Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls (2125 Views)

Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD / Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP / 2011 Presidential Elections: Results From Up North- CPC calling the shots so far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Beaf: 8:26am On Apr 03, 2010
[size=14pt]No zoning - CNPP Urges Jonathan to Run for 2011 Presidential Polls[/size]
Peter Duru
2 April 2010

As the next general elections draw near, the Benue State Chairman of the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties CNPP, Engr. Baba Agan has urged Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to run for the 2011, assuring that Nigerians would support his aspiration.

Agan noted that any attempt to bar Dr. Jonathan from contesting the next presidential elections by the ruling PDP would be unacceptable by Nigerians who have in the last few weeks felt the impact of his visionary leadership qualities.

The Peoples Redemption Party PRP, National Publicity Secretary who spoke to newsmen in Makurdi stressed that the Acting President should be allowed to continue in office beyond 2011 in order to enable him do more for Nigerians.

According to Agan, Nigerians must not be denied purposeful leadership on the basis of the zoning arrangement describing the zoning plot as the bane of Nigeria's political experiment.

He added that the zoning formula being propagated by the parties to deny quality candidates from contesting elections in the country was not recognized by the constitution hence should be discarded.

He noted that the present realities of the nation's political history does not allow for the enthronement of a new president in the country.

Agan explained that Nigerian must resist any attempted to push the Acting President out of office on the grounds of his geopolitical zone of origin.

He said: "Dr. Goodluk Jonathan has so far not disappointed Nigerians; things are beginning to take shape again in the country and he has shown utmost sincerity in the running of the government hence he should be allowed to contest the next general elections in order to enable him continue with his good works".

"I implore Nigerian to support his emergence because he has exhibited the zeal to take the country to another level of development", Agan said.

The opposition leader also urged the opposition in the country to support Dr. Jonathan in his quest to impact on the people stressing that the administration needs the support of all to excel.

Agan further called on Nigerians to support the emergence of the Acting President in 2011 stressing that all the country needs at this time is tangible development and not the so called zoning gamble.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201004020962.html
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by usbcable(m): 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2010
its like people aren't interested in this topic, yet it made front page.

@topic,
Even if the whole 9ja wants Good Jonnie to run,of which I beleive many do so as to change this unwritten rotational presidency thingy, PDP would waork assidiously against him becoming C-IN-C.

No wonder a crook like IBB is wanting to comeback to Aso-Rock. angry angry

How I wish Mutallab tried his stunt at the PDP's secretariat when they were having their wicked caucus meeting grin grin grin

One last option left is for all to fight the demon ridden PDP to a stand still come nexttelection.

MY OPINION wink
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by sammyzacks(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2010
true talk.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by CrudeOil2(m): 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2010
I dont think the Pdp would let him do that. And I also think 2011 elections would be a waste of time, and enormous resources like the 2007 election.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by marvix(m): 12:53pm On Apr 03, 2010
Jonathan has started building consensus, d oposition already lookin in his way. The pple who want 2 stand by zonin will lose out in d pdp, they will b d ones lookin for a platform to maintain their zoning formula.

Agan has called out 2 us to stand up nd support d man Goodluck Jonathan, let's start d campaign.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Saheed2020: 3:10pm On Apr 03, 2010
Wat de hek dose The US AND EUROPE WANT TO WITH US
BY SUPPORTIN IBB?
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by sholasys: 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2010
I think its too early to start giving credit to the acting president. I dont want to beleive he is now building a concensus. All those arrand him are borrowed soilders which have their Allegiance else where. The time is even short and it will be a political mis caculation for him to contest in 2010.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by mistakay: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2010
Pdp to allow jonathan to run would amount to political harakiri.The northern governors will scatter like chickens.id rather vote for de-odudualised Yoruba or de-biafranised igbo man than a Niger deltan.You just cant trust them,period lipsrsealed
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by JUO(m): 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2010
The northern governors will scatter like chickens.id rather vote for de-odudualised Yoruba or de-biafranised igbo man than a Niger deltan.You just cant trust them,period
U must be one of those greedy Nigerians,  who would want us to die while we have oil.
refinery is at the back of my house and I don't know the colour of crude oil image!
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by truly: 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2010
marvix:

Jonathan has started building consensus, d oposition already lookin in his way. The pple who want 2 stand by zonin will lose out in d pdp, they will b d ones lookin for a platform to maintain their zoning formula.

Agan has called out 2 us to stand up nd support d man Goodluck Jonathan, let's start d campaign.

