Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2091872 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (1321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2018
bestviewer:
These are the indices of development enumerated in the report, let us check states in the SE that have done the right thing that necessited their growth. Let us stop bothering about what the stats says about West and North.

These are what the stats harped on:

- IGR

- Assess to internet

- Assess to electricity

- Ease of doing business

Let us look at those states that are lagging behind in the SE and call out their leaders.

In terms of IGR, only Enugu is trying based on 2017 IGR figures while Imo and Ebonyi are pulling Igboland backwards
As for access to Internet, I have nothing to say about this one
Access to electricity, Anambra should have the best transmission network because of its small landmass and rapid urbanization of villages
As for ease of doing business, the tax policies in Enugu and Abia are very discouraging most especially in Abia.
As for the poverty index, Ebonyi is outrightly disappointing.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bestviewer: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2018
Yes I am satisfied because our government here in Anambra has been doing the right thing. A state that grew it's IGR from 500m to about 2billion, that is a growth we can see. A state that grew it's investment portfolio to the enviable height to what we can all see. A government that has grew it's GDP to rank 17th in Africa is what we can all see in physical and fiscal cash flow amounting to massive bank branches across the state. Let everyone put pressure on their own governor. For the ones that have opportunity to elect their next governor should discard sentiment and vote the right person and not maintaining a familiocracy while you still come back here next year to complain.

nnamdijonathan:

So you are satisfied with the statistics just because Anambra topped other Igbo states? I don't even know what to say to u now.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by bestviewer: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2018
That is the problem, always talking about others but no one will ever see you talk about your Imo state. From the figures release is Enugu state doing better than Anambra in IGR? Check again to cure your ignorance. Where is Imo state in all the rubbish you spewed? This is the same reason your state remains backward in all indices of development because you guys have refused to speak and expose the mess in your state just because you feel people will laugh at you.

Now to you it is landmass that determines internet circulation and electricity. There is a link between poverty why some states do not have enough access to internet and electricity. Stop talking about others and start harping into the ears of your leaders in Imo state. The more you keep talking about other states the more you get confused about what you want in your state. Focus on the issues bothering your state because we all know it but you kept holding them under wraps. Speak up for your state.

nnamdijonathan:

In terms of IGR, only Enugu is trying based on 2017 IGR figures while Imo and Ebonyi are pulling Igboland backwards
Access to electricity, Anambra should have the best transmission network because of its small landmass and rapid urbanization of villages
As for ease of doing business, the tax policies in Enugu and Abia are very discouraging most especially in Abia.

Look at the current IGR column again.

1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Malawian(m): 10:13am On Jul 31, 2018
Obiano should go and repair the damage he did to Ibenabo Road in Oraukwu after embarking on an unsolicited and substandard road work in my villa. Erosion has taken over a once serene and fully tarred road.

I dont want any rubbish this Xmas o. I am coming home to expose Yyeske grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AnambraDota: 11:56am On Jul 31, 2018
Malawian:
Obiano should go and repair the damage he did to Ibenabo Road in Oraukwu after embarking on an unsolicited and substandard road work in my villa. Erosion has taken over a once serene and fully tarred road.

I dont want any rubbish this Xmas o. I am coming home to expose Yyeske grin grin

Obaino is a fraud, Anambra development is exaggerated on the side of government but individually and private sector it's on the high side.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AnambraDota: 11:57am On Jul 31, 2018
chino your number isn't going through, I have called you 3 times this morning but not successful.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nduprincekc(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
ma broda i tire d tin touch me wela. To go st albert nw dy fear me wela
Malawian:

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nduprincekc(m): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
this z too much
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nduprincekc(m): 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
i wil post d pic in d evening.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 01, 2018
To focus on development you have to adopt a framework of Action points like the UN SDG (Sustainable Development Goals):

Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere

Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture

Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages

Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all

Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls

Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all

Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all

Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all

Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation

Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among

Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable

Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns

Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts

Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development

Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss

Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels

Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revi-talize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Yyeske(m): 7:51am On Aug 01, 2018
Malawian:

Lol
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by lillan042(f): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2018
ibenabor village is now a mess angry angry angry angry
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
8,000 YOUTHS TRAINED FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP, CREATIVE ECONOMY IN ANAMBRA

Awka (Awka South LGA), July 30, 2018 (MOI) Gov. Willie Obiano said no fewer than 8,000 youths of Anambra State have been trained in various fields of entrepreneurship since 2016 and 2017.

Gov. Obiano said this during the graduation of pioneering students of the Anambra Broadcasting Service Film Academy (ABSFA), at ABS, Awka.

``We are trying to build the youths in many ways. In 2016, 2017, we trained well no fewer than 8,000 youths in various fields.

``At the Information Centre, Nnewi, we trained 1,000 of them. At the Innoson Motors, we have students that are still working on their practical there.

