Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1001) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2077347 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) ... (1318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hausa:
Bro., no vex sey I never update you on the cbt test.
It wasn't easy. Got home 9:40pm. Some even got home much later cos some started their test around 9pm. Na the pregnant women and nursing mothers I come dey pity.

In the end sha, we thank God.

Hmm shocked

Don’t worry only qualified ndi Anambra will be shortlisted.

Wish u all d best

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Chikeluba25:

That is tunnel under the bridge.

I doubt it's for public use.....more like a service tunnel for effecting repairs when necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by stanluiz(m): 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
1000 page cheesy Am so happy! Anambra is the pride of the South East. Remove Anambra, South East is nothing.

If my comment pain you. Drink sniper cheesy cheesy I don't give a f**k. All those Terrorist disturbing Anambra must die painfully. Security forces will fish them out.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2022
okeysoninv:
obi will concentrate effort in bringing
standard rail line to all Southeast , gas pipeline to east, open up seaports and rivers ports in east and finally massive industrial shift to South East. Not 3rd Niger bridge

You see, this is my main fear and why i think some will work....even rig the system to ensure a Igbo doesn't become the next president! Some peoples fear, borne out of bigotry, envy and wickedness, is that a level playing field could propel cities like Nnewi, Onitsha and Aba to economic prosperity and international prominence!

If the majority of voters, not minding their ethicity, religion or how they may have viewed Ndigbo in the past, can see Peter Obi as the best choice and vote for him, then your hopes for the economic regeneration of the south-east and the rest of Nigeria are likely. A Atiku presidency would equally not be anti-Igbo, though not as beneficial as a Obi presidency would be in rectifying all the injustices instituted against the south-east/Ndigbo! However, a Tinubu presidency would see the continued anti-Igbo policies, actions and pronouncements that have become the norm with this present Buhari regime! The man is very vindictive and can bear a long grudge just like Buhari (his recent disrespectful and triumphalist actions/words towards Osibanjo and Lawan being a case in point), and he also has a negative attitude towards Ndigbo just like Buhari! Just like Buhari did with the north-west in general and Daura in particular, i see him diverting a disproportionate amount of federally-enabled investments, projects, funds and opportunities to the south-west in general and Iragbiji in particular while proven and viable economic centres in the south-east like Nnewi, Onitsha and Aba woud be totally ignored!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
stanluiz:
1000 page cheesy Am so happy! Anambra is the pride of the South East. Remove Anambra, South East is nothing.

If my comment pain you. Drink sniper cheesy cheesy I don't give a f**k. All those Terrorist disturbing Anambra must die painfully. Security forces will fish them out.

Hope normalcy has been restored in Nnewi south?

I noticed You’ve not bin complaining lately cheesy

What’s d situation on ground?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by okeysoninv: 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
PROUDIGBO:

You see, this is my main fear and why i think some will work....even rig the system to ensure a Igbo doesn't become the next president! Some peoples fear, borne out of bigotry, envy and wickedness, is that a level playing field could propel cities like Nnewi, Onitsha and Aba to economic prosperity and international prominence!

If the majority of voters, not minding their ethicity, religion or how they may have viewed Ndigbo in the past, can see Peter Obi as the best choice and vote for him, then your hopes for the economic regeneration of the south-east and the rest of Nigeria are likely. A Atiku presidency would equally not be anti-Igbo, though not as beneficial as a Obi presidency would be in rectifying all the injustices instituted against the south-east/Ndigbo! However, a Tinubu presidency would see the continued anti-Igbo policies, actions and pronouncements that have become the norm with this present Buhari regime! The man is very vindictive and can bear a long grudge just like Buhari (his recent disrespectful and triumphalist actions/words towards Osibanjo and Lawan being a case in point), and he also has a negative attitude towards Ndigbo just like Buhari! Just like Buhari did with the north-west in general and Daura in particular, i see him diverting a disproportionate amount of federally-enabled investments, projects, funds and opportunities to the south-west in general and Iragbiji in particular while proven and viable economic centres in the south-east like Nnewi, Onitsha and Aba woud be totally ignored!
I totally agreed with you, our zone has been neglected since after the war. alot of works are needed to be done .

