Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,576 members, 7,861,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2116022 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1325) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
NIWA concessions Onitsha River Port to 2 firms

The Acting Managing Director, National Inland Waterways Authority, NIWA, Danladi Ibrahim, on Monday disclosed that the Onitsha river port in Anambra State has been concessioned to two companies and that the port may commence operations before the end of 2018.

Ibrahim said among the four existing river ports, two would be commissioned by the President before the end of the year.
Though the MD declined to disclose the names of the concessionaire for the river port project because the award letters are yet to be issued to the operators of the facility, the NIWA boss noted that the concession agreement will last for a period of 25 years.

According to him, “The concession has been completed, we open the financial bid on the 3rd of July and we have picked the most competitive concessionaires and any moment from now they will take over.

The NIWA boss said that skeletal operations is ongoing at the facility hence the concessionaires will take over the facility to commence full blown operations soon

Speaking on Baro port, Ibrahim assured that the road linking Abuja will be taken care of by relevant agencies, adding that the facility has been completed by 75% as the cargo handling equipment designated for the project are being installed by a German firm.

Ibrahim explained further that the dredging and concession of the two ports were awarded at the same period noting that vessel cannot load consignment when dredging is ongoing.

He added that “Government maximize the use of the resources of 12 major rivers in the country.

The lower River Niger was not left out, as capital dredging from Warri to Baro, covering a distance of 572km, has been concluded.

“It is apt to mention that NIWA ‘s achievement under Ameachi ‘s watch have become so enormous, mindful that it was within the present administration that the Baro river port reached 95% completion level, as government aims to provide cargo handling equipment and turn the basin into a river port.

“Already, work is on going to enable barges discharge their goods effectively is going on at Baro port. Also the cargo handling equipment for the Baro River Port are on going.

“It is our hope to see the full concession of the Onitsha River Port before the end of the year, completion of the Lokoja river port and supply of cargo handling equipment at Baro river port.

“We believe this will complement activities at the Lokoja river port and create multiple benefits with attendant multiplier effects on the economy, particularly in promoting multi modal transport and cheaper coastal service across 28 states of the federation.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/niwa-concessions-onitsha-river-port-to-2-firms/amp/

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Who is this ffooll, again , I ask. Can you please disappear from this thread??

Hahahahahahaha. Guy abeg no kill me with laugh.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by uglyafonja: 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Who allocated these towns as Nnewi Metropolis ? Mind you Nnokwa,Awka Etiti and Nnobi are all in Idemmili. I can understand the rest of the towns you listed but try not to mixe everything up.

People who reside in nnobi, awka etiti claim to stay at Nnewi... you can hardly differentiate between Nnewi and Nnobi
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by uglyafonja: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
omadeltason:
LIKE OUR PAGE WE ARE PROMOTER OF IGBO LAND .

For your information......

IHIALA has a computer village....built and functional...don't try to argue, just visit and confirm...

IHIALA computer village was opened for business last month....fully occupied
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ejanla077: 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Who allocated these towns as Nnewi Metropolis ? Mind you Nnokwa,Awka Etiti and Nnobi are all in Idemmili. I can understand the rest of the towns you listed but try not to mixe everything up.

Nkpor oba is in idenmili. But still onitsha metropolitan
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ejanla077: 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
omadeltason:
bro Awka is not by far bigger than Nnewi .Nnewi has twice population of Awka I have been in both two cities .

Awka is more populated than Nnewi
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by uglyafonja: 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2018
ejanla077:

Nnewi has more population than awka.....stop arguing, just visit
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ejanla077: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
uglyafonja:

Wen I'm in Nnewi now
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by uglyafonja: 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
ejanla077:

Wen I'm in Nnewi now

You can not estimate the population of a place on Sunday, wait till tomorrow, which is a working day
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
The need to expand the DMGS ROUNDABOUT ONITSHA cannot be overemphasied!. The walls of the cathedral and the walls of The Dmgs school needs to be moved back!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ariesbull: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
uglyafonja:

No awka is more
Anambra is my state
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
ariesbull:

No awka is more
Anambra is my state

From Wikipedia
Nnewi has a population ( not metropolitan population ) of 391,227 and a metropolitan landmass of 2,789sqkm

Awka has a population of 301.657 and a landmass ( not metropolitan landmass ) of 120sqkm

Onitsha has a population of 261,604 with a metropolitan population of 7,425,000 and a landmass of 52sqkm with a metropolitan landmass of 1,965sqkm.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bestviewer: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
You are always talking as though you know Anambra more than Anambra people. Take your rubbish and face your Imo state.

[s]
nnamdijonathan:

From Wikipedia
Nnewi has a population ( not metropolitan population ) of 391,227 and a metropolitan landmass of 2,789sqkm

Awka has a population of 301.657 and a landmass ( not metropolitan landmass ) of 120sqkm

Onitsha has a population of 261,604 with a metropolitan population of 7,425,000 and a landmass of 52sqkm with a metropolitan landmass of 1,965sqkm.
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ariesbull: 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

From Wikipedia

Forget Wikipedia...I am telling you what is on ground...only the schools in awka adds to pioukaton seff

I am anambra man ..bros take this from me
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
ariesbull:

Forget Wikipedia...I am telling you what is on ground...only the schools in awka adds to pioukaton seff

I am anambra man ..bros take this from me

Wikipedia's info is based on 2006 census and projected estimate. I still don't believe you because you did not count the population of people yourself, you are just guessing due to reasons best known to you.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
uglyafonja:

For your information......

IHIALA has a computer village....built and functional...don't try to argue, just visit and confirm...

