Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2075653 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 7:48am On Jul 18, 2021
ChineduAIaegbu:
Soon, someone here will cite burial as development in Anambra State..

Lol
But the burial really made the town Oba popular. A burial that’s been discussed till now on Twitter and on Facebook? U sef check am na cool
I have been seeing threads upon threads about Cubana and his friends, even Hausa pple dey drop comments sef. But one reoccurring issue in most of the comments by non igbos wic is used in throwing jabs at us is the state of our roads.
You know, seeing that we are better than them in most ramifications, they couldn’t stomach it so they look for one obvious truth to darken our mood. Our roads is that truth they’ve been using to boost their jealous spirits. Govt should pls do more for our ROADS.
Lastly,A look into this particular Facebook post and the comments on will show u how much the minorities see igbos. Just go read the comments under the post.
Anambra to the world biko.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2021
Mathoj:
[s]My only problem with the Anambra Airport Terminal building is that it looks like one of those Abakaliki International Market or a Warehouse.
I would advise a new terminal built with Flat Zigzag flowing roof like the new Bugesa Airport in Rwanda.[/s]

Oga no vex o. But comments like this are beginning to irritate me. We have gone past this stage of comparing the terminal building to that of a market,some will compare it to that of a poultry house. Honestly,e don do!
Whatever the terminal looks like I think the most important things we should be looking out for should be the airport finishings,other important equipment,the runway etc
We have gone past the warehouse/poultry farm comparison stage.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3x: 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
OreMI22:

I don't think NCAA will allow rugs that can be blown off by jet blast to be near a runway.
Laying artificial rugs can never be allowed next to a runway in the name of making the area have a semblance of green grass near the runway. I'm sure ICAO will also not approve an airport with such dangerous rugs laid beside a runway or any debris whatsoever near a runway. Actually, the main purpose of the grass around the runway is to prevent erosion and not really for aesthetics. That is why the airports in the middle east where there is little rain don't even bother about grassing around their runway because they know erosion isn't a problem in the middle east due to poor rainfall. I think the idea of using grass seeds can work if the seeds are not washed off by heavy rainfall.

This is how powerful a jet blast is. No rug will stay on the ground for 5 minutes when subjected to this awesome blast force from jet engines. That is why it will be a safety hazard to use turfs instead of natural grass around a runway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqVjD3nBSQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfUfBWvmzA4

BUT AS YOU SAID, EROSION PROBLEM IN THE EAST, REQUIRES PLANTING OF GRASS.

Taishan Airport Artificial Turf

http://taishangrass.com/9-airport-turf.html

Specifications of the Airport Artificial Turf
Model Specifications
Standard Airport Turf FAA 1. Color: Field Green
2. Pile Height: -
3. Backing: Double
4. UV Stabilized: YES
5. Delivery time: According to the order
New Generation Airport Turf FAA 1. Color: Field Green
2. Pile Height: -
3. Backing: Double
4. UV Stabilized: YES
5. Delivery time: According to the order

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3x: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
EasyTurf Aims to Help Airports Increase Safety with Air FieldTurf Synthetic Grass

Planes can even land and take off, from them.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
Landmack:

Oga no vex o. But comments like this are beginning to irritate me. We have gone past this stage of comparing the terminal building to that of a market,some will compare it to that of a poultry house. Honestly,e don do!
Whatever the terminal looks like I think the most important things we should be looking out for should be the airport finishings,other important equipment,the runway etc
We have gone past the warehouse/poultry farm comparison stage.
joke apart!! The roofing of that Terminal building looks More like a workstation/ farmyard.. not a typical ideal look of an airport roof cool shocked
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer3x: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
grass seed runway...

growing grass is alot of work.

in some places they are burning them as undesirables grin.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
The roofing is in line with modern airport roofs. That's how most modern airports are built. It is not like the viillage motorpark built in Imo state as airport. You people should take your envy to your backward state

[s]
Grgton:
joke apart!! The roofing of that Terminal building looks More like a workstation/ farmyard.. not a typical ideal look of an airport roof
[/s]

This is Anambra international airport terminal building in comparison to the modern terminals across the world. It shows one thing- that Anambra international airport terminal building is a contemporary facility

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Grgton:
joke apart!! The roofing of that Terminal building looks More like a workstation/ farmyard.. not a typical ideal look of an airport roof cool shocked

That’s ur problem cool
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 3pointsagree: 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
Oya come and invest amazing anambra

Investment

Financial hub

Industrial Haven

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
hammer3x:

BUT AS YOU SAID, EROSION PROBLEM IN THE EAST, REQUIRES PLANTING OF GRASS.

