Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

What Happens If My Kidneys Fail Completely?- Ask Any Question-let's Talk - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Happens If My Kidneys Fail Completely?- Ask Any Question-let's Talk (292 Views)

How I Lost My Kidneys In 2023! / Urgent: I Need To Sell One Of My Kidneys / What Happens If One Gets Struck By Lightning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happens If My Kidneys Fail Completely?- Ask Any Question-let's Talk by honestprofits: 1:25am On Dec 23, 2017
Today I want to discuss what happens when someone has kidney failure
Complete and irreversible kidney failure is sometimes called end-stage renal disease, or ESRD. If your kidneys stop working completely, your body fills with extra water and waste products. This condition is called uremia. Your hands or feet may swell. You will feel tired and weak because your body needs clean blood to function properly.

Untreated uremia may lead to seizures or coma and will ultimately result in death. If your kidneys stop working completely, you will need to undergo dialysis or kidney transplantation.

As part of my routine health education to the general public, I explained the 16 symptoms of kidney failure. Please see a qualified doctor immediately you notice any one of these:

1. Excessive weakness/ tiredness
2. Nausea(feeling of vomiting most times especially in the morning)
3. Excessive vomiting
4. Chest pain( due to uraemic pericarditis)
5. Anaemia (may complain of feeling cold when others are feeling hot, low blood level)
6. Shortness of breath after very little effort. (You can't catch your breath, feeling like you are drowning, you can't climb up the staircase, you do work but easily get tired or become breathless
7. feeling of fainting, dizzy and weak
8. Generalized body itching...
9. Foul smell in your mouth ( ammonia breath)
10. Swollen ankle, legs, face. swollenness around the eye( periorbital oedema)
11. You may urinate less often than usual,
12. Dark red or coke colored urine
13. Urine begins to become foamy or to much bubbles in urine
14. You will start visiting toilet to urinate more often but when you get there, nothing happens. You produce 1-3 drops of urine and that is all.
15. You find it difficult to urinate. you feel pressure or tightness when you want to urinate
16. You are passing blood in urine.

Also, as a matter of urgency, you can rush to the laboratory and request an urgent abdominopelvic ultrasound scan and serum electrolytes, urea and creatinine. See a medical doctor with the test results

Next topic, what is Dialysis?

Please ask your questions.
Natural plant stem cell therapy for kidney failure...contact 08084187162 or visit www.phytosciencenigeria.com.ng

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Dentist In Crystal MN | Dentist Brooklyn Center - Carepoint Dental / Doctors In The House,please Advice Needed / Fibroids, Tumors And Growths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.