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ebubu3: 7:33am On Jun 15, 2022
Landmack:

Who’s this nonentity with a rotten and fetid buccal cavity quoting me?
Cheii Look at this blatant low IQ dunce,u are very very stupid to come underneath my post to spew thrash...did I whistle for u?

Thunder faya ur left and right eyeballs dia. Look at this dirty Ebonyi pig o quoting me shocked

Better face whosoever that is dealing with u here and stay out of my posts cause I no get ur time walahi.

Abakeleke terrorist miscreant!

Ogbeni you no fit do zilch. You hear me so?

Thunder strike your entire family down there

Ezi ohia

You have been warned. Bring up Ebonyi name for ridicule and you go collect wotoporiously. I don't know why river Niger people don't like to remove Ebonyi name from their insulting mouths.

Keep on at it. Obi wasn't even going to win Ebonyi but I'll make sure I discourage the few elements who might give him less than 1 thousand votes. Your arrogance and insults caused it.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 0neast: 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2022
The fact still remains that ebonyi state is a cursed useless worthless and poverty capital of the south east. Ebonyi people are and will forever remain igbo slaves to Anambra. That’s why the only job we can give them in Anambra is wheelbarrow pushing and sales of gala and ice cream. We don’t give them land to build any rubbish because we know who dey are and how they behave. Ebonyi pple behave worse than the Fulani and they’re very envious of the Anambra money.
Dave Umahi is another worthless and useless Abakeleke gov who once asked, why an Anambra man? during the 2015 nomination of Peter obi as a vice to Atiku. Can u see the level of envy? We will never forget. Umahi’s political ambition was funded by ibeto an Anambra billionaire but Umahi turned around to betray and deal with him. Umahi and Ebonyi pple are cursed and will never rise because of envying the Anambra pple.
If u continue to envy the Anambra Man U will Neva go far in life and that’s why Umahi failed woefully in APC primarys. We are not done dealing with him. He will live to regret ever envying and hating Anambra people

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2022
Breaking:

Public Service Announcement: Gov. Soludo Approves a cutoff mark for Anambra State Teachers’ Recruitment

This is to inform the public that the Governor of Anambra State - Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo has approved 50% as cutoff mark for the just concluded examination with respect to the ongoing teachers' recruitment exercise in Anambra State.

Candidates who scored 50% and above are urged to prepare for another round of the examination by this weekend.

More details and new list to be uploaded shortly...

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
Governor Soludo Set to Relocate The Popular Ogbogwu Market from Bridge-head to Oba.

Friday 17th June, 2022 has been set for the groundbreaking ceremony by Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo to signpost the commencement of construction works at the new site for drug marketers in the State.

This was made known this morning by a combined delegation of stakeholders who paid a courtesy call on the Governor at the Anambra State Governor's lodge, Amawbia. Members of the delegation include, Ogbogwu Market Association, represented by their caretaker committee Chairman, Mr Chukwulota Ndubuisi; the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, Anambra State, represented by Pharmacist Josephat Obasi, and Mr. Uche Eze, the Chairman of Coordinated Wholesale Centre -- a supply chain distribution framework of the pharmaceutical society of Nigeria.

Speaking on behalf of the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria, the regulatory body for all drug related activities including production and distribution, Pharmacist Fechi Njoku, bemoaned the current unregulated state of the open drug market at Bridge-head Onitsha. She noted that the council in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health had made frantic efforts in the past to no avail to ensure a better system where wholesome drugs are produced and distributed according to international best practice. She Thanked Governor Soludo for showing a strong will to bring the situation under control with the swift approval for the commencement of work at the proposed new site in Oba.

Governor Soludo assured the visitors of his resolve to transform the new Oba drug Market to a highly regulated eco-system for the sales and distribution of drugs, and to further expand it into a manufacturing hub for all kinds of safe and efficacious drugs.

The project is a Private-Public Partnership where the Government is providing land and other technical support. It is expected to be completed in next 24 months, with the first phase billed to be set in the next 8 months.