Lol...i knew the Chinese would always find a cheap way to fake everything. Instead of the universally accepted natural way. That is why nobody seriously trusts anything made by them when quality and safety of lives are involved. Due to a culture of low quality circumvention of safety. The same way no country bought their covid 19 vaccines, instead they would accept vaccines made in Russia or even India. No country has ordered Chinese commercial airplanes COMAC, instead they trust Brazilian aircraft maker Embraer more than supposedly technologically advanced Chinese.

I agree that we should plant grass and not do it like countries where quality and public safety isn't a greater priority than quick fake fixes for everything.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerDK: 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

Lol...i knew the Chinese would always find a cheap way to fake everything. Instead of the universally accepted natural way. That is why nobody seriously trusts anything made by them when quality and safety of lives are involved. Due to a culture of low quality circumvention of safety. The same way no country bought their covid 19 vaccines, instead they would accept vaccines made in Russia or even India. No country has ordered Chinese commercial airplanes COMAC, instead they trust Brazilian aircraft maker Embraer more than Chinese.

I agree that we should plant grass and not do it like countries where quality and public safety isn't a greater priority more than quick fake fixes for everything.

IT WILL NOT BE A BAD IDEA TO ORDER SOME OF THE CHINESE COMMERCIAL PLANES, ON THE CONDITION THEY SET UP MAINTENANCE HANGER AT UMUERI AIRPORT.

WE SHOULD SEE THAT AIRPORT AS A BUSINESS AVENUE.

EVEN BOEING AND AIRBUS WILL HAVE MAINTENANCE HANGER THERE FOR A START.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
https:w//youtu.be/ZP6cvb1UOyQ
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
hammerDK:

IT WILL NOT BE A BAD IDEA TO ORDER SOME OF THE CHINESE COMMERCIAL PLANES, ON THE CONDITION THEY SET UP MAINTENANCE HANGER AT UMUERI AIRPORT.

WE SHOULD SEE THAT AIRPORT AS A BUSINESS AVENUE.

EVEN BOEING AND AIRBUS WILL HAVE MAINTENANCE HANGER THERE FOR A START.
grin grin grin

I hope you will volunteer yourself and your family to fly in Chinese commercial jet planes.

There is a reason why even poor countries like Malawi stay away from Chinese products where public safety and quality is of great importance.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerDK: 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:
grin grin grin

I hope you will volunteer yourself and your family to fly in Chinese planes. There is a reason why even poor countries like Malawi stay away from Chinese products where public safety and quality is of great importance.

WE CAN USE THEM FOR SHORT HAUL FLIGHT.

ALSO, WE SHOULD INVESTIGATE THEIR SAFETY RECORDS AND BASE OUR DECISIONS ON FACTS.

IS NIGERIA AIRFORCE NOT USING PAKISTAN AND CHINA JETS. cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerDK: 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
IF WE ARE SUCESSFUL WITH UMUERI AIRPORT.

I ENVISAGE, NUMERIOUS AVIATION INSTITUTIONS AND TRAINING CENTRE SPRING UP AT UMUERI.

SOME COMPANIES MIGHT EVEN SITE AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY AT UMUERI.

THE LIST ARE ENDLESS, THIS IS IN ADDITION TO THE AIRPORT CITY PLANNED BY ANAMBRA STATE THERE.

WE NEED TO BE COMMITTED AND UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT WE HAVE STARTED IS FOR THE LONG RUN.

