Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? (3794 Views)

Please Which NEW Laptop Should I Go For? / New Laptop For Sale / NEW LAPTOP ARRIVALS. THREAD UPDATED!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Hmm for 100? Can you recommend any product you have found for this price.

I know how searching your a laptop can be. I got a new laptop this year Acer's Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM. Mehn the struggle was real, i searched for over a month.

I was just looking for an affordable laptop with keyboard backlight and good specs, omo i couldn’t get any with sensible specs for anything less than 240k.

Anyways i also share your bias regarding fairly used laptops but its better and safer if you know the history of the laptop eg buying from the initial owner directly instead of Computer village boys.

Remember once you buy a brand new laptop immediately you pay for it, 50% of the value you paid for it is lost automatically. You don’t even have to wait 3 months lol.

And that 240k you pasted here is a blatant lie....you were probably going for high end specs.

The specs I pasted here has a link which directs to Jumia and the laptop goes for about 170k with specs that are quite okay for me.

Stop exaggerating things just to prove a point. You ain't talking to a neophyte.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Hmm brand new for 100k? Please lets know the product and spec, you finally settle for.

Just an advise though, you have the final say; we are in 2017 don't buy a Celeron with a merger 1.6Ghz processor.

BoboKush you may give him a trial...but for a corei5 at 80k and you said you bought the laptop 240k...

That's a ridiculously huge cut off from the price, I'll be cautious if I'm the buyer.

All thay glitters isn't gold....make pesin no go buy 80k kpangolo cheesy
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Hmm for 100? Can you recommend any product you have found for this price.

I know how searching your a laptop can be. I got a new laptop this year Acer's Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM. Mehn the struggle was real, i searched for over a month.

I was just looking for an affordable laptop with keyboard backlight and good specs, omo i couldn’t get any with sensible specs for anything less than 240k.

Anyways i also share your bias regarding fairly used laptops but its better and safer if you know the history of the laptop eg buying from the initial owner directly instead of Computer village boys.

Remember once you buy a brand new laptop immediately you pay for it, 50% of the value you paid for it is lost automatically. You don’t even have to wait 3 months lol.

You've finally succeeded in making me change my mind now with the ACER you pasted above.

Now I gat my eyes on this...

https://www./acer-es1-572-3729nxgqaa.006intel-core-i3-7100u-1tb-harddrive-6gb-ram-webcam-blutooth-15.6wxga-win10-with-16gb-flash-8938864.html
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

And that 240k you pasted here is a blatant lie....you were probably going for high end specs.

The specs I pasted here has a link which directs to Jumia and the laptop goes for about 170k with specs that are quite okay for me.

Stop exaggerating things just to prove a point. You ain't talking to a neophyte.

Apparently i didn’t know know that keyboard backlight was classified as high-end tins oo.

Na the keyboard backlight hijack the price.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

BoboKush you may give him a trial...but for a corei5 at 80k and you said you bought the laptop 240k...

That's a ridiculously huge cut off from the price, I'll be cautious if I'm the buyer.

BoboKush:

I understand your skepticism, i’m ready to take an escrow arrangement. The product is what i say it is and it is fully functional. If it wasn’t I would have gone with guys that keep offering btw 55-70k but i know 80k is a fantastic deal for its Specs.

Confession: I have tried selling it in Computer Village before, after assessment the guy agreed 75k. I told him to bring cash, na so me and the guy dey waka-waka from shop to shop that he want to see some people lol. That experience deterred me from Computer Village boys. Apparently they just clean it, repackage and sell for about 145k.

Business laptops are quite expensive, you can check if you have evidence otherwise please don’t hesitate to come here and shame me.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

You've finally succeeded in making me change my mind now with the ACER you pasted above.

Now I gat my eyes on this...

https://www./acer-es1-572-3729nxgqaa.006intel-core-i3-7100u-1tb-harddrive-6gb-ram-webcam-blutooth-15.6wxga-win10-with-16gb-flash-8938864.html

Hehehe your mind is still wavering like the sea.

Take this approach instead, i listed everything i wanted to see and was specific starting with the highest priority. for me; keyboard backlight, intel Core i3 processor, 1TB HD were top of the list.. down to the connection ports. Be sure you write everything you need.

Secondly, what is your budget. With combination of Specs and price you should get the product you would settle with. I bought my laptop in February this year. There was dollar crisis, so prices were hijacked. It was expensive then btw 245 -270k.

