Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2061578 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (1315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:13am On Jul 20, 2021
I have never met him! I don’t know him. But I love his generous spirit and empowerment attitude. It is very touching! We have a lot we can learn from him.

============
Obi Cubana; finally speaks

"I want to state this clearly, I am not the talking type or Social media interest free person"

"Many have questioned the type of boys and friends I have, to me, I hardly address anyone as my boy because we are all boys to God Almighty.

I don't have any boy who is into rituals, if you are my boy or my man because I like to address my boys as my men, it means you are working hard and you made your money in a clean way.

In 2013, I pushed 53 uneducated Oba boys into the market to learn trading. In 2017, I withdrew all of them from their Ogas and settled all of them with 3million Naira each and paid for their shops.

I linked 40 of them into importation and made them use my name and platform to import goods into the country. After two years, I checked on them how they were doing and find out some had issues and I supported them again to stand.

I am happy today that out of the 53 men, 38 are billionaires while the rest are in the level of a millionaire.

In 2018, I took 100 educated men out of streets and introduced them to the white men for business and today there are billionaires in dollars.

They also help me in their capacity when I require their help. All their friends both Nigeria and outside patronises me.

I am into hotel and club business and I have so many businesses I am brand ambassadors to.

I have alliance with spirit drinks and wines, I am brand to many businesses in the world.

It gives me joy to see my men do well, non of my hotel managers in Nigeria can small poverty, I encourage them to raise others from their local communities. I have never sacked a worker due to misconduct, I bring you in and speak to you the way you will understand.

I have this understanding that we should allow the stubborn people to exist and cool headed people to exist and we make use of them when their needs arises.

I don't believe in the supremacy of power rather I believe in the fare share of power and authority and allow everyone to feel belonged.

I have many uncountable people through my hotel business, I have encouraged many, I have made a lot of friends millionaires and billionaires because it gives me joy. Seeing them throw money around gives me happiness and they know, so anytime there are with me, they show such attitude of throwing money to please me.

Yes, I will gift 1 million to 300 Oba boys to start up business and link them up too to make it.

I have a lot of friends and associates and we are like brothers to each other. We love and encourage one another in good and bad as you have seen in my case that all of them came massively to support me.

Critics is normal and there are there to say what they want to say but when you are doing the right thing, you don't listen to what people say. If I have my way, I will also help those criticising me.

A lot of non Obas will still benefit from me because I am still in the business of making people great.

Cubana chief priest is my man and he is a jolly fellow. People mistake him for me, I am Obi Kubana and he is my Chief priest I hope you understand it now.

I am not into politics and I don't have interest in it till tomorrow. I respect those in politics because dey carry power. Lol hahaha.

My advice is they should identify talents and make them great, don't have any fear of who betrays you tomorrow, just make men and move, if they remember good if not be happy that they made it through you.

I didn't asked my boys/men for donations or help, I didn't also asked my friends for help or donations they did that on their own and I appreciated their efforts.

Gradually ala Igbo ga adinma"

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2021
#Professor_Charles_Egbu Is Now The New Vice-Chancellor Of Leeds Trinity University, London. Professor Charles Egbu Is The First Black Professor To Head A University In The UK.
He is From Abatete In Idemili LGA Anambra State.

Send Your Congratulations To Him. In the land of merit, growth and progress is assured.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 8:22am On Jul 20, 2021
Nwanne you are brainy. I like reading your educative and intelligent posts.

ChimaAdeoye:
@19:06 in the video, you'll hear the Commissioner saying he'll block the departure and arrival passengers from using the same avio-bridges.

I think it'll be an error to alter the original plan of the airport by building another artificial wall to separate arriving and departing passengers at Anambra Intl. airport. No airport in the world has such unnecessary impediments to the smooth movement of passengers in the secured areas of the airport.

