Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,223 members, 7,853,176 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:10 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2107115 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (1323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 14, 2020
Cjrane2:
Why isn't Afam4eva arguing that since there is an International airport in Port Harcourt which is less than 2 hours away from Enugu on an expressway, there is absolutely no need for another international airport in Enugu. Instead use the money for building Enugu airport and repair the Enugu - PH expressway so that the journey might be shortened to even 1 hour drive. If you ask that, their argument will suddenly change direction! This is why Igbo pipul are the butt of jokes in Nigeria. They only think about their personal aggrandizement and not the overall good of the region.

I am an Ogwashi man, but i don't feel an airport in Anambra will in anyway threaten or cause the closure of Asaba airport. They have different routes to focus on and different functions to meet. If anything at all, it increases the accessibility of Asaba by air. The same way some of you argued that Asaba airport will cause the closure of Enugu and Owerri airports if allowed to operate. I am still waiting for the day they will say Owerri airport has been shut down because of Asaba airport!

Again, i ask, which state in the southeast deserves and desperately requires an airport to facilitate economic development of the region and Nigeria? Meanwhile, the same pipul losing sleep over Anambra have not extended the same silly argument to Ebonyi airport!

Silly pipul. grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Kt96NLhIs

Nice submission..

We operate independent state system in Nigeria but these states in east won't allow others rest before of one nonsense argument to another.

Imo airport will serve ndi Imo
Enugu airport will serve Enugu people and the rest..

Anyway don't mind those silly urchins, they are just been pained and selfish.

PH has airport
Akwaibom has
Calabar has
Bayelsa same
Edo same
Delta same.

But only here will you see foolish people complaining and not minding their states...

ndi ala

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IkpuMmadu: 7:21am On Dec 14, 2020
asha80:
this post is off point sha from the general discussion..inability to focus on point of discussion without bringing in irrelevant points

It is not off point�... We are looking at development in Anambra viz a viz the airport and its benefits and how it would be of great economic importance and also I took it further with cultural development with our cousins in Anioma whom saw the need for economic collaboration and integration

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2020
Afam4eva:

I'm all for Igbo economic integration and I'm not as myopic as some people. We need to use our comparative advantage to better the east.

Comparative advantage my foot. You are not for anything.

You are just a pained fellow. Wawa and inferior reasoning.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IkpuMmadu: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Nice submission..

We operate independent state system in Nigeria but these states in east won't allow others rest before of one nonsense argument to another.

Imo airport will serve ndi Imo
Enugu airport will serve Enugu people and the rest..

Anyway don't mind those silly urchins, they are just been pained and selfish.

PH has airport
Akwaibom has
Calabar has
Bayelsa same
Edo same
Delta same.

But only here will you see foolish people complaining and not minding their states...

ndi ala

Anambra state is the biggest economy in South East and also with lots of production with the highest disapora population the airport is even late

A state with a population of over 7 million and had major players in aviation sector like Airpeace and other airline charter business needs an airport

Airpeace has made it known that the airport would be used as their hub both nationally and international routes... Also maintenance

A state that has the highest players in transport and logistic in Nigeria ... Needs an airport to cement their place in the Ecosystem

14 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IkpuMmadu: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:

It's unfortunate
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 7:32am On Dec 14, 2020
Very much on point

Cjrane2:
Why isn't Afam4eva arguing that since there is an International airport in Port Harcourt which is less than 2 hours away from Enugu on an expressway, there is absolutely no need for another international airport in Enugu. Instead use the money for building Enugu airport and repair the Enugu - PH expressway so that the journey might be shortened to even 1 hour drive. If you ask that, their argument will suddenly change direction! This is why Igbo pipul are the butt of jokes in Nigeria. They only think about their personal aggrandizement and not the overall good of the region.

I am an Ogwashi man, but i don't feel an airport in Anambra will in anyway threaten or cause the closure of Asaba airport. They have different routes to focus on and different functions to meet. If anything at all, it increases the accessibility of Asaba by air. The same way some of you argued that Asaba airport will cause the closure of Enugu and Owerri airports if allowed to operate. I am still waiting for the day they will say Owerri airport has been shut down because of Asaba airport!

Again, i ask, which state in the southeast deserves and desperately requires an airport to facilitate economic development of the region and Nigeria? Meanwhile, the same pipul losing sleep over Anambra have not extended the same silly argument to Ebonyi airport!

Silly pipul. grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Kt96NLhIs
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SlayerForever: 8:05am On Dec 14, 2020
[s]
Juliusmalema:

[/s] What has Wawa got to do with anything. Do you know there are several Wawa communities in Anambra? You just talk anyhow.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 8:25am On Dec 14, 2020
I don't know the kind of weed that guy smoke, always off point

SlayerForever:
[s][/s] What has Wawa got to do with anything. Do you know there are several Wawa communities in Anambra? You just talk anyhow.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 14, 2020
SlayerForever:
[s][/s] What has Wawa got to do with anything. Do you know there are several Wawa communities in Anambra? You just talk anyhow.

