Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,690 members, 7,865,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (1016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2122132 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (1329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pacesetterz: 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
Soludo should not allow criminal Agbero to destroy his govt. why are they pushing and edging on transporters to protest tomorrow. My friend was chatting with me and telling me how some keke riders are already moving to delta state and I laughed. I really admire Soludo and I pray he rebuilds Anambra. Anambra is the backbone of the east and shouldn’t be allowed to remain this way. Same with Aba

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2022
Pacesetterz:
Soludo should not allow criminal Agbero to destroy his govt. why are they pushing and edging on transporters to protest tomorrow. My friend was chatting with me and telling me how some keke riders are already moving to delta state and I laughed. I really admire Soludo and I pray he rebuilds Anambra. Anambra is the backbone of the east and shouldn’t be allowed to remain this way. Same with Aba

GBAM!

Actually, the Agbero Keke operators should move to Sambisa and not only Delta! Who cares where they move? We only want Anambra to be a decent and secure state!

Let them allow only law-abiding Keke operators to stay in Anambra. Soludo is totally right! He has to institute order into the system, else nothing else will work. I am glad that he isn't afraid of making tough decisions when it becomes necessary.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
Pacesetterz:

Globmoney if u say Obiano’s tenure is better than it is currently. Remember Soludo has just done three months. Does that mean that Obiano didn’t improve Anambra,he left it worse for Soludo? Stop contradicting yourself. For Soludo to be borrowing 100b means he met an empty treasury left by obiano
Only a sound credit worthy state can borrow 100 billion at once because the lenders know the state is financially healthy enough to pay back. I don’t think any org would be willing to borrow that to Imo state for instance

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pacesetterz: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2022
ChimaAdeoye:

GBAM!

Actually, the Agbero Keke operators should move to Sambisa and not only Delta! Who cares where they move? We only want Anambra to be a decent and secure state!

Let them allow only law-abiding Keke operators to stay in Anambra. Soludo is totally right! He has to institute order into the system, else nothing else will work. I am glad that he isn't afraid of making tough decisions when it becomes necessary.
How then will he deal with the hungry agberos? Tho I learned since his emergence as governor of the state some of the agberos have now turned to pushing wheel barrow,some body said agbero biz no dey pay again. My fear is that they should not go and start terrorising the state as unknown gun men. Soludo should recruit them into the state’s waste management to be keeping Anambra clean,he should sew uniform for those willing to take up employment in Anambra waste board as street cleaners.my worry is will they take up that job? U no say money wey person no work for dey sabi sweet,and most Anambra agberos are landlords already from transporters sweat reason y dey don’t want to leave the illegal job.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pacesetterz: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
globemoney01:

Only a sound credit worthy state can borrow 100 billion at once because the lenders know the state is financially healthy enough to pay back. I don’t think any org would be willing to borrow that to Imo state for instance
H are still not answering my question na.leave my state alone/I know we are a bit behind because of months of insecurity
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 10:22pm On Jul 18, 2022

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
SEE THE CITY OF AWKA ANAMBRA STATE DURING THE KEKE STRIKE LAST WEEK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puPWx0xM0OI
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:02am On Jul 19, 2022
AWKA ANAMBRA STATE--THE EMERGING GREAT CITY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqmb60Mfkrk
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Omanambala(m): 4:24am On Jul 19, 2022
Pacesetterz:

Globmoney if u say Obiano’s tenure is better than it is currently. Remember Soludo has just done three months. Does that mean that Obiano didn’t improve Anambra,he left it worse for Soludo? Stop contradicting yourself. For Soludo to be borrowing 100b means he met an empty treasury left by obiano

Do something better with your time because you would be conversing with a dunce.

Globemoney is a battered and disgraced loser. He has been dragged and humiliated so many times he is living with psychological trauma....lmao

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 4:35am On Jul 19, 2022
Omanambala:

Do something better with your time because you would be conversing with a dunce.

