Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? (14817 Views)

Book Launch: "Jonathan Voted For Me" - Atiku, See How Crowd Reacts (WATCH) / ''Atiku Can’t Bring The Change Nigeria Needs'' — Oby Ezekwesili / The Era Of Fuel Scarcity Is Gone For Good - NNPC Boss, Baru Assures Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by AdesegunSanni89: 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2017
IAMJojo:

Who is the minister of petroleum
So it is the current minister of petroleum who refused to invest in refineries for 16 years or told marketers to hoard fuel. Igbo with reverse thinking sha

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by MORNDEW(m): 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2017
A nation that imported fuel for 16 years without building any refinery or maintaining existing ones and some people expect us not to be in scarcity?
Nairaland and Kwashiorkor posts getting to front page. One random youth who have no logical argument comes in here script anything and it makes front page.
Do you really know the Genesis of our problems as a nation?
Nairaland please give attention to intelligent and logical posts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by otokx(m): 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2017
All these lamentations will not take us anywhere, we need more suffering.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by blacknp(m): 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
Omooba77:
The hardship in the last few days queueing for fuel; exhorbitant commodity price; no light, bad road. Is this the change Nigerians bargained for?
Even in the days of GEJ, things were not this bad!
Just the way the cursed children of so called Israel cursed Moses for leading them into the wilderness from Egypt and Yahweh punished them for 40 years in the wilderness for their disbelief.

I don't blame these cursed generations of Nigerians hoping for a messiah,you can't give what you don't have. Hypocrites that hide their wickedness behind religion.

Is it President Buhari that personally caused the fuel scarcity or your brothers in the unions fighting for a share of the pie?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by Omooba77: 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2017
blacknp:
Just the way the cursed children of so called Israel cursed Moses for leading them into the wilderness from Egypt and Yahweh punished them for 40 years in the wilderness for their disbelief.

I don't blame these cursed generations of Nigerians hoping for a messiah,you can't give what you don't have. Hypocrites that hide their wickedness behind religion.

Is it President Buhari that personally caused the fuel scarcity or your brothers in the unions fighting for a share of the pie?

Truth is bitter
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by Wisebisho: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2017
I cannot cry again.. I cried the day I heard that Buhari, abi na Jibril has won the election.. I said: O! My country, Nigeria: what have befallen you.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by blacknp(m): 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2017
MORNDEW:
A nation that imported fuel for 16 years without building any refinery or maintaining existing ones and some people expect us not to be in scarcity?
Nairaland and Kwashiorkor posts getting to front page. One random youth who have no logical argument comes in here script anything and it makes front page.
Do you really know the Genesis of our problems as a nation?
Nairaland please give attention to intelligent and logical posts.
Knowledge is power and homeboy is correct,Nigeria's problem so many people are socially and politically ignorant what you may call third eye blind a basic lack of exposure.

Nairabet has taken over the minds of these generation,President Buhari is the best thing that happened to Nigeria Politically,his victory in the election in 2015 set a precedence in Africa.

President Buhari's victory is a symbol of hope for the opposition an old General brought down the supposed biggest party in Africa what a shame they should go and hide their face in the sand like ostriches.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by modik(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
GEJ Is a prophet.

"Nigerians, do you want to go forward or move backwards? "

.... And it came to pass. They chose to move backwards!
Into:
1.Recession
2.Acute loss of jobs
3.Illegal detention and executive disrespect to the rule of law
4. Economic hardship
5.Full time deregulation of downstream oil sector, coupled with life-threatening shortage a scarcity of Petroleum products.
6.Social media mining and lack of freedom of speech
7.Anticurrption targeted at silencing opposition.
8.Endless salary delay
9.And the list goes on and on... .. .

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by blacknp(m): 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:

They didnt forget oo, I remember my mum warning me about my support for Buhari and she brought up her experience in 84 to back it up
Tell us what happened to her Liar?Nigerians just like the children of Israel and Moses in the wilderness looking for a miracle overnight go back and vote for your saviours pdp like the adage "a dog will always go back to it's vomit.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by blacknp(m): 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2017
modik:
GEJ Is a prophet.