Airports only have arrival and departure gates (Outside the building) to make it easy for people coming into or leaving the terminal building to use different access gates to avoid a stampede, but it does not mean the avio bridges gates are designated as arrival or departure avio-bridges. If this alteration in the airport master plan is done, it will create a massive waste of space at the airport. There is really no need to have a dedicated gate for "arrival only" avio-bridge and a "departure only" avio-bridge. Especially in an airport with only 2 gates!

In many international airports across the globe, arrival passengers and security-screened/cleared departure passengers can pass through the secured areas of the airport terminal unhindered. In fact, the seats in the secured areas are meant for the screened departure passengers. Since typical arriving passengers would only pass through the secured area, and go downstairs to the unsecured area of the airport to pick up their luggage from the carousel. Typically the departing passengers will then board the plane that just arrived using the same avio-bridge gate which the arriving passengers just used. For instance, if the flight just came in from Lagos and would be returning to Lagos. The plane isn't moved to another gate/ Avio-bridge after their arrival passengers disembark. Instead, they use the same gate to board their passengers going to Lagos since the plane is already parked there at the gate.

Making one gate to be strictly for "arrival" and another gate to be strictly for "departure" will eventually be unworkable and chaotic. Not to mention the fact that you will keep the gate used solely for departure always packed to the brim without enough available seats, while the chairs in the arrival gate will always be empty. Nobody arrives at a destination and decides to sit down at the airport instead of walking straight to the luggage carousel to take their luggage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY4vtTttPzM&t=867s

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
This may sound a bit awkward..Nothing must happen to Anambra’s illustrious son,Obi Cubana. The media frenzy and digging of pasts by bed belle pple looks like it won’t end any time soon.
Some are lowkey hoping he will be disgraced like our other Son,Invictus Obi or pointed out for something bad,some already calling him a saboteur simply because he took shots with AKyari Lol cheesy...our Father in heaven will shock them.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2021
Amen
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
Cubana club sighted in Awka. Anambarians are playing key role in development of the great state. While we commend ndi-Anambra and the state government on the effort put in so far; we urge the government to put in more effort especially in road rehabilitation. A lot of work need to be done especially in the state capital.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by cjrane: 12:38am On Jul 21, 2021
Fesotech:
The Anambra International cargo and passenger airport at today. Thursday, the 15th day of July 2001 by craneburg.
Runway : Completed
Taxiway : Completed
Apron : Completed
RSA: Completed
Control tower : Completed
Fire bay : Completed
Emgency care Unit : Completed
Car Parck : Completed
Water Facility : 80% Completed
Power Station : 80% Completed
Gate House : Completed
Airport Road : Completed
Tarminal building : 90% Completed
Perimeter fencing : 70% Completed
Operational fencing : Completed

All they need to get the airport operational is to get water, electricity and chairs in the terminal building.

All others as escalators, luggage carousel etc can be gradually installed while the airport operates once daily flights to Lagos and Abuja.

It is likely the flight will be by E145 airplane with a maximum capacity of 50 passengers. This is a small manageable number that can be serviced without luggage carousel or huge number of staff

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 2:45am On Jul 21, 2021
cjrane:

All they need to get the airport operational is to get water, electricity and chairs in the terminal building.

All others as escalators, luggage carousel etc can be gradually installed while the airport operates once daily flights to Lagos and Abuja.

It is likely the flight will be by E145 airplane with a maximum capacity of 50 passengers. This is a small manageable number that can be serviced without luggage carousel or huge number of staff

Judging by Obiano's antecedents, he does not believe in shoddy or half done projects.