Globemoney is a battered and disgraced loser. He has been dragged and humiliated so many times he is living with psychological trauma....lmao
Aboki you wish yet everytime you are crying over someone that has been dragged and humiliated. I live rent free in your head. All you do is come here and rant nonsense over Obi we don’t see you anywhere talking about his presidential ambition.. or maybe it’s your job description..
what a loser..
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 10:58am On Jul 19, 2022
This opportunity is from the table of the special adviser to the governor on Youth empowerment. For Ndi-Anambra only.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
investnow2013:
SEE THE CITY OF AWKA ANAMBRA STATE DURING THE KEKE STRIKE LAST WEEK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puPWx0xM0OI

These are growing pains. They are expected. I remember when Obiano banned Okada and promoted shuttle buses, it was as though the state wouldn't get over it. Today, I see shuttle buses and Keke thriving well.

Folks must understand that payment of taxes to the state government is the ONLY way that we can move forward. Many people would gladly pay taxes to the state government in cities like Asaba or Lagos but TOTALLY REFUSE to pay taxes in Anambra. WHY??

Let us understand that we have a responsibility to pay taxes and then demand good governance. You cannot complain that things are not right, while you have not done your civic responsibility as a citizen to pay your taxes for the overall good of society.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
NDI NWANNE M, ADADIKE OUR SISTER HAS BEEN REPORTED HARM.

I WANT TO TAKE A MINUTE TO SENSITIZE OUR PEOPLE ON THE BENEFITS OF WISDOM.

MY MOTHER SAYS THAT TO EAT WITH THE DEVIL, YOU NEED A VERY LONG SPOON.

U SEE, I SEVERALLY CAUTIONED OUR SISTER, AS I HAVE CAUTION SOME OF OUR BROTHERS HERE.

HOWEVER, WHO THE gods WANT TO DESTROY, THEY FIRST MAKE DEAF.

THE PERSON ON THIS FORUM THAT REPORTED HER MISSING, IS STILL THE PERSON FROM THE NORTH THAT APPEARS TO BE WORKING WITH DSS AND BUHARI GOV, EVEN GOING TO ANAMBRA IN THIS TIME OF UNREST.

A LITTLE INVESTIGATION BEFORE HER DEPARTURE INDICATES THAT SHE MAY HAVE OFFENDED HER ATTACKERS WITH HER MOST RECENT POST HERE.

SHE POSTED THIS A DAY BEFORE ATTACK AND EVENTUALLY DISAPPEARING.

ALL OF U SELL OUT NEVER LEARN, FROM UMAHI TO WIKE, NOW ADADIKE

adadike:
Ndi hausa have started again. World most backward people have resume their madness again . This time around, we will match it fire for fire.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 11:16pm On Jul 19, 2022
Staff of the CBN Branch Awka Pays Courtesy Visit on Governor Soludo.

-- Assures him of Greater Cooperation.

A delegation of the members of staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Branch Awka, led by its Branch Controller, Mr. B. I. C. Maduagwu, paid a scheduled visit to Mr Governor, Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo, today the 19th of July, 2022 at the Governor's lodge, Amawbia.

Speaking on behalf of the delegation, Mr. Maduagwu congratulated Governor Soludo on his resounding victory at the November 6, 2021 polls. According to him, "the victory at the poll which was overwhelming, is a true reflection of the wishes and aspiration of ndi Anambra. It is Historic, and ndị Anambra have confidence in you and they have expressed it accordingly".

The Branch Controller recounted the tortuous history of building the CBN Branch in Awka, and the significant role played by Governor Soludo, the then CBN Governor, in ensuring the establishment of a CBN branch in Anambra State which was hitherto not in existence.

He stated that the CBN Awka branch has enjoyed maximum hospitality from the people of Anambra since its establishment in the State. In his words, "permit me to inform you that the Government and good people of Anambra State have been wonderful and good hosts to all staff of the Central Bank (retired and serving) since the Bank's establishment in 2008. It is in this regard the Branch continues from time to time undertaken notable corporate social responsibility in the State, including the renovation of the Nigeria Correctional facility in Awka, provided water borehole at orphanage homes, flying boats at Ogbaru, reading tables to schools and other administrative supports".

