Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,030 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) (2822 Views)

Onnoghen: ‘CCT Boss, Umar, Has No Pending Criminal Charge’ ~FG / Police File Charge Against Melaye, To Present Eight Witnesses / 2019: How Jonathan Will Lead The Charge Against APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by tobida: 10:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
DeLaRue:

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

If you fall victim to Omonile in a land transaction. You can bring a case in court against the Omonile for recovery of your money.

At the same time the Police can start prosecuting the Omonile for Advance fee fraud.

The Constitution does not forbid this.

However, in some instances, where the facts are so complex that running criminal and civil cases concurrently is likely to be unhelpful, a judge may suggest to the parties that they allow either the civil or criminal case to reach conclusion. But this is not mandatory under the law.

It becomes mandatory once the Judge makes that decision. Judgement dictates mandamus.

Any seasoned lawyer will stop EFCC in their tracks with such injunction order by the Supremem Court.
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by EvilMetahuman: 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
delarule lecturing emotional flat heads grin
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by tobida: 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
[s]
EvilMetahuman:
[/s]

I THINK IT IS THE OTHER WAY ROUND. CONE HEAD!
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by EvilMetahuman: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
tobida:
[s]

I THINK IT IS THE OTHER WAY ROUND. CONE HEAD!
[/s]flat heads who don't know the difference between civil case and criminal case grin
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by DeLaRue: 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
tobida:

It becomes mandatory once the Judge makes that decision. Judgement dictates mandamus.

Any seasoned lawyer will stop EFCC in their tracks with such injunction order by the Supremem Court.

Even assuming Innoson's lawyers are successful in obtaining an injuction, that would only provide temporary relief to Dr Chukwuma, since the issues in the case before the court do not directly relate to the offences for which Innoson is charged.

The supreme Court cannot rule on a matter that is not before it.

And even if the Supreme Court rules that the goods belong to Innoson and not GTB, the Police can still go ahead with the charge of forgery of documents. That remains an albatross around Innoson's neck.

Of course, all of these assume that EFCC's facts are correct. We know they do get things wrong, and Innoson could be an innocent victim.

We wait & see.
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by tobida: 10:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
[s]
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]flat heads who don't know the difference between civil case and criminal case grin

[/s]

And who said i am a flat head? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by EvilMetahuman: 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2017
tobida:
[s][/s]

And who said i am a flat head? grin grin grin grin grin
your IQ of course. tongue

1 Like

Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by Malawian(m): 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
DeLaRue:

That title to imported goods remain with the financier (GTB) of the imported goods is common practice in international trade. Title will only normally pass to the importer upon the latter's satisfaction of certain conditions.

This term will have been contained in the lending Agreement signed by both parties. Banks do not do these sorts of transaction orally and without documentation.

Let's hope EFCC is wrong and Dr Chukwuma has contrary evidence. Otherwise, the man is in trouble.
what do you mean by "financier" A loan is a loan. an Interest is an Interest, a collateral is a collateral. I have the funny feeling that GTB thought they could game the "illiterate"omo nna.
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by tobida: 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
your IQ of course. tongue

Go to bed, u are not learned. grin grin
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by tobida: 10:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
DeLaRue:

Even assuming Innoson's lawyers are successful in obtaining an injuction, that would only provide temporary relief to Dr Chukwuma, since the issues in the case before the court do not directly relate to the offences for which Innoson is charged.

The supreme Court cannot rule on a matter that is not before it.

And even if the Supreme Court rules that the goods belong to Innoson and not GTB, the Police can still go ahead with the charge of forgery of documents. That remains an albatross around Innoson's neck.

Of course, all of these assume that EFCC's facts are correct. We know they do get things wrong, and Innoson could be an innocent victim.

We wait & see.

U are assuming too much based on a claim by the claimant.

It is hard to ascertain the true nature of the claims by the EFCC, because they keep changing story.

They are likely to also lose the case at the High Court with a penalty. (fine)

A lot hinges on the case at the supreme court.
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by tobida: 10:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
Malawian:

what do you mean by "financier" A loan is a loan. an Interest is an Interest, a collateral is a collateral. I have the funny feeling that GTB thought they could game the "illiterate"omo nna.