Obiano will likely complete most of the requirements before the commissioning and opening of the airport for public use.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mathoj: 6:00am On Jul 21, 2021
cjrane:

The Anambra International cargo and passenger airport at Tuesday, the 20th day of July 2021 by ME.
RSA: Uncompleted
Control tower : Uncompleted
Fire bay : Uncompleted
Emgency care Unit : Uncompleted
Car Park : Uncompleted
Water Facility : Uncompleted
Power Station : Uncompleted
Gate House : Uncompleted
Tarminal building : Uncompleted
Perimeter fencing : Uncompleted
Operational fencing : Completed??...I did not check it out
The airport can ONLY be put to use when all are COMPLETED and commissioned. There should be NO RUSH

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Olashobbie(m): 6:10am On Jul 21, 2021
post=63466955:
My visit to industrial and commercial city today

Maddona city awka, anambra state selling fast at 2m per plot.
Contact 0.9.0.6.4.7.3.5.5.9.9

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 9:04am On Jul 21, 2021
Mathoj:

The Anambra International cargo and passenger airport at Tuesday, the 20th day of July 2021 by ME.
RSA: Uncompleted
Control tower : Uncompleted
Fire bay : Uncompleted
Emgency care Unit : Uncompleted
Car Park : Uncompleted
Water Facility : Uncompleted
Power Station : Uncompleted
Gate House : Uncompleted
Tarminal building : Uncompleted
Perimeter fencing : Uncompleted
Operational fencing : Completed??...I did not check it out
The airport can ONLY be put to use when all are COMPLETED and commissioned. There should be NO RUSH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRLM37RwcqY

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 10:00am On Jul 21, 2021
Anambra International Airport almost ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRLM37RwcqY

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 11:10am On Jul 21, 2021
It's only in Anambra you will see someone's business name/brand name take over his real name. This shows how good the ppl are in building their brand. They put their business first to the extend that their brand is more popular than themselves.
You will hear names like
1: Stanel instead of Stanley Uzochukwu
2: Cubana instead of Obinna Iyiegbu
3: Seaman instead of Chukwuemeka Agbaneri
4: Innoson instead of Innocent Chukwuma
5: Obijackson instead of Ernest Obiejesi
6: Coscharies instead of Cosmas Maduka
7: Airpeace instead of Allen Onyema
Others include Doncrimax, Jezco, Millennium, Juhel, Dozy, GUO,etc
That's the spirit of Anambra

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
Anambra International Passenger/Cargo Airport Update
~ 750 Capacity Car Park: Completed
~Car Park marking: Ongoing

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
~ Fire Station, Power House, and Water supply: Ongoing

11 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
~ Emergency / Trauma Center: Completed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
~Landscaping around terminal building: Ongoing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2021
~ Internal Roads: Completed
~Main Access Road: Completed
~Main Access Road Twin Bridges: Completed
~ Gate House / Toll Gate: Ongoing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
~ Interior of terminal building: WORLD-CLASS!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
OreMI22:
~ Internal Roads: Completed
~Main Access Road: Completed
~ Gate House / Toll Gate: Ongoing
You are doing a good job. It looks like the entire airport is already fenced. Fantastic

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
Olashobbie:

Maddona city awka, anambra state selling fast at 2m per plot.
Contact 0.9.0.6.4.7.3.5.5.9.9

I just had to issue this warning especially to those who may fall for these multiplicities of shadowy "real-estate" agents everywhere! My people please, please, please be VERY CAREFUL with these multiple "real-estate" agents everywhere looking for naive people to milk and dupe. ESPECIALLY those of you living in the diaspora or outside Igboland.

I am currently in a huge mess with one of these real-estate people for land that i purchased through them last year. Not all of them are fake, but there are so many fake ones that have suddenly sprung up in the last few months selling "lands" they have not acquired legally from the communities and registered with the government.

It is gruesome now for me to pay a huge sum to the original owners of the land, and then go and register my land with the government after I had already paid a huge sum to the real estate company! Who in fact was just a mere "agent" for the land. But posed as though they had acquired the land and once I paid them, everything was final and one! When in fact, they had no real documents to show they had acquired the land from the community. Thus you pay the "real estate" people and still pay the real cost of the land to the community! Then you go through the battle of putting the land in your name at ACTDA. It can be very very gruesome. Please be careful not to fall into the same trap that I'm currently suffering.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2021

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2021

Ongoing completion work inside the terminal building

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
What is truly amazing is that Obiano insists on the best quality international airport to bequeath his state!

