Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views (4984 Views)

How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing / I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by oefosa(m): 6:17am On Dec 23, 2017
The hype and frenzy of Christmas is at its peak. Unemployment stress is least topic for consideration. Everyone running around for the last minute rush for shopping.
I decided to finish up some transactions at the bank so I can blend with the Modus Vivendi as it stands. In the thick swarm of homo sapiens, I saw a hand raised to me for a shake and I obliged. The face looked so familiar (pardon me), Then he said
“Mr. [/////], I need a job.”
I was speechless and motionless for a while. Then I begged him to revive my memory. He was one of the security personnel in our company (the regular uniform had confused me seeing him in mufti).
The offence was clear. Breach of security protocols even in things that pertains to the MD’s office. Three people were fired!

Implications
1. More people have just been added to the already oversaturated labor market.
2. As an employer, always make provisions for back up security.
3. It is not everyone that will be smiling at Christmas.

Lessons
1. Let be diligent with our job no matter the pay. Resignation is better than termination, and voluntary retirement is better than dismissal.

The Way Forward
He is hoping on me for a job. I saw the pain and I perceived the expectations. My heart bled. This is the pain.
Well, silver or gold, I have not, but what I have, I give in Jesus name. I counselled him.

Now to anyone that is jobless, kindly pay attention. I know things are not easy. Yes, I know. [He (my friend) just called at this point of this write up (He is waiting for this piece to be completed because I promised to send him a documented guild of our verbal discussion)]. I want to let you know that everyone is a potential CEO. I am serious. It is just mindset, idea, passion and opportunity.
Some will ask
are you one?
Well, well, well, ehm, ehm. Explicitely or directly No, implicitly or indirectly Yes.
Ok, Ok, This is not about me this time. After all, I work, I am happy and satisfied.
You are the one that need assistance right now. Let consider how you can improve your standard of living.
Take this to heart before we continue, “Diligence and success are inseparable friends”.
The more humanity is confronted with challenges, the more opportunities abound for success to those that can think smart.
1. Identify prevalent challenges.
a. Identify list of probable solutions.
b. Identify probable solution options.
c. Identify the cheapest and easiest options.
d. Implement.
2. Identify difficulties in current solutions to challenges and provide remedies.
3. Always be positively and smartly engaged.
4. Be patient as your effort go through stages to break even.

Case Study.
Imagine a society where a lot of commercial activities do take place.
1. One of the challenges will be proper documentation of transactions or stock movement.
2. A better way to do such will be to adopt computer or mobile based specialized program.
3. A cheap way to solve such could be a well customized excel template for such tasks.
4. Mobile platform will likely penetrate the market more than the PCs.
5. Implement.

Maters Arising
1. If you do not know how to design one, feel free to download SmartBizVentory (an efficient option) at no cost.
http://www.efosmart.com/2017/10/smartbizventory-download-page.html
2. Ensure you watch the instructional videos in order to understand how it works.
http://www.efosmart.com/2017/10/smartbizventory-video-tutorials.html
3. The Windows and Mac versions are only compatible with Microsoft Excel 2013 and above.
4. The mobile version is only compactible with Microsoft Excel from various stores.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.excel&hl=en
5. One must be signed in with Microsoft account before one can use the mobile Excel to edit and save any document.
6. Create a private Microsoft account for yourself and a general one for test running purpose on client’s mobile devices.
http://www.efosmart.com/2017/12/how-to-create-microsoft-account.html
7. Implementation.
a. Enlighten different business owners (target small and medium scales because they are many and easily accessible) on the services your solution could render and the benefits.
b. Give them a free trial with the general Microsoft account you created.
c. Monitor their feedbacks.
d. Take care of any issue raised.
8. If anyone complains that he has more stocks than the mobile can handle (300), advise him/her to monitor the major ones first.
9. If anyone requires more functionalities and 5,000 stocks, advice him/her to buy a PC and use either the Windows or Mac version.

It is a matter of time for you to start earning something reasonable. The program runs for a year so that your services will always be needed at year end if they are satisfied. Their data will however remain intact and responsive even after expiration.

You may watch these intro Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9caXIBgLgVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_j7QstS6EM

Conclusion.
Unemployment does not exist. What exist is lack of idea and this is the major cause of unemployment. There are many ways to take care of it. This is just one of them. I wish you the best.

Poll Request
There has been divergent views to this post
1. It is too long (boring).
2. I tried (interesting).

Kindly comment 1 or 2 depending on your stand and also drop your opinions (perhaps you have a job for my friend. Please do not hesitate. He has learnt his lessons)

Culled from http://www.efosmart.com/2017/12/causes-of-unemployment.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:08am On Dec 23, 2017
and you expected me to read this long sermon. please summarize in not more than two sentences.