"Nigerians, do you want to go forward or move backwards? "

.... And it came to pass. They chose to move backwards!
Into:
1.Recession
2.Acute loss of jobs
3.Illegal detention and executive disrespect to the rule of law
4. Economic hardship
5.Full time deregulation of downstream oil sector, coupled with life-threatening shortage a scarcity of Petroleum products.
6.Social media mining and lack of freedom of speech
7.Anticurrption targeted at silencing opposition.
8.Endless salary delay
9.And the list goes on and on... .. .

Gej a prophet?indeed you are cursed,go and read what happened to dathan and family in the book of Numbers. Repent of your sins and ask Jah for forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by SalamRushdie: 11:22pm On Dec 23, 2017
blacknp:
Tell us what happened to her Liar?Nigerians just like the children of Israel and Moses in the wilderness looking for a miracle overnight go back and vote for your saviours pdp like the adage "a dog will always go back to it's vomit.

She withnesed how Nigerians that didnt know used cars start haggling for used cars.

She withnessed Nigerian airways cut about 4000 jobs within a year.

She withnessed Nigerian Airforce become a shell airforce within 18 months despite being the most equipped airforce in the region just months before.

She withnessed the Naira lose over 200 percent of its value overnight .

She withnessed the entrenchment of wide spread corruption and crimes as Nigerians became desperate to survive the uncertainty.

Over Night thousands of Nigerian could no longer afford Trips outside the country for leisure or business.

She withnessed easential commodity queues .

A man with an IQ of twenty and as incoherent as Buhari can never achieve anything positive in governance
I

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by jackson555: 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
When a president didnt attend Uni, wetin u expect B4?
EvilMetahuman:
I have cursed the day I spent 3hrs in the sun to vote for buhari after spending another 8hrs again to get fuel at 270 yesterday.

I wish pdp can just present someone credible apart from atiku.

Buhari is the biggest scam to ever happen to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by blacknp(m): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2017
NiRfreak:
Nigerians are the most foolish and unreasonable human being on earth. PDP was there for 16years and the situation was never better than this. To think Nigerians have forgotten their suffering under 16 years of PDP misrule, and someone suggesting they are an option for us makes me cry. I'm ashamed of my life as a Nigerian. Buhari, APC and PDP are the same. May God strike down all of you playing tribalism with Nigeria. God will punish all of you and Buhari. Oloriburuku gbobgo. One idiot even said he can vote for the dog of PDP. Can't we look beyond these two satanic parties? Are we so unfortunate in life. I am tired oo. eo
PDP, Apc, Mega party, Sdp as long as they are political parties set up by Nigerians they will all be useless because we are a useless race of people that has let the entire Black race down.

you can blame President Buhari all you like none of your parents are morally or professionally qualified half an inch where he stands. Your parents will be a thousand times worse if given a yard,a bad tree will always yield bad fruits,you can't give what you don't have.

A country were Brothers kidnap Brothers for ransom money then they turn around and blame someone else for their own nefarious activities.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by femo122: 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2017
Wicked government

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by blacknp(m): 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:

She withnesed how Nigerians that didnt know used cars start haggling for used cars.

She withnessed Nigerian airways cut about 4000 jobs within a year.

She withnessed Nigerian Airforce become a shell airforce within 18 months despite being the most equipped airforce in the region just months before.

She withnessed the Naira lose over 200 percent of its value overnight .

She withnessed the entrenchment of wide spread corruption and crimes as Nigerians became desperate to survive the uncertainty.

Over Night thousands of Nigerian could no longer afford Trips outside the country for leisure or business.

She withnessed easential commodity queues .

A man with an IQ of twenty and as incoherent as Buhari can never achieve anything positive in governance
I

Sorry to say mama is a liar,she must have a faint or distorted imagination and be mixing up with the democrazy Npn years of Oct 1 1979- Dec 30th 1983.

During the bed time story did mama bear not tell you of the exploits of Akinloye the champagne man of Npn and the infamous Mr Rice also known as umaru dikko the honorable minister for transport?

General Babaginda was the one with olu falae as minister of finance that devalued the Naira under the policy of the second tier foreign exchange market (SFEM) in 1986,if I remember clearly I flew to JFK New York with Nigeria Airways in 1987 and my step Mum was an air hostess with the airline.