No shortcuts or shoddy jobs are acceptable!

Truly, this airport should be named Chief Willie Obiano International Passenger/Cargo Airport to thank this great son of Igboland!

God bless Gov. Willie Obiano!

God bless Prof. Charles SOLUDO!

God bless Anambra State!

God bless Nigeria and give her a fair governance structure to save her from her problems!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
Meet Anambra Diaspora Man of the year, The king of Six Nations

Jerome Ezeneche is the leader of Ndi Igbo in China, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. He recently won the Anambra Diaspora Person of the Year. In this Exclusive Interview with IGBERE TV, he talks about his early life and his status as Eze Ndi Igbo in six countries. Excerpts:

*WHAT WAS GROWING UP LIKE FOR YOU?*

I was born and bred at Onitsha. I lost my father Cyprian Ezeneche at a very young age. I was six , assisting my mother who ran a restaurant . I had other siblings but I was the first son and the responsibilities associated with that position are many. The death of my father made me grow up fast. I became a father figure to my younger ones, playing the role model while at the same time assisting my mother. Before his death, my father was a hardworking and successful man in his time, with houses in the village and at Onitsha where he was based. At his demise, his siblings who were his business partners kept the knowledge of my late father’s properties away from us because my mother was not literate enough to ask questions. I would later join my mother in her restaurant. I believe that contributed to the person I am today because the restaurant afforded me the opportunity to learn some culinary skills which rubbed off of what I do today.

My mother’s restaurant was located at Awada, a suburb in Onitsha and it was a very popular restaurant in those days. I was a boarder in school. During holidays, I would come back to help my mother. My experience in her restaurant and the cooking skill I learnt earned me a position as the school kitchen prefect at Abbot Boys College, Ihiala and I was in that position from class 4. It was from that class that my mother stopped paying my school fees and that was because of my position. Some parents were even paying me to help look after their wards in school and in turn took me as their own son.

Due to paucity of funds, I decided to quit further studies for business after my secondary school. I learnt baking materials trade under Mr Boniface Okwuolisa, from Ihiala. I was with Mr. Boniface before I met Cornel Tochukwu Kpajie, from Uke. Mr. Tochukwu’s boss was selling baking powder with the name ‘First Choice’ in those days. Tochukwu being an industrious fellow, learnt how to produce the baking powder and would later begin the production of his own brand and named it ‘Royal Baking Powder’. So since I was still learning the ropes in the baking materials business, Tochukwu made an offer to make me to assist in distributing the product and jumped on the offer. I did an excellent job of marketing the product.

After a while, I decided to change course and travel overseas for better opportunities. That was how we started producing Royal baking powder in China. We were also producing flavors, yeast, improver and all the baking materials. I discovered where they produce them in China and Indonesia. Today, the relationship between me and Tochukwu Kpajie is still strong. It is more like a father and son relationship. He is someone who wants me to succeed and he was instrumental to the success of my trip abroad. I was initially importing goods from China to Nigeria but when I started having challenges, I decided to set up my base outside the shores of Nigeria.

The first country I went to live in was Vietnam and from there, I moved to Thailand. I have also lived in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and China, I have visited all these countries and I have my network in those countries. The Igbo people in that region appreciate my person greatly and when they saw my leadership qualities, they decided to install me as their leader in these countries and that is the origin of the name “The King of Six Nations”. I also have my ’10-10’ restaurants in these six countries. It is adjudged one of the biggest in Asia. It was from there that I started my own farm where I cultivate our food and presently, there is no need for yam and bitter leaf importation in Thailand because we have the farm here. We also process garri and akpu. Palm fruit is here in Thailand but we process it to our taste. I am also a licensed BDC operator.