Those at the meeting include, Dr. Afam Ben Obidike, the Anambra State Commissioner for Health and Dr Godwin Nnadozie, Special Adviser to the Governor of Anambra State on Medicals and Pharmaceuticals.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
NEW ASWAMA BOSS RESUMES DUTY

-- Tasks Management and Staff of the Agency on improved productivity.

A clean and green Anambra is top priority of the Soludo administration. This was exemplified by the first official outing of Mr Governor, Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo, on his epochal visit to Okpoko in Ogbaru LGA, and parts of Onitsha North and South to flag off the clean up of slums for an imminent urban regeneration.

As a follow-up to this, Mr Governor commissioned a special task force headed by the Deputy Governor, Dr Onyekachukwu Ibezim. The Committee was saddled with the responsibility of sustaining the momentum and calibrating a new, effective and efficient waste management system.

As part of the reform effort in the management of waste in the State, the Governor, last week, announced the appointment of Mr. Mike Ozoemena (Nzeakonobi) as the new helmsman of the Anambra State Waste Management Agency (ASWAMA).

Until his appointment, Mr. Ozoemena was an active member of the State task force on waste management. Today, at the ASWAMA administrative office, Mr. Ozoemena resumed duty as the MD/CEO of the agency. This event was marked with a brief handover ceremony wherein the immediate past MD/CEO of ASWAMA, Mr. Amaechi Akorah, handed over the reins of leadership to Mr. Ozoemena. The new MD charged the management and workers of ASWAMA to brace up for the task ahead. In his words, "our job is simple, yet daunting. But, excuses will not be entertained as the people are impatient for a change, and this change we must provide even at the expense of our personal comfort".

The event was witnessed by some State functionaries and members of staff of ASWAMA.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by satandeterrible: 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
Soludo should start building roads na..
Haba
All Nnewi roads don spoil.
Awka is not looking like a capital city.
There's much work to be done

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2022
CVR : INEC Creates Additional 25 Registration Centres In Anambra

By Stella Igboka ( ABS Reporter )

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has created additional twenty-five Registration Centres in Anambra State to address the surge at the various registration Centres

This brings to eighty-seven total number of active centres in the State.

Anambra State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Dr Nkwachukwu Orji announced this during a press briefing at the INEC Headquarters in Awka.

Dr Orji said that the new additional centres have commenced operation in various designated areas with sufficient staff.

He maintained that they have strategically improved its operational procedures for speedy services, adding that the commission has separated people seeking biometric services from those that require non biometric, hence those requesting for non-biometric need not to come to registration centres

Dr Orji disclosed that the Independent National Electoral Commission has extended its operational time from nine o’clock in the morning to nine o’clock in the evening daily to ensure that they meet the required target

He also promised the public that the Independent National Electoral Commission will continue to live up to the confidence reposed in them and appealed for patience, understanding and co-operation.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

This is to inform the general public and all applicants that applied for the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Basic Military Training Course (BMTC) 43/2022 to visit the NAF recruitment portal at www.nafrecruitment.mil.ng to check the list of shortlisted candidates. The Recruitment Selection Board Interviews, divided in 8 batches, are scheduled to hold from 27 June to 28 August 2022 at NAF Base, Kaduna. Be informed that all candidates attending the Selection Board are expected to be of high disciplinary standard during the screening exercises. Anything short of this will not be tolerated.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

15 June 2022

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Second Niger bridge

This is a good iconic development. Anambra is growing as the fastest developing state in the region. The second Niger bridge will further expand development in the great city of Onitsha. Awka is already among the fastest developing cities in Nigeria. Soludo is here to further take our cities to another new level altogether.