What is consensus but opportunism. CNPP is supposed to be composed of opposition parties
Ordinarily when your opponent advises you, you ignore him - he is just setting you up
On the other hand, if his advice is sincere, then it means he is ready to jump ship - typical opportunism
Nigerian politcians cannot take principled opposition to a government
The ruling government in Japan was in opposition for decades
Johnathan building consensus is not good news
We have consensus about the problems of this country

But does a consensus candidate (primarily loyal to his consensus partners) really deliver what we need
He does not need to campaign or woo us
His election is already confirmed anywhere
In Nigeria, that is bad news

Let people fight it out based on track record and ideas
So what are Johnathan's concrete achievements todate apart from taking over from Yaradua?

Note that Johnathan is still enjoying the traditional honeymoon which at this stage in 2007 Yaradua was still enjoying!
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Beaf: 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2010
mistakay:

Pdp to allow jonathan to run would amount to political harakiri.The northern governors will scatter like chickens.id rather vote for de-odudualised Yoruba or de-biafranised igbo man than a Niger deltan.You just cant trust them,period lipsrsealed

And you are talking about not just, your "fellow countrymen", but also fellow blacks?
Sometimes we sound as bad as apartheid style racists. lipsrsealed
Any surprises why Ghaddaffi saw reason to shoot his mouth in our direction?

Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Fhemmmy: 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2010
It is a uselessly nice topic.
Jonathan was with the party when they agreed on the stupid zoning, yet, he never complained.
Jonathan has dined with the devil and yet, he is kool

CNPP claimed that Nigerians would vote for Jonathan, i would love to know how they came to that conclusion.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by JUO(m): 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2010
CNPP claimed that Nigerians would vote for Jonathan, i would love to know how they came to that conclusion.
we will. just know that from now
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Apr 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Jonathan was with the party when they agreed on the silly zoning, yet, he never complained.

nna na wa ooo!!!!
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Jonathan was with the party when they agreed on the silly zoning, yet, he never complained.

Do you have any proof that any agreement does exist. Please lets see some documented proof.

If you do please provide the details, minutes of the meeting and what Jonathan played in the meeting at the time as a PDP member.

Are you a PDP man? if you are not why are you so concerned in whatever immaginary agreements PDP made 10years ago?
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by sjeezy8: 11:01pm On Apr 03, 2010
They said the Zoning was messed up because yaradua probably wont be president in 2011.
It was suppose to be yaradua and jonathan till 2015 and then Jonathan as pesido in 2015 with a northern VP . . .

I dont think he should run 2011- because Nigeria is not stable enough as of right now. I actually think he should wait till 2015 and have the FULL 8 years.

They shouldnt be so short cited because without zoning the ss misses out not the north they can win a free and fair election solely based on number of states. they can easily bag east or west votes.
Like shagari did.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by solokay(m): 3:06am On Apr 04, 2010
I know for sure that Jonathan will run in 2011, he will not just give up power like. African leaders dont just leave, they normally stay until they are driven away.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by OAM4J: 4:08am On Apr 04, 2010
I think it is too early for now to start asking Jonathan to run in 2011.

Before rolling out the campaign drums for Jonathan, let's see what he will do in the next six months.

If he performs and gives quality leadership, Majority of Nigerians will rally behind him, PDP agreement or not.

Apparently the ball is in Jonathan court. If he doesn't have what it takes to lead Nigeria and shows it in the next six months, Nigerians will look for another.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Apr 04, 2010
OAM4J:

Before rolling out the campaign drums for Jonathan, let's see what he will do in the next six months.

If he performs and gives quality leadership, Majority of Nigerians will rally behind him, PDP agreement or not.

Apparently the ball is in Jonathan court. If he doesn't have what it takes to lead Nigeria and shows it in the next six months, Nigerians will look for another.

You mean the same Nigerians who have already concluded he needs to run for president with next to no evidence the man is even equipped to do the job or be a leader?
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by OAM4J: 4:44am On Apr 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You mean the same Nigerians who have already concluded he needs to run for president with next to no evidence the man is even equipped to do the job or be a leader?

How many are these Nigerians who have already reached the conclusion you talk about?

few I guess. At least the list excludes me and many around me.

Wait for few months, you will hear the views of many Nigerians loud and clear on whether he should contest or not.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Akanbiedu(m): 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2010
mikeansy:

Do you have any proof that any agreement does exist. Please lets see some documented proof.

If you do please provide the details, minutes of the meeting and what Jonathan played in the meeting at the time as a PDP member.

Are you a PDP man? if you are not why are you so concerned in whatever immaginary agreements PDP made 10years ago?

Are you joking?
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 04, 2010
@kobojunkie. I think the opinion in Nairaland is misleading you. You have to go all out and ask every mouth in Nigeria about their stance on jonathan before drawing your conclusion.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by larez(m): 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2010
Nigerians are famous for acting out of Euphoria. This creates an enabling environment for God-Fatherism. While I appreciate the current moves by Goodluck Jonathan especially in regards to Ribadu, I would rather wait to see consistency over time to enhance his credibility. Our Politicians are aware that once you give Nigerians a few crumbs, they'd be crying out Hossanna. This is an ever-occurring tool of manipulation.

