Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized (37466 Views)

Lady Shed Tears Of Joy As Man Buys All Her Goods & Gifts Her Christmas Hamper / Lady Advertises Her Goods With Music And Dance In Market (Photos) / Hawker Dances With Her Goods On Her Head (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by Acidosis(m): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
Jesus Christ! shocked shocked
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by EKPETI(m): 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2017
FrenchWay:
If dem start the car now, she go run commot.
No be today!

Back to the topic,
If we keep been sentimental in dis country, there cannot be any meaningful development.
You arrest Simone for an offence and d person strips naked or lie down to beg.
In saner climes, the law doesn't understand the lingua franca.
Once u are caught, if you like make ur breast big like Chidinma or Simi own, or small like Roman Goddess own, grin grin grin grin

If you are in, you are in!

I agree with u when d govt are putting everything in place 4 d masses.
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by Emanodimo(m): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
bonechamberlain:
oh God have mercy on ur people in Nigeria.

Sincerely, PMB administration has further deepen poverty and denial the poor access to live...

One needs to document this period for posterity sake... Uhmmm...
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by bonechamberlain(m): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2017
Emanodimo:

Sincerely, PMB administration has further deepen poverty and denial the poor access to live...

One needs to document this period for posterity sake... Uhmmm...
buhari has not only caused deepened poverty, but has taken Nigeria back to 1984.
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by IFNOTGOD(m): 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
She is just acting..

I will say it again n again ur likes will just spew trash cos u want mention as if mention would make ur life go forward do u know what dis 5000 mean to her

do u know d level of poverty in d society dat u have become I'll me popular in nairaland due to ur stupid comment does not make ur own life beta

if u like copy mydd 44 I no. send but try n get sense
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by jamjo: 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
She is just acting..

So she is acting, Please go and examine yourself because you are one heartless lady.
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2017
permanentgrace:

Before the enactment of the law, what consideration/provision were made to cater for the poor such that they won't intend to go breaking the law?
Is she the only one to first start trading. Others do all that is required she should pay the price. All of us should be law abiding. This is how they developed in advance countries.

1 Like

Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
and you think taking away her source of living is the best punishment?

Yes next time she would have learn her lessons and that mistake will not be repeated. Others would also learn from her. We all need to be law abiding to develop.
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by enemyofprogress: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2017
toyetade:

Yes next time she would have learn her lessons and that mistake will not be repeated. Others would also learn from her. We all need to be law abiding to develop.
I'm sure you don't know the implications. You think this is Europe or America, this is Nigeria we are talking about and we have our ways of doing things and not in an animalistic way

1 Like

Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by stoic6ix: 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2017
bonechamberlain:
oh God have mercy on ur people in Nigeria.

Though I feel for her but if such is prohibited by the state then I stand with the state..

1 Like

Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by permanentgrace(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
toyetade:

Is she the only one to first start trading. Others do all that is required she should pay the price. All of us should be law abiding. This is how they developed in advance countries.

You develop by making sure the small poor citizens have are taken away from them in the name of law?
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by bleskid: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2017
lord have mercy... with my people
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by bonechamberlain(m): 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
stoic6ix:

Though I feel for her but if such is prohibited by the state then I stand with the state..
its the same state that caused poverty in the land. and refuse to create an enabling environment for small scale business to thrive. in as much as the woman was wrong but the state left her with no choice.
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2017
oh God please bless the poor, I feel sorry for all these hustling women .. it is well
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by Obipat(m): 7:59am On Dec 24, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
She is just acting..
Keep quiet zoneB. Don't you have human sympathy? You and Buhari I don't know who's more useless.
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by stoic6ix: 8:23am On Dec 25, 2017
bonechamberlain:
its the same state that caused poverty in the land. and refuse to create an enabling environment for small scale business to thrive. in as much as the woman was wrong but the state left her with no choice.

