Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! (902 Views)

Footballers Queue Up To Mock Man United After Embarrassing Carling Cup Exit / Chelsea Wins Carling Cup / Carling Cup Final: Wigan Vs Manchester United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by RuuDie(m): 3:13pm On Feb 27, 2007
a lot of people, some on dis forum, are of the opinion dat it was Wenger's pride dat cost d Gunners d Carling Cup; dat he could have fielded a more xperienced team against Chelsea!
well , true & not true! there was an even greater battle on d bench between Jose & Wenger -- one in which victory would be worth more than a lifetime of Carling Cups!
all week long, prior 2 d game, there had been verbal fusillade from both camps & now d stage was set 2 c who d better manager was!

who won dis psychological tug-of-war? let's see , many a chelsea fan will beg 2 disagree, but in truth, Wenger did!

Wenger showed his intelligence & fore-sight by fielding his young guns 4 dis game; by doing so, he'd placed himself in a win-win position & put Jose on the spot , how?

, beat Chelsea (that didn't happen of course), complete bedlam; Wenger has braggin rights 4 d rest of his life - Jose looks even worse than scenario above, runs home with tail between legs!

lose 2 chelsea respectably (just as they did); praises & extolling of virtues of Wenger, he walks out with his head held high - leavin Jose lookin bad - why? he's team have won but not convincinly enough, if they're better then that's how they gotta prove it!
either ways Jose comes off worse 4 wear.

the only way that Jose would have come out of dis tops was if his "Blue machine" had handed out a battering or better yet gave a footballin lesson  2 d "young guns" by totally controllin play - but it never happened, they were always 2nd best in the contest!

not only did Wenger succeed in makin Jose look bad - his youngs went further 2 confirm their manager as the better sweat-merchant; they played some absolutely delightful football!

during & @ the end of the game the reactions 4rm both men told the story - Jose wore a long, gloomy face all thru d 90mins & his raucous show of joy, seem'd  superficial & no more - it never got beyond his designer suit!whilst Mr. Wenger had a sly look of satisfaction on his face and didn't complain as much as he always did even after the whole furore towards the end!

4get Trophys - managers are not rated based on how many they've got but by what they've brought 2 d game - & Wenger has done quite a handful 4 d good of <b>good football</b>!
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by Razorr(f): 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2007
Not to sound rude, but this isn't necessary. Please post your comments in the other Carling cup threads and save space.

Thanks for your expected co-operation. wink
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by mukina2: 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2007
i concur wink

too many threads . . . . wink
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by fellow(m): 3:21pm On Feb 27, 2007
another one of those angry arsenal fans shocked shocked
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by mukina2: 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2007
fellow:

another one of those angry arsenal fans shocked shocked

have you seen the threads by roman fans angry tongue tongue
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by RuuDie(m): 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2007
@ Razorr

sorry maam , but u look 2 young & 2 pretty 2 be Nairalands Dbase admin! wink

Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by wormedup(m): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2007
Dullard !
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by loyika(m): 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2007
grin grin grin grin

I Love this forum

grin grin grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by kitaun(m): 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2007
Me too
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by loyika(m): 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2007
Razorr kiss kiss

I am your loyal servant, You want me to denounce Arsene and Arsenal, I will grin grin

Razorr Oh Razorr!! where at dou oh Razorr kiss kiss

RAZORR cry RAZORRRRRRRRRRR cry grin

I LOVE NL grin grin

cool GOONER 89

Wormy angry, easy on the Kid grin
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by loyika(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2007
OBOY grin

Since "Muppetism" is the way to go, if you can't beat them, join them i say. cheesy

cool GOONER 89

PLEASE let me get back to that Clown 4play before my time is through cheesy

Leaving here the way i came, out the back door
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by kitaun(m): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2007
Lmao . .na wa 4 una, I don laff 4get my name!!
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by Razorr(f): 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2007
LMAO. . . grin lipsrsealed grin
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by kitaun(m): 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2007
Hell razorr??
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by wormedup(m): 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2007
una no serious !

kit, u come dey sound like say na u diaby kick 4 head tongue

razorr, u head looks nice sha tongue grin

yes oh ! this is much mo' than the carling cup; it's the clowning thread grin
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by Razorr(f): 4:18pm On Feb 28, 2007
Y'all crazy. grin

Look Ruudie, let me help you out. You seem to be a juvenile, so I'll quickly conduct a research and find the best juvenile forums on the web. I think that's where you would fit. grin grin
Love Ya baby. kiss
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by olawa20(m): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2007
u sure have a nice head grin true
Re: Much Mo' Than The Carling Cup! by RuuDie(m): 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2007
@ Razorr ,

sorry i brought u dis storm of unwanted attention but bask in it 'cos u're now one of NL's most wanted !!!
i'm waitin with bated breathe 4 ur list of Juve** forums , pls don't let me die b4 u post it O ! grin

(1) (Reply)

Arseanl Rehab (gunner Only) / NFL Talk Here / Who We Go Play For Finals, Brazil Or ARGENTINA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.