Mr. Maduagwu expressed the Bank's willingness to continue to provide support for Government programs and policies.

Thanking his visitors, Governor Soludo encouraged them to continue the good works that will benefit ndị Anambra. He further assured them of continued cordial relations between the Government of Anambra State and the Central Bank of Nigeria Awka Branch, calling for more technical and funding assistance in key areas that will improve the living conditions of the people. Particularly, he charged them to support the Government's program and policy on "regenerative agriculture".

The visitors presented a book and a memorabillia to Mr Governor, thanking him for his good effort at keeping the State safe and expressing willingness to work closely with him in tackling key developmental problems in and around the State.

The meeting had in attendance, the Principal Secretary to the Governor, Mr. JPC Aneto, Mr Izu Okafor, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Finance, Mr. Chinedu Nwoye, the State Chief of Protocol and Mr. Christian Aburime, the Press Secretary to the Governor of Anambra State

#AnambraStateNewMedia

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
This British born lady is married to a Igbo man and her spoken Igbo is so good, she almost sounds like your Mum or Auntie! smiley

Courtesy latestNgNews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCETlLXQrwiCDtVaEZZXzj8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLXJttL0QOk

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2022
Another good day to call the attention of the government to the bad condition and negligence Nnewi has been in for decades.

This documentary is gives a good insight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HniUjov6peM

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by satandeterrible: 9:39am On Jul 20, 2022
Mega2biz:
Another good day to call the attention of the government to the bad condition and negligence Nnewi has been in for decades.

This documentary is gives a good insight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HniUjov6peM
The government needs to start giving serious attention to Nnewi.

Its so sad that the town has failed to realise its potentials.

Nnewi is a major economic hub of Anambra State. But sadly, instead of the town to metamorphose into a city in its own right, it is retrogressing into a giant slum.

Nnewi, Onitsha and Awka are the major hubs of Anambra State and the government should do more to ensure that these towns grow into cities.
Nnewi's case is just so pathetic.
80% of roads in Nnewi are bad. There are illegal structures everywhere, leading to even more narrow roads.
There are huge heaps of dirt along major roads. Nkwo Nnewi is also an eyesore.

You can't even comfortably drive a car from point A to point B if it is more than 10 kilometers, because you are bound to get into bad roads

The street lights along the roads are not even functioning.

In fact, it is a necessity to own a motor bike in Nnewi as that is the only effective way to get around.

Just pathetic!

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:56am On Jul 20, 2022
globemoney01:

Spot on

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gbosah91(m): 9:56am On Jul 20, 2022
I can't find where to apply for the job on their website.
Chikeluba25:
This opportunity is from the table of the special adviser to the governor on Youth empowerment. For Ndi-Anambra only.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:57am On Jul 20, 2022
PROUDIGBO:
This British born lady is married to a Igbo man and her spoken Igbo is so good, she almost sounds like your Mum or Auntie! smiley

Courtesy latestNgNews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCETlLXQrwiCDtVaEZZXzj8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLXJttL0QOk

Impressive

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 9:59am On Jul 20, 2022
investnow2013:
NEW AWKA CINEMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCeD-BATgIw

Anambra now has about 3 or 4 cinema houses. About 3 in Awka and 1 at Onitsha mall.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:00am On Jul 20, 2022
investnow2013:
Staff of the CBN Branch Awka Pays Courtesy Visit on Governor Soludo.

-- Assures him of Greater Cooperation.

A delegation of the members of staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Branch Awka, led by its Branch Controller, Mr. B. I. C. Maduagwu, paid a scheduled visit to Mr Governor, Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo, today the 19th of July, 2022 at the Governor's lodge, Amawbia.

Speaking on behalf of the delegation, Mr. Maduagwu congratulated Governor Soludo on his resounding victory at the November 6, 2021 polls. According to him, "the victory at the poll which was overwhelming, is a true reflection of the wishes and aspiration of ndi Anambra. It is Historic, and ndị Anambra have confidence in you and they have expressed it accordingly".