``My former commissioner for youths trained not less than 2,000 of them at the Federal Facility, Mgbakwu. The difference is that, people that will be trained, will be given 'seed money' to start what they learnt,’’ Obiano said.

According to him, prefects will be appointed to supervise the graduates so as to ensure that the money given them, are used for the purpose it is provided.

``I will build an infrastructure in ABS for the ABSFA, and I appreciate the MD of ABS, Nze Uche Nworah for initiating the Film Academy.

``When your scripts are adjudged to be the very best, we will help you to produce it. Anambra State has set aside N50 million to assist your film production," he said.

Obiano announced that government would secure land to be used as 'movie village' in Anambra State, and that he will make ABS the 'best of the best'.

He enjoined the graduates to go out and conquer.

The governor noted that, Anambra people were doing well in everything and at everywhere in the world.

He urged the youths to shun cultism and avail themselves of these opportunities.

The governor hailed the progress of work at the International Conference Centre, which he said would be the first of its kind in Africa.

Owerre Ezukala Cave and others, Obiano said would be improved upon by the Ministry of Local Artwork, Culture and Tourism.

A three minute film produced by the students of the academy which won the 7th position out of the 677 contestants was shown at the ceremony. (MOI)
HNA/TON

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
WORLD PITCH COMPETITION: ANAMBRA TO REPRESENT NIGERIA, AFRICA IN US

Awka, July 31, 2018 (MOI) Gov. Willie Obiano has confirmed the six students of Regina Pacis Secondary School, Onitsha for a U.S., trip to represent Nigeria and Africa at the World Pitch Competition in San Francisco.

Obiano said this when he received the students at EXCO Chambers, Government House, Awka.

The students who were trained in Robotics and Coding technology in solving science technology, engineering and mathematics problems placed first in Nigeria for designing Fake Drug Fighting application.

The competition, which was held in Abuja sometime in May, was organised by a U.S.-based NGO, Technovation.

The six students, who are in Senior Secondary School 2 are Adaeze Onuigbo, Miracle Igboka, Nwabuaku Osai, Promise Nnalue, Jessica Osita and Vivian Okoye.

The students, who were finalists in the 2018 Technovation, would travel to Silicon Valley, U.S., for the World Pitch Competition, including a week of networking, field trips and workshops.

The competition will provide them opportunity to win between $5,000 and $15,000 in scholarships to pursue further studies in Science Technology, Engineering Education (STEM) field.

``It will also sharpen their skills and improve their knowledge of applications.’’

Mrs Uchenna Onwuamaegbu-Ugwu, trainer and founder of Edufun Technik STEM Centre, said Robotic and Coding Technology simplifies the learning of sciences for secondary school children.

Onwuamaegbu-Ugwu is the 2017 Mandela Washington Fellow and 2018 Barrack Obama African Leadership Fellow.

She said that in January 2018, her agency in partnership with Technovation volunteered to teach some group of young girls the skills they needed to emerge as technology entrepreneurs and leaders.

``We do this by inviting girls to identify a problem in their community, and then challenge them to solve it.

``With our support and guidance, the girls worked in teams to build mobile app and business plan to lunch the app with the guide of Technovation curriculum.

``We formed two teams of 10 girls who worked and worked toward building two mobile Apps.’’

She adds: ``the first team is known as Team Feed the Nation (Senior), and they produced iFOOD application, which helps the farmers to maximize their profit and ensure the safety consumption by consumers.

``It also provides a platform for the farmers to deal directly with the consumers. This will help to curb the problem of hunger in our society as farmers will be able to make more profit through this application.

``The second team, known as Team Save a Soul (Junior) produced FD-Detector (Fake Drug Detector), which helps to identify fake pharmaceutical drugs in Nigeria.

``The Application leverages a drug's barcode to verify its authenticity and expiration date.

``After we submitted our Mobile Apps online to compete with the rest of the world, our two Mobile Apps were shortlisted for regional pitch in Abuja to compete with 36 other Teams/Mobile Apps,’’ she said.

Mrs Onwuamaegbu-Ugwu, who noted that the girls were the only ones coming from the Eastern region, said that at the end of the regional competition in Abuja, the senior category took the 1st position while the junior category also placed 1st too.

This qualified the Anambra Teams for semi-final, enabling them to compete with not less than 115 countries and about 1,500 mobile Apps.

``The chances of emerging as finalist seems very odd because other countries seem to be more advanced in technology than these girls who for the first time are using the internet and opening an email account for the first time in their lives.

``The determination in them and the passion to solve problems of fake drugs, kept their hopes alive; they knew it was a life time opportunity,’’ Onwuamaegbu-Ugwu said.

For the girls, this is an opportunity to make Nigeria, their school and state proud as well as be opportune to visit the biggest technology industries in the world like Google, Facebook and IBM.

