Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? (1180 Views)

Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by dalaman: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
I ask this question with all sincerity. A friend's wife died suddenly and mysteriously on Tuesday. On Sunday she complained of severe tooth ache, she was taken to a dentist who examined her on monday and the tooth was removed on Tuesday morning. She was taken back to the house, she complained of excruciating pains and died shortly after she got to the house. She's was a devoted christian. She was young (37 years old).
The way they've been going about her death bothers me. As if she's the first person to die. They don't want to accept that she's dead.

When christians announce the deaths of loved ones as a very sad demise, do they really believe that heaven and their God are real?

If heaven and their God are as real as they claim you'd expect celebrations that the late loved one just made it to the best place and best life there could ever be, you'd expect them to be happy but no, they wail, they cry, they become depressed, they feel rejected by their God etc. When their loved ones are sick instead of praying for a quick and speedy death so that their loved ones or they themselves will die and go to heaven and be with their God whom they always tell us they love endlessly, they pray for a speedy recovery instead. The always talk about heaven as the best place ever and the after life as the best life ever but they never want to die and go there. Are they doubtfull? Don't they want to go to heaven again?

Why pray for speedy recovery when sick or pray for long life here in this sinful and bad world as they claim when you can easily pray for a speedy death so that you can go and be with Jesus in heaven and enjoy the best life that there can ever be as they claim.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by SirMichael1: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2017
You fail to understand Christians. We.

When Lazarus himself died, Jesus cried for the first time. Why? He obviously didn't cry because he is gone and no one can bring him back 'cause he rose eventually.

Lazarus was a good friend to Jesus. He could have walked over to Lazarus and said those words but the humanity in him made him cry.

Often time, over time, we tend to form bonds with people we relate we. Those we call friend. Those we would give everything for but when death comes knocking and we realize that we might never see them again. It gives us this cringe, makes us want to relieve the times we shared with them and in the process.... You can't withhold the tears.. You sob, yell to God asking him why would he take him/her now when his words says you'll see your children's children and you shall not die young (or something like that).

Besides., the worst way of living this world is to go unprepared and so many Christians are guilty of this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by purem(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
They believe in heaven but théy doubt théy might not be in thé same placé with there loved ones because théy have violate there daddy's law, hoping théy Will repent before death comes.........

In thé case of that sister ï think she is going to heaven if there is really one, she must have been à good person in her life time
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by obinna58(m): 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2017
SirMichael1:

When Lazarus himself died, Jesus cried for the first time. Why? He obviously didn't cry because he is gone and no one can bring him back 'cause he rose eventually.

Lazarus was a good friend to Jesus. He could have walked over to Lazarus and said those words but the humanity in him made him cry.

Often time, over time, we tend to form bonds with people we relate we. Those we call friend. Those we would give everything for but when death comes knocking and we realize that we might never see them again. It gives us this cringe, makes us want to relieve the times we shared with them and in the process.... You can't withhold the tears.. You sob, yell to God asking him why would he take him/her now when his words says you'll see your children's children and you shall not die young (or something like that).

Besides., the worst way of living this world is to go unprepared and so many Christians are guilty of this
Oh grin even Jesus(God) cried when someone he created disappeared from temporal world to be with him forever, hImself father in heaven must have been welcoming Lazarus when himself son on earth disrupted the show

5 Likes

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
dalaman:

I ask this question with all sincerity. A friend's wife died suddenly and mysteriously on Tuesday. On Sunday she complained of server tooth ache, she was taken to a dentist who examined her on monday and the tooth was removed on Tuesday morning. She was taken back to the house, she complained of excruciating pains and died shortly after she got to the house. She's was a devoted christian. She was young (37 years old).
The way they've been going about her death bothers me. As if she's the first person to die. They don't want to accept that she's dead.

When christians announce the deaths of loved ones as a very sad demise, do they really believe that heaven and their God are real?

If heaven and their God are as real as they claim you'd expect celebrations that the late loved one just made it to the best place and best life there could be ever be, you'd expect yjem to be happy but no, they wail, they cry, they become depressed, they feel rejected by their God etc. When their loved ones are sick instead of praying for a quick and speedy death so that their loved ones or they themselves will die and go to heaven and be with their God whom they always tell us they love endlessly, they pray for a speedy recovery instead. The always talk about heaven as the best place ever and the after life as the best life ever but they never want to die and go there. Are they doubtfull? Don't they want to go to heaven again?

Why pray for speedy recovery when sick or pray for long life here in this sinful and bad world as they claim when you can easily pray for a speedy death so that you can go and be with Jesus in heaven and enjoy the best life that there can ever be as they claim.
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2017

YOU'LL NEVER FULLY UNDERSTAND THESE CHRISTIANS...

I SPEND MY TIME DRINKING BEER INSTEAD OF HAVING THESE SORT OF DISCUSSIONS. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by hopefulLandlord: 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2017
Dalaman needs holy spirit to understand

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by SirMichael1: 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
obinna58:

Oh grin even Jesus(God) cried when someone he created disappeared from temporal world to be with him forever, hImself father in heaven must have been welcoming Lazarus when himself son on earth disrupted the show

Nice try at sarcasm. Nice one but I ain't joking with these stuffs undecided
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by obinna58(m): 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
SirMichael1:

Nice try at sarcasm. Nice one but I ain't joking with these stuffs undecided
Isn't that true
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by hakeem4(m): 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Dalaman needs holy spirit to understand
he works in a mysterious way, dalaman wisdom is just like foolishness in the sight of god” grin
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by hopefulLandlord: 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
hakeem4:
he works in a mysterious way, dalaman wisdom is just like foolishness in the sight of god” grin

thank you, our god is not mocked, Dalaman is using his carnal mind to interpret the word of our god and this is the source of his confusion

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by Ranchhoddas: 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2017
I don't know how you guys do it. I find it difficult (sadistic even) to see real-life unfortunate situations as avenues to mock the religious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by Seun(m): 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I don't know how you guys do it. I find it difficult (sadistic even) to see real-life unfortunate situations as avenues to mock the religious.
Unless the OP repeats what he said here to the bereaved parties, it won’t hurt them. He questioned their behavior, but I don’t think he mocked them.

