Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital (51611 Views)

Czech Republic Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of The State Of Israel / Full Text Of Trumps Speech Recognizing Jerusalem As Israel's Capital (Video, Pic / Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
This vote won't change anything. US has vetoed the main vote in the UN Security Council.
Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel for centuries and will remain so despite the Arab world using oil money to instigate hate and aggression against Israel.

5 Likes

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Oju4190: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
His only 4% of Isreal population dat ar christians.The remaining 96% is divided between Judaism and Muslims. In other word Judaism does not believe in Jesus Christ. Dey believe dat he is a very poor false Prophet. The Muslim believe dat Jesus is a prophet but he is not the son of God. So I wonder why Christians are so belt in defending Isreal when she does not even believe in the doctrine of ur So called Jesus Christ.

7 Likes

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by chloride6: 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
rusher14:

Name the countries in Africa that cannot survive without aid?

Tell me you are more understanding of their dependence than their diplomats and respective government which chose to overrule the US.

Even if we skip the aid ssue, are we going to skip the world bank?

A lot of people need American money.

Remember we derecognized Taiwans status when we needed Chinese money grin

The truth is that the US had it's tentacles far and wide. If you doubt me, remember the AU vote on Libya.

We are still silently suffering for our homosexuality law, as the US won't sell us weapons.

Anybody who neglects the US does so at his own peril.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ayomideen:

Jerusalem actually belongs to Palestine
They don't know left to me east Jerusalem should be given to the Palestinians while west Jerusalem be given the Jews there is love in sharing.

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by StTrump: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
blingxx:

FYI the Arab got nothing to do with this... Go and fight UN grin
I careless for their feelings. Whether the UN likes it or not Trump will achieve his objectives.

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
What is U.N? U.N that only consist of 5 permanent members and they all can veto whatever they want. Abeg. U.N is kangaroo organization. Wasnt the U.N resolution for the U.S not to go to Irag and Afghanistan? Didnt U.S still call their bluff. What pains me the most is that African countries are part of that useless organization. Let us focus on our African Union abeg.

2 Likes

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by 36pripa(m): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
The only thing I understand about this squabble for ownership for Jerusalem is because of it's religious relevance and the revenues accruing to it from pilgrimage. I believe that Trump, Isreal and Palestine should find better ways to solve this imbroglio.
Besides, I won't take sides on this issue because I may be biased in my judgement.
Let the historians roll out their scrolls and books, all I want is PEACE#.

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by nextstep(m): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
deleted... I don't like to comment on these sensitive matters
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by BabaO2: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
This is rubbish, I thought UN is made of intelligent people, not knowing it is an organization full of Islamic apologists. But all Islamic countries came together and declared eastern Jerusalem as Palestinian headquarters, what can UN say about that? Trump is the best president US/world has ever had. He used this point as his election campaign, so why won't he fulfill it?

7 Likes

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ttipsy(f): 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2017
but Jerusalem had being the capital of Israel for decades... so what's the fight for

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Befii: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
Big mistake. US is no match against my almighty Russia or China. Even small Vietnam defeated them.

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Keneeby(m): 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
Buhari why? Why did you vote against Trump? 3rd World War loaded. Jesus please come quick let me go heaven.

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
uvalued:
Casted trump won't bulge
Trump was bulging when he grabbed those hot chicks by the...but he definitely won't budge on Israel
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by hidhrhis(m): 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
Forumine:
Nobody fights with Isreal and win, It is written. USA and Israel are allies, Lucky for them. Looking like the third world war already.
cry
u better don't quote rubbish don't u know who is against isreal?
mad man trump
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by engrchykae(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
rusher14:
Let him fight with 128 countries.
the united states and Israel are the true powers that be,others are spectators.

3 Likes

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by otokx(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
Non binding resolution sounds like an exercise in futility.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Paulosky1900: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I just got a business idea from you,thanks for the idea. Printing of T.shirts on my mind,aba market here I come

sharp guy,you must be an igbo guy ride on bro, i wish you success
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by BeijinDossier: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
We are with Trump on this. Jerusalem is the capital o Israel.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
Say's who the biblical Israel people are called Israelites these present ones are called the israeli's this current Israel was made a state on the 14th of may 1948.Google it.Jerusalem is also sensitive to the Palestinians and not only the jews.
Originality007:
UN is just a joker, Jerusalem will remain the capital if Israel....
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by nextstep(m): 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
deleted... I don't like to comment on these sensitive matters
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
We can't just wait for him to get out.
Bolster:

Trump won't be US President for life. He will only be there for 4 years. After that it is back to sense and normalcy again.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
Simple:
Mecca for Muslims. Non-Muslims arent even allowed into that city.
Jerusalem should be declared a Jewish holy land. Clearly one religion has to compromise.