My budget was 200k but i still bought it. How did i do it?, you can send me a PM for details. I succeeded in cutting about 40k off the lowest price in Naija cool It doesn’t always work but its not a bad option to consider.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

I understand your skepticism, i’m ready to take an escrow arrangement. The product is what i say it is and it is fully functional. If it wasn’t I would have gone with guys that keep offering btw 55-70k but i know 80k is super fair to these Specs naa.

Confession: I have tried selling it in Computer Village before, after assessment the guy agreed 75k. I told him to bring cash, na so me and the guy dey waka-waka from shop to shop that he want to see some people lol. That experience deterred me from Computer Village boys. Apparently they just clean it, repackage and sell for about 145k.

Business laptops are quite expensive, you can check if you have evidence otherwise please don’t hesitate to come here and shame me.

They can only sell that laptop with a worn off mousepad to a mugu for 145k.
All the best tho.... I've finally settled down for the ACER you pasted earlier. I choose a full HD display picture over the Touchscreen that Dell offers...Dell's resolution isn't that super...I need something bright.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Apparently i didn’t know know that keyboard backlight was classified as high-end tins oo.

Na the keyboard backlight hijack the price.

Are you aware this brand new DELL I pasted up here has Keyboard backlight and even LED light and yet it ls going for 167k and you're saying someone's own is 240k...

I've done my research on Google and I've compared & contrasted the features and price, ACER seems to be a better option than Dell here and they come for $350 convert that to Naira and tell me where you're getting your 240k from for the cheapest above specs.

Guy just calm down.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Hehehe your mind is still wavering like the sea.

Take this approach instead, i listed everything i wanted to see and was specific starting with the highest priority. for me; keyboard backlight, intel Core i3 processor, 1TB HD were top of the list.. down to the connection ports. Be sure you write everything you need.

Secondly, what is your budget. With combination of Specs and price you should get the product you would settle with. I bought my laptop in February this year. There was dollar crisis, so prices were hijacked. It was expensive then btw 245 -270k.

My budget was 200k but i still bought it. How did i do it?, you can send me a PM for details. I succeeded in cutting about 40k off the lowest price in Naija cool It doesn’t always work but its not a bad option to consider.

My bro I don't need to send you any PM, open the link I pasted here that directs to Jumia and see the specs and price there for yourself.

I'm sorry if you had to spend more around February this yearbut except you tell me Jumia sells refurbished laptops as brand new then I don't see what you are trying to prove. Thanks for your inputs tho....
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

They can only sell that laptop with a worn off mousepad to a mugu for 145k.
All the best tho.... I've finally settled down for the ACER you pasted earlier. I choose a full HD display picture over the Touchscreen that Dell offers...Dell's resolution isn't that super...I need something bright.

You know nothing sir lol. With 2k you can respray the whole laptop grin its the paint that is worn-out, get a professional to give you a new coat of paint and you would be screaming “Wawu”.

The Full HD is truly bright, but the screen of mine is not glossy though. I still like it, whether its me playing me “one-piece” or watching a movie, the rich colors are noticeable.

Touchscreen? Expect you are the careful type. For me I usually stay away from things that are too sensitive.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Are you aware this brand new DELL I pasted up here has Keyboard backlight and even LED light and yet it ls going for 167k and you're saying someone's own is 240k...

I've done my research on Google and I've compared & contrasted the features and price, ACER seems to be a better option than Dell here and they come for $350 convert that to Naira and tell me where you're getting your 240k from for the cheapest above specs.

Guy just calm down.

Oga you are quoting prices from Acer and Dell site. Shipping and Custom duty is not free sir.

The dell doesn’t have keyboard backlight, paste a direct link to the product on Jumia website here.

And its a big YES!, some sellers pass refurbished as brand new on Jumia that why i stop buying from them cuz it was too rampant for my liking. Quote me anywhere.

I would advise you to open your two eyes if you have to buy from there. The best option is letting your two legs carry you to a verified store sir.

You don’t have to take my advise, after all its your money.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

You know nothing sir lol. With 2k you can respray the whole laptop grin its the paint that is worn-out, get a professional to give you a new coat of paint and you would be screaming “Wawu”.

The Full HD is truly bright, but the screen of mine is not glossy though. I still like it, whether its me playing me “one-piece” or watching a movie, the rich colors are noticeable.

Touchscreen? Expect you are the careful type. For me I usually stay away from things that are too sensitive.

Thank God I created this topic, won't have known this ACER model existed....it's Jumia I'm waiting for now cos I'm not sure if I can get a brand new of this Laptop in Kano State.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Thank God I created this topic, won't have known this ACER model existed....it's Jumia I'm waiting for now cos I'm not sure if I can get a brand new of this Laptop in Kano State.

No wonder, i rest my case.

