Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167450 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 8:25am On Jul 12, 2018
Hello, I be sir oooo. Anyway, I can see you already have the address.
Iyaboonibipe:

Hello maam.

Kindly give me the email address to send my VOA application letter.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cookies: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
Went for my follow up interview today with my hubby at Abuja consular office, see transcript below:

VO: good morning, passports please
WE: good morning, gave her the passports
VO: after flipping through, asked hubby the last time you went to the US how long did you stay?
Hubby: about 10days
VO: you stated that you're going for vacation?
Me: yes and to have my baby too
VO: have you ever traveled abroad with the kids?
Hubby: not in a while but my wife often does
VO: are you pregnant ma'am?
Me: yes I am
VO: do you have any other kids?
WE: nope
VO: how old are the kids
WE: 8 & 5years old
VO: (to me) what do you do for work?
Me: xxxxxxxx
VO: types briefly then asks why did you choose the US to have your baby?
Me: because my last pregnancy wasn't a pleasant experience, I had a threatened miscarriage & since this would be my last baby I decided to choose the US in order to access better hospital & medical facilities while I can afford it
VO: types again then asks how much is the delivery going to cost you?
Me: about 5 thousand USD
VO: that's incredibly low for childbirth in the US
Me: well I've got a doctor & hospital correspondence that has details of the costs breakdown, would you like to have a look?
VO: declines & insists that delivery in the US costs about 25-35 thousand USD
WE: emphasise that we can afford that as well
V0: well then how much in total will this trip cost you?
Me: about 14k USD
VO: (to hubby), how much do you earn?
Hubby: xx xx xx xx, then passes statements of account 1naira the other USD
VO: looks through briefly, then asked me Ma'am you stated that you would stay for 1 month?
Me: yes
VO: will you be going with the kids to the US this time?
VO: well, I will be issuing you visas today, however on no account should you accept any insurance or medicaid bla bla bla & make sure you pay all your bills, long story followed that sounded more like warnings sha..... didn't hear the rest.

She didn't even say congratulations! Lol

Thanks for all your contributions...

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
Congratulations
cookies:
Went for my follow up interview today with my hubby at Abuja consular office, see transcript below:

VO: after flipping through, asked hubby the last time you went to the US how long did you stay?
Me: because my last pregnancy wasn't a pleasant experience, I had a threatened miscarriage & since this would be my last baby I decided to choose the US in order to access better hospital & medical facilities while I can afford it
Me: well I've got a doctor & hospital correspondence that has details of the costs breakdown, would you like to have a look?
VO: looks through briefly, then asked me Ma'am you stated that you would stay for 1 month?
VO: well, I will be issuing you visas today, however on no account should you accept any insurance or medicaid bla bla bla & make sure you pay all your bills, long story followed that sounded more like warnings sha..... didn't hear the rest.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nabie: 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
Please any Houston mom using oakbend hospital?
Eclectica:

Dr X - VG: $2,000.00 / CS $2,200. 00
HNWMC – VG: $2,000.00 / CS $3,500. 00
Anesthesia - VG: $650 / CS $750. 00****** (These Anesthesia figures could be different)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyaboonibipe: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
Aibisoye0:

oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng

Thanks a lot ma'am. How soon can I apply I heard it valid for just 14days. I due to return mid next month. Can I apply now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyaboonibipe: 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2018
ozymes:
Hello, I be sir oooo. Anyway, I can see you already have the address.

Thanks A lot. Sir.

How soon can I apply I heard it valid for just 14days. I due to return mid next month. Can I apply now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hello, has anyone passed though Houston POE recently? How was the experience?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mimeeeali: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hi all, In the spirit of giving back..
I arrived at Newark airport Ney jersey on the 3rd of July with emirates. It was a long flight but i was lucky to get a seat with enuf leg room.
Going tru immigration i was abit tensed because i got my visa when i was 3 months pregnant, i went with my family with the intention of family vacation. I wasnt asked if i was pregnant. Visa's were approved for DH and my 2 kids. I had all my hospital correspondences and also sent the change of intent mail.

CBP- Good morning, whats the purpose of your trip?
Me- Vacation and Childbirth
CBP- Do u have any correspondences with the doctor?
me- Yes please.. i hand it over to him
CBP- He looks through and starts whispering to the officer beside him on if he has confirmed this type of letter before.. he replies by sayinh No. He then asks me to come with him, Secondary examination tins
After sitting for about 20 minutes,

CBP- You got this visa in february and this is July, why didnt you inform them
Me- I wasnt asked and that was not my intention at the time, however I sent a mail to them informing them
CBP- Rili, what was the response?
Me- Its not a crime to give birth in the US, bla bla bla
CBP- How much fo you hav with u
Me- 8900 cash 4000 card.
CBP- Where do you work?
Me- In an Bank
CBP- You dont earn this much, you cant afford it
Me- I do.. nd my husband works too.
CBP- how much do yoi both earn monthly
ME- 4000 USD monthly
CBP- stamps me in for 6 months and gives me my passport..