I’d like to have the medical explanation for the death of the lady, so it won’t have to happen to me or anyone I know.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by SirMichael1: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
purem:
They believe in heaven but théy doubt théy might not be in thé same placé with there loved ones because théy have violate there daddy's law, hoping théy Will repent before death comes.........

In thé case of that sister ï think she is going to heaven if there is really one, she must have been à[b] good person in her life time[/b]

Going to heaven as a christian has nothing to do with being good or evil/bad.
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by oyetpel(m): 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
SirMichael1:

Even Jesus didn't want to die again, when his flesh dey do him somehow.
It is human instinct and affection of losing someone close to them.
Did the OP expect them to be jubilating because the person will enter heaven? Its affection. Anywhere there is death, you don't expect jubilation.

Stupid reasoning OP.
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by dalaman: 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
oyetpel:

Even Jesus didn't want to die again, when his flesh dey do him somehow.
It is human instinct and affection of losing someone close to them.
Did the OP expect them to be jubilating because the person will enter heaven? Its affection. Anywhere there is death, you don't expect jubilation.

Stupid reasoning OP.

Islamic terrorist jubilate when someone dies. In fact they happily kill themselves because of Islam based on the belief that they are going to the best place ever to life the best life ever. They truly believe and follow their belief to the end. They celebrate those that go on suicide missions, they don't cry over them but celebrate their death because they truly believe they went to a better place. So your statement there I shouldn't expect jubilation anywhere there is death is false.

Islamic radicals celebrate the deaths of their foot soldiers, they don't mourn or cry over their deaths.

3 Likes

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by oyetpel(m): 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
dalaman:

Islamic terrorist jubilate when someone dies. In fact they happily kill themselves because of Islam based on the belief that they are going to the best place ever to life the best life ever. They truly believe and follow their belief to the end. They celebrate those that go on suicide missions, they don't cry over them but celebrate their death because they truly believe they went to a better place. So your statement there I shouldn't expect jubilation anywhere there is death is false.

Islamic radicals celebrate the deaths of their foot soldiers, they don't mourn or cry over their deaths.

And you think terrorists are sane?

Do you support terrorism?

As far as i can tell, true Muslims condemns terrorism, saying Islam is not violence.

So you using terrorists to justify jubilation of death in a religion thread. ion knw wat ta say, keep reasoning this way, it's good for you.
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by dalaman: 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2017
oyetpel:

And you think terrorists are sane?

Do you support terrorism?

As far as i can tell, true Muslims condemns terrorism, saying Islam is not violence.

So you using terrorists to justify jubilation of death in a religion thread. ion knw wat ta say, keep reasoning this way, it's good for you.

Terrorist are true belevers. They truly believe in what they claim their religion tells them. They happily die for their course of belief.

I don't support terrorism, am just showing you examples of people that truly act according to their beliefs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by oyetpel(m): 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
dalaman:

Terrorist are true belevers. They truly believe in what they claim their religion tells them. They happily die for their course of belief.

I don't support terrorism, am just showing you examples of people that truly act according to their beliefs.

I can't believe what you are spewing bringing terrorism to this discourse.
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2017
This basis of this topic has to be the biggest joke of the year . Right behind is that the UK tampered with its alliance with America by voting against Jerusalem being the capital of Israel during voting at the UN today after Trump severely warned America's allies that they are being watched carefully .
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by purem(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
SirMichael1:

Going to heaven as a christian has nothing to do with being good or evil/bad.

Then heaven is shiit

And GOD is à fool
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by SirMichael1: 11:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
purem:

Then heaven is shiit

And GOD is à fool

You're beyond salivage. Remain in your ignorance while you rot away for your folly. Your scriptings, I pray, doesn't get used against you.

Peace.
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by purem(m): 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
SirMichael1:

You're beyond salivage. Remain in your ignorance while you rot away for your folly. Your scriptings, I pray, doesn't get used against you.

Peace.

Are ü sûre u'r goin to heaven

Instead of ü to try and win my soul, u'r busy cursing me

We are goin to hell togeda wink

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by SirMichael1: 12:09am On Dec 22, 2017
purem:

Are ü sûre u'r goin to heaven

Instead of ü to try and win my soul, u'r busy cursing me

We are goin to hell togeda wink

I win only what is important. You're useless! Utterly useless!

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by dalaman: 3:00am On Dec 22, 2017
oyetpel:

I can't believe what you are spewing bringing terrorism to this discourse.

Just giving you an example of people that truly believe and practice what they preach. Christians always tell us that this life is shit, they constantly remind us that there is the best life ever after we die, but they never want to die. Terrorist tell us the best life exist after death and are always willing to die to show that they truly believe in what they preach. Christians preach it but their actions is always contrary to what they preach.
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by Niflheim(m): 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2017
@Dalaman,

I am so sorry about your friend's wife.
Re: Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? by dalaman: 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2017
Niflheim:
@Dalaman,

I am so sorry about your friend's wife.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

The TRUTH That Will Set You Free (john 8:32) / Are Demons Not Really Feeding On You? / Jesus Is Not God! Romans 3:4 Kjv Let God Be True, But Every Man A Liar;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.