Anambra already has a standard international airport to cater for not just Anambra but the entire eastern region. Awka international convention centre is there also to host the biggest events that comes to SE region. Anambra is ready.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
Public Service ANNOUNCEMENT
This is to inform the public that the Governor of Anambra State, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo has approved 50 percent as the cut off mark for the just concluded examination with respect to the ongoing teachers' recruitment exercise in Anambra State.
Candidates who scored 50 percent and above should prepare for another round of the examination on Saturday 18/06/2022. Candidates will only be checked into the examination hall on showing their personal identification cards, National Identification Cards and Voters Cards. Further details will be uploaded shortly.
Signed
Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh
Commissioner for Education
Anambra State

Modified:
For your CBT result,use the link in the screenshot below to check

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 6:39am On Jun 16, 2022
LIST OF SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES FOR THE ANAMBRA STATE TEACHERS' RECRUITMENT EXERCISE PHASE 2 EXAMINATION

This is to inform the public that the Governor of Anambra State - Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo has approved 50% as cutoff mark for the just concluded examination with respect to the ongoing teachers' recruitment exercise in Anambra State.

Candidates who scored 50% and above are urged to prepare for another round of the examination by this weekend 18th June, 2022. Comprehensive list of shortlisted candidates can be seen at https://www.anambraministryofeducation.com/phase-ii-list/

NB: Centres and candidates allocation shall be communicated and uploaded tomorrow - 16th June, 2022.

Please note that candidates must come along with their National Identity Cards/slips and Voter's Cards as means of identification during the examination exercise.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 6:55am On Jun 16, 2022
How can somebody just sit down in joblessness and be creating videos and nonsense posts using unknown gunmen and the terrorist Ipob group to scare peace loving Igbos.
Yesterday’s post on FP was an evidence that there’s a stupid propaganda being carried out by a group to continue to subdue and make the south east look violent,cannibalistic and animalistic. They’re on Nairaland and Facebook with different monikers opening threads on letters and videos sent by gunmen to scare peace loving igbos no thanks to the terrorist group called Ipob they are the genesis of these issues...they’re the reason why someone from another region will go and sit down to concoct fake stories,letters,videos and claim it is from the unknown gunmen.

See screenshot below of one of their lies on FP yesterday. It took discerning minds to call the attention of se.un and also call out mods who always push lies and terror messages from terrorists and the sympathisers to the FP without thinking it out. Now the topic has been brought down. One would still want to ask if Nairaland promotes secession? Or if they have anything to do with terrorizing secessionist like Simon Ekpa and co?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 8:03am On Jun 16, 2022
Landmack:
How can somebody just sit down in joblessness and be creating videos and nonsense posts using unknown gunmen and the terrorist Ipob group to scare peace loving Igbos.
Yesterday’s post on FP was an evidence that there’s a stupid propaganda being carried out by a group to continue to subdue and make the south east look violent,cannibalistic and animalistic. They’re on Nairaland and Facebook with different monikers opening threads on letters and videos sent by gunmen to scare peace loving igbos no thanks to the terrorist group called Ipob they are the genesis of these issues...they’re the reason why someone from another region will go and sit down to concoct fake stories,letters,videos and claim it is from the unknown gunmen.

See screenshot below of one of their lies on FP yesterday. It took discerning minds to call the attention of se.un and also call out mods who always push lies and terror messages from terrorists and the sympathisers to the FP without thinking it out. Now the topic has been brought down. One would still want to ask if Nairaland promotes secession? Or if they have anything to do with terrorizing secessionist like Simon Ekpa and co?
Don't mind the jobless and miserable people spreading fake news and tension. Most of them wish that the evil will not come to an end because they have plans of taking advantage of it; as criminals they are.
But we will fish them out one by one.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by stanluiz(m): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2022
Landmack:

Is it not oyigboupdate. Na him work be that.

He has many Facebook account and nairaland monickers that he used to concont fake news.

Peter obi movement is affecting his ipob business hustle. He is now desperate and need to do anything to scare our people with fake news using Terrorist ipob as a cover to boost his Facebook business.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by stanluiz(m): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2022
Is like nairaland moderators are under the payroll of ipob Terrorists and Auto pilot group owned by simeon ekpa.

Because I don't understand how ipob Terrorists news get to from page immediately including the fake ones. Someone with sit in his house and write fake letters and tagged it as " unknown gunmen" and the mod will bring it to front page thereby scaring our peace loving people. Is too bad and the moderators are part of that.

