Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,517 members, 7,865,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos (918 Views)

Abia Rice Farmers To Otti: Place Your Order & We Will Supply You With Abia Rice / DSS Storms Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's House (Photos) / Alex Otti, "Are You For Real?" By Enyinnaya Appolos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by kcmichael: 7:57am On Dec 22, 2017
The Okezie Ikpeazu led Administration in Abia State will not tell lies for any reason. Not even the provocation of some of our brothers and sisters, who are politically desperate, using all kinds propaganda against our dear state will make us tell Abians lies.
We owe it as a duty to Ndi Abia to tell them the truth at all times.

It is a matter of deliberate policy.

When we began the campaign for “Abia rice” last year, we told our people that they will eat much more Abia rice this year. Of course that was not to say we have not been eating it, we have, but on a smaller scale.

This year, 2017 we have gone many steps further to ensure we have more Abia rice at our homes as a replacement for imported rice.

Recall that after he was sworn in as Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu vowed not to eat foreign rice in order to support local producers and preserve forex for the country.

Abia rice fields are as old as the state itself, or even older. What has changed is that while previous governments didn’t think it was necessary to pay close attention to rice farming, the Ikpeazu administration, that deliberately included agriculture among its pillars of development, prioritized and mainstreamed rice farming by paying close attention to related activities that will yield higher rice production in the state.

It should be noted that the same model of support was extended to producers of made in Aba brands.

Before Governor Ikpeazu came, our people have been manufacturing all kinds of products at Aba, Umuahia and other towns. Aba did not become the “Japan of Africa” in 2015. Even the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbanjo, publicly acknowledged the status of Aba as the SME capital of Nigeria. That didn’t just happen, the public acknowledgement of what was already known by many for years happened because Governor Ikpeazu is doing something that others failed to do.

Abia State Government does not own any shoe factory in Aba or elsewhere in the state. But the state under Ikpeazu is interested in seeing Abia artisans and creative hands prosper in Abia and the best way to go about it remains to assist them with necessary support such as publicity, recognition, encouragement and easier access to funds and markets for their products.

The Governor described that philosophy as “spreading prosperity through active support to our people who are willing to work”

Like the Made in Aba campaign, which targets our people at Aba and their businesses, the Abia Rice campaign also targets our people in rice producing communities in Abia north and central senatorial zones of the state.

In all, we want to create jobs for our people. We want to grow our economy as a state and increase both the state’s and individual incomes.

So instead of being used as an agent of destruction, join in the campaign for the quick emergence of a productive and industrial Abia where food and employment will be available to all.

Shout it everywhere you go, Abia rice is really real.

Enyinnaya Appolos is the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and he wrote from Umuahia

1 Like

Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2017
Show me the bags of rice or shut up
Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by LionDeLeo: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2017
What the fvck. Rice that can't feed a single ward.

They should eat their rice and stop trying hard to prove relevant.

4 Likes

Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by Boss13: 8:08am On Dec 22, 2017
Nwades:
Show me the bags of rice or shut up

Ate one yesternight and would be doing so during the festive period and in all honesty I could not distinguish it from the imported rice from Thailand, if it is not even more better
Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by koropotopoto: 8:19am On Dec 22, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

[/s]
claptrap
trash trash trash
grin

welcome back bigot

how's my friend omenka missing the dude like crazy
Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by Osucoward: 8:21am On Dec 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

ahahah grin grin grin grin

Thank God for Ogun State Ofada rice, me and my family go chop wellu wellu this holiday grin

2 Likes

Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by Osucoward: 8:23am On Dec 22, 2017
Boss13:

Ate one yesternight and would be doing so during the festive period and in all honesty I could not distinguish it from the imported rice from Thailand, if it is not even more better

Nigga stop lying...

3 Likes

Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by Africonji: 8:29am On Dec 22, 2017
OVI is a silent achiever. I have always said it. It is not by propaganda. Obiano should take a cuue from this. This is not about rebagging abakaliki rice and claiming you are farming rice. Everything should not be about propaganda. If you have not tasted Abia rice, you don't know what you are missing. Carry on OVI.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by tribalistseun: 8:34am On Dec 22, 2017
Afonjas on their way

Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by EvilMetahuman: 8:43am On Dec 22, 2017
if you have to tell people that your product is real, then know that it is not real. especially if its to glorify Nigerian politician.
Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by Boss13: 8:45am On Dec 22, 2017
Osucoward:

Nigga stop lying...

First, I like your gif with the ESPN presenter. Second, I am not a nigga, it would be more resourceful for you if you research the word and know when to use it appropriately and in its proper context.

Finally, the rice is very common in large scale supermarkets and if you stay in Lekki Phase 1, you can go to Ebeano Supermarket and get yourself a small bag for N1,200. There are other variants - Red or Brown and even a more polish Abakaliki rice. I enjoyed eating it and was impressed with the taste and just as much with the packaging.

