Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

This Is How Access Bank Steals Your Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Is How Access Bank Steals Your Money (1039 Views)

How Access Bank And The Court Helped Me To Recover My Money From A Fraudster!!! / Tony Elumelu's Daughter, Oge, Steals The Heart Of Instagram Users / Childhood Throwback Photo Of Herbert Wigwe, CEO Of Access Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How Access Bank Steals Your Money by COdeGenesis: 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2017
Hi Nairalanders,

I just discovered this and thought I should share. For those of us who bank with access bank and use their shortcode *901# to make transactions like Bank transfer,I just noticed I am being charged 5 Naira per response. The annoying part is that I am still charged 50naira after the transaction. Access Bank are thieves.

lalaslasticlala y pay to use *901* when I am still charged 50naira after the transaction is successful
Re: This Is How Access Bank Steals Your Money by sexy74(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
that is just one of the ways, another painful one is that they will be advertising their product and be charging you for sending you SMS, the one that Pained me mist was that they wished me happy birthday and charged me for wishing me happy birthday.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Access Bank Steals Your Money by MissJoy29(f): 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
ALL banks in Nigeria are crooks. Every single one of them.
Re: This Is How Access Bank Steals Your Money by Pierohandsome: 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
sexy74:
that is just one of the ways, another painful one is that they will be advertising their product and be charging you for sending you SMS, the one that Pained me mist was that they wished me happy birthday and charged me for wishing me happy birthday.
that is their own birthday gift frm u

Re: This Is How Access Bank Steals Your Money by moiaimi(f): 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
sexy74:
same with diamond bank
Re: This Is How Access Bank Steals Your Money by JohnNgene: 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
I don't think it's the bank that's charging you that N5 (five naira) per response o! Because I also noticed the same thing while using Fidelity Bank's *770# on my Airtel line. If I don't have airtime, I won't even be able to use the code until I recharge.

I'm suspecting these our networks. They didn't used to charge before. Or is it happening on Airtel alone? I think this is a new negative development. Maybe they're trying to take undue advantage of the rise in sms banking.

(1) (Reply)

MMM Relaunches As MMM Republic / Ikeja Computer Village Makes N1.5 Billion Daily, Signs Deal With Silicon Valley / Nylon Print For All Items Packaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.