The monicker called " Naptu " is under the payroll of simeon ekpa. Nairaland is supporting a Terrorist group by allowing them to use their platform.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2022
Governor Soludo Confirms Arrest Of Four Suspects In the Murder of Former Anambra Lawmaker And His Aide.

By Ejike Abana (ABS Government House Correspondent)

Governor Chukwuma Soludo has paid his last respects to the late Mr Cyril Chiegboka the man who was killed alongside his boss, the former Lawmaker that represented Aguata two Constituency in Anambra State House of Assembly, Dr Okechukwu Okoye last month.

Until his death, the late Mr Chiegboka was Campaign Director to the deceased lawmaker.

Their bodies were found on May 15 after they were kidnapped by gunmen.

The mass held in the honour of the the Late Chiegboka took place at St Paul's Outstation Isuofia and was celebrated by the Catholic Bishop of Ekwulobia, Most Reverend Peter Okpalaeke.

The mood at the Church was evidently of sadness for family, friends, well wishers, Isuofia Community and government of Anambra State as the

Condoling with the family and the entire Isuofia Community, Governor Soludo revealed that four persons suspected to be to be part of those of the murder of the Lawmaker and his aide are already in custody.

The Governor who stated that the lasting criminality in the state is a contest between light and darkness, also revealed that the criminal elements are sworn to gods who demand blood sacrifices.

Earlier in a homily, Bishop Okpalaeke declared that God will judge the perpetrators by himself as God is alive despite the situations.

Bishop Okpalaeke described the Late Chiegboka as a man who was committed to many courses that advance humanity, calling on people to endeavour to get involved in things that will benefit God and society.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by NkanuSon: 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2022
I will say it again,"an ebonyi person hate other igbos bcs of their achievements", Simon ekpa is using sit at home to kill anambra state bcs anambra is the economic hub of igboland,that why their main focus on sit at home is in anambra state,u guys can even here umahi utterance about peter obi all bcs of hate for an anambra man,they hate u people to the extent they can do anything to kill your progress and they have seen sit at home as the best means.if obi scales through to 2023 elections bet me abakaliki people will use no election in biafra land to stop peter obi from becoming president and the present fulanis government will buy that idea bcs fulanis and yorubas will also do anything to stop an Igbo man from becoming president that's why they will use insiders from abakaliki to kill it,bet me they are working with the Nigerian government presently.umahi and Simon ekpa has thesame agenda don't be decieves bcs they claim to be igbos,they only do so to achieve their aim
Anambra people should wise up fast if not more terror is coming to kill u people and your livelihoods and stop your progress,am from nkanu in enugu and I know this people very well,they have inferiority complex to other igbos that why they want to kill our progress,u guys have to know our enemies are not just outsiders
Anambra people u have to distance yourself from abakaliki people bcs they will be used to kill peter obi presidential ambition and kill anambra state economy.if u people won't wise up now more is coming

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 1:52am On Jun 17, 2022
Owerri Road interchange of the SECOND NIGER BRIDGE project turns out amazing, and the link road to the bridge too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKI8dQTVMwQ

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 10:09am On Jun 17, 2022
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WILL BE SHOUTING IPOB, WHEN FULANI START SPEAKING IGBO AND BEHEAD U.

HERE IS A YORUBA WOMAN IN FAR AWAY IBADAN, THAT TRADES IN A MARKET WITH IGBO PEOPLE, SPEAKING IGBO FLUENTLY.

SHE HAS NEVER BEEN TO IGBO LAND BEFORE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xh-WlC8kv0

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 17, 2022
Zukwanuike!
Find another way to be happy. Allow other people to speak your language in peace

hammer567:
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WILL BE SHOUTING IPOB, WHEN FULANI START SPEAKING IGBO AND BEHEAD U.

HERE IS A YORUBA WOMAN IN FAR AWAY IBADAN, THAT TRADES IN A MARKET WITH IGBO PEOPLE, SPEAKING IGBO FLUENTLY.

