Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

I’m In Guber Race To Wipe Out Poverty In Ekiti State ― Segun Adewale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m In Guber Race To Wipe Out Poverty In Ekiti State ― Segun Adewale (568 Views)

Just In: Guber Election : El-rufai Wins Polling Unit / Segun Adewale (Aeroland) Slaps BBC Reporter For Recording Him / Rec. Of Inec In Osun State, Segun Agbaje Was Beaten To Coma By Angry Youths. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m In Guber Race To Wipe Out Poverty In Ekiti State ― Segun Adewale by opeey(m): 9:19pm On Dec 20, 2017
PEOPLES Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirant in the election holding 2018 in Ekiti State, Otunba Segun Adewale aka Aeroland, has said that he is resolved to wipe out poverty in the state if voted in office.
Adewale, who is Chairman, Lagos State chapter of PDP, made the declaration after officially declaring his intention to contest for governorship seat in the state next year.
“I hate poverty with a passion and by the grace of God, if I am given the privilege to lead my people, together we shall defeat the hold of poverty on our people and state. It is an aberration that a state known as the fountain of knowledge is also among the poorest states in the country. My mission in Ekiti is to defeat poverty in the land by converting our God given knowledge to wealth,” he said.
“My mission in Ekiti is to defeat poverty in the land by converting our God given knowledge to wealth. Our manifesto is geared towards building a strong financial capacity for the state and her citizens such that Ekiti can be a lender to other states of the federation,” he added.
The party chieftain, who is also the Chairman/CEO of Aeroland Group of Companies, said in the release issued in Lagos on Wednesday that his visit to the party secretariat in Ado Ekiti was to formally inform the State Working Committee (SWC), Local Government Exco (LGE), leaders and stakeholders of the PDP in Ekiti of his intention to fly the party’s flag at the coming poll.
“I have come here today with my supporters to inform our party leaders of my intention to vie for the governorship seat next year. This visit puts to rest the rumours on whether I will contest or not,” the aspirant said.
Speaking further, Adewale contended that Ekiti State needed a man of integrity, values and decorum as the governor, promising that the state under his watch would experience clear developmental and infrastructure gains.
“Our policies shall be centered on empowering Ekiti people financially. Our vision is to make Ekiti State a reference point in Nigeria in the areas of Agriculture, Technology, Education, Healthcare delivery, social amenities, and industrialisation and to ensure financial independence from the Federal Government,” he said.
In his welcome speech, the Chairman, Ekiti State chapter of PDP, Chief Williams Ajayi, noted that Otunba Adewale was the first aspirant to officially show his interest to contest the next governorship poll under the party platform, but quickly assured that the PDP secretariat in the state would ensure a level- playing ground as it had not endorsed any aspirant.
However, he described Adewale as a sellable candidate capable of securing victory for the party in the coming election.

Re: I’m In Guber Race To Wipe Out Poverty In Ekiti State ― Segun Adewale by emeijeh(m): 9:20pm On Dec 20, 2017
Very easy to say.

See how the old man in the pix above is enjoying all his lies
Re: I’m In Guber Race To Wipe Out Poverty In Ekiti State ― Segun Adewale by Financialfree: 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
Not different from what buhari promised us.
Now here we go again.
Abeg find another strategy
Re: I’m In Guber Race To Wipe Out Poverty In Ekiti State ― Segun Adewale by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2017
angry

∆ This one just wan milk Ekiti state .. ∆
Re: I’m In Guber Race To Wipe Out Poverty In Ekiti State ― Segun Adewale by Zanas: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
Was it not this same guy that contested for Senate in Lagos? What's he now doing in Ekiti state?

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Dickson Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salary To Bayelsa Workers / Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma / After 40years Headline Is Still The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.