I don't have time to argue what doesn't exist. Liberalism is a sign of mental disorder
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bkayyy: 9:18am On Dec 14, 2020
SlayerForever:
It's their job. They just claim one Igbo state and and attack another so that there will be misunderstanding between the states.
Just observe him. He does it everyday

11 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by naturalman: 9:23am On Dec 14, 2020
Any information on Roban store opening in Nnewi along nnobi road on 15/12/2020

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by naturalman: 9:28am On Dec 14, 2020
Any information or update on this

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SlayerForever: 10:24am On Dec 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:

I don't have time to argue what doesn't exist. Liberalism is a sign of mental disorder

Smh.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by stasius: 11:25am On Dec 14, 2020
All these people saying Anambra does not need airport, are you guys okay? Or you just have deep hatred for Anambra?

Well, I am very happy that the Anambra Airport is becoming a reality.
Nke anyị bụ nke anyị mana nke mụ bụ nke m.
That we have airports all around us doesn't negate the fact that we need an airport. It is not a crime to board a flight and land gidigba in your state.
Ndị be anyị ọ bụrụ arụ Anambra ga-eme ya. Nonsense.

Infact anyị emebego ya already.

Onye alaikiro ya jee kụọ isi na aja.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by stasius: 11:27am On Dec 14, 2020
naturalman:
Any information on Roban store opening in Nnewi along nnobi road on 15/12/2020

Opening tomorrow. Come and buy me meatpie. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TabletMan: 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2020
Obi1kenobi:

It's a standard all-purpose airport. The "cargo airport" does not make any sense. Air freight is extremely expensive compared to standard shipping and truck transportation. Nobody will be transporting agro produce, textiles, cosmetics, auto parts etc with FedEx or DHL. I can assure you the overwhelming majority of importers will wait for months to clear their goods at the ports before attempting air freight. It won't bring down any cost of imported goods.
This is utterly false and needs to be discarded.
Don't say what you don't know because you're trying to win online argument. Some of the imported goods you see are done by air cargoes.
Newly designs cloths shoes and handbags are run via air cargo to know how marketable it is before buying in large volume that will be run via water, sometimes some people will even run their goods through air cargo like five times before the one they sent through sea lands. Even some expensive motor parts are imported through air cargo. FedEx and DHL are not the only logistics companies in Nigeria, Business men make use of local shipping companies when they want to import from any Asian country.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
When the airport starts full operations, starting a airfreight coy with its base in Awka will be a huge money-spinner! More so when you consider it will be operating from the significant commercial/industrial corridor of Onitsha-Nnewi-Aba! I would expect Air Peace to launch a cargo arm to his highly successful airline business!

All this is dependent on the toxic Nigerian business/gov’t environment allowing Umueri airport to function at full capacity, and not stealthily trying to place stumbling blocks in its way! I know what i’m talking about....this is Nigeria!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bkayyy: 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
stasius:
All these people saying Anambra does not need airport, are you guys okay? Or you just have deep hatred for Anambra?

Well, I am very happy that the Anambra Airport is becoming a reality.
Nke anyị bụ nke anyị mana nke mụ bụ nke m.
That we have airports all around us doesn't negate the fact that we need an airport. It is not a crime to board a flight and land gidigba in your state.
Ndị be anyị ọ bụrụ arụ Anambra ga-eme ya. Nonsense.

Infact anyị emebego ya already.

Onye alaikiro ya jee kụọ isi na aja.
This is why I said that we should have gone for two airports. One for us, the other for the haters surrounding us.
You see that airport, whether APGA like it or not they must finish it even if it means voting for them again and again.
Nekwa nụ mụ anya oh! If the Government doesn't finish that Airport, I will personally hire Mason, brick layers and ndị concrete to finish it.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerDK: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2020

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
Obi1kenobi:

It's a standard all-purpose airport. The "cargo airport" does not make any sense. Air freight is extremely expensive compared to standard shipping and truck transportation. Nobody will be transporting agro produce, textiles, cosmetics, auto parts etc with FedEx or DHL. I can assure you the overwhelming majority of importers will wait for months to clear their goods at the ports before attempting air freight. It won't bring down any cost of imported goods.

