Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know (12501 Views)

How Android Smartphones Are Slowly Turning Into Commodities - Naijatechguy / Official List Of Infinix Smartphones To Receive Android 8 Oreo Update And Date / Check Out The 14 Powerful Features Of The New Android Oreo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Newsprex(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2017
Android 8 Oreo is the latest operating system (OS) of Android at the time of this post and it came packed with full of security enhancements.

SAFER INSTALLATION: The Operating system came with smart features you never knew has been protecting your smartphone phone and data, such as safer install of apps that comes from unknown sources. This will protect your phone from unauthorized access or malwares.

ROLLBACK PREVENTION: This Android 8 Oreo feature helps you to make your operating system balance by preventing hackers from resetting your phone to an older OS version which could be vulnerable to an exploit. This will definitely make your phone vulnerable to their attacks. They can send you malware and other virus.

OEM LOCK HARDWARE ABSTRACTION LAYER (HAL): This prevents your phone from being reset without your security credentials. Imagine, losing your phone data after unexpected reset from hackers, this will of course cause an excruciating pain. If your device is stolen, these safeguards are designed to prevent your device from being reset and to keep your data secure.

More Info: https://prexblog.com/see-how-android-8-oreo-protects-your-phone-and-data/

2 Likes

Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by bravesoul247(m): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
Nice one. Patiently waiting till I get the update in my TECNO spark
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Rick9(m): 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
Still enjoying Nougat, so much optimization

4 Likes

Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by adeezko: 7:20am On Dec 24, 2017
pls.. am unable to install app dat I didn't download from play store on my tecno spark7.... pls wat could b the problem
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Newsprex(m): 7:22am On Dec 24, 2017
adeezko:
pls.. am unable to install app dat I didn't download from play store on my tecno spark7.... pls wat could b the problem

That app was downloaded from an unknown source. So, it need to analyzed and scanned before it can enter ya phone
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 7:25am On Dec 24, 2017
bravesoul247:
make u sit down der when my 2015. jiayu s3 don't get the custom rom

4 Likes

Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Newsprex(m): 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
Mustack:

Wow! You bad ooo....me too wan flash in the custom ROM into my hot 4 pro
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by bravesoul247(m): 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
Mustack:

Which device be this?
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Jaculze(m): 1:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
Mustack:

where can u download custom ROM fie my Tecno j5? abeg
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
Newsprex:

Wow! You bad ooo....me too wan flash in the custom ROM into my hot 4 pro

its all yours bro.. find the specify ROM for you phone...
also you must be a practical geek otherwise you'll end up bricking your device.

1 Like

Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
bravesoul247:
Which device be this?
its one of those phone I really enjoy to handle it. you can read his https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/e54a3134
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
Jaculze:
where can u download custom ROM fie my Tecno j5? abeg
you can download from XDA forum or needrom...
but you must be a geek...
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Newsprex(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mustack:

its all yours bro.. find the specify ROM for you phone...
also you must be a practical geek otherwise you'll end up bricking your device.

Sure...I know how to handle that
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2017
Newsprex:

Sure...I know how to handle that
very well
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Jaculze(m): 9:18am On Dec 26, 2017
Mustack:

you can download from XDA forum or needrom...
but you must be a geek...
In what sense bro?
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
Jaculze:
In what sense bro?
you must know his to flash ROM... otherwise ant missed step will render your phone useless..
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by adeezko: 1:18pm On Dec 26, 2017
Newsprex:

That app was downloaded from an unknown source. So, it need to analyzed and scanned before it can enter ya phone
For how long will it take to install den.. Cos I want to update d same app but can't still install it
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
adeezko:
For how long will it take to install den.. Cos I want to update d same app but can't still install it
it doesn't take time if taken all the steps one another..
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Newsprex(m): 6:46am On Dec 27, 2017
Mustack:

it doesn't take time if taken all the steps one another..

Exactly
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Jaculze(m): 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
Mustack:

you must know his to flash ROM... otherwise ant missed step will render your phone useless..
How can I flash ROM? abeg teach me this thing na
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Newsprex(m): 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
Jaculze:

Custom ROM or stock ROM?
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 8:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
Jaculze:
you have two ways... if. you can tutor yourself from YouTube or you look for someone around to teach you one on one... ass for me am currently serving in Niger state...

1 Like

Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
Newsprex:

Custom ROM or stock ROM?

if you're chanced you can help him out....
more so your first try will eventually make you brick your phone.. but persistent will keep you going..
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Newsprex(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
Mustack:

if you're chanced you can help him out....
more so your first try will eventually make you brick your phone.. but persistent will keep you going..

He can't brick it when I bomb him with layman Tut
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Jaculze(m): 2:55am On Jan 01, 2018
Newsprex:

Custom ROM or stock ROM?
Are both not the same? I just want my Tecno J5 to perform way better and fast. its as slow as f.ck. Which is better please?
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 5:07am On Jan 01, 2018
Newsprex:

He can't brick it when I bomb him with layman Tut
good
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Mustack: 5:09am On Jan 01, 2018
Jaculze:
Are both not the same? I just want my Tecno J5 to perform way better and fast. its as slow as f.ck. Which is better please?
both are good only that custom from are everywhere and clean stock ROMs are not much base on every phone.
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by nobsalis: 7:16am On Jan 01, 2018
bravesoul247:

Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by directonpc(m): 7:19am On Jan 01, 2018
Oehey
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 01, 2018
Mustack:

Stop telling them. They are too block-headed to understand.
Re: How Android 8 Oreo Protects Your Phone And Data that you never know by OGeeKush(m): 8:10am On Jan 01, 2018
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Introduces New Data Bundle / Tech Giants Who Suffered Huge Losses In July 2018 / Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.