To conclude, I’m really glad that we as Nigerians learnt and grew from the overdependence of imported rice. As at this time last year, there was a huge scarcity and not many families could afford the typical 50kg bag. So rather than live in your illusionary mind of mediocrity, go out and get yourself one. It is cheap too.

1 Like

Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by Osucoward: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2017
Boss13:

First, I like your gif with the ESPN presenter. Second, I am not a nigga, it would be more resourceful for you if you research the word and know when to use it appropriately and in its proper context.

Finally, the rice is very common in large scale supermarkets and if you stay in Lekki Phase 1, you can go to Ebeano Supermarket and get yourself a small bag for N1,200. There are other variants - Red or Brown and even a more polish Abakaliki rice. I enjoyed eating it and was impressed with the taste and just as much with the packaging.

To conclude, I’m really glad that we as Nigerians learnt and grew from the overdependence of imported rice. As at this time last year, there was a huge scarcity and not many families could afford the typical 50kg bag. So rather than live in your illusionary mind of mediocrity, go out and get yourself one. It is cheap too.

Grammar.

You people are synonymous with lies and propaganda.

I'm boycotting Ebeano Market.
Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by Boss13: 8:58am On Dec 22, 2017
Osucoward:

Grammar.

You people are synonymous with lies and propaganda.

I'm boycotting Ebeano Market.

Below is a comment I made in a recent thread today and I decided to paste it here for you to read in view of your - You People phrase you made above. You don’t know my Tribe, my age nor my Gender, but very quick to stereotype me in your mind of hate. If your mind operates this way, then what is the essence of you being human or even existing.

Initially I wanted to discredit this tribal issue and discount those clamoring for it. However, it seems it’s promoters are itching and waiting for any opportunity to sensationalize the polity with false narratives. We are stroking a time bomb and urging on a wild fire. Despite the fact that the political elite has consistently shown that at the top the only tribe they acknowledge is the “Green Tribe” or the “Money Tribe”, we have hinged our failure as a direct consequence of tribal inequality and continually creating animosity amongst ourselves.

The leaders and sponsors of these hate groups hide in masks behind their trolls and are quick to escape when their actions, directly or indirectly, begins to bear forth negative consequences. For those of us with anaemsia, the civil war was a replica of the consequences of hate.

Lest not say we were not warned as our emotions blind our logical thoughts. We shall surely reap what we sow. The hate speeches and ill thoughts will surely turn to actions and with actions comes consequences.

1 Like

Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by Osucoward: 9:00am On Dec 22, 2017
Boss13:

Below is a comment I made in a recent thread today and I decided to paste it here for you to read in view of your - You People phrase you made above. You don’t know my Tribe, my age nor my Gender, but very quick to stereotype me in your mind of hate. If your mind operates this way, then what is the essence of you being human or acting pretentiously to be religious.

Initially I wanted to discredit this tribal issue and discount those clamoring for it. However, it seems it’s promoters are itching and waiting for any opportunity to sensationalize the polity with false narratives. We are stroking a time bomb and urging on a wild fire. Despite the fact that the political elite has consistently shown that at the top the only tribe they acknowledge is the “Green Tribe” or the “Money Tribe”, we have hinged our failure as a direct consequence of tribal inequality and continually creating animosity amongst ourselves.

The leaders and sponsors of these hate groups hide in masks behind their trolls and are quick to escape when their actions, directly or indirectly, begins to bear forth negative consequences. For those of us with anaemsia, the civil war was a replica of the consequences of hate.

Lest not say we were not warned as our emotions blind our logical thoughts. We shall surely reap what we sow. The hate speeches and ill thoughts will surely turn to actions and with actions comes consequences.

Okay, Chibuike, we have heard you. No be me the propaganda go hurt.

Funny how ugu exportation didn't reflect on Anambra's devel/IGR......let's see if this una fakay rice go show.
Re: Shout It Everywhere; Abia Rice Is Really Real By Enyinnaya Appolos by Boss13: 9:08am On Dec 22, 2017
Osucoward:

Okay, Chibuike, we have heard you. No be me the propaganda go hurt.

Funny how ugu exportation didn't reflect on Anambra's devel/IGR......let's see if this una fakay rice go show.

Okay I think I’m trying to ascertain your twisted mind. To you, this would be more lauded if the producer was from the South-West. For your information, Lagos is producing Lake Rice, which was a cheaper alternative last year and was very commendable.

To me, I don’t care and I am very happy that Nigerians are producing rice and less dependent on imported Thailand brands and with time, we would do away with them.

Finally, I am not Chibuike - enough with the stereotype and disgusting tribal comments. Learn more to be enlightened than categorized any opposing opinion as someone from the South-East.

It is time to grow up and stay grown!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari: Remembering Zakzaky’s Sons Killed By The Buhari Regime / Nigerian Railway To Maradi In Niger Republic? No Way! / PHOTOS: Buhari With Obasanjo And Abdulsalami Abubakar At The AU Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.