Tell the old lady you can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Go ask the historians they will educate you youngsters,General Gbadamosi Babaginda,the Grand Patron of Pdp is the greatest destroyer of the project called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by coolscott(m): 11:53pm On Dec 23, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
I don't think pdp will have it that easy.

Agreed though, buuhari is a curse.
I want us to voice out our support for Ibrahim Shekarau.
He is a credible one in my view.

He had zero riots in notorious Kano all through his time as a governor.

He is the one who made Nuhu Ribadu, El-Rufai and PMB look incompetent in the 2011 presidential debate that GEJ did not attend.

Let us lend our voices to him, as this will let the PDP know that he provides a greater chance of winning than Atiku. At least a greater chance than they initially thought he had
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by FTrebirth(m): 12:01am On Dec 24, 2017
i can't believe sai barbaric zombies are now out-wailing PDP supporters. whoever thought a day like this would come by?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by Omooba77: 12:10am On Dec 24, 2017
blacknp:
Sorry to say mama is a liar,she must have a faint or distorted imagination and be mixing up with the democrazy Npn years of Oct 1 1979- Dec 30th 1983.

During the bed time story did mama bear not tell you of the exploits of Akinloye the champagne man of Npn and the infamous Mr Rice also known as umaru dikko the honorable minister for transport?

General Babaginda was the one with olu falae as minister of finance that devalued the Naira under the policy of the second tier foreign exchange market (SFEM) in 1986,if I remember clearly I flew to JFK New York with Nigeria Airways in 1987 and my step Mum was an air hostess with the airline.

Tell the old lady you can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Go ask the historians they will educate you youngsters,General Gbadamosi Babaginda,the Grand Patron of Pdp is the greatest destroyer of the project called Nigeria.

It started during Buhari/Idiagbon regime, when currency change occurred. Prices of food sky rocketed and military resolved to breaking shops and warehouses and mother of all hoarding began.
Job loss became alarming and decree 2&4 were released to gag everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by blacknp(m): 12:13am On Dec 24, 2017
jackson555:
When a president didnt attend Uni, wetin u expect B4?
I bet he is more educated than anyone that has come out of your family lineage,please next time get the facts right before you spit your ignorance and hatred,please visit wikipedia "

Back in military service

From 1978 to 1979, he was Military Secretary at the Army Headquarters and was a member of the Supreme Military Council from 1978 to 1979. From 1979 to 1980, at the rank of colonel, Buhari (class of 1980) attended the US Army War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, in the United States, and gained a Masters Degree in Strategic Studies.[34][35][36] Upon completion of the on-campus full-time resident program lasting ten months and the two-year-long, distance learning program, the United States Army War College (USAWC) college awards its graduate officers a master's degree in Strategic Studies

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by tuniski: 12:22am On Dec 24, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
I have cursed the day I spent 3hrs in the sun to vote for buhari after spending another 8hrs again to get fuel at 270 yesterday.

Hey Atiku is better than buhari. Anybody PDP presents will be better than buhari even you!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by GameGod(m): 12:30am On Dec 24, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

You ba grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by dubemnaija: 12:39am On Dec 24, 2017
musa234:
I will forever regret the day I voted for this cursed and incompetent Government...I only thought HE Was The next Messiah .

Alas you were not smart. Bubu is too dull and clueless to lead Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by johnhood(m): 2:34am On Dec 24, 2017
This is a case of "the the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know". Next election we shouldn't vote blindly or history will repeat itself.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by Konquest: 2:41am On Dec 24, 2017
mightyhazel:
iseeee.

may buhari win the next election.. by then ppl like u and urs msy have gone extinct... we need more space in nigeria
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
... grin grin

You're so funny... by the way the official
information out of the Nigerian electronic
media as of now is that it is the STUPID Labour
Union guys that are preventing fuel
trucks from leaving the depots in Lagos
UNTIL
each tanker load of PMS pays N20,000 and
this is being resisted by the truck owners/drivers
who are insisting that it is not compulsory
to belong to the labour union.

