Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? (689 Views)

UN Jerusalem resolution: How each country voted / Czech Republic Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of The State Of Israel / Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? by Tintinnoty(m): 10:26am On Dec 23, 2017
Nigeria collects aid and grants from USAID to education and health. We voted 'No' in opposition to US recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Pres. Trump said they will note the countries that voted for and against them and perhaps stop their aid&grants to such country(ies). Will this have any far reaching effect on us as a nation and the NGO's? Cc lalasticlala Seun HumbledbYGrace mukina2 osystein
and all political gurus in the house, your views are welcomed.
Re: Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? by whonamehelp(m): 10:26am On Dec 23, 2017
Re: Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? by Tintinnoty(m): 10:29am On Dec 23, 2017
whonamehelp:
welcome, space Booker no1 spotted.
Re: Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? by doctorexcel: 10:33am On Dec 23, 2017
Am coming. Just to book my space first
Re: Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? by Standardcosting(m): 10:49am On Dec 23, 2017
Tintinnoty:
Nigeria collects aid and grants from USAID to education and health. We voted 'No' in opposition to US recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Pres. Trump said they will note the countries that voted for and against them and perhaps stop their aid&grants to such country(ies). Will this have any far reaching effect on us as a nation and the NGO's? Cc lalasticlala Seun HumbledbYGrace mukina2 osystein
and all political gurus in the house, your views are welcomed.
The ones we received in the past

What has it brought us?

We still have boko haram in the north

...And on health, HIV is still on the rise, our leaders are still on medical tourism!
Re: Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? by Tintinnoty(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2017
doctorexcel:
Am coming. Just to book my space first

Continue
Re: Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? by Tintinnoty(m): 11:10am On Dec 23, 2017
Standardcosting:

The ones we received in the past

What has it brought us?

We still have boko haram in the north

...And on health, HIV is still on the rise, our leaders are still on medical tourism!

As much as I agree with your view, I still feel someone somewhere must has benefited from this aids and a lot more wil l still. I believe we need US (her financial aids) more than US needs us (our crude oil)
Re: Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? by Standardcosting(m): 11:12am On Dec 23, 2017
Tintinnoty:

As much as I agree with your view, I still feel someone somewhere must has benefited from this aids and a lot more wil l still. I believe we need US (her financial aids) more than US needs us (our crude oil)
Absolutely!
Re: Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? by CaptainBUGGY: 11:16am On Dec 23, 2017
South Korea voted against the USA, I wonder if Trump will withdraw his support for them too
Re: Un Jerusalem Resolution: Will This Affect Nigeria US Relationship? by EngrXrix(m): 11:41am On Dec 23, 2017
Nigeria is a great nation with her own views and concerns. In as much as it needs strong allies like the US on various economic, health and security issues , however , she does not depend on the US on decision making. If d US sees Nigeria in a negative light just because of her vote against the decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and resolves to make relationships between both nations difficult,
Then I wud say that's the US problem and not Nigeria's.
We can /will survive with or without the United States.
Don't get me wrong we/I love the US but we refuse to b bullied or intimidated by them and neither shud we allow them impose their views on us as a nation.

(1) (Reply)

Two French Soldiers Killed Rescuing Foreigners In Burkina Faso (photos) / US Vice Presidential Debate; Who Won And Why? / Current Update On The United States Election Count.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.