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by hopilo: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
Resolution not binding on US. In other words it's as good as rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Keneeby(m): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
Shame to UN. Palestinians are land grabbers they should evacuate Jerusalem with immediate effect. Palestinians the land thieves.

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by datribune: 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2017
Built2last:

Who decides if it's same Israel God gave Jerusalem. You or God. The covenant of God with the fathers of Israel is an everlasting covenant. Not you will convince God otherwise

The whole book of revelation is littered with God's plan for Israel as the end approaches.

How is this kind of reasoning that supports a Zionist, apartheid entity in order to fulfill prophesy different frm that of ISIS or d Boko boys who claim to kill innocent people & illegally annex land as fulfillment of of d will of their God?.
A real Christian can never support d Zionist, racist nation of Israel which according to Bishop Desmond Tutu is worse than apartheid south Africa. Just d other day, d Pope joined d rest of d civilized world to condemn trump's action which has nothing to do wit Christianity but wit d illegal occupation of indigenous Palestinian land by Zionist settlers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by nextstep(m): 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
Keneeby:
Shame to UN. Palestinians are land grabbers they should evacuate Jerusalem with immediate effect. Palestinians the land thieves.

Like the Europeans who grabbed the lands that are now Canada, USA, Mexico, Brazil, etc... bah?
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
Oju4190:
His only 4% of Isreal population dat ar christians.The remaining 96% is divided between Judaism and Muslims. In other word Judaism does not believe in Jesus Christ. Dey believe dat he is a very poor false Prophet. The Muslim believe dat Jesus is a prophet but he is not the son of God. So I wonder why Christians are so belt in defending Isreal when she does not even believe in the doctrine of ur So called Jesus Christ.
By your logic neither Jews nor Muslims believe that Jesus is God incarnate. You ask the rationale for Christian support of Israel...to expound, why support Israel over Muslims when neither of them share the same beliefs as Christians? Answer is quite simple....supporting Islam is like supporting nuclear waste to be dumped in your backyard....it will ultimately kill you.

6 Likes

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Eke40seven(m): 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Say's who the biblical Israel people are called Israelites these present ones are called the israeli's this current Israel was made a state on the 14th of may 1948.Google it.Jerusalem is also sensitive to the Palestinians and not only the jews.
What dumb assertions about "Israelites' and 'Isrealis'. Do you ever check the etymology to look at the evolution of the word? Do you know that the suffix, "lites" was used in the older English language to describe people of a particular land in General especially in the Bible? Like the Edomites, Moabites, etc, a pattern which changed for the modern day description of the people of Israel?
Nigerians make so many dumb assertions on what things do neither know a hoot nor research about.

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by leye4u: 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ayomideen:

Jerusalem actually belongs to Palestine
Even the name Jerusalem na hebrew
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
datribune:
d right decision
While Trump, the "p*ssy grabber" is just playing politics by energizing his political base of Evangelicals in d USA, Netanyahu is a dangerous & dishonest right wing zionist extremist who does not believe in peace. He had to resign his appointment as finance Minister in protest to Sharon's giving back of Gaza to d Palestinians in furtherance of d 2-state solution & peace.

As an enlightened Christian, i realize dat d Israel to whom God gave d land is not the same nation dat we call Israel today. God gave the land to a people united to him by a solemn covenant ( Ex. 19-20 ). The present state of Israel is a state that does not recognize d God of d Bible as its supreme Lord. These unbelieving Jews hav been broken off frm dis covenant for in their unbelief they regard Christianity as idolatry & Jesus as a false prophet who came to turn humanity away frm God.

Easy on the lies...

You are not a Christian...

4 Likes

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by dotbaba86(m): 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
I kn is in guys blood...Awon Omo luciferiii
datribune:
d right decision
While Trump, the "p*ssy grabber" is just playing politics by energizing his political base of Evangelicals in d USA, Netanyahu is a dangerous & dishonest right wing zionist extremist who does not believe in peace. He had to resign his appointment as finance Minister in protest to Sharon's giving back of Gaza to d Palestinians in furtherance of d 2-state solution & peace.

As an enlightened Christian, i realize dat d Israel to whom God gave d land is not the same nation dat we call Israel today. God gave the land to a people united to him by a solemn covenant ( Ex. 19-20 ). The present state of Israel is a state that does not recognize d God of d Bible as its supreme Lord. These unbelieving Jews hav been broken off frm dis covenant for in their unbelief they regard Christianity as idolatry & Jesus as a false prophet who came to turn humanity away frm God.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ayomideen(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
bluetrails7:

Indeed, is Palestine a country? A geographical region ?

Dude,that statement is referring to Israel

Israel has been forcefully claiming lands belonging to Palestinians for many many years

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin Accused Of Taking Muscle-Boosting Steroids (Photos) / Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign / Israeli Navy Unit Shooting Hamas Terrorists At Sea (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.