That's absolutely not true.The lack of a truly international airport and a dedicated gas pipeline has hurt the potential of the East in attracting FDI than even bad roads.
Of what use is a cargo airport ? Most heavy manufacturing industries suffer a break down in machinery at least twice a year. They don't wait for ships to bring replacement parts -something that can take months, They fly it in prompto. Now imagine a city like Aba or onitsha with hundreds of Industries both local and international?
I served at ABC's head office at urratta ,owerri north this year. He has a contract maintaining Nipost vehicles and delivering cement for one of the biggest cement manufacturers in the country.
I know that we had crankshafts, pistons ,pumps and even common gaskets flown in specially for us (through owerri or pH airport) . When you are in certain business,time lost is money lost. Infact, we can fly a part from owerri to Lagos just to beat a time target.

Secondly, a city like Aba has hundreds if not thousands (a single company in aba has up to 200 Chinese staff) of multinationals working in firms like pz,NB, Afribev, glass force,Gzi etc. This multinationals cycle out of the country in 3-6 months breaks -that is aviation traffic . Currently, pH airport is benefiting from the lack of a good airport in the East.
My brother, I don't see any scenario in which the airport in Anambra would flop-unless it isn't truly standard

11 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gwafaeziokwu: 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2020
Bkayyy:

This is why I said that we should have gone for two airports. One for us, the other for the haters surrounding us.
You see that airport, whether APGA like it or not they must finish it even if it means voting for them again and again.
Nekwa nụ mụ anya oh! If the Government doesn't finish that Airport, I will personally hire Mason, brick layers and ndị concrete to finish it.

grin

This guy eehh. Brick layers kwa? Be calming down biko.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
Nice drone shot of the self-made industial and commercial city of Nnewi.

I think Nnewi deserves at least one major 4-lane road. All the roads seem to be narrow and don't do justice to such a important and bustling city.

Love how they managed to sustain all that greenery. It will help in soaking up a lot of the carbon dioxide generated from all the vehicles and factories in the city.

Courtesy Eboh Media: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8dtj5GzQxHnSS-dc9VQjxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjEohrRw93E

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bkayyy: 11:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
IGBOSON1:
Nice drone shot of the self-made industial and commercial city of Nnewi.

I think Nnewi deserves at least one major 4-lane road. All the roads seem to be narrow and don't do justice to such a important and bustling city.

Love how they managed to sustain all that greenery. It will help in soaking up a lot of the carbon dioxide generated from all the vehicles and factories in the city.

Courtesy Eboh Media: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8dtj5GzQxHnSS-dc9VQjxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjEohrRw93E
Cool.
Just watched it. I think we need some on Nkpor, Okija, Obosi and Ogidi

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
Bkayyy:

Cool.
Just watched it. I think we need some on Nkpor, Okija, Obosi and Ogidi

I doubt Nkpor will look as serene and nice. From the little i remember of the place, it's so busy and full of concrete with hardly any greenery. Look forward to seeing Okija, Obosi and Ogidi though.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Bkayyy: 11:47pm On Dec 14, 2020
IGBOSON1:

I doubt Nkpor will look as serene and nice. From the little i remember of the place, it's so busy and full of concrete with hardly any greenery. Look forward to seeing Okija, Obosi and Ogidi though.
Thanks bro, eboh media really outdid themselves this time.
Now they can see my proud Nnewi unlike last time that it was looking at round about from white house grin

More grease to their elbow

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 15, 2020
eduj:

That's absolutely not true.The lack of a truly international airport and a dedicated gas pipeline has hurt the potential of the East in attracting FDI than even bad roads.
Of what use is a cargo airport ? Most heavy manufacturing industries suffer a break down in machinery at least twice a year. They don't wait for ships to bring replacement parts -something that can take months, They fly it in prompto. Now imagine a city like Aba or onitsha with hundreds of Industries both local and international?
I served at ABC's head office at urratta ,owerri north this year. He has a contract maintaining Nipost vehicles and delivering cement for one of the biggest cement manufacturers in the country.
I know that we had crankshafts, pistons ,pumps and even common gaskets flown in specially for us (through owerri or pH airport) . When you are in certain business,time lost is money lost. Infact, we can fly a part from owerri to Lagos just to beat a time target.

Secondly, a city like Aba has hundreds if not thousands (a single company in aba has up to 200 Chinese staff) of multinationals working in firms like pz,NB, Afribev, glass force,Gzi etc. This multinationals cycle out of the country in 3-6 months breaks -that is aviation traffic . Currently, pH airport is benefiting from the lack of a good airport in the East.
My brother, I don't see any scenario in which the airport in Anambra would flop-unless it isn't truly standard

Nigeria does not have much industry and likes to do things backwards. So much money spent on airport before great road and rail or water infrastructure. I have been to Taiwan which is an industrial giant. Their airport is nothing special but their roads and sea port? Massive. That's where you see ships stacked high with containers ready to go out. Their cities skyscrapers everywhere not village houses with dirt paths like Nnewi or 6 storey buildings with filthy gutters like Aba and Onitsha.