OUR VISION NEEDS TO BE CLEAR AND WE GIVE PRIORITY TO PROJECTS THAT ARE READY FOR IMPLEMENTATION, WHILST WE KEEP OTHERS ON THE ANALYSIS AND DESIGN STAGE.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammerDK: 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
DON'T WAIT FOR COMAC TO START PLAYING BIG LEAGUE LIKE EMBRAER.

CATCH THEM SMALL NOW AND JUST LIKE IVM, PARTNER THEM TO MANUFACTURE PLANES LOCALLY AT UMUERI.

ONE OF THE OTHER COMMERCIAL AIRLINE COMPANY CAN PATRONISE THEM EXCLUSIVELY.

WHILST AIRPEACE CONTINUE WITH EMBRAER AND BOEING.

WE MOVE!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
hammerDK:
DON'T WAIT FOR COMAC TO START PLAYING BIG LEAGUE LIKE EMBRAER.

CATCH THEM SMALL NOW AND JUST LIKE IVM, PARTNER THEM TO MANUFACTURE PLANES LOCALLY AT UMUERI.

ONE OF THE OTHER COMMERCIAL AIRLINE COMPANY CAN PATRONISE THEM EXCLUSIVELY.

WHILST AIRPEACE CONTINUE WITH EMBRAER AND BOEING.

WE MOVE!

Pls can u stop typing in caps. It’s rude and disturbing

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by stasius: 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
Grgton:
ADVANTAGES OF A CURVED ROOF
Modern Visual Appeal:
Curved roofs look spectacular and give an edgy feel to any structure. These roofs are ideal for those homeowners that wish to add a wow-factor to their property.

Customizable:
Curved roofs are specially designed by architects and therefore, they can be customized to suit the region where the home will be located.

Relatively low Maintenance:
Curved roofs are generally simple and have characteristics much like a standard shed roof. They are wind resistant and low maintenance roofs.

Popular With Developers:
Curved roofs are popular with developers due to their ease of construction. The reduced height of the curve is generally favorable for height restrictions and facilitates the planning approval process.

Eco-Friendly Solution:
Curved roofs contribute to the reduction of harmful CO2 emissions. In-plane roof lights also prove to be economical and can easily be installed across the roof’s apex

#copied.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Landmack:

That’s ur problem cool

yes
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
Very disturbing. Shows someone with a complex.
Landmack:

Pls can u stop typing in caps. It’s rude and disturbing
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Breaking News
Just Today after his mother's outing service, Obi Cubana pledged to support 300 youths from 300 different families of Oba with 1 Million Naira each.

With this kind gesture, We will have at least 15 more billionaires by the next 5 to 10 years.

May God bless Okparaozueora 1 na Oba!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
The newest and dopest hospital in Anambra state with very sophisticated equipments.

Akụ luo ụnọ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDNiAFmc8To
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
investnow2013:
Breaking News
Just Today after his mother's outing service, Obi Cubana pledged to support 300 youths from 300 different families of Oba with 1 Million Naira each.

With this kind gesture, We will have at least 15 more billionaires by the next 5 to 10 years.

May God bless Okparaozueora 1 na Oba!

That's why Anambra keep progressing.But over here in my state, a particular man who was once the richest Igbo man, is busy buying out his community lands and turning the youths into farmers.

God bless the obi cubana's of the East

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 5:05am On Jul 19, 2021
This YouTube channel brings you contents about developments in Anambra state and Alaigbo.
Use the link below to subscribe to the channel, watch the videos, like share and stay tuned for more
https://youtube.com/channel/UCRxJtYXUY011mZY_nBK5y3A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2021
ICC

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2021
I noticed they have installed two escalators

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 10:23am On Jul 19, 2021
post=103861787:
I noticed they have installed two escalators
That means the one for the airport must have been installed too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2021
globemoney01:

That means the one for the airport must have been installed too.
I believe so, I guess we will get new update soon

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anthony1976: 11:20am On Jul 19, 2021
they are progressing gradually

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 4:08am On Jul 20, 2021
@19:06 in the video, you'll hear the Commissioner saying he'll block the departure and arrival passengers from using the same avio-bridges.