There is enough fuel to saturate Nigeria
but the NLC saboteurs and borders
are being the pains of Nigerians
NOT necessarily PMB. The Labour
boys should leave the tankers alone
because and if possible they should
be arrested. They are not more in population
than
the long-suffering citizens.

Cheers and happy holidays! smiley
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by BetaThings: 2:46am On Dec 24, 2017
Omooba77:

Going to ordinary Mowe-Ibafo is about 4 hours and coming back took me three and half hours.
This government is not people friendly at all.

The current scarcity is not as bad as the one presided over by Jonathan after he lost election in 2015
That virtually shut down the economy
Nigerians have a very short memory!

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/how-fuel-scarcity-crippled-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by BetaThings: 2:55am On Dec 24, 2017
tuniski:

Hey Atiku is better than buhari. Anybody PDP presents will be better than buhari even you!

PDP is a scam!
Big one
How many lives were lost to immigration recruitment test? What did PDP do?
Was it not Jonathan that brought Facebook to Nigeria?

Atiku is lamenting that Nigeria is divided?
Who made a roster of visits to churches to campaign? Jonathan
Who said that PDP is a Muslim party and APC Christian party? - Sambo
Who said APC is Muslim party - Metuh

Who said "we are not like that people, we don't born children throway? - Patience
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by BetaThings: 2:58am On Dec 24, 2017
dubemnaija:

Alas you were not smart. Bubu is too dull and clueless to lead Nigeria.

Most of you guys calling Buhari names took offence when Jonathan was called names
I personally believe that you cannot be clueless and become president
I never called Jonathan names because of that
But it is now acceptable to call president names

We are watching!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by 4Play(m): 3:36am On Dec 24, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Nigerians and initial gragra. This one will pass and we'd go back to default settings. We forget easily and go back to the very diet that gave us running stomach.

People have been experiencing this level of suffering but because it is not fuel, something that have an immediate effect on transport, everyone have been quiet.

About 8 million people lost their jobs in the course of two years and they've seen this played. Many businesses got ruined and families shattered.

Innocent people were killed on a scale we've not experienced before, but because it is not fuel, many of us didn't see it as something that indicts the conscience of a leader.

Shia Muslims were murdered and till now nothing has heard about it. Fulani herdsmen killed hundreds in Agatu. IPOB youths were shot and we hailed.

The truth is, Buhari will still win. Forget all these temporary 'gragra'. He'd win in a free and fair election because we are people who forget easily and largely emotional.

Spot on! Don't be surprised that when the fuel scarcity is over, Buhari will be congratulated for ending it. It's like being punched in the head and congratulating the puncher when the punches stop.

A week ago, there was a thread celebrating Nigerian Customs revenue for hitting the N1 trillion mark when the revenue is a function of the official exchange rate. They were in effect celebrating the collapse of the Naira's value.

Nigerians have weak memories and arguably weaker intellect.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by onunwa21(m): 4:54am On Dec 24, 2017
The reason for the fuel scarcity is cos Nigerians brought many cars!!!! cheesy
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by onunwa21(m): 4:56am On Dec 24, 2017
Things re so difficult in Nigeria now, even the so called witches nd wizards that used to give free food in the dream ve stopped. lipsrsealed
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by onunwa21(m): 4:57am On Dec 24, 2017
smileyThings re so difficult in Nigeria now, even the so called witches nd wizards that used to give free food in the dream ve stopped. cool
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Is This Change Nigeria Voted For? by oruma19: 5:10am On Dec 24, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

Even if PDP presents a dog, a lot of Nigerians would vote for that dog. Buhari is a curse to humanity.

God sent Buhari to punish Nigerians for their disobedience to him..
u de tok about dog? Even of PDP doesn't present a candidate we shall still vote PDP...lolzzz buhari is satanic, an epitome of suffering and hardship. Is not his name called "buhari"? That is why my people are suffering in the land of abundance... Tufiakwa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shehu Sani, PRP Call For Cancellation Of Kaduna Elections / Lagos Advocates Safe Conversion Of Petrol To LPG As Fuel For Domestic Use / Buhari Leaves For Equatorial Guinea On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.