Anambra is less than 1 hour drive to 3 airports 2 of which are international. Is building an airport more important than transforming primitive cities with dirt roads everywhere run on Keke that have no parks and disorganized markets where people sell inside 10x10 tiny shops and under steps? When are we going to think like civilized human beings by prioritizing things?

I am expecting the usual abuse about being old, worthless, hopeless and frustrated from the regular idiots on this forum in 1,2, 3

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 6:22am On Dec 15, 2020
Useless post from a hopeless frustrated vagabond, even at 3am when decent people were asleep, you were awake on this thread because of Anambra airport. Who needs an Oracle to tell us that you are a demonic witch that survives on drinking blood. Does those stares with airports have better cities than Anambra? NO. Do they have better roads and infrastructures than Anambra? NO.. Does those stares have better markets than Anambra? NO. what's your point? Infact Anambra beats all those states in all indices of development.

There's no state in the entire eastern region that deserves an airport than Anambra state. You can cry all of you want but the sad reality is that the Anambra international airport is almost ready for commission. So take your useless, worthless, miserable self out of the airport issue. You have tried for years to confuse us here about the airport but while you were here ranting the actual work was going on over there on site.

You have failed again like your father the devil. cheesy

[s]
mktinsight:

Nigeria does not have much industry and likes to do things backwards. So much money spent on airport before great road and rail or water infrastructure. I have been to Taiwan which is an industrial giant. Their airport is nothing special but their roads and sea port? Massive. That's where you see ships stacked high with containers ready to go out. Their cities skyscrapers everywhere not village houses with dirt paths like Nnewi or 6 storey buildings with filthy gutters like Aba and Onitsha.
nambra is less than 1 hour drive to 3 airports 2 of which are international. Is building an airport more important than transforming primitive cities with dirt roads everywhere run on Keke that have no parks and disorganized markets where people sell inside 10x10 tiny shops and under steps? When are we going to think like civilized human beings by prioritizing things?
am expecting the usual abuse about being old, worthless, hopeless and frustrated from the regular idiots on this forum in 1,2, 3
[/s]

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 6:26am On Dec 15, 2020
[s]
mktinsight:

Anambra is less than 1 hour drive to 3 airports 2 of which are international. Is building an airport more important than transforming primitive cities with dirt roads everywhere run on Keke that have no parks and disorganized markets where people sell inside 10x10 tiny shops and under steps? When are we going to think like civilized human beings by prioritizing things?

I am expecting the usual abuse about being old, worthless, hopeless and frustrated from the regular idiots on this forum in 1,2, 3
[/s]

Even after being the Federal Capital territory for many many years, and many years of collecting enormous federal allocation more than 10 times of Anambra's, Lagos cannot boast of anything like the pictures you posted. Yet, it is Anambra you are advising and disappointed that they rose from total ashes after the civil war less than 50 years ago to build 6 storey buildings instead of looking like Hong Kong? grin grin grin grin

Please, Ibadan that didn't even fight any war, kindly show us the dirty 6 storey buildings there, before you even talk of Ibadan looking like Kano.
Vietnam ko, Taiwan ni grin grin grin grin

Ndi ala!

19 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 6:39am On Dec 15, 2020
Mktinsight is a cursed frustrated hopeless sadistic suicidal fellow. At times I have only pity for him. He stays awake all night even till 3-4am and still return to this thread early like 7-8am. For one to constantly have sleepless night almost on daily basis is a reason for us to devote some time to pray for the drowning mktinsight.

Meanwhile here are two cities of Ibadan and Onitsha. Take note that Ibadan has airport but Onitsha doesn't have now until the one being constructed in Anambra is completed. Onitsha looks like America compare to Ibadan. Which of the two cities are promising enough to have an airport? Mktinsight you are cursed

13 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 6:44am On Dec 15, 2020
cryPlease stop responding to the cursed mktinsight. You have defeated him with points Leave him now for me to handle. I am the only one that knows how to handle him. Cursed Mktinsight Is the same person as obi1kenobi. Mktinsight hear this from me, we shall never allow you have your evil demonic way on this thread. Never! Just so you know.

eduj:

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 7:06am On Dec 15, 2020
I wish the roof of the Control tower will be used for installation of the radars. It is easily the highest point around the airport. Than constructing another mast to install radars.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by TEDHorsePower: 7:11am On Dec 15, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:
I wish the roof of the Control tower will be used for installation of the radars. It is easily the highest point around the airport. Than constructing another mast to install radars.

Hahahaha

This picture of Anambra international airport tower is enough to send the cursed mktinsight into hunger strike and possibly take him towards suicidal path.

@the pictures, ofcourse all those airport monitoring equipment like TRACKON, Wireless network gadgets and all other gadgets that requires height to function optimally will all be mounted on the tower.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (1323) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: cjrane and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.