I had a fun time ranting on your trend though.

Goodluck
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Oga you are quoting prices from Acer and Dell site. Shipping and Custom duty is not free sir.

The dell doesn’t have keyboard backlight, paste a direct link to the product on Jumia website here.

And its a big YES!, some sellers pass refurbished as brand new on Jumia that why i stop buying from them cuz it was too rampant for my liking. Quote me anywhere.

I would advise you to open your two eyes if you have to buy from there. The best option is letting your two legs carry you to a verified store sir.

You don’t have to take my advise, after all its your money.

Here you go...

https://www./dell-inspiron-15-7th-gen-intel-core-i3-2.4-ghz-6gb-ram-1tb-hdd-15.6-inch-windows-10-black-6683062.html

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Lol.... Give him a trial with 100k I manage to raise
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

No wonder, i rest my case.

I had a fun time ranting on your trend though.

Goodluck

I would have kept quiet and allowed you wallow in your ignorance. You'll think anyone staying in the North is definitely from the North or prolly knows nothing at all.

The same reason i left Lagos cos its full of ignorant yet arrogant individuals who can't see beyond their nose, which is why you can't pay attention to details otherwise you'll have gotten a better deal isn't of the rip off that was sold to you.

And yes you were just ranting, my reply is for the unsuspecting and the objective & competent techheads to share their POV not short-sighted folks like you who are yet to realize the globe is now connected and you can be in a jungle and still be well informed than you who carries a 240k laptop but probably doesn't know what it's used for hence wants to sell it 80k...I laff.

Them go dey South dey form, yet no money for theor hand, we wey we come North we mumu ko?

Kontinuu looking for who to buy your 80k laptop atleast I've given good traffic cheesy
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2017
BoboKush:

Make him no say I no epp hin ministry oh cheesy
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

You mean you saw a 2.6Ghz processor for 100k? Then that can't be brand new, it's definitely fairly used, London used or refurbished.

It nt refurbished
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Here you go...

https://www./dell-inspiron-15-7th-gen-intel-core-i3-2.4-ghz-6gb-ram-1tb-hdd-15.6-inch-windows-10-black-6683062.html

Lol it doesn’t have “keyboard backlight” sir.

Keyboard backlight is when your keyboard has lights underneath to laminate the characters in the dark.

That description is referring to the screen Sir not the keyboard.

If you see a laptop with atleast an intel core i3 and a “keyboard backlight” for less than 200k. Please let me know, i would be interested too

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
BoboKush:

Atleast hin don tin sey I be Kano born & bred cos I tell am my location, for hin tiny mind na Kano boy I be so oh and I never see Lagos before....Lagos wey dey stink like gutter just get hype, na soso suffer dey there with wayo people lurking in every corner.

I only come to ball in Lagos, I can't work in Lagos, from underpay to over work to owing salaries.

Useless place that's only good for Brothels na hin Lagos be cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

Lol it doesn’t have “keyboard backlight” sir.

Keyboard backlight is when your keyboard has lights underneath to laminate the characters in the dark.

That description is referring to the screen Sir not the keyboard.

If you see a laptop with atleast an intel core i3 and a “keyboard backlight” for less than 200k. Please let me know, i would be interested too

Oh thay was actually an oversight then....

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Atleast hin don tin sey I be Kano born & bred cos I tell am my location, for hin tiny mind na Kano boy I be so oh and I never see Lagos before....Lagos wey dey stink like gutter just get hype, na soso suffer dey there with wayo people lurking in every corner.

I only come to ball in Lagos, I can't work in Lagos, from underpay to over work to owing salaries.

Apostle must hear this..... Na my Lagos u spoil like this ���.... Oya recommend hp laptop around 100k for me
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by BoboKush(m): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Na ma Lagos u abuse like this..... Apostle must hear this.... Oya recommend hp laptop for me na around 100k max
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

I would have kept quiet and allowed you wallow in your ignorance. You'll think anyone staying in the North is definitely from the North or prolly knows nothing at all.

The same reason i left Lagos cos its full of ignorant yet arrogant individuals who can't see beyond their nose, which is why you can't pay attention to details otherwise you'll have gotten a better deal isn't of the rip off that was sold to you.

And yes you were just ranting, my reply is for the unsuspecting and the objective & competent techheads to share their POV not short-sighted folks like you who are yet to realize the globe is now connected and you can be in a jungle and still be well informed than you who carries a 240k laptop but probably doesn't know what it's used for hence wants to sell it 80k...I laff.

Them go dey South dey form, yet no money for theor hand, we wey we come North we mumu ko?