The Branch Controller recounted the tortuous history of building the CBN Branch in Awka, and the significant role played by Governor Soludo, the then CBN Governor, in ensuring the establishment of a CBN branch in Anambra State which was hitherto not in existence.

He stated that the CBN Awka branch has enjoyed maximum hospitality from the people of Anambra since its establishment in the State. In his words, "permit me to inform you that the Government and good people of Anambra State have been wonderful and good hosts to all staff of the Central Bank (retired and serving) since the Bank's establishment in 2008. It is in this regard the Branch continues from time to time undertaken notable corporate social responsibility in the State, including the renovation of the Nigeria Correctional facility in Awka, provided water borehole at orphanage homes, flying boats at Ogbaru, reading tables to schools and other administrative supports".

Mr. Maduagwu expressed the Bank's willingness to continue to provide support for Government programs and policies.

Thanking his visitors, Governor Soludo encouraged them to continue the good works that will benefit ndị Anambra. He further assured them of continued cordial relations between the Government of Anambra State and the Central Bank of Nigeria Awka Branch, calling for more technical and funding assistance in key areas that will improve the living conditions of the people. Particularly, he charged them to support the Government's program and policy on "regenerative agriculture".

The visitors presented a book and a memorabillia to Mr Governor, thanking him for his good effort at keeping the State safe and expressing willingness to work closely with him in tackling key developmental problems in and around the State.

The meeting had in attendance, the Principal Secretary to the Governor, Mr. JPC Aneto, Mr Izu Okafor, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Finance, Mr. Chinedu Nwoye, the State Chief of Protocol and Mr. Christian Aburime, the Press Secretary to the Governor of Anambra State

#AnambraStateNewMedia

They have gone to meet their former overall boss. Good for development

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2022
Now for national politics not forgetting home

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2022
I am so pleased to get to know the concessionaire is an Igboman!! He should hit the ground running…. Our port should be alive again!! Yorubas have insulted us long enough. Also he should plan more for the onitsha port in terms of rail, roads, and bonded terminals spaces …

I am also happy with soludo’s demolishing exercise now there Should be sanity in building as we have the habit of mostly at the tip of gutters and roads

We should allow soludo to work!! If the 100million loan is not put to good use then we can hold him accountable as simple as that.

Also soludo should finish where Obiano stopped on our oil and gas fight and set up the aviation fuel dump at Anambra international airport.

Roads should be dualized to represent a real city as well as street lights too…
Also the improved taxing system is super if it goes well more funds will be in Government coffers to work properly…

Lastly can we stop comparisons Obiano did a good job honestly the one I admire the most is the oil and gas fight… no one believed we will have an airport that soon and quickly against all odds…Soludo is just three months why should we argue and compare? Please let’s support soludo happily and hope for the best…

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Pacesetterz: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
Native doctors are doing registration and data capturing? grin Soludo my Manchi/its good. It will help in fishing out those unknown gunmen doctors who give fortification to these criminals.

By the time Soludo finish dealing with Anambra chaosness, sanity will return. Anambra pple are too hot headed

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
Governor Soludo Offers Explanation on Proposed N100 Billion Loan, to House of Assembly

Anambra State Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo yesterday, through his commissioners, offered explanations on the government’s proposal to the House of Assembly, for approval to borrow the sum of N100 billion. Questions surrounding this loan have been a major issue of debate in Anambra civic spaces. In a meeting with the House Committee on Public Accounts, Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning, Chiamaka Nnake, and Commissioner for Finance, Ifeatu Onejeme, explained that certain realities and considerations informed the government’s decision to borrow N100 billion which will be injected into the state’s need for infrastructure.

Making reference to Prof. Soludo’s manifesto, Onejeme averred that in fact, given the infrastructure demand in Anambra State, the state actually is in need of between N200 and N250 billion per annum, to be able to meet up with the infrastructure gap in the state.