I think it'll be an error to alter the original plan of the airport by building another artificial wall to separate arriving and departing passengers at Anambra Intl. airport. No airport in the world has such unnecessary impediments to the smooth movement of passengers in the secured areas of the airport.

Airports only have arrival and departure gates (Outside the building) to make it easy for people coming into or leaving the terminal building to use different access gates to avoid a stampede, but it does not mean the avio bridges gates are designated as arrival or departure avio-bridges. If this alteration in the airport master plan is done, it will create a massive waste of space at the airport. There is really no need to have a dedicated gate for "arrival only" avio-bridge and a "departure only" avio-bridge. Especially in an airport with only 2 gates!

In many international airports across the globe, arrival passengers and security-screened/cleared departure passengers can pass through the secured areas of the airport terminal unhindered. In fact, the seats in the secured areas are meant for the screened departure passengers. Since typical arriving passengers would only pass through the secured area, and go downstairs to the unsecured area of the airport to pick up their luggage from the carousel. Typically the departing passengers will then board the plane that just arrived using the same avio-bridge gate which the arriving passengers just used. For instance, if the flight just came in from Lagos and would be returning to Lagos. The plane isn't moved to another gate/ Avio-bridge after their arrival passengers disembark. Instead, they use the same gate to board their passengers going to Lagos since the plane is already parked there at the gate.

Making one gate to be strictly for "arrival" and another gate to be strictly for "departure" will eventually be unworkable and chaotic. Not to mention the fact that you will keep the gate used solely for departure always packed to the brim without enough available seats, while the chairs in the arrival gate will always be empty. Nobody arrives at a destination and decides to sit down at the airport instead of walking straight to the luggage carousel to take their luggage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY4vtTttPzM&t=867s

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 20, 2021
You are very correct bro. I thought of this too cause I've never heard of separate gates for arrival and departure. It really very important that they don't do any adjustments to the plan. However, if you look critically at the floor plan, you will see that both lounges do no share any common access. The departure lounge is completely blocked off from the bridge close to the arrival ramp. But there is an access door connecting the two ramps. So the jet bridges are connected. If not the ramp on the land side will be useless as it will terminate on a wall.
ChimaAdeoye:
@19:06 in the video, you'll hear the Commissioner saying he'll block the departure and arrival passengers from using the same avio-bridges.

I think it'll be an error to alter the original plan of the airport by building another artificial wall to separate arriving and departing passengers at Anambra Intl. airport. No airport in the world has such unnecessary impediments to the smooth movement of passengers in the secured areas of the airport.

Airports only have arrival and departure gates (Outside the building) to make it easy for people coming into or leaving the terminal building to use different access gates to avoid a stampede, but it does not mean the avio bridges gates are designated as arrival or departure avio-bridges. If this alteration in the airport master plan is done, it will create a massive waste of space at the airport. There is really no need to have a dedicated gate for "arrival only" avio-bridge and a "departure only" avio-bridge. Especially in an airport with only 2 gates!

In many international airports across the globe, arrival passengers and security-screened/cleared departure passengers can pass through the secured areas of the airport terminal unhindered. In fact, the seats in the secured areas are meant for the screened departure passengers. Since typical arriving passengers would only pass through the secured area, and go downstairs to the unsecured area of the airport to pick up their luggage from the carousel. Typically the departing passengers will then board the plane that just arrived using the same avio-bridge gate which the arriving passengers just used. For instance, if the flight just came in from Lagos and would be returning to Lagos. The plane isn't moved to another gate/ Avio-bridge after their arrival passengers disembark. Instead, they use the same gate to board their passengers going to Lagos since the plane is already parked there at the gate.

Making one gate to be strictly for "arrival" and another gate to be strictly for "departure" will eventually be unworkable and chaotic. Not to mention the fact that you will keep the gate used solely for departure always packed to the brim without enough available seats, while the chairs in the arrival gate will always be empty. Nobody arrives at a destination and decides to sit down at the airport instead of walking straight to the luggage carousel to take their luggage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY4vtTttPzM&t=867s

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: irisher and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.