In those six Nations, our people were having too many issues. An example of such is that when our people come into the country without proper documentation, most of the times, they will be subjected to arbitrary arrest by the law enforcement agencies and they may enter another country in a bid to evade arrest and that may compound their problems. Some might have proper documentation but because of little misunderstanding between them and the Thai or Vietnamese people, the Thai people may use police to harass them. That brought about a lot of complaint, but my intervention helped to put some of these issues under control. There were times when our brother will die in a country like Laos ,but because Nigerians aren’t many there, I will have to plead with our people in China and Thailand to make contributions to send the corpse home .Our leadership has also introduced a reign of peace and curbed cult related killings in these six nations. I am also in good terms with the royal fathers in Nigeria. This is to keep them updated and also to report any issue concerning any of their persons, especially when such character proves difficult to handle.

Another thing we do is to bring our culture close to our people in the diaspora and make them have a feel of home. Cultural identity is very vital in our everyday living particularly for most of us who live abroad . And so when we come home, we learn the culture and the way things are done and then go back to teach our people in these nations our cultural practices and traditions. We also work together to help one another and lift one another up. If one of us has a problem, we all contribute to help provide solution to the person's problem. The ancient Igbo Philosophy ‘ibu anyi Danda’ and ‘nwanne di na mba’ forms the core of our activities and shapes our actions. The Igbo in those six nations have decided that they will have a caretaker administrator in each country but they will all report to me. With time, China, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia etc will have their caretaker administrators that will be in charge and they will work with me in order to pilot the affairs of our people.

*COULD YOU THROW MORE LIGHT ON 10-10 RESTAURANT?*

If you come to Asia, 10-10 restaurant is rated among the best African restaurants. When we started, we only had Nigerian customers but now we have customers from different races. When the wife of immediate past President of Nigeria, Mrs Patience Jonathan came to Thailand for an event, 10-10 restaurant was the official caterer. That event announced us and others started patronizing 10-10 restaurant for indoor and outdoor events.

*SOME NIGERIANS ARE KNOWN TO TRAVEL ABROAD AND ENGAGE IN CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES SUCH AS DRUG TRAFFICKING AND INTERNET FRAUD. WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE FOR THOSE HOPING TO GO ABROAD?*

The standard practice for anybody with the intention of relocating to a foreign country is to have a contact person that can help him or her settle down. I usually advice our brothers who intend to travel to ensure that they have such contacts. In cases where such is unavailable, most of them will become stranded and some get tempted to go into crime .

Though it is very wrong and condemnable, I don’t think we Nigerians are the only people that engage in criminal activities. But instead of crime,there are a lot immigrants can learn in a foreign country. Many are engaged in honest labour. Some teach or get engaged in sporting activities like football and boxing. If you travel to Asia, you will notice that there are a lot of Nigerian teachers and it is a lucrative job. A teacher can earn as much as 50 dollars per hour. I'm not saying we are saints but the story of few who are into crime can never be allowed to dominate the great stories of many of us who are working extremely hard to make a decent living and contribute to the economy of our host country.

*YOU WERE GIVEN THE AWARD AS ANAMBRA DIASPORAN 2020, WHICH SHOWS YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WELL-BEING OF EASTERNERS OVERSEAS. WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS YOU WOULD SAY YOU HAVE DONE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THEIR WELLBEING?*

First is what I call prison ministry. I visit our brothers in prison, help them with legal aid if need be and also help relay messages to their various families in a bid to help get them out of incarceration. I have been doing this even before I was crowned the Igwe. Going to visit prisoners is not really easy as you might get arrested too for no just cause. Whenever any of our brothers gets arrested, I am the first person the police will contact before they charge the person to court. I also make sure that children whose fathers were deported are well taken care of. So it is like a gospel outreach for me.

Again, the goodwill I have built over the years across several countries has positioned me to become an unofficial ambassador of some sort for our people, a bridge between the authorities of the host countries and our people, as well as a conflict resolution professional for transactions among our people. I have resolved several business disputes that would have degenerated to ugly situations. I have also provided references and guarantees for our people who want to do business with foreign companies, especially when such persons require credit facilities. So essentially, I put my integrity on the line, making it possible for our people in these nations where I have enormous influence to thrive.

