so called doctor askes this question that may or may not lead to a patient's death? This recently happened to someone I know

Our doctors are killers, quick to pass all blame on government but failing to do their own part. If you are a medical doctor, what will it cost you to read up on the drugs you prescribe for your patients and the adverse effects as regards their medical history, do you need government to provide equipment for this too?

If you have the money seek treatment abroad, our doctors are trial and error doctors, very careless with no sense, bunch of proud idiots.

So u of all people are recommending abroad?
I thought it is green there and it is heaven on earth. All is well there. Patriotic zombie

U once condemned someone for wasting money going to Dubai for tourism when there are numerous tourist places in d country and here u are advocating medical tourism. Are u not patriotic enough to entrust ur health care needs there in Nigeria?

Have u seen why our leaders travel abroad even for simple common cold? Then what anout d poor masses who can’t afford such?

By the way, how do u think u can train a doctor in this 21st century without equipment in a university with interrupted academic calendar due to incessant strikes?

Learning in the 21st century has evolved tremendously. In fields such as medicine, sciences, engineering, equipment is key. The use of simulators, advanced computer programmes, well equipped labs etc is a must. That is why d western workd and Asian gianta like Japan, the Koreas (North and South), China among others would always be ahead of Africa.
For God sake, how warped u are in ur thinking.
You are not even a graduate let alone a medical student. Your WAEC results are not complete especially ur English Language cos u can’t be writing duns instead of dunce, wall gacco instead of wall gecko, romanticism instead of rheumatism which u cursed yourself with.

Look at d link below and see d miserable learning conditions of one of our so-called prestigious university-UNILAG. If a nation could have such a university as one of its prestigious learning centers, then it shows how backward Nigeria truly is.
Look at d link below and learn as u know absolutely nothing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccskU-G8cyg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsr0ESrtLjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYy3fJIC9lg

You also played down on welfare of doctors which is very crucial. In d western world u dont hear of incessant workers strikes.
Stop deluding yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nigeriadondie: 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nutase:
Yes a doctor broke her heart. The doctor jilted her after he used and dumped her. D guy felt that she was too local and not up to his status. Forget all those yarns. That is d rants of a frustrated lady. If u see her u sef no go fit recommend her to ur brother. See d pics of Pidgin2 as she be below especially her bald head she got from her papa: tongue

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

My father is a patriotic zombie, he raised q son like me "a failure for life"

I am pidgin2 slave, I always read her quotes and my life is ruled by her thoughts. I am a fooool and a slave of Pidgin2

My life has no meaning in Norway but I'm frustrated so I live on Nairaland 24/7 I can't help it

I blame Nigerian government for every thing as my life is useless. I'm so cursed that I even make excuse for a useless doctor that gives a patient a deadly injection without simply knowing that you don't give such a patient that injection because it leads to death

I'm simply a stuupidd mongroid loser

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by ultron12345: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

So u of all people are recommending abroad?
I thought it is green there and it is heaven on earth. All is well there. Patriotic zombie

U once condemned someone for wasting money going to Dubai for tourism when there are numerous tourist places in d country and here u are advocating medical tourism. Are u not patriotic enough to entrust ur health care needs there in Nigeria?

Have u seen why our leaders travel abroad even for simple common cold? Then what anout d poor masses who can’t afford such?

By the way, how do u think u can train a doctor in this 21st century without equipment in a university with interrupted academic calendar due to incessant strikes?

Learning in the 21st century has evolved tremendously. In fields such as medicine, sciences, engineering, equipment is key. The use of simulators, advanced computer programmes, well equipped labs etc is a must. That is why d western workd and Asian gianta like Japan, the Koreas (North and South), China among others would always be ahead of Africa.
For God sake, how warped u are in ur thinking.
You are not even a graduate let alone a medical student. Your WAEC results are not complete especially ur English Language cos u can’t be writing duns instead of dunce, wall gacco instead of wall gecko, romanticism instead of rheumatism which u cursed yourself with.