OMO the tension.. but thank God I scaled through.. thanks to this thread and all the help.. will share birthing experience when the time comes...
Pardon the long post and typographical errors

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bubu18: 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
Niveakreamy89:
Hello good morning I am interested in hospital for dallas. I am coming in next month please. I just sent you pm now. My email address is...vivianobih@yahoo.com. Thanks
Hello, I sent you a mail. Did you receive it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ejiroogidi: 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
Good Evening Nairalanders,
My friend was contacted by someone from this forum I introduced her too because I have been a silent reader and gained a lot.
My friend joined this forum and indicated interest for accommodation in Houston for rent.
A lady contacted her and along the line asked for a deposit to be made. Now my question is,why ask for a deposit when the person hasn’t arrived the US and you both don’t know each other.
You are also not a known organization or service provider.
I understand we can’t trust people again but please let’s be careful how we act to one another.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hello peeps @ feddy27, Adom mum.. can I include my toddler in a dropbox application even though she won't be travelling with me? Our visas expired May this year. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
Ejiroogidi:
Good Evening Nairalanders,
My friend was contacted by someone from this forum I introduced her too because I have been a silent reader and gained a lot.
My friend joined this forum and indicated interest for accommodation in Houston for rent.
A lady contacted her and along the line asked for a deposit to be made. Now my question is,why ask for a deposit when the person hasn’t arrived the US and you both don’t know each other.
You are also not a known organization or service provider.
I understand we can’t trust people again but please let’s be careful how we act to one another.

Tell your friend not to send any deposit and people should be careful dealing financially with anybody here.

i have said this before..a lot of agents visits this thread regularly waiting for people like your friend to drop question regarding accommodation or hospital so as to take advantage of that person.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by baddo(m): 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
You were able to scale through getting a hospital for your birth, visa for your travel but a safe accomodation is the huddle.

Anyway contact faceless accommodation agents at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jbikes: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2018
[Congrats author=cookies post=69307744]Went for my follow up interview today with my hubby at Abuja consular office, see transcript below:

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2018
Iyaboonibipe:

Thanks a lot ma'am. How soon can I apply I heard it valid for just 14days. I due to return mid next month. Can I apply now.

Wait till a week before your flight.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
I have not gotten any mail yet dear.
bubu18:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluwaseunv: 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
Hello house.
Thank you all for the info. Please I am due in December and tried to book an appointment date in Abuja and the earliest am getting in Abuja is December 4th, while Lagos is October 22nd. Please has any one checked recently and gotten other dates. Cos I honestly don’t know what to do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyaboonibipe: 10:57pm On Jul 12, 2018
Aibisoye0:

Wait till a week before your flight.

Noted. Thanks ma'am. Safe trip back ho,e to you n ur LIttle one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 5:53am On Jul 13, 2018
Oluwaseunv:
Hello house.
Thank you all for the info. Please I am due in December and tried to book an appointment date in Abuja and the earliest am getting in Abuja is December 4th, while Lagos is October 22nd. Please has any one checked recently and gotten other dates. Cos I honestly don’t know what to do.
You have to keep checking, atleast September popped up yesterday which is still ok since you are due in December
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2018
As soon as you grab your baby's US passport
Iyaboonibipe:

Thanks A lot. Sir.

How soon can I apply I heard it valid for just 14days. I due to return mid next month. Can I apply now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Crownandglory: 8:38am On Jul 13, 2018
Maggiespecial:

It's not possible. I am going to New York to give birth and I am not going to spend more dan $12k (including flight tickets, doctor charges, feeding, accommodation etc.) kindly do ur research very well ooo

Hello maggiespecial,
I sent you a message, please i’ll Like to have the details of the hospital, doctor and accommodation you used in New York, i’ll Like to birth in NYC, 12k is a great idea...please send me a PM. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 8:44am On Jul 13, 2018
Oluwaseunv:
Hello house.
September 4th to 20th is available now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ejiroogidi: 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hello people! Please mums that used HNWMC,
Please share with me,advise on accommodation.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluwaseunv: 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
ozycy:
September 4th to 20th is available now

Thank you so much you aren’t a life saver
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hi dear can you resend the email again please.
bubu18:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
Pls I need recommendation on a hotel in JFK to lodge. Very close to the airport. Anyone used any before?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eclectica: 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
My People,

For anyone who had a VG delivery at HNWMC recently, how much did you pay Pediatrix for the pediatrician service? These dudes are quoting $1456. The lady I spoke to said they can give me a discount and I will then pay $1009.

How una take pay $675? Did you speak to anybody in particular?

Please I need ur responses

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
Oluwaseunv:

Thank you so much you aren’t a life saver
"Aren't" lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Annytamaka20: 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
[quotes author=Maggiespecial post=64269001]
It's not possible. I am going to New York to give birth and I am not going to spend more dan $12k (including flight tickets, doctor charges, feeding, accommodation etc.) kindly do ur research very well ooo[/quote]

Hi dear, can you please share your hospital information and OB/GYN with me?. Thank you. You can email me at anitamakagb@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluwaseunv: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
ozycy:

"Aren't" lipsrsealed

Loolll am sooo sorry, it’s over Jor you ARE a life saver

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.