They will also network with other students to learn more about what careers would be available in STEM for them.

Two of the girls, Igboka Miracle and Promise Nnalue said the training exposed them to many opportunities to be connected to the world.

They commended Gov. Obiano for embracing measures that would enhance proper learning and improving their productivity.

Receiving them, Gov. Obiano who was elated at their performance announced a cash donation of N1 million to the teacher and N500, 000 each to the students.

He also directed that robotics and coding teaching technology be replicated in other schools in the state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
bestviewer:
At the end of the day investors both foreign and local will work with this report on where to invest. And you wonder why investors maintained just particular area whenever they are coming to any region. The stats reflects exactly the economic prosperity in Anambra and that is my major concern. Everyone should focus on his/her state and push his/her governor to borrow a leaf on what another state has done and succeeded.
GOOD BRO ,I THINK DEY CAN SEE THAT ANAMBRA IS GETTING HIGHER NOW KUDO OGA OBIANO .
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

bro thank you
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
APGA GA ACHI ANYI OZO NDI ANAMBRA NWERRE NMADU DI KA OBIANO ...CARRY GO OBIANOOOO.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by omadeltason: 2:07pm On Aug 01, 2018
pls APGA should even try to accept ohakim he wants to play politics remember okolocha titmice .
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2018
Anambra State seals deal with an Austrian firm for Waste management, Conversion.

A delegation from an Austrian Firm, Energie Versogung Margarethen, Vienna, Austria today arrived Anambra State to seal a deal with the State for waste management and conversion.
Governor Willie Obiano received the delegation at the governor's, Amawbia.
Under the project, the firm otherwise known as Sustenable Environmental Technology Limited, Austria will bring 100 percent of the investment funds while Anambra State will provide the refuse and the dump site.
The project which is an outcome of Governor Obiano's recent business trip to Austria, will see the conversion of waste to bio-fuel, electricity, fertilizer among other things.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
AmericanQuarter:
WORLD PITCH COMPETITION: ANAMBRA TO REPRESENT NIGERIA, AFRICA IN US

Awka, July 31, 2018 (MOI) Gov. Willie Obiano has confirmed the six students of Regina Pacis Secondary School, Onitsha for a U.S., trip to represent Nigeria and Africa at the World Pitch Competition in San Francisco.

Obiano said this when he received the students at EXCO Chambers, Government House, Awka.

The students who were trained in Robotics and Coding technology in solving science technology, engineering and mathematics problems placed first in Nigeria for designing Fake Drug Fighting application.

The competition, which was held in Abuja sometime in May, was organised by a U.S.-based NGO, Technovation.

The six students, who are in Senior Secondary School 2 are Adaeze Onuigbo, Miracle Igboka, Nwabuaku Osai, Promise Nnalue, Jessica Osita and Vivian Okoye.

The students, who were finalists in the 2018 Technovation, would travel to Silicon Valley, U.S., for the World Pitch Competition, including a week of networking, field trips and workshops.

The competition will provide them opportunity to win between $5,000 and $15,000 in scholarships to pursue further studies in Science Technology, Engineering Education (STEM) field.

``It will also sharpen their skills and improve their knowledge of applications.’’

Mrs Uchenna Onwuamaegbu-Ugwu, trainer and founder of Edufun Technik STEM Centre, said Robotic and Coding Technology simplifies the learning of sciences for secondary school children.

Onwuamaegbu-Ugwu is the 2017 Mandela Washington Fellow and 2018 Barrack Obama African Leadership Fellow.

She said that in January 2018, her agency in partnership with Technovation volunteered to teach some group of young girls the skills they needed to emerge as technology entrepreneurs and leaders.

``We do this by inviting girls to identify a problem in their community, and then challenge them to solve it.

``With our support and guidance, the girls worked in teams to build mobile app and business plan to lunch the app with the guide of Technovation curriculum.

``We formed two teams of 10 girls who worked and worked toward building two mobile Apps.’’

She adds: ``the first team is known as Team Feed the Nation (Senior), and they produced iFOOD application, which helps the farmers to maximize their profit and ensure the safety consumption by consumers.

``It also provides a platform for the farmers to deal directly with the consumers. This will help to curb the problem of hunger in our society as farmers will be able to make more profit through this application.

``The second team, known as Team Save a Soul (Junior) produced FD-Detector (Fake Drug Detector), which helps to identify fake pharmaceutical drugs in Nigeria.

``The Application leverages a drug's barcode to verify its authenticity and expiration date.

``After we submitted our Mobile Apps online to compete with the rest of the world, our two Mobile Apps were shortlisted for regional pitch in Abuja to compete with 36 other Teams/Mobile Apps,’’ she said.

