Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,394 members, 7,958,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:22 AM

5 Reasons Why Okorocha Is Right By Giving His Workers 18days Holiday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why Okorocha Is Right By Giving His Workers 18days Holiday (367 Views)

9th NASS: Why Okorocha Was Denied Accreditation - Clerk, INEC / Why Okorocha Is Free To Leave APC - Osita Okechukwu, VON DG / "Why Okorocha's Son-In-Law, Uche Nwosu, Must Succeed Him" - Steve Asimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Okorocha Is Right By Giving His Workers 18days Holiday by blogbuilder: 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2017
I'm not here to criticize people's view about okorocha giving his civil servant a week Christmas holiday but to justify that nothing is wrong with that. If you missed the earlier story, you can read it using this link Okorocha Gives Imo Workers 18-Day Christmas Holidayi will highlight the supportive points one after the other

Nigeria civil service is Unproductive :Only if we are going to deceive ourselves, we all know that our civil services are as useless as used tissue paper. Go to most ministries in Nigeria, they are characterised with absenteeism,,irregularities, corruption and more. Imagine, most workers in state payroll are ghost workers especially at local government level. For instance ,I wanted to collect my local government attestation, it took me more than 4days to process. You will be hearing different stories like, the secretary is not on seat, the attestation has finished etc. I'm not saying all these are right but Since it's like this, let the civil servant enjoy their holiday to the fullest

3working days is not too much:Apart from the normal National holiday which span through 25-26 for Christmas and boxing day, the imo state government only added 27,28,29.
Arab countries like Saudi Arabia gives their citizens more than a week holiday to celebrate el-dekabir every year
In my own view, it's only[b] monday-Thursday[/b] that I see as the working days in Nigeria civil service, you and I know that Friday is indirectly a self made holiday for most of our civil servant. For me, the break is just a 2days break which cannot run down the economy of the state

Some agencies are exempted from this break: Agencies such as health, fire services, finance and securities are all exempted from this break .
These agencies are exempted from the break just because of emergency situation. You never can tell, emergency situation can arise and these parastatals are the antidote to them... Kudos to okorocha for exempting them

It's not 18days but 3days :18days As speculated by many is false, it's only 3days added to the Normal general holiday

To make his people happy: Why blaming okorocha why our government officials give themselves much break than the civilians. Imagine the NASS has started their break yesterday and will resume for their next plenary session on the 11th of January 2018.which impunity do they have that the civil servant does not have...

You can criticise the view of you're not contended with my points.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Okorocha Is Right By Giving His Workers 18days Holiday by slimfit1(m): 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2017
Seriously I give up excuses for failure even ordinary people are supporting this trash.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Okorocha Is Right By Giving His Workers 18days Holiday by marooh: 1:01pm On Dec 23, 2017
I don't want hear say he raise mass statue at imo government house lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Way Forward For Nigeria / #thinkation2018: Education Plus Thinking; A Needed Remedy For Unemployment. / Give An Advice To (one) Nairalander To Close The Year(2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.