During the meeting, the Chairman of the House Committee on Public Accounts, Hon. Somto Udeze inquired to know how much of the N100 billion will be spent for 2022. In his response, Commissioner for Finance, Ifeatu Onejeme said that it is based on the approved budget. “It is based on the appropriation law, which deficit is N42 billion.”

On his part, Hon. Nonso Okafor inquired to know if the N42 billion deficit in the budget is included in the N100 billion, considering that the Commissioner for Budget, Chiamaka Nnake had said that the government needs more money. Again, Onejeme answered in the affirmative, buttressing that based on the needs of the state, there is a need for more money but for this year, the maximum amount that will be extracted from the loan when approved and secured, will be N42 billion, based on the appropriation law.

Over the years, budget performance in Anambra State has usually been less than 50%. The reason, Onejeme explained, is that the state has limited funds. “The reason budget performance is low in the previous administration is that the funds available to the state is limited”, Onejeme said.

On contending issues regarding the loan such as the duration of repayment, the commissioner said it’s between 7 and 10 years. He further explained that if the state takes N120 billion, then, repayment will be a monthly deduction of N1.571 billion. Hon. Nnamdi Okafor then insisted to know the repayment deduction for the N42 billion that is meant for this year which Onejeme calculated and said it is N532 million.

The governor had proposed to borrow from either the CBN or commercial banks, designated options A and B in his letter to the House, earlier. Ifeatu Onejeme then explained that if the state is able to get the CBN loan, it is much better because the interest from now till February of 2023 will be 5% and thereafter 9%. This contrasts sharply with the B option in which the interest rate might be up to 17% or 18%, the commissioner observed.

Addressing concerns over borrowing more than the state needs for the year and then running the risk of paying interest for money kept for future unknown use, Onejeme clarified that any interest on the loan facility is based on a drawdown. According to him, “the interest on the loan is at the point of disbursement”. That is to say that when the loan is secured and placed on a loan account, it is free of interest until it is taken by the state from the loan account for use. And the interest is also charged on the amount taken and used, not on the whole amount secured. This he said is obtainable in both options.

Shading more light on the IGR status of the state, Onejeme said that if the IGR performs better, then, the state might not need up to N42 billion for the 2022 fiscal year. “We have other funding sources and might not need up to N42 billion if our IGR picks up”, he said. Hon. Uzoma Eli then inquired to know about other specific projects attached to the loan. Hon. Noble Igwe, and Hon. Somto Udeze, then asked that the road projects be specifically identified. To this, Ifeatu Onejeme informed the members that Governor Soludo has directed the Commissioner for Works to identify all the roads that are up for construction and attach their cost implications, among others.

The Committee also inquired to know Anambra’s current debt status which the Commissioner said is around N109 billion and will be N209 billion if the 100 billion loan is taken. The commissioner also informed the committee that the Amanse­ to Ufuma road has been re-awarded and approved in the last exco meeting and that the road is designed to last for 30 years, in line with the governor’s commitment to construct roads that have a lifespan of not less than 20 or 30 years.

Somewhat satisfied with the explanations given by the commissioners, the House seeing that option A is more beneficial, asked what it might take for the state to secure the loan based on option A, insisting that they are clarified on option A, but not so with the option B. To this, the commissioner said that option B is necessary should A fail, Hon. Pete Ibida agreed with the commissioner on this.

The committee rounded up its hours-long interface with the two commissioners and finally demanded that they provide specific projects the loan is meant to finance, project objectives and justification, cost of each project, impact on Ndi Anambra, and expected duration for project completion, and anticipated problem.

With this development, many of the questions and concerns regarding the governor’s proposed N100 loan have been significantly addressed. Once the government provides further details on proposed road projects and other infrastructure, then, all genuine concerns about the loan would have been duly addressed.

Pilot News

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
Massive greenhouse farm in Oraifite, Anambra state.
We need more of this in Igboland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CECBQ6VxXH4

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:30pm On Jul 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2022

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (1329) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.