Look at d link below and see d miserable learning conditions of one of our so-called prestigious university-UNILAG. If a nation could have such a university as one of its prestigious learning centers, then it shows how backward Nigeria truly is.
Look at d link below and learn as u know absolutely nothing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccskU-G8cyg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsr0ESrtLjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYy3fJIC9lg

You also played down on welfare of doctors which is very crucial. In d western world u dont hear of incessant workers strikes.
Stop deluding yourself.

don't mind her, she's probably one of those who wanted to study medicine but couldn't due to inability to pass waec......she now vent her frustration on doctors at the slightest opportunity.......my prayer for her is that when she needs a doctor urgently, she won't see any

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Yes a doctor broke my heart. The doctor jilted me after she used and dumped me. D woman felt that i was too local and not up to her status. Forget all those yarns. That is d rants of a frustrated Mongol , me. If u see me u sef no go fit recommend me to ur sister. See d pics of my lover as i be below especially my bald head i got from her mumu papa and my mumu mama: tongue

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

I am an Animal let out of the zoo. I will be caged to meet my useless papa where he is for bringing me, a nuisance into the world.
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
I am an slowpoke fellow with no grey matter, a useless product of a useless lineage
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Mcsenior(m): 9:17am On Dec 21, 2017
For your natural home made remedies you can easily try on your own; visit NATURAL REMEDY LAB

You can as well learn how to use common herbs & spices to improve your general wellbeing.
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 21, 2017
Pidgin2:
They are all useless and stupid beings who are only after their pockets. Many of them do not know what they are doing
If I described you with whatever distasteful name because some girls have distasteful characters and do distasteful things, would that be appropriate? No, it would be spog of me and besmirk of une analphabetique.
That a few doctors make mistakes, costly mistakes, doesn't mean all docs are incompetent. The country is fvcked, all sectors, not just the health sector.
I am a doctor, but I am finding my way outta the country, because i cant be limited by circumstance. I want to get to the top. The same docs you abuse here go out and excel in more organised societies. We have great and wonderful docs in Nigeria.
Sorry for your loss, but take out your anger and frustration on your elected officials.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
EsotericMonk:

If I described you with whatever distasteful name because some girls have distasteful characters and do distasteful things, would that be appropriate? No, it would be spog of me and besmirk of une analphabetique.
That a few doctors make mistakes, costly mistakes, doesn't mean all docs are incompetent. The country is fvcked, all sectors, not just the health sector.
I am a doctor, but I am finding my way outta the country, because i cant be limited by circumstance. I want to get to the top. The same docs you abuse here go out and excel in more organised societies. We have great and wonderful docs in Nigeria.
Sorry for your loss, but take out your angry and frustration on your elected officials.

I understand you but the hospital in question is a reputable one with very good equipments. 24/7 light. They have ventilation, oxygen and all but the docs there are too pompous to save lives. How can a certified doc prescribe a drug that causes sudden death? It's well known that such drugs shouldn't be prescribed to certain patients in the category of the victim, so I can not tolerate such excuses because this hospital is well equipped
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

I am an animal. I am not even a graduate at all battling to pass my WAEC over d years. As a grunting swine I am, I act on instincts not reason.
I have given a link to show my stupidityyy on d rot in all facets of the Norwegian society which i keep denying. Stupidly i played down on d importance of human skills and knowledge only talking of motivation with good remuneration and other aspects of welfare painting a good but false pic of that doomed nation. Foolishly i also thought equipment and renumeration is only good and ignore simple skills and on the job knowledge that are just as important
My brain is dead. Pls as a doctor if u specialize on mental health, i am a patient. If my situation is hopeless which I think it is pls let me be chained to my bed till she I am dead at least a non-entity has been erased, a useless caricature
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 22, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

U don see say I don give u work.
Relax plenty assignment they cøme. When u tire let me know.

Cool, we go see who go tire grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Nurses Are Incompetent by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 22, 2017
I agree with you OP. Many of them just crammed their way through school to pass exams and don't bother updating whatever they learned in school after graduation.
And the worst part is their arrogance. So full of themselves as if they are demi gods or something yet making the stupidest mistakes you can imagine.

Thank God for the internet so people can cross check the drugs the doctors give them these days instead of taking poison.

That's how they blinded my Grandpa after his cataract surgery, ordinary cataract surgery o! Another woman they gave very strong drugs like the one in your OP but she had heard of the drug before and didn't take it because she suspected it would abort her pregnancy. Can you believe this doctor later realized his mistake and instructed the records staff to hide her file and pretend she isn't registered with the hospital maybe so she would not be able to sue. The next time she came they started asking if she is sure she is in the correct place because they have no record of her name there. grin grin grin

By the way OP wetin you do that guy?
He toast you and you no free? undecided
I will advice you to just ignore him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Nutrition Facts Are In Coke And Sprite / NAHAC 2018: Mike Omotosho Condemns Pollution, Says Its A Potential Tsunami. / Hiv Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.