9 Likes

Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by albacete(m): 7:17am On Dec 23, 2017
Nice
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by omoiyalayi(m): 7:23am On Dec 23, 2017
Long epistle

U try

3 Likes

Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by mytime24(f): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2017
Longthin
4dis kind early morn-morn

5 Likes

Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by Oye0404(m): 10:01am On Dec 23, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
and you aspect me to read this long sermon. please summarize in not more than two sentences.
ahba, he did not aspect you o, he only expected u to.

5 Likes

Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by oefosa(m): 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
and you aspect me to read this long sermon. please summarize in not more than two sentences.

Bros, but you read am sha.

Ok, to summarize as you instructed.

My colleague was sacked for negligence. He needs a job.

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by barapistis(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2017
Op is certainly a dangerouse Nigeria...on the positive

Men,he cought me with the story

Then advertised his service

Out a the box thinking or whatever any body wants to call IT

Op is brass

2 Likes

Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by oefosa(m): 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2017
barapistis:
Op is certainly a dangerouse Nigeria...on the positive

Men,he cought me with the story

Then advertised his service

Out a the box thinking or whatever any body wants to call IT

Op is brass

Well, so it seems. The truth remains that this guy actually got fired 4 days ago.
After the advice I gave him when he asked for my support, I thought it wise to share.
Check my site, you will see that I don't used to write about Life Style. This is just the only story there. Check the date of publication also.
This is coincidence for opportunity.

All the same, thanks for the compliments.

You don't sound like a Nigerian though.
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by bobostykah(m): 4:02am On Dec 24, 2017
Long but very enlightening, I will try it out
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by oefosa(m): 5:45am On Dec 24, 2017
bobostykah:
Long but very enlightening, I will try it out

I am very glad to hear that.
I am more blessed if I could impact lives positively.
Thank you.
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by jaychubi: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
Op all those long nonsense jst to say ur colleague was fired. Ok continue
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by oefosa(m): 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
jaychubi:
Op all those long nonsense jst to say ur colleague was fired. Ok continue

Bros, your RUDENESS don get DADA.
I don't think you work. Help your ministry with this and you will thank me later.
It is free.
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by jaychubi: 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2017
oefosa:

Bros, your RUDENESS don get DADA.
I don't think you work. Help your ministry with this and you will thank me later.
It is free.

I dont reply to nonsense
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by oefosa(m): 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
jaychubi:

I dont reply to nonsense

Sorry friend.

It's like I hurt you.

It was more of joke.

Really sorry.
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by toptop: 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
I must commend the OP. He just shared an opportunity which can create employment for serious minded individuals. And to think that this info is shared FOC makes it more noble.
I provide business intelligence services to SMEs. And I will take advantage of this knowledge to equip myself more.

Keep it up OP.
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by oefosa(m): 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
toptop:
I must commend the OP. He just shared an opportunity which can create employment for serious minded individuals. And to think that this info is shared FOC makes it more noble.
I provide business intelligence services to SMEs. And I will take advantage of this knowledge to equip myself more.

Keep it up OP.

I appreciate your comments.

I want to add your business link to my list of supporters on my site.

Send your business name
Any link (Google address, web address, etc) for hyperlink to your site.

It's free.

I want people to prosper. That's all.
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by toptop: 4:44am On Dec 25, 2017
Good to know you are open minded and willing to help others grow.
My business link is: www.youraccountant.com.ng

I provide smart back office accounting services for small and medium size firms that want their figures to count.

It is an outsourcing accounting and business intelligence platform.

Thank you and merry Christmas
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by jaychubi: 6:00am On Dec 25, 2017
oefosa:

Sorry friend.

It's like I hurt you.

It was more of joke.

Really sorry.

U r welcomed
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by oefosa(m): 8:05am On Dec 25, 2017
toptop:
Good to know you are open minded and willing to help others grow.
My business link is: www.youraccountant.com.ng

I provide smart back office accounting services for small and medium size firms that want their figures to count.

It is an outsourcing accounting and business intelligence platform.

Thank you and merry Christmas

Same to you bro.

I have added your firm to our list of Reliable Supporters.

http://www.efosmart.com/2017/10/smartbizventory-repository.html
Re: My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views by oefosa(m): 8:09am On Dec 25, 2017
jaychubi:

U r welcomed

Merry Christmas

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Oba Akran, Ikeja From Ojota / Corporate Househelp Needed In Lekki / Recruitment For Graduate Trainee At ROCAD Construction Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.