Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post (22362 Views)

Davido Addresses His Fellow Corpers At Lagos NYSC Camp (Photos) / BBNaija: Tobi Addresses His Relationship With Regina / Nigerian Singer, Praiz Arrested By Sars Held At Ajah Police Station (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2017
We are all in this mess together.
All of us need deep attitudinal reform too because those troubling us now are not aliens or colonial masters, they are us, our people.
My padi in one office will trouble you today because he doesn't know you.
Our greatest problem is that we are covered and unclothed at the same time.
We shall overcome someday.
More of God's grace on our enemies.
I'm waiting for your official statement Mr. Celebrity.
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by DavidEsq(m): 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
Just tell wat dey did to u. E.g they gave u destiny-resetting slaps: "tawai"! Stop telling us long story jor. Besides, I expected u wld issue a statement tru ur lawyers of ur intention to sue SARS wey dey beat and send dem into financial extinction.
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
Police in Nigeria is the height of disgrace!!!! The IGP will tell people to produce evident and they abound everywhere
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by chuksey1(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
The intimidation of Nigerians by the police force is depressing. I will relate my personal experience just last week. We were watching Manchester United Vs Bournemouth. When about 7 police officers arrived with their hilux. Rounded everybody up point touch light shouting una nor dey fear us. Those that dared to complain were immediately administered slaps generously. Before we know it some were hand and leg cuffed and bundled into the hilux. We were taken to the police station. Those with like 3000 Nairaland cash were let go and the rest of us without cash were locked up in the cell over night. The mosquitoes feasted on us generously we were not allowed to make calls until the next day. Other persons were also brought in and everyone was bailed with a minimum of 5,000 Naira. The painful part is that a boy of 14-15 years was locked up with us and meant to pass through the same ordeal as adults.

You can imagine making 5,000 naira from a minimum of 30 people daily.

The entire Nigerian police force has failed us and need reforming right from the top. Because the top officers know what is happening but are quiet because they are benefiting from it..

2 Likes

Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by Blissbeatz(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2017
Foolish country with foolish leaders
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2017
Truly we need to change our attitudes especially when stopped by police at night
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by Vivere: 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
Mrop:
Singer Praiz addresses his encounter with the Police earlier today with a deep post, while we await the official statement.

He wrote :

Anyone that truly knows me well knows i am an easy going , non problematic, happy and co -operative individual.
Well, I’m not here to talk about myself. I am here to address issues that happens in our society everyday.
We live in a society where the government hn8as failed us whether we like it or not. No jobs, fuel scarcity , SARS , ASUU Strike , Nupeng Strike , Name it….. it’s endless .. HARDSHIP… ENDLESS HARDSHIP …. Today I had an encounter that a lot of people go through everyday. People who are heading home after a failed interview, people going home after a night shift , people on their way to get their daily bread but get harassed by people who are the force because of reasons best known to them or maybe because u are a young boy wearing a gold chain or have a beard .
Though I won’t deny the existence of great people in the police force that are ready to listen , I still stand by my opinion which is popular amongst the youth and more #ENDSARS
Today I learnt that the police force needs deep reform and sensitization.
This is not my official statement… my official statement will be out soon
Lastly I will like to thank @aleeygiwa , Mr Etim Godwin from J command for stepping in… #EndSars #NoBePhysicalSomething.

Seems he also supports the #EndSARS campaign!

Gist from Praizeupdates

http://www.praizeupdates.com/singer-praiz-addresses-his-encounter-with-the-police-earlier-today-with-a-deep-post-2/

Please what is deep about this post? He was just reciting the same complaints, most Nigerians have been making for the past few weeks. You these bloggers, una no fit enter heaven with all these gimmicks, o! shocked
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by iammolise(m): 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
Let this SARS thing be scrapped already, what is all this nonsense, at initial times we didn't even used to hear about SARS because they were discreet and well coded... Now it's them everywhere, they're even doing the jobs of the normal police... #END SARS# or scrap police... The govt should choose one.
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
Woop woop that's the sound of the police, woop woop that's the sound of the beast.
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by iammolise(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
And this is why I respect the NN till tomorrow... We never get any nonsense reports about them like this.

NN u have my salute

Chai! I need to get a salute meme asap.
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by passyhansome(m): 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
NIGERIA WHY?
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by sod09(m): 1:19pm On Dec 20, 2017
until they start jungle justice on these people before government know we serious
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by OsuGanja(m): 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2017
wolextayo:
This country is a scam and we can never get it.
We can only get it when all the leaders ) good or bad ) die off. And then God should place us in the hands of the US government for a proper colonization, we will have sense.