1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2021
Wow..nwanne you have done well with the screenshots. You have done a pure intelligent analysis.

Anambra international airport is a pure world class facility and the international gateway to the eastern Nigeria.

God continue to bless Anambra, the light of the entire black race.

OreMI22:
What is truly amazing is that Obiano insists on the best quality international airport to bequeath his state!

No shortcuts or shoddy jobs are acceptable!

Truly, this airport should be named Chief Willie Obiano International Passenger/Cargo Airport to thank this great son of Igboland!

God bless Gov. Willie Obiano!

God bless Prof. Charles SOLUDO!

God bless Anambra State!

God bless Nigeria and give her a fair governance structure to save her from her problems!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
OMANBALA CHIEFS done and dusted , by IDE-NNAA !

If I catch anybody with that name na jail time!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
Chikeluba25:
Meet Anambra Diaspora Man of the year, The king of Six Nations

Jerome Ezeneche is the leader of Ndi Igbo in China, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. He recently won the Anambra Diaspora Person of the Year. In this Exclusive Interview with IGBERE TV, he talks about his early life and his status as Eze Ndi Igbo in six countries. Excerpts:

*WHAT WAS GROWING UP LIKE FOR YOU?*

I was born and bred at Onitsha. I lost my father Cyprian Ezeneche at a very young age. I was six , assisting my mother who ran a restaurant . I had other siblings but I was the first son and the responsibilities associated with that position are many. The death of my father made me grow up fast. I became a father figure to my younger ones, playing the role model while at the same time assisting my mother. Before his death, my father was a hardworking and successful man in his time, with houses in the village and at Onitsha where he was based. At his demise, his siblings who were his business partners kept the knowledge of my late father’s properties away from us because my mother was not literate enough to ask questions. I would later join my mother in her restaurant. I believe that contributed to the person I am today because the restaurant afforded me the opportunity to learn some culinary skills which rubbed off of what I do today.

My mother’s restaurant was located at Awada, a suburb in Onitsha and it was a very popular restaurant in those days. I was a boarder in school. During holidays, I would come back to help my mother. My experience in her restaurant and the cooking skill I learnt earned me a position as the school kitchen prefect at Abbot Boys College, Ihiala and I was in that position from class 4. It was from that class that my mother stopped paying my school fees and that was because of my position. Some parents were even paying me to help look after their wards in school and in turn took me as their own son.

Due to paucity of funds, I decided to quit further studies for business after my secondary school. I learnt baking materials trade under Mr Boniface Okwuolisa, from Ihiala. I was with Mr. Boniface before I met Cornel Tochukwu Kpajie, from Uke. Mr. Tochukwu’s boss was selling baking powder with the name ‘First Choice’ in those days. Tochukwu being an industrious fellow, learnt how to produce the baking powder and would later begin the production of his own brand and named it ‘Royal Baking Powder’. So since I was still learning the ropes in the baking materials business, Tochukwu made an offer to make me to assist in distributing the product and jumped on the offer. I did an excellent job of marketing the product.

After a while, I decided to change course and travel overseas for better opportunities. That was how we started producing Royal baking powder in China. We were also producing flavors, yeast, improver and all the baking materials. I discovered where they produce them in China and Indonesia. Today, the relationship between me and Tochukwu Kpajie is still strong. It is more like a father and son relationship. He is someone who wants me to succeed and he was instrumental to the success of my trip abroad. I was initially importing goods from China to Nigeria but when I started having challenges, I decided to set up my base outside the shores of Nigeria.

The first country I went to live in was Vietnam and from there, I moved to Thailand. I have also lived in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and China, I have visited all these countries and I have my network in those countries. The Igbo people in that region appreciate my person greatly and when they saw my leadership qualities, they decided to install me as their leader in these countries and that is the origin of the name “The King of Six Nations”. I also have my ’10-10’ restaurants in these six countries. It is adjudged one of the biggest in Asia. It was from there that I started my own farm where I cultivate our food and presently, there is no need for yam and bitter leaf importation in Thailand because we have the farm here. We also process garri and akpu. Palm fruit is here in Thailand but we process it to our taste. I am also a licensed BDC operator.