IHIALA computer village was opened for business last month....fully occupied
liar where is the pictures can u approved it .very soon my page will be the most popular Igbo page on Facebook I will change oluka bm to MAGIC AFRICAN IGBO.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
ejanla077:

hahahahaha chimuoooo bro have u been to Nnewi na Nnewi ebe nna azu afia hahahaha innoson and other companies have made thousands of people troupe Nnewi daily.where u can see the population of people is where economic value dey no business guy like to go Awka .
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2018
uglyafonja:

You can not estimate the population of a place on Sunday, wait till tomorrow, which is a working day
thank u my brother don't mind that afonja yoloba man Nnewi is more popular than Awka even Lagos the big city in Nigeria always calm every Sunday
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 9:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
ejanla077:

Wen I'm in Nnewi now
shut up afonja man Nnewi is more popular than Awka .
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 9:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
investnow2013:
The need to expand the DMGS ROUNDABOUT ONITSHA cannot be overemphasied!. The walls of the cathedral and the walls of The Dmgs school needs to be moved back!
Onitsha is second to Lagos.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 9:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
Just this evening at Neni.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
ONITSHA IS MORE POPULAR THAN NNEWI AND NNEWI IS MORE POPULAR THAN OWERRI AND AWKA INNOSON COMPANY AND OTHER COMPANIES IN NNEWI HAVE MADE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TROUPE IN THE CITY LIKE PIGS AM SEEING PLENTY OF AFONJAS YOLOBAS AND AWUSA IN NNEWI MORE THAN AS AM SEEING THEM IN AWKA OR ENUGU BECAUSE NNEWI HAS MORE COMPANIES THAN AWKA OWERRI AND ENUGU .

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
Just this evening at Neni.
wow is that place looondoon .
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
I don't even believe this man ifeanyi uba this man will return to PDP if he finally win through APGA support okolocha the governor of IMO state did it .

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
omadeltason:
ONITSHA IS MORE POPULAR THAN NNEWI AND NNEWI IS MORE POPULAR THAN OWERRI AND AWKA INNOSON COMPANY AND OTHER COMPANIES IN NNEWI HAVE MADE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TROUPE IN THE CITY LIKE PIGS AM SEEING PLENTY OF AFONJAS YOLOBAS AND AWUSA IN NNEWI MORE THAN AS AM SEEING THEM IN AWKA OR ENUGU BECAUSE NNEWI HAS MORE COMPANIES THAN AWKA OWERRI AND ENUGU .

Hahahahahahahaha. "Yoloba Afonjas" move to Nnewi because Nnewi has more companies than Awka, Enugu and Owerri? wetin concern Yoruba people with this discussion now becauss, I really don't understand this OmaDeltaSon guy? Please let us discuss without calling other tribes just to insult them.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
omadeltason:
wow is that place looondoon .

No Paris. Where did this guy come from self? This guy is just annoying me.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AnambraDota: 7:57am On Jul 30, 2018
Awka is more populated and bigger than Nnewi . Dearth of infrastructure in Nnewi wouldn't allow it to expand unlike Awka that enjoys federal highway running through the town.
there is no meaningful government presence in Nnewi both federal and state in the area of infrastructure development.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 10:13am On Jul 30, 2018
Anambra State has won the best in Immunization Award for outstanding performance in Health in Nigeria under the World Bank “Saving one Million Lives” initiative aimed at expanding primary healthcare to women and children. tongue

The Health Excellence Award based on the World Bank assessment of the 2016/2017 yardstick for measuring health sector performance in Nigeria was presented by the Vice President of Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo to the Governor of Anambra State Chief Willie Obiano at the 3rd Thisday Health Dialogue held at Yaradua Centre Abuja at the weekend.

Vice President Osinbajo commended Anambra for the award pointing out that the Health Excellence Award was in line with the Federal Government policy which promotes universal health coverage to stem maternal and child mortality by expanding Immunization coverage to under-five-year olds in far flung rural communities across the country.

Speaking later on the award, Governor Obiano represented by his Deputy Dr. Nkem Okeke said that the award was yet another proof that the state was doing something right in the health sector.

He promised to sustain the on-going silent healthcare revolution by expanding the scope of the immunization coverage and healthcare delivery to ndi Anambra through the state’s new Health Insurance Scheme.

Factsheet, the World Bank Saving One Million Lives stated that the initiative was focused on evidence-based, cost effective interventions that were proven to address the leading causes of morbidity and mortality.

“Improving maternal, newborn and child health through delivering an integrated package of interventions at thousands of primary healthcare clinics with referral links, including skilled access to a skilled healthcare provider,” it said.

The World Bank Saving One Million Lives initiative was launched in 2015 at a meeting of the UN Commission on Essential and Life-Saving Commodities for Women and Children in Abuja.

Other dignitaries at the award event include Hon. Minister of Health, Prof Isaac Adewole, Anambra Commissioner of Health, Dr. Joe Akabike, World Bank representatives and officials of Thisday newspaper.

http://pmexpressng.com/anambra-wins-world-bank-award-immunization/

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ejanla077: 11:24am On Jul 30, 2018
omadeltason:
yoruba Muslim

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
Anambra is growing at astronomic speed.

Nigeria's 36 States ranked in terms of progress, from best to worst, 2018.

(Africa Report, July/August 2018)

https://twitter.com/OnlyAfricaFacts/status/1023647203825475584?s=19

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
More from the report

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AnambraDota: 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2018
how do they arrived to all these statistics, look at the piggery called Osun State without any commercial or industrial value ranking higher than states with large production sector.

please can someone tell me the sector Osun state dominates , most households still cook with firewood, charcoal. No airport, no major transportation firm has terminal in the state yet she keep making top ranks.

How many banks are there in Osun State?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1325) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.