Btw, pls bring your sense along if you must quote me

I bought sense along with me but come to think of it bro, US govt for proper colonization?? Nah fam,those people are worse off on their own and have enough problems what we need to do is to take charge ourselves but Nigerians fear everything in this life,the fear to change will never make us change our youths are like a ticking bomb but it's taking them too long to explode
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by DONFASZY(m): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
End SARS like yesterday
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by wolextayo: 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2017
OsuGanja:

I bought sense along with me but come to think of it bro, US govt for proper colonization?? Nah fam,those people are worse off on their own and have enough problems what we need to do is to take charge ourselves but Nigerians fear everything in this life,the fear to change will never make us change our youths are like a ticking bomb but it's taking them too long to explode
Hmmm you’re right bro. But if you have an option to leave Nigeria for the states, what will you say?
If we are to wait till this country is fixed up, I’m afraid to say we will wait forever
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by ceasare: 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2017
ayoxxzbaba:
A failed society! the way ds country is going.... I just hope there wont come a day when it would be "once upon a time there was a country called NIGERIA"

Was there even a country before? If not for the selfish interest of
Some few who are benefitting from d status quo shouldn't we fragment
Into ethnic nationalities and let everyone develop at his or her pace!
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by uchennata: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2017
Cool, that is just how i can describe you...thank God you are released. even those that are not with bears are been harassed.
God will help us all.
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by MrJahsboi: 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
The experiences of unending.... just pray you ain't caught by them.
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
chuksey1:
The intimidation of Nigerians by the police force is depressing. I will relate my personal experience just last week. We were watching Manchester United Vs Bournemouth. When about 7 police officers arrived with their hilux. Rounded everybody up point touch light shouting una nor dey fear us. Those that dared to complain were immediately administered slaps generously. Before we know it some were hand and leg cuffed and bundled into the hilux. We were taken to the police station. Those with like 3000 Nairaland cash were let go and the rest of us without cash were locked up in the cell over night. The mosquitoes feasted on us generously we were not allowed to make calls until the next day. Other persons were also brought in and everyone was bailed with a minimum of 5,000 Naira. The painful part is that a boy of 14-15 years was locked up with us and meant to pass through the same ordeal as adults.

You can imagine making 5,000 naira from a minimum of 30 people daily.

The entire Nigerian police force has failed us and need reforming right from the top. Because the top officers know what is happening but are quiet because they are benefiting from it..

I've witnessed this scene before & I was a victim

1 Like

Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by skiche45: 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:
Nigeria is a glorified disease
this one weak me grin
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by OsuGanja(m): 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2017
wolextayo:

Hmmm you’re right bro. But if you have an option to leave Nigeria for the states, what will you say?
If we are to wait till this country is fixed up, I’m afraid to say we will wait forever

From your username I can already see you are a brother (yoruba demon) . Read my unseen lips "there is no place like home "
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by AvsGot007(m): 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2017
OsuGanja:

From your username I can already see you are a brother (yoruba demon) . Read my unseen lips "there is no place like home "
home is where your heart belong brother and it's definitely not Nigeria for me!

1 Like

Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by aspirebig: 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
One thing I know is that Praiz is humble and respectful.

1 Like

Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by Bodafix(m): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
#EndSARS
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by wolextayo: 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
OsuGanja:

Lol.
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by mrzenith1: 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
My brother was arrested today oooo, they said he wanted to buy fuel from black market people selling fuel along the road......pls is it in the constitution that we cannot buy fuel from black-market? Till now am still searching for the station he was taken to.......i need urgent answer plssssss
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by dview001(m): 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2017
veekid:
Nigeria is a country where looking good with beards is an offence ...... I've lost count on times wey Sarz don Harras me. #otidibaraku
you call those rashes on your chin beards?
Re: Singer Praiz Addresses His Encounter With The Police With A Deep Post by laliga01: 5:55am On Dec 21, 2017
Terminator1234g:
And IPOB LEADERS BE DECEIVING THEM SINCE 1967. ANIMALS WAILERS. CRIMINALS.
HATERS
NUISANCES
GULLIBE....
PEOPLE OF WHITE POWDER
E-RATS

Guy, since I knew you, your life still has not changed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bisi Alimi: 80% Of Nigerian Music Are Noisy, Meaningless And Toxic / List Of Ugliest Naija Female Musicians( You Must Agree) ! / BET Awards 2016: Falz Nominated As Best New International Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.