Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today (1599 Views)

2.5m Children In Nigeria Suffering Severe Acute Malnutrition — UNICEF / Osun Rerun: Omisore Finally Breaks Silence On Why He Didn’t Support PDP, Adeleke / Nigeria Suffering From Collapse Of Libya And Mali, Says Ita Enang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by newslinkngr: 5:40am On Dec 20, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed intricate details about his financial situation, including how he built his various houses
In the interview which was conducted in 2012, Buhari revealed that he was not very good at making money, and that he had disclosed his assets as a military officer
http://www.newslinkngr.com/2017/12/unbellivable-as-buhari-finally-breaks.html
He further revealed that he had borrowed money from banks to build his houses in Abuja, Daura (Katsina) and Kano President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed that he is not very good at making money, The Sun reports. Buhari made the comments during an interview session which was conducted in 2012.

Read Also: I Am Not Happy That Nigerians Are Suffering - President Buhari

Buhari was asked what property he owns, and queried about his houses in Abuja, Lagos, Daura (Katsina) and Kaduna. He stated: “My assets were on record, I told some of your colleagues when they came.

“When Murtala/Obasanjo regime came, they made sure that certain grades of public officers must declare their assets when they assumed that office, and they must declare when they were leaving. “So, when I was sworn in as governor of North-east, I declared my assets.”

When asked what exactly he declared, Buhari stated: “I declared surprisingly, even the number of my cows then. Even if they were supposed to be producing every year, but I declared them the time I was there.
“And when I was leaving governorship, I became petroleum minister.
http://www.newslinkngr.com/2017/12/unbellivable-as-buhari-finally-breaks.html
When I was leaving to go to War College, I declared my assets. “I could recall General Jemibewon then, was the Adjutant-General of the Army.
He rang me and said he was sending me asset declaration form; that I must fill it, sign it before I left for the United States. And I did. “General Jemibewon is still alive. And when I became head of state eventually, I declared my assets again.
“So, all of us; when I say that, I mean Obasanjo downwards, those who are alive who were governors, ministers, head of states, they had declared assets. “So, if you people are serious and interested about political officers becoming multi-billionaires, you can find out from Murtala downwards.http://www.newslinkngr.com/2017/12/unbellivable-as-buhari-finally-breaks.html

And those of us who were not very good in making money, you should pity us.” He continued, when asked if he doesn’t like money: “Everybody likes money but I am not very good at making money. Let me put it that way.

“I borrowed from the banks to build the house in Daura and the one in Abuja that you mentioned and the one in Kano.

“The bank then was Barclays, now Union Bank. Kaduna state or North-central then housing scheme and the Federal Mortgage Bank ,for the house I am in and AIB, which was, I think, terminated by Central Bank.

“So, when you go through the records, you find out that the houses I built, I borrowed from there.”http://www.newslinkngr.com/2017/12/unbellivable-as-buhari-finally-breaks.html

1 Share

Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by afbstrategies: 5:46am On Dec 20, 2017
We are approaching the 'humility' season when Nigerian politicians will tell you stories that you never ask them. How they had no shoes and how they borrowed money to get their nomination papers. They dance to your tunes, promise to wipe away your tears and never to leave your side. Let's pray that these games will end one day. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by menxer: 6:12am On Dec 20, 2017
PMB is a living legend, and like all legends have his own shortcomings not withstanding.
Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 20, 2017
True conversation indeed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by Papanwamaikpe: 6:45am On Dec 20, 2017
Shameless ancestors. May you die in that sit. Amen
Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 20, 2017
menxer:
PMB is a living legend, and like all legends have his own shortcomings not withstanding.
And u are a living nonentity. Why would u compare an idiot, bigot n a murderer to a legend? angry

1 Like

Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 20, 2017
angry

∆ This one Buhari is talking anyhow!!! I hope it is not because of 2019 elections ∆
Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by agwom(m): 6:56am On Dec 20, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by Nutase: 7:29am On Dec 20, 2017
Deception.com

1 Like

Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by menxer: 9:57am On Dec 21, 2017
Running204:
And u are a living nonentity. Why would u compare an idiot, bigot n a murderer to a legend? angry
And who is a legend, your father?
Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 21, 2017
menxer:

And who is a legend, your father?
No ur Buhari, who u forgot ur face in his a*ss angry
Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by menxer: 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
Running204:
No ur Buhari, who u forgot ur face in his a*ss angry
An ass is a beast of burden, and PMB is carrying that burden well with a smiling face.
If only you can wipe the ass dung off your face you would appreciate the lowlife PMB is trying to rid you of.
Re: Unbellivable As Buhari Finally Breaks Silence Why Nigeria Suffering Today by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2017
menxer:

An ass is a beast of burden, and PMB is carrying that burden well with a smiling face.
If only you can wipe the ass dung off your face you would appreciate the lowlife PMB is trying to rid you of.
Zombie no problem, just ride on. Imb*ecile

(1) (Reply)

Garba Shehu Berates Journalist Who Referred To President Buhari As A Murderer / Why Do People Forget EARLY HOW PDP Crippled Our Economy. / Why Governor Bello Has Been Living In ‘boys’ Quarters’ Since 2015 – CPS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.