Everyone has a choice and development has a price and sustainable development requires bigger sacrifice.. for example I live in kad, el-rufai cleared one area and those whose properties illegally encroached were demolished. Today, he's built a very big fine express there for them.. with that comes development for the people. Our problem is that we don't want to sacrifice for the general good
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by bonechamberlain(m): 10:53am On Dec 25, 2017
stoic6ix:

Everyone has a choice and development has a price and sustainable development requires bigger sacrifice.. for example I live in kad, el-rufai cleared one area and those whose properties illegally encroached were demolished. Today, he's built a very big fine express there for them.. with that comes development for the people. Our problem is that we don't want to sacrifice for the general good
there is no correlation with a woman struggling to survive and a house demolished. one can move easily one cannot move, but demolished. the fact that people build houses wherever they like still boils down to the ineffectiveness of the state. the fact that, that woman sells on the roadside even though wrong is still the fault of the state. a state that cannot provide basic amenities, low cost shops for SMEs to rent or use, enabling and conducive business environment, etc has no right to seize the woman's goods, they pushed her to the wall and to the worlds extreme corner. you want her to remain on the wall or survive.

you cannot talk about sacrifice when those in charge and control of affairs of the state haven't made or shown one single act of sacrifice.

whatever u see in this country blame no one but the state until things are done rightly to ensure that people like that woman wouldn't have to sell at the roadside.
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by Cityguy: 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2017
Jesus! All that because of 5k business!!! May God help us through this suffering walahi.
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by ceaser: 8:32am On Dec 28, 2017
KingLennon:
The commissioner later returned the goods to her. Bloggers will never complete their stories...

Well, the commissioner's actions as "heartless" has already been impressed on the minds of people around. She should have thought about that before taking that first step; that first impression is a lasting impression.

There are better and more humane ways she could have targeted low earning traders like the woman and convince them to stop breaking the law. A one on one talk and plea would do something. The higher income traders could have been given stiffer acts like public confiscation of their wares - which of course will be returned off camera. These arrangements will appeal better to the sentiments of many.

It's all about PR. And Yorùbá's will say that if you are sent on a fool's errand or a slave's errand, you should run that errand as a son's errand whilst still getting the same result - meaning you use discretion.

1 Like

Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by ceaser: 8:46am On Dec 28, 2017
Dimples129:
The public need to be protected from faulty goods. The government is just doing their work. If what they are selling is unsafe, unregulated, then it could be dangerous to the general public who are buying these goods.

Well, the chances are slim that it has to do with quality control or consumer protection handled by the SON and CPA respectively. These two Nigerian agencies are moribund or non-existent in Nigeria at the moment.

When an event like these happen in Nigeria especially to hawkers and extremely low earners, it usually has to do with them being penalized for displaying their wares in no-hawking zones. The zones are usually marked out as high brow areas for the elite who would rather not see "dirty and haggard-looking low-lifers" on their beautiful streets or on their way to or from their palatial mansions.

This is worse than apartheid.
Re: Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized by ceaser: 8:54am On Dec 28, 2017
surgical:
yes there is God, when mama peace said those words it has serious meaning, from her vantage position, she could see the plots ,the conspiracy, sacrificing human lives in their numbers because of lust for power, she became appalled to make those statements and it has been prophetic, the government installed through deceit HAS not been able to find its feet, despite the best of environment, no opposition, no media problems, no csos breathing down their neck yet they can't make headway. its God judgment on them for their atrocities and desperation ,even with the best of intention, they can't make any impact because their foundation is filthy, its blood,you can't wallow in inequities and expect God's blessing to abound with you.

GEJ and his spendthrift wife got on the nerves of Nigerians and the citizens decide not to spare them, simple. That election was more of a protest vote against GEJ's government rather than for PMB's, but it's a done and sealed deal.

My sincere advice: Don't hang onto that pain. You really need to move on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is N50,000 Enough To Startup A Barbing Saloon? / Mike Adenuga Loses $300 Million / Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.