SHE HAS NEVER BEEN TO IGBO LAND BEFORE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xh-WlC8kv0

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2022
Anambra Farmers Receive Free Improved Farm Inputs

By Ebele Ezeh ( ABS Reporter )

The Dr Alex Ekwueme Square Awka yesterday went agog as farmers from the twenty-one local government areas of the state gathered for the official flag-off of the 2022 farming season by Governor Chukwuma Soludo.

Also in attendance were processors, marketers, agro-dealers and producers of organic manure from within and outside Anambra State.

This year's event was extra ordinary as it futured distribution of different improved farm inputs to farmers at no cost, including organic manure for easy transition to regenerative agriculture.

Speaking on organic agricultural practice, Mr. Emmanuel Duruiheoma of Arisetech Products, makers of organic soil conditioner and livestock additive from Ebonyi State, encouraged Ndi Anambra to be more committed to using organic products in producing foods since the state is already in the world agricultural map for producing organic foods.

He described Governor Soludo as a true solution to challenges of Anambra farmers, hence he is complementing their products, which according to him is also a solution to farmers plight because it enhances productivity and increases profit margin.

The State Programme Coordinator of Fadama CARES, one of the agric intervention programs in the state, Mr. Chuks Egbue, disclosed that they target to reach over three thousand farmers across the state, whose farm geo referencing have been captured and profiled for easy monitoring and evaluation.

Mr. Egbue, who warned that anyone caught indulging in sharp practices with the farm inputs would be black-listed, arrested and made to face the full weight of the law, encouraged farmers to always abide by the instructions of agric facilitators and consultants in order to achieve targeted yield.

Speaking on behalf of Ecogarden Nigeria Limited, a firm partnering Harvest Plus and GAIN, IITA Ibadan on commercialization of bio-fortified crops, Mr. Emeka Okoli, noted that the bio-fortified crops have been designed to be bequeathed to the youths, who will surely takeover from the ageing farmers.

For a youth Bee-keeper from Umuzocha Village, Awka, Miss Chikodinaka Ejete, she ventured into farming because of her passion for it despite the fact that her course of study is not in any way related to Apiculture, calling on her fellow youths to desist from crime and criminality, take up Bee-keeping business which according to her, is an abandoned oil well.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
Anambra State Govt Establishes Data Collection Centre For Abused Children, Women

By Chidinma Ikeanyionwu ( ABS Reporter )

Anambra State Commissioner for Women and Social Welfare, Mrs Ify Obinabo says the ministry has established a data collection center for cases of abuse of children and women in the State.

Mrs Obinabo disclosed this during an exclusive interview in her office in Awka as part of activities to celebrate the day of the African child in the State.

speaking on the importance of the day, The commissioner explained that one of the reasons the day is being commemorated is to avail parents better opportunities to bond with their children.

She therefore called on parents to try their best to their children adequate attention noting that it would help in reducing the rate of abuse.

On the plan the ministry has to give every Anambra child a liveable State, the women and social welfare commissioner, said that the ministry has requested for a designated specialized court for children where cases of abuse and the likes will receive quick justice delivery, and also the establishment of data collection center in the ministry to help record cases of abuse in the State.

Mrs Obinabo noted that both the request for a designated specialized court and establishment of data collection center are new initiatives in the history of the ministry and State in general.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ysth(m): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
Despacito1:

Look like people will still be walking under the bride too.. like a huge lite walkway tunnel.. let me tell us something here, they're playing politics with Onitsha Port. It's only when a determined igbo man that has igbo's at heart becomes president you will know this river Niger will carry the largest ocean fright in the world. Leave what they told you that you are landlocked. We dont need an ocean just look at those pictures. Modern ships are now modern to float even on a lake because of it surface displaced large tons of water, like old ones it tail and fan will need thousand nautical miles dept to sail.
a river port and a purpose built canal are two different things. It will be very difficult to have large ships navigate through a river port if you forget to put the draught of the river into consideration. Canals are specially built with much deeper draught and made possible to eliminate deposition of silt and sediments. Dredging of the entire niger river can help, but at what cost?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) ... (1318) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.