Yes I will vote for Goodluck Jonathan if he continues with progressive policies. I will even get out and campaign vigorously for him. Wish he could have Fashola as his running mate though, or possibly Ribadu. But a Ribadu IG will be the best thing to rehabilitate the Nigerian Police Force and bring back honour into Policing.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by CrudeOil2(m): 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2010
Nigeria!
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Apr 04, 2010
eina:

@kobojunkie. I think the opinion in Nairaland is misleading you. You have to go all out and ask every mouth in Nigeria about their stance on jonathan before drawing your conclusion.

I didn't draw a conclusion. I asked a question --- asked him if he was referring to the very same Nigerians who Jonathan can already claim their votes. They exist -- out there and in here. They exist!

larez:

[size=14pt]Our Politicians are aware that once you give Nigerians a few crumbs, they'd be crying out Hossanna.[/size] This is an ever-occurring tool of manipulation.

Our politicians seem to be real masters at this art. They may look like idiots but they use the tool well. How else does a corrupt few hold a nation of over 150 million people in such a state?
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by bibiking1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2010
Weekend comedy huh?
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by KnowAll(m): 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2010
My inclination is Jonathan is going to run but the strategy is for the PDP spokesman to scream at the roof tops for all asunder to hear and get the message loud and clear that the Presidency has been zoned to the North,  this would allay any fear or discontent from that zone. What will now happen would be the positioning of IBB as the front runner only for IBB to pull out in the last minute having already chosen Jonathan as his running mate.

I sense IBB would now pull out of the race 2 to 3 weeks to the election proper or better still when the election has being completed in which case it would be too late to start organising another primary. The reason why I believe this is the strategy is because for the Americans and Brits to go and visit someone who is not in power or even in goverment in his private residence in Minna is very unusual.  Going to visit IBB in his Minna mansion, when there was a sitting President in the nation to use a more subtle word appear not only subversive but damn right rude and undiplomatic to say the least.

Basically what it would simple mean is Jonathan would be the deputy running mate up to such a time the Presidential Candidate pulls out of the race either b4 or after the elections for health reason therby giving Jonathan a clear run for the Presidency. IBB's lack of lustre or enthusiamsm is a bit of a worry, I also sense the American's love the Jonathan script as a man who have never stood for an election and yet tends to end up being the beneficiary of such office.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2010
roflmaoo!!!!

That reads like something from the twilight zone. . lol
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by KnowAll(m): 4:26pm On Apr 04, 2010
roflmaoo!!!!

That reads like something from the twilight zone. . lol

I dig out this post in 13 months time. I am 98% that is what is going to happen. IBB is already 70 years.
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Apr 04, 2010
That you so believe in the possibility of what you have above. , I will wait to see .
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by MONAGHAN: 4:11am On Apr 05, 2010
wHO EVER IS RUNNING FOR 2011 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

ALL I WISH THEM IS

GOOD LUCK cheesy grin tongue shocked
Re: Cnpp Urges Jonathan To Run For 2011 Presidential Polls by OAM4J: 4:40am On Apr 05, 2010
KnowAll:

My inclination is Jonathan is going to run but the strategy is for the PDP spokesman to scream at the roof tops for all asunder to hear and get the message loud and clear that the Presidency has been zoned to the North,  this would allay any fear or discontent from that zone. What will now happen would be the positioning of IBB as the front runner only for IBB to pull out in the last minute having already chosen Jonathan as his running mate.

I sense IBB would now pull out of the race 2 to 3 weeks to the election proper or better still when the election has being completed in which case it would be too late to start organising another primary. The reason why I believe this is the strategy is because for the Americans and Brits to go and visit someone who is not in power or even in goverment in his private residence in Minna is very unusual.  Going to visit IBB in his Minna mansion, when there was a sitting President in the nation to use a more subtle word appear not only subversive but damn right rude and undiplomatic to say the least.

Basically what it would simple mean is Jonathan would be the deputy running mate up to such a time the Presidential Candidate pulls out of the race either b4 or after the elections for health reason therby giving Jonathan a clear run for the Presidency. IBB's lack of lustre or enthusiamsm is a bit of a worry, I also sense the American's love the Jonathan script as a man who have never stood for an election and yet tends to end up being the beneficiary of such office.

What a theory Sounds more like a joke to me.

Jonathan accepting to be VP, IBB pulling out at the last minute for Jonathan. . . unbelievable!

(1) (Reply)

Tears Still On Lagos Roads / Revealed: 9 Out Of PDP Governors Voted For Amaechi In NGF Election / BOMBSHELL!!! Obasanjo Attack On Jonathan!!! Mallam Idris Mohammed Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.