Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,918 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

How I Lost My Kidneys In 2023! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Lost My Kidneys In 2023! (558 Views)

Urgent: I Need To Sell One Of My Kidneys / I Want To Donate One Of My Kidneys For Cash / Foreign Hospitals Stealing Kidneys, FG Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Lost My Kidneys In 2023! by BPdoc: 11:12pm On Feb 17
Mrs X, a 37 yr old teacher walked into the Doctor's office holding her scan result in her hand

After she was asked to sit, she laid her complaint to the Doctor

"I've done the scan you asked me to do last week, I hope everything is normal?! She asked, hoping to get a positive response

I know nothing's wrong with me sha, I just want to confirm so I can have peace of mind", she said with a laugh

The Doctor stared at her and said "Have you ever been diagnosed of hypertension?"

She looked up at the Doctor, her expression showing her displeasure of that question

"Yes, when I was pregnant last year", she said.

Have you been compliant with your medications?

Hmmmn....not really. After my drugs finished, my BP was okay then so since then, I've stopped taking it

Well...Mrs X, I'm sorry to tell you that you are at the 4th stage of Chronic Kidney Disease

Eehnn...Doctor, what do you mean by that?!, Her eyes widened at the news of her new predicament

I said you have been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease which mean there's an irreversible damage to your Kidneys caused by your high blood pressure

Don't worry too much about it, we will put you on medication to ensure that your kidney doesn't reach the last stage (Renal failure) fast

Mrs X frowned,..."Are you saying that it's possible to still reach last stage(Renal failure) after taking medication?"

"I never said the medication will cure it, I said it will slow down the speed at which it gets to that stage", the Doctor replied calmly

"Yeaaaa, I'm finished".. Maria said as she placed her hands on her head, squeezing her turban vehemently

She looked up, her eyelash wet with tears.."So what will happen to my kidney at the end stage?!"

Your kidneys might no longer be able to produce urine so you would need to undergo a procedure known as *Dialysis* at least twice a week

Dialysis is like an artificial kidney. It's a machine that removes your blood from your body, filter and cleans the blood from toxic waste and simultaneously returns it back to your body, just like your kidney does.

Eehnn...and I'll be okay if I do it abi? I hope it's not expensive sha?...She asked anxiously

Well, I think that will depend on your financial status ma", He said

Really, like how much?!

I'm not really sure about the price now though, but last time, I heard it was about ₦55,000 and you'll need to do at least twice a week. So that's at least N110,000 every week ma, the Doctor said.

Eehnn...where did I want to see that kind of money every week in this useless economy?!

Ahhh...God punish Hypertension!!!...She exclaimed

...based on a true life story

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Report On How To Boost Your Libido(sex Drive) Naturally / Getting Help With Stammering / Abdominal Heat Or General Body Heat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.