Innoson is a Doctor, that means a PHD holder.
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by EvilMetahuman: 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2017
tobida:

Go to bed, u are not learned. grin grin
coming from a flat head.. how rich? grin
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 25, 2017
DeLaRue:

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

If you fall victim to Omonile in a land transaction. You can bring a civil case in court against the Omonile for recovery of your money.

At the same time the Police can start prosecuting the Omonile for the[b] crime[/b] of Advance fee fraud.

The Constitution does not forbid this.

However, in some instances, where the facts are so complex that running criminal and civil cases concurrently is likely to be unhelpful, a judge may suggest to the parties that they allow either the civil or criminal case to reach conclusion. But this is not mandatory under the law.

It seems you tilt to a certain side in this case and youre more than willing to twist facts and choose what to respond to.

The EFCC can not sue you to a civil court when you already have a case in the supreme court on same or similar issues, that's rascality and stupidity. Maybe the high court will tell the supreme court to pause so it can decide on the case or nullify whatever the supreme court decides.

Bro, be realistic the case can swing either way, but the rascality of the EFCC is uncalled for.. If i have a case with you thats in court, can i just go report one side of the issue to the EFCC and they come and bundle you? Is the EFCC a tool for highest bidder? Or first come first serve?

Why did they release him immediately without telling him his offense and then sue him afterwards?

They backdated the date (fact). Otherwise why will they go and bundle him for an issue theyve already taken to court?

Dont get blinded based on your support for any of the party, the EFCC had so many unanswered questions.
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 25, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

If you notice from the discourse, nobody mentioned tribe. Sometimes, hide your innermost tribalistic demon and argue with facts and figures-it will do you no harm.

Innoson or GT might be right (only the court will decide that), but the EFCC id a useless organization

Think through it
Two parties have an issue already in court, one party invited you and gave u a certain fact and u sprung into action to bundle the other party.

You arrested someone, kept him for 24 hours and did not tell him his offense?

While trying to arrest a man, you slap his wife? Thats sufficient to dismiss the case and lock up the aggressor

EFCC has case to the answer in this matter
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by marooh: 8:19am On Dec 25, 2017
[s]
tobida:
[s][/s]

Wrong! No Igbo business man want Biafra War.

Nigeria is a market for them, this is wat people say to justify an injustice.

Let them file the case, Lawyers will offer their service for free to Innoson at the end of the day, it is the court time wasted and Government money.

Since Buahri came to power from Innoson to capital oil, all waste of time and government money.

2018, will be wasted on Innoson. 2017 was Capital oil.

2019 we vote again.
[/s]

Bros!
Why u dey reason like boko haram!

Did you know if biafra come we will stop importing cars......

Question for u
Did u liked d way nigeria be for now?
What joy did you derived as a nigerian...

It obvious that Nigeria are fighting ibo because the last appointment in Government said it all...

Tell ur buhariverty that nepotism is his name.....
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by EvilMetahuman: 8:55am On Dec 25, 2017
ItachiUchiha:

If you notice from the discourse, nobody mentioned tribe. Sometimes, hide your innermost tribalistic demon and argue with facts and figures-it will do you no harm.

Innoson or GT might be right (only the court will decide that), but the EFCC id a useless organization

Think through it
Two parties have an issue already in court, one party invited you and gave u a certain fact and u sprung into action to bundle the other party.

You arrested someone, kept him for 24 hours and did not tell him his offense?

While trying to arrest a man, you slap his wife? Thats sufficient to dismiss the case and lock up the aggressor

EFCC has case to the answer in this matter
That's because flat heads hardly discuss based on fact but emotions.

e,g see what you did in the boded statement. you went all emotional instead of talking based on fact.
law is very clear. any criminal charge, you have to be arrested and detained for at least 24-48 hrs which after you will be charged to court, which is exactly what efcc did.
its not a civil case where no one needs to be arrested.
efcc don't handle civil case.

2, slapping alleged criminal's wife, doesn't dismiss outstanding case, it only opens another civil case.
the wife of innnoson could sue efcc or the person that slapped her in civil court and get compensated if she has enough evidence to back that up, but that doesn't have anything to do with the aggressor mumbo jumbo you wrote up there.
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 25, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
That's because flat heads