Mrs Onwuamaegbu-Ugwu, who noted that the girls were the only ones coming from the Eastern region, said that at the end of the regional competition in Abuja, the senior category took the 1st position while the junior category also placed 1st too.

This qualified the Anambra Teams for semi-final, enabling them to compete with not less than 115 countries and about 1,500 mobile Apps.

``The chances of emerging as finalist seems very odd because other countries seem to be more advanced in technology than these girls who for the first time are using the internet and opening an email account for the first time in their lives.

``The determination in them and the passion to solve problems of fake drugs, kept their hopes alive; they knew it was a life time opportunity,’’ Onwuamaegbu-Ugwu said.

For the girls, this is an opportunity to make Nigeria, their school and state proud as well as be opportune to visit the biggest technology industries in the world like Google, Facebook and IBM.

They will also network with other students to learn more about what careers would be available in STEM for them.

Two of the girls, Igboka Miracle and Promise Nnalue said the training exposed them to many opportunities to be connected to the world.

They commended Gov. Obiano for embracing measures that would enhance proper learning and improving their productivity.

Receiving them, Gov. Obiano who was elated at their performance announced a cash donation of N1 million to the teacher and N500, 000 each to the students.

He also directed that robotics and coding teaching technology be replicated in other schools in the state

Its now clear that Anambra is the future of Igboland and the only visionary state in Igboland. I used to think that programming and coding were only done in Lagos state but with this news, its clear that there is hope for us in Igboland and Anambra seems to be at the fore front of developing Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Qpwo: 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
Anambra people... Come and vote for ya sister oo... 500 million naira is what we talking about here... Vote Nkem' article on Beating malaria to enable her win this huge money from a pharmaceutical company. Thank you. https://m.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.miralpharm.com%2Fessay%2Fvote.php%3Fusr%3D825104517-nkem-obiakor
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
Can somebody post the pictures of the ongoing Anambra International Conference Center construction.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BrownRoofRep: 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
investnow2013:
The need to expand the DMGS ROUNDABOUT ONITSHA cannot be overemphasied!. The walls of the cathedral and the walls of The Dmgs school needs to be moved back!
Which roundabout is that?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Which roundabout is that?
DMGS ONITSHA

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
omadeltason:
APGA GA ACHI ANYI OZO NDI ANAMBRA NWERRE NMADU DI KA OBIANO ...CARRY GO OBIANOOOO.

You are not from Anambra and 99% write nwelu not nwere. GTFOH!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer6F: 7:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
OMANBALA1:

You are not from Anambra and 99% write nwelu not nwere. GTFOH!

Ibu ezigbote nwa anambra...

Omabala wat is the status of Obiano inetrnational cargo airport?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
nwokoyepraise:
Can somebody post the pictures of the ongoing Anambra International Conference Center construction.
@ June 2018

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2018
hammer6F:

Ibu ezigbote nwa anambra...

Omabala wat is the status of Obiano inetrnational cargo airport?

I don't think that airport will be done in 10 yrs! There are more pressing issues that takes priority over that fraudulent Chinese airport. You think Chinese people are gonna come and build an airport for you ? Obiano need to invest more in high quality roads.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer6F: 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I don't think that airport will be done in 10 yrs! There are more pressing issues that takes priority over that fraudulent Chinese airport. You think Chinese people are gonna come and build an airport for you ? Obiano need to invest more in high quality roads.

Nwanne, I appreciate your honesty, we need this type of honesty in Ala igbo politics.

So, Obiano used phantom airport to deceive us?

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OMANBALA1: 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
hammer6F:

Nwanne, I appreciate your honesty, we need this type of honesty in Ala igbo politics.

So, Obiano used phantom airport to deceive us?

I wouldn't say deceive but over ambitious. He has the will to do it but lets be honest Anambra do not have the financial strength to tackles all the infrastructural needs of the state. We need to increase taxes, that's the only way out. Our people don't want to pay taxes. There is no way a shop owner in main market should not pay up to 20,000 naira in revenue, monthly. These citizens are robbing the state.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ANSMEDIA: 8:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
The Chinese investors that started the project are not leaving until they are done. Watch out soon for the next update beyond the site clearing and excavation. Follow me for any update from the Anambra State Government. Thank you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKz1kxYXoDI

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer6F: 8:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
OMANBALA1:

I wouldn't say deceive but over ambitious. He has the will to do it but lets be honest Anambra do not have the financial strength to tackles all the infrastructural needs of the state. We need to increase taxes, that's the only way out. Our people don't want to pay taxes. There is no way a shop owner in main market should not pay up to 20,000 naira in revenue, monthly. These citizens are robbing the state.

We dont need to increase any taxes.

Wat is required is smart business moves by the state government.

We get in the right type of investors and then levy taxes, not placing burden on the already suffering masses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (1321) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.