Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

How My Nigerian Friend Bought A Range Rover From Birthday Gifts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How My Nigerian Friend Bought A Range Rover From Birthday Gifts (342 Views)

From Birthday To Burial... / Speeding Range Rover Driver Kills Man, Injures Another In Imo. Graphic Photos / Comedian AY Reacts On Davido’s Birthday Gifts To Girlfriend Chioma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How My Nigerian Friend Bought A Range Rover From Birthday Gifts by kimck942: 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
My birthday crept up on me last month.

I really wanted to make the best of it and do something different from the usually idling around on social media and getting best wishes – which are awesome, but hardly any real cash or gifts!

So I shared my frustration with my BFF- Vanessa and she told me about this gift-sharing app Giibox that her boyfriend and his friends use to gift each other on their birthdays or special occasions and get a ton of gifts!

So I decided to check it out. I mean it was free and what did I have to lose, right?

It turns out the App was a virtual gifting service which allow people to buy and share gift tokens (called Gtokes) with anyone in their smartphone from anywhere, and you could redeem the Gtokes for the Gift cards of hundreds of hundreds of stores.

So I figured why not tell all my family and friends to send me these tokens so I could get them all in one account.
So I posted on my Facebook and social media on my birthday.

“I Love Gtokes Gifts”. Love you all and Thanks!

And viola….on my birthday and some days after, 2,200 of my peeps - family & friends, sent me Gtokes that came to a whopping $200,000! Some sent just $25 worth of Gtokes!

It was the coolest thing ever!

I just kept getting gift alerts on my phone all day on my birthday. It was just awesome!
So I was wondering if I had thousands of friends on social media. You do the math.

Chiao!

Funke Ola-Williams

(1) (Reply)

Kanekalon Celebrates Nigerian Stylists In Grand Style / Ultra Sound Is Coming To Nigeria, Here Is Why We Should Be Thrilled / Canon 35mm F/1.4 Lense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.