Kontinuu looking for who to buy your 80k laptop atleast I've given good traffic cheesy

You and i would agree the laptop i posted here wasn't a rip-off.

I don’t sell gadgets mind you, i opened this moniker to sell a Harddisk I bought for a friend because we ended up not needing it. I love the moniker so i stuck with it. By the grace of God i am very much more comfortable than you think

I didn’t post any insult regarding you living in Kano sir. If you took it the wrong way, i am sorry. My bad.

I see no reason for ill intent on social media, its not necessary. Please have a good day.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

You and i would agree the laptop i posted here wasn't a rip-off.

I don’t sell gadgets mind you, i opened this moniker to sell a Harddisk I bought for a friend but we ended up not needing it. I love the moniker so i stuck it. By the grace of God i am very much more comfortable than you think

I didn’t post any insult regarding you living in Kano sir. If you took it the wrong way, i am sorry. My bad.

I see no reason for ill intent on social media, its not necessary. Please have a good day.

Highlighted Kano and replied with no wonder cos you prolly weren't expecting the response I gave you...now trying to control the damage done after an eye-opener.

Insulting Kano is none of my business but trying to do that in relation to me is where I'll reply you...Kano ain't my state so it got nothing on me, Lagos Island born & bred, work brought us here but I won't hesitate to say Lagos remains a piece and a pile of sh!t.

Be gone for good 2faced man and Goodluck with your 80k laptop.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Highlighted Kano and replied with no wonder cos you prolly weren't expecting the response I gave you...now trying to control the damage done after an eye-opener.

Insulting Kano is none of my business but trying to do that in relation to me is where I'll reply you...Kano ain't my state so it got nothing on me, Lagos Island born & bred, work brought us here but I won't hesitate to say Lagos remains a piece and a pile of sh!t.

Be gone for good 2faced man and Goodluck with your 80k laptop.

There was no damage done. Its all in your mind lol.

Why you are emphasizing the state is beyond me but I support your assertion

Please find it in your heart to accept my apology. God bless you.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

There was no damage done. Its all in your mind lol.

Why you are emphasizing the state is beyond me but I support your assertion grin

Please find it in your heart to accept my apology. God bless you.

You need his blessings more than I do to heal your Myopia & to help to stop deceiving yourself.cheesy
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

Oh thay was actually an oversight then....

This is the path to enlightenment, we admit when we are wrong, learn a new thing and move on to greater things.

For the record, all i have typed on this trend is true.

I apologize once again for any perceived insult.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

This is the path to enlightenment, we admit when we are wrong, learn a new thing and move on to greater things.

For the record, i have typed on this trend is true.

I apologize once again for any perceived insult.

You don't need to tell me but tell yourself that, only a mature individual sees error and corrects it immediately, even though your statement on Kano was myopic it still doesn't stop me from learning from you cos no one knows it all.

It's left to you to continue saying "no wonder" to everyone living in Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Sokoto etc who you have a discussion with. Until the day you successfully make a fooool of yourself.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

You don't need to tell me but tell yourself that, only a mature individual sees error and corrects it immediately, even though your statement on Kano was myopic it still doesn't stop me from learning from you cos no one knows it all.

It's left to you to continue saying "no wonder" to everyone living in Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Sokoto etc who you have a discussion with. Until the day you successfully make a fooool of yourself.

I would never say “No wonder” again.

Please avoid buying from Jumia, the risk is high smiley
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by lebete3000: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2017
Harddiskng:

I would never say “No wonder” again. grin

Please avoid buying from Jumia, the risk is high smiley

So I should buy from who then? Maybe I'll check out GAME at Ado Bayer Mall.
Re: Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? by Harddiskng(m): 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2017
lebete3000:

So I should buy from who then? Maybe I'll check out GAME at Ado Bayer Mall.

Gadgets are more expensive in other parts of Nigeria than Lagos no doubt about that.

Yes, you can check out stores. When you get there tell the sales attendant to get off your back cool scrutinize the Specs of the desired laptop for as long as possible. If there is any defect you can always stroll into the same store, shouting “Where is the manager!!” grin

Second option, this is what I usually do. Found out the lowest price in Naija and the cost of product plus shipping after conversion. If it favors you ship it.

Depending on the foreign site you buying from, wait patiently for promo periods grin (eg 50% off). Get the desired laptop from the official site if you can using “Mall for Africa” or any shipping partner you trust.

Option two has become a sort of habit for me, even upto socks and inner wear, i ship am lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Normal Or Mini Laptop: Which One Is Better? / Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? / Cost Of A Dell Laptop Screen And Where To Fix It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.