In those six Nations, our people were having too many issues. An example of such is that when our people come into the country without proper documentation, most of the times, they will be subjected to arbitrary arrest by the law enforcement agencies and they may enter another country in a bid to evade arrest and that may compound their problems. Some might have proper documentation but because of little misunderstanding between them and the Thai or Vietnamese people, the Thai people may use police to harass them. That brought about a lot of complaint, but my intervention helped to put some of these issues under control. There were times when our brother will die in a country like Laos ,but because Nigerians aren’t many there, I will have to plead with our people in China and Thailand to make contributions to send the corpse home .Our leadership has also introduced a reign of peace and curbed cult related killings in these six nations. I am also in good terms with the royal fathers in Nigeria. This is to keep them updated and also to report any issue concerning any of their persons, especially when such character proves difficult to handle.

Another thing we do is to bring our culture close to our people in the diaspora and make them have a feel of home. Cultural identity is very vital in our everyday living particularly for most of us who live abroad . And so when we come home, we learn the culture and the way things are done and then go back to teach our people in these nations our cultural practices and traditions. We also work together to help one another and lift one another up. If one of us has a problem, we all contribute to help provide solution to the person's problem. The ancient Igbo Philosophy ‘ibu anyi Danda’ and ‘nwanne di na mba’ forms the core of our activities and shapes our actions. The Igbo in those six nations have decided that they will have a caretaker administrator in each country but they will all report to me. With time, China, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia etc will have their caretaker administrators that will be in charge and they will work with me in order to pilot the affairs of our people.

*COULD YOU THROW MORE LIGHT ON 10-10 RESTAURANT?*

If you come to Asia, 10-10 restaurant is rated among the best African restaurants. When we started, we only had Nigerian customers but now we have customers from different races. When the wife of immediate past President of Nigeria, Mrs Patience Jonathan came to Thailand for an event, 10-10 restaurant was the official caterer. That event announced us and others started patronizing 10-10 restaurant for indoor and outdoor events.

*SOME NIGERIANS ARE KNOWN TO TRAVEL ABROAD AND ENGAGE IN CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES SUCH AS DRUG TRAFFICKING AND INTERNET FRAUD. WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE FOR THOSE HOPING TO GO ABROAD?*

The standard practice for anybody with the intention of relocating to a foreign country is to have a contact person that can help him or her settle down. I usually advice our brothers who intend to travel to ensure that they have such contacts. In cases where such is unavailable, most of them will become stranded and some get tempted to go into crime .

Though it is very wrong and condemnable, I don’t think we Nigerians are the only people that engage in criminal activities. But instead of crime,there are a lot immigrants can learn in a foreign country. Many are engaged in honest labour. Some teach or get engaged in sporting activities like football and boxing. If you travel to Asia, you will notice that there are a lot of Nigerian teachers and it is a lucrative job. A teacher can earn as much as 50 dollars per hour. I'm not saying we are saints but the story of few who are into crime can never be allowed to dominate the great stories of many of us who are working extremely hard to make a decent living and contribute to the economy of our host country.

*YOU WERE GIVEN THE AWARD AS ANAMBRA DIASPORAN 2020, WHICH SHOWS YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WELL-BEING OF EASTERNERS OVERSEAS. WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS YOU WOULD SAY YOU HAVE DONE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THEIR WELLBEING?*

First is what I call prison ministry. I visit our brothers in prison, help them with legal aid if need be and also help relay messages to their various families in a bid to help get them out of incarceration. I have been doing this even before I was crowned the Igwe. Going to visit prisoners is not really easy as you might get arrested too for no just cause. Whenever any of our brothers gets arrested, I am the first person the police will contact before they charge the person to court. I also make sure that children whose fathers were deported are well taken care of. So it is like a gospel outreach for me.

Again, the goodwill I have built over the years across several countries has positioned me to become an unofficial ambassador of some sort for our people, a bridge between the authorities of the host countries and our people, as well as a conflict resolution professional for transactions among our people. I have resolved several business disputes that would have degenerated to ugly situations. I have also provided references and guarantees for our people who want to do business with foreign companies, especially when such persons require credit facilities. So essentially, I put my integrity on the line, making it possible for our people in these nations where I have enormous influence to thrive.

I hate that Ezendigbo nonsense with passion! He looks like a clown. And nobody crowned him. It's utterly embarrassing. Time will come when if you didn't go through the nze na ozo rituals process and you wear a red cap you will be openly disgraced. I am speaking for Ndi Anambra specifically.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
The Umueri airport is very basic and is not world class as some would like to say. If you want to see world class look at the terminal 3 in the small island of Zanzibar, Tanzania:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uLBNjGivpM

The Umueri airport can handle one flight at a time and reminds me of a small airport I have used in the South West United States. Usually the two boarding gates alternate. One is used for arriving passengers the other for departing and they alternate this way.

Since it takes roughly 2 hours minimum for passengers to board a departing plane it means that within the Nigerian context the terminal can handle 8 flights maximum per day. With the average 737 or a220 carrying less than 180 passengers thats less than 1,500 passengers per day and the terminal is basically no different than Asaba or Enugu domestic with a xapacity of less than 500,000 passengers per year.

It remains to be seen how an airport with 500,000 passengers paying less than 5,000 each in airport revenue can sustain its operations. 2.5 billion in revenue is just not enough for an airport for operations and maintenance no matter how small. Once the euphoria dies down, the state government will be on the hook for over 1 billion in subsidy per year plus the cost of maintaining the access roads and tarmac every 15 years plus assets like fire trucks, generators, air traffic control, etc.

Considering that they are failing to maintain the few tarred roads in Awka and Onitsha they better plan to concession it out or give it to the FGN to run.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2021
No one needs your validation you demonic night owl. Anambra international airport is worldclass, I know you are very close to taking sniper, that would be good for you, because we don't care.

Demonic night owl (mktinsight) hear it once again, Anambra international airport is a world class facility and the best airport in Nigeria aside Abuja and Lagos

While the mega airport project is ongoing, our roads in our cities of Awka, Onitsha and most parts of Anambra are being maintained. We don't need your demonic validation to know that Anambra international airport is worldclass. Take back your useless sadistic input.

[s]
mktinsight:
The Umueri airport is very basic and is not world class as some would like to say. If you want to see world class look at the terminal 3 in the small island of Zanzibar, Tanzania:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_uLBNjGihe Umueri airport can handle one flight at a time and reminds me of a small airport I have used in the South West United States. Usually the two boarding gates alternate. One is used for arriving passengers the other for departing and they alternate this way.Since it takes roughly 2 hours minimum for passengers to board a departing plane it means that within the Nigerian context the terminal can handle 8 flights maximum per day. With the average 737 or a220 carrying less than 180 passengers thats less than 1,500 passengers per day and the terminal is basically no different than Asaba or Enugu domestic with a xapacity of less than 500,000 passengers per year.t remains to be seen how an airport with 500,000 passengers paying less than 5,000 each in airport revenue can sustain its operations. 2.5 billion in revenue is just not enough for an airport for operations and maintenance no matter how small. Once the euphoria dies down, the state government will be on the hook for over 1 billion in subsidy per year plus the cost of maintaining the access roads and tarmac every 15 years plus assets like fire trucks, generators, air traffic control, etcConsidering that they are failing to maintain the few tarred roads in Awka and Onitsha they better plan to concession it out or give it to the FGN to run.
[/s]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nedu05: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
OreMI22:

Truly a worldclass international airport. Cool

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (1315) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.