Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Abia State Workers Salary Payment Update... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abia State Workers Salary Payment Update... (1055 Views)

Popular Power-line Market Aba Abia State Destroyed By Fire / Umuahia Shoprite Shutdown Over Non-payment Of Workers Salary / BREAKING | BBNaija Sponsor, Payporte, Sued For Not Paying Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia State Workers Salary Payment Update... by Akachukwuroland: 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
Update on salary payments

We thank workers of Abia State for their positive contributions to the success so far recorded by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu's administration.

In the spirit of Transparency and in furtherance of the need to truthfully inform our people at all times, permit me to state as follows.

1. We battled through the bureaucracy and exigencies of banking to ensure that salaries and pensions were paid latest on Friday 22/12/17 to all State Government workers.

2. All Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) received November 2017 salary payments with at least 6 MDAs receiving December 2017 payment before the close of business on Friday 22/12/17.

3. The relevant banks received necessary documentations for the payment of December Salaries to the outstanding MDAs but couldn't complete the process before the close of business on Friday 22/12/17.

4. Teachers were expected to have been paid, alongside others, but necessary documentations were completed late on 22/12/17.

5. We therefore expect teachers and pensioners to receive salary payment bank alerts on Wednesday 27/12/17 alongside other MDAs that are yet to receive December 2017 salaries. Further payments will be made to teachers and pensioners as we commence the disbursement of the 3rd tranche of Paris Club Refunds.

6. We sincerely apologize for the inability to complete the necessary payment processes as instructed by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and wish to assure Abia workers that everything will be done to ensure they are paid on the stated dates.

7. Meanwhile, Local Governments in the state received necessary funds to pay workers on Thursday 21/12/17 and we are monitoring the payment situation at the 3rd tier of Government.

8. A full brief on the status of compliance with the Governor's instruction on salary payments will be issued on Thursday 28/12/17.

Thank you.

Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner For Information

Re: Abia State Workers Salary Payment Update... by careertalks: 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2017
Voting for okezie Ikpeazu is the worst mistake I made.... Teachers are been owed 8 months salary.....Almost every ministry are been owed....
His only achievement is building gutter in aba Owerri road for four years which have caused havoc in the life's of people living along aba Owerri road or that shallow fly over at osisioma that I tagged misplaced priority .... Ngwa people was really scammed....
I taught that Okezie would have at least done something in Aba but I was wrong...
All the three major roads that lead to Aba is all damaged yet nothing is been done.
Is it in job creation, let me not say anything because I have not hard of any recruitment from Abia state govt.
what pains me most is the huge revenue that enters the state account daily.
Almost every shop in aba are paying tax... Even bus drivers from states like Owerri hardly go to Aba due to excess fees they pay yet nothing to show for it.

The only good thing about his govt is reduction in crime rate. Outside that, OVI is a total failure. Returning him in 2019 will be a disaster. Ngwa people should look for another person because OVI is already a failure.
The worst is that he could not do anything for Obingwa where he came from.
All he knows how to do is to set up panel for screening of ghost workers when ever he collects allocation.
I believe that free and fair election in 2019 will m send him back to obingwa peacefully without any issues ..

Somebody should beg him to close all the gutters in aba Owerri road and all other places in Aba... These gutters are too dangerous. It is better that you stay in govt house and loot than to go and double the problem of the hungry people with those open gutter.

(1) (Reply)

Yoh! I Wanna Visit Ivory Coast / Learn How To Develop Web Applications Free Using Php/mysql – Empowerment Program / How To Make Cash With Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.