Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

#thinkation2018: Education Plus Thinking; A Needed Remedy For Unemployment. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #thinkation2018: Education Plus Thinking; A Needed Remedy For Unemployment. (358 Views)

Edo Unemployment Rate Falls From 25.1% To 19%, Obaseki Claims Achievement / Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#thinkation2018: Education Plus Thinking; A Needed Remedy For Unemployment. by Thewhatsupcity(m): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2017
Written By: Mark Idiahi

The missing link in education is #thinking. The educational system that grooms Nigerian graduates to be only good employees and not enterprise developers or entrepreneurs, is to be blamed for the alarming rate of recidivism and violence which are the aftermath of joblessness.

The presidential committee on jobs creation revealed that over forty million Nigerians graduates lack the requisite skills for employment.

What we have at hand is a ticking time bomb �.

My team and I were privileged to spend time in the prison with the inmates in celebration of Christmas, and we found out that, the prisons lack space to take in more prisoners.
I saw a Masters degree holder-cool, calm and collected- but in prison.

When a man is deprived of food and basic necessities of life, he will be faced with these options: throw caution to the wind, break the rules in the book in his bid for survival, or leverage on the inherent potential in the hunger as motivation to devise strategies for productivity. The first can not be an option when the value level is abysmal.

This ugly reality was reechoed a couple of days ago when the #thinkationteam hit the streets for a ‘voice-on -the -street’ interactive sessions with Nigerians.
We must consciously infuse an out-of-the-box thinking in our educational system. People should be taught and encouraged to explore their minds.

Register to attend: www.ubongking.com/thinkation2018
It all begins in the mind. Everything you can relate with, feel and touch today, were once ideas in the minds of the inventors.

At #thinkation2018 which is a premium platform set up for this purpose, you will be motivated, inspired to be a thinker, to challenge the status quo, and be the man or woman you have always desired to be. It all begins in the mind![quote][/quote]

Re: #thinkation2018: Education Plus Thinking; A Needed Remedy For Unemployment. by Markyns07: 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2017
One conference too important to miss. Thinkation2018 is a must attend. Leverage on this opportunity to alter your trajectory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #thinkation2018: Education Plus Thinking; A Needed Remedy For Unemployment. by haywhyb(m): 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2017
If you really wants to understand how things works then you need to register for this conference. Remember do all it takes to be in front of great people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #thinkation2018: Education Plus Thinking; A Needed Remedy For Unemployment. by jaygospel: 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
This program is going to help reset the minds of Nigerians starting with me.
Re: #thinkation2018: Education Plus Thinking; A Needed Remedy For Unemployment. by theblogger: 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2017
Thinking and a good sense of reasoning is a missing link in our educational system and from the lowest level of our educational system to the highest education levels, people have only been structured to study, study and do more studies without thinking and reasoning on the subject matters they are studying and finally when they graduate from colleges and universities they get to face the real World and all the things they spent their years studying becomes irrelevant in the face of realities and what can they do to find their way out of these predicament...

The results are found in the society, in the government houses, in the prisons like Kirikiri and others and in our streets.

Only if Thinking can be infused into our Educational system then people will be thinking aright and coming out from the universities with solutions to problems and issues rather than coming out to start thinking of a quick move to cash in on the lapses of the society.

I applaud the Thinkation initiative by the Ubong King Foundation.
I am looking forward to be at the event and see the outcome of it in our society but that's only if a good number of persons can actually take advantage of it.

I am Delords, am just trying to Think out loud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #thinkation2018: Education Plus Thinking; A Needed Remedy For Unemployment. by Horlarmiie: 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2017
I won't definitely miss this event for anything..
Re: #thinkation2018: Education Plus Thinking; A Needed Remedy For Unemployment. by vicmoss(m): 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2017
If only we can put on our thinking cap at every point of our lives then this nation will be a better place.

I hope the organisers of #Thinkation2018 will love up to expectation as we look forward to this great initiative.

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammad Buhari Bans Rice Importation This Year / Protest In Benue Over Recent Fulani Herdsmen Attacks (pics) / Governor Dankwambo Unfit For President – Group Tells Fr. Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.