Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) (988 Views)

Oyetola Presents N1.13bn Bond Certificate To 189 Retirees In Osun / Tinubu To Obasanjo, IBB: Join Retirees’ Club / (pic) Compare Between Nigerian Retirees And Greek Retirees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by ademasta(m): 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
Seeing this picture breaks my heart... More reasons I refuse to work as a civil servant. When will the fortune of my dear country change for the better?
Nigerian leaders are more concerned about their pockets rather than taking care of the masses, they are more concerned about sending their kids abroad rather than redeeming the lost glory of our tertiary institutions.

Question: What comes to your mind when you see this picture and remembering your aged parents would soon retire from civil work?

This is how my dear country has chosen to treat the people who have sacrificed the very good part of their lives in serving the nation. People, of which 90% have no access to embezzlement, they plan their lives based on the little monthly pay which often doesn't come on time. The government keeps owing salaries, yet their perseverance is top notch. These same people are then allowed to pass through pains in getting their monthly stipend(pension), some died while standing for so long on the queue.

And in the Europe, the reverse is the case. They treat their retirees as legends who have dissipated and impacted knowledge.
May God redeem this nation from the rule of the bad leaders.

Indeed, this picture bleeds my heart.

Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by ademasta(m): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
undecided
Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by avadella(f): 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hmmm, I feel bittered for this country I swear.
In fact I can not eat again this night.

Lalasticlala self wouldn't be able to eat snake on seeing this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by ademasta(m): 9:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
avadella:
Hmmm, I feel bittered for this country I swear.
In fact I can not eat again this night.

Lalasticlala self wouldn't be able to eat snake on seeing this
I am indeed disappointed in this country
Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by maxti: 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
How can we get it right?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by horsepower101: 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nigeria haven't even finish paying the retirement of soldiers that fought for them in the civil war not to talk of civil servants.
Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by SalamRushdie: 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2017
Sad but the truth is that way you lay your bed is the way you will lie on it.. just 20 years ago these people were young workers who will rather take bribe than get work done , they were hiding files and killing laudable proposals all in the name of na where man de work e dey chop but today the future the failed to think of has caught up with them unprepared ...That is is why i always i advise young people who are now young civil servants to start looming beyond short term corruption and bribes but rather work to make sure the system works well because if the system doesnt work well in the future the bad work culture they have set will get them when they retire .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by bedspread: 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
THIS ONE STROOOOOONG

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by tollyboy5(m): 1:54am On Dec 21, 2017
I get tired of seeing youth aiming @ government work.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by ademasta(m): 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
maxti:
How can we get it right?
The big question!
Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by ademasta(m): 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
tollyboy5:
I get tired of seeing youth aiming @ government work.
Entrepreneurship is the way
Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by ademasta(m): 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
bedspread:
THIS ONE STROOOOOONG
So so strong

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by pezeji(m): 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
what else do u xpect from a country governed by selfish and greedy leaders?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by ademasta(m): 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Sad but the truth is that way you lay your bed is the way you will lie on it.. just 20 years ago these people were young workers who will rather take bribe than get work done , they were hiding files and killing laudable proposals all in the name of na where man de work e dey chop but today the future the failed to think of has caught up with them unprepared ...That is is why i always i advise young people who are now young civil servants to start looming beyond short term corruption and bribes but rather work to make sure the system works well because if the system doesnt work well in the future the bad work culture they have set will get them when they retire .
You have a point here, but not in all cases. The Nigerian Pension System is rotten, Nigerian leaders are greedy. Maina looted a huge sum of money meant to pay the innocent pensioners, on what account do we record that?
Re: Nigerian Retirees Versus European Retirees(pic) by ademasta(m): 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
pezeji:
what else do u xpect from a country governed by self esteemed leaders
Self esteemed? What do you mean by this

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Video Message Of Nnamdi Kanu To Benue People / Fulani Recolonizing Nigeria / I would’ve become minister if I had defected to APC –Babangida Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.