Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" (17571 Views)

Atiku Didn’t Deny Not Being A Nigerian By Birth - Buhari, APC Tells Tribunal / Presidency Issues Disclaimer On Buhari's 2015 Chatham House Speech / PDP Looters Funded Buhari’s 2015 Campaign– Senators, Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by metronaija3: 8:27am On Dec 21, 2017
Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai on Wednesday disputed claims that former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar was one of the major funders of President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2015 campaign.

El-Rufai who spoke on a Voice of America (VOA) Hausa Service Programme, “Democracy Today”, challenged the former Vice President to come up with evidence to prove that he donated to Buhari’s 2015 campaign, according to TheNation.

He also said Atiku left All Progressives Congress (APC) because he has seen that with Governors’ endorsement of Buhari for second term, there was no room for him to run for president.

El-Rufai said: “We in the APC were aware from the outset that Atiku was going to leave the APC back to the PDP in December and we thank God that he left in November.

“Atiku had seen that we in the APC, especially the APC governors, had resolved to support President Muhammadu Buhari to run again in 2019. That is why he left APC since he was only looking for where to contest for president.

“Even in the 2015 APC primary election, Atiku didn’t come second; he was floored by Kwankwaso. So, even if President Buhari decides not to contest, Atiku knows that the APC ticket is not sure for him. Majority of the APC governors have endorsed President Buhari as our candidate for 2019.

“And God has continued to improve the health condition of the President. Each time I see him, I thank God and I still pray that God continues to give him sound health.

“So, by 2019, we are waiting to see Atiku contest; we are waiting to contest against him and see what happens. I cannot lose sleep because Atiku wants to contest because, by God’s grace, this is the reign of President Muhammadu Buhari.

“Agreed, in politics if you lose even only one person, it should worry you, but the utterances of the former Vice President that APC used his money who did he give the money to? For me, I know those that supported us with their money and property that we used during election, and I never heard the name of Atiku that he brought a dime. If Atiku said he brought money, who did he give it to? Let him come and say it and how much did he give and what was it used for?

“And, in fact, if Atiku brought money, I ought to know, because I was part of the leadership of the party and during campaign, along with former Governor Rotimi Amaechi. We were at the centre of the presidential campaign. Therefore, we are supposed to know. So, let him mention who he gave the money and how much?

He also said only APC members who are greedy would follow Atiku to PDP.

http://www.metronaija.ng/el-rufai-atiku-didnt-spend-dime-buharis-2015-campaign/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by Papanwamaikpe: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2017
Meaning?

12 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by princechurchill(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2017
You are loosing sleep by mentioning him constantly wetin again una wan change ?

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by dukie25: 8:31am On Dec 21, 2017

71 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by benedictnsi(m): 8:32am On Dec 21, 2017
Atiku is gradually giving these gerontocratic leaders of APC sleepless nights oooo upon say he never paste any poster yet. gringringrin

Well.... Wah ever dey like, make dem talk ...... 2019 if Atiku shows up I will vote him than this APC again.....

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by three: 8:34am On Dec 21, 2017
And El-Rufai knows this because?.....

After all only those who 'invested' heavily were rewarded and Atiku is not even a mere Minister in this goverment talk more of 'part leader'.....

El-Rufai is correct QED...

NB. The QED is required after showing the working considering the normally deceitful nature of the scource

7 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by littlewonders: 8:34am On Dec 21, 2017
This short man again

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by 48noble(m): 9:19am On Dec 21, 2017
This is d reason APC will keep failing Nigerians,some believe they are more superior than others...Amaechi looted Rivers state to earn his place

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by okachie1(m): 10:38am On Dec 21, 2017
El rufai lacks class! He's totally ineptic....

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by Flexherbal(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2017
You see these politicians:

“And, in fact, if Atiku brought money, I ought to know, because I was part of the leadership of the party and during campaign, along with former Governor Rotimi Amaechi. We were at the centre of the presidential campaign. Therefore, we are supposed to know."

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by Sirpaul(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2017
who your story help

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by Forceup(f): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2017
Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by NwaAmaikpe: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2017
okachie1:
El rufai lacks class! He's totally ineptic....
shocked

You need either a new dictionary or a new English teacher because your command of syntax and vocabulary is in need.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by mccoy47(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2017
Mtcheeew
Same sh*t, different anus

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by cyojunior1(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2017
that irrational short man! who has eluded myopic brain!

the only thing he knows how to do is to sprew thrash after fucking those pantless, dirty, stinking almajiri ,fura de nunu selling girls roaming the street of kaduna looking who to fvck!

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by Bossontop(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2017
:-/
So??... how does dat stop him from delivering on his campaign promises??
Mtchwww...

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by jerryunit48: 10:53am On Dec 21, 2017
Who ask you?
Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by BruncleZuma: 10:53am On Dec 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin

But Amaechi did...

[img]https:///media/11-23-2017/jbE_To.gif[/img]

30 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by Hofbrauhaus(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2017
Seems somebody is afraid of Mazi Atiku...
Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 21, 2017
Yea! He might have spent not even a kobo, but his influence can never be denied by apc.

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by jericco1(m): 10:54am On Dec 21, 2017
I never liked this man. he's a professional sycophant.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by millionboi2: 10:54am On Dec 21, 2017
El-devil
Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by sureheaven(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2017
Atiku is a failure whether he spend billions or not. Besides whatever he spends is/was part of what he stole from the coffers of Nigeria. US embassy didn't approve his waiver to reenter the country again. Very desperate and over ambitious. The dude and his jobless ipob suppoters gat nowhere to go come 2019.

6 Likes

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by Tension532: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2017
Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by SIMPLYkush: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2017
cv
Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by apholaryn: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2017
short man devil don talk
Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by loomer: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2017
All these mumu wey no get shame.
I no know why God never destroy all of Una wey scatter this country since 1999 dey come

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by jordyspices: 10:57am On Dec 21, 2017
funny man abeg him for call like one or two names wey donate for buhari presidential election 2015

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2017
When I said in the other thread that Buhari by claiming he is not a good money maker, was actually subtly campaigning for Atiku, some people failed to see the sense in my post.

Now it is getting clearer that the Buhari team has targeted Atiku as their lesser evil. They want to promote him as the best possible alternative for reasons best known to them. For memory sake, this is what I wrote:

LoJ:
It was already obvious that President Buhari does not know how to make money. It is sad that a non economic savvy became head of state of the biggest african economy, but it is the reality, and even Thomas the Doubter will agree with this after almost 3 years of economic nonsense in Nigeria.

However, I think this declaration of Buhari is politically motivated. In my opinion, Buhari is trying to campaign for Atiku. He knows most people don't like him. By saying what he is not, people may directly look for his contrary, that is a man that is well versed in money making. At this time it is Atiku.

I can be wrong, but there is no coincidence in politics. It could well be that Buhari (or his team) have opted for Atiku as their lesser evil. I stand to be corrected though.

cc. Prophet Onatisi what ya say?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: "Atiku Didn’t Spend A Dime On Buhari’s 2015 Campaign" by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2017
Nigerian politics and stupidity cheesy

Tomorrow, atiku will come out with another statement, the useless apc will deny and the stupid pdp will support or assert it

What are your plans for Nigeria? No one cares about who spent what during the election

How is it stopping our useless petroleum marketers from hoarding fuel. angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

36 State Governors Meet In Abuja Over Bailout Fund Repayment (photos) / Laolu Akande: Osinbajo Not Involved In Auto Accident, Only Stopped To Help / Super Eagles’ Victory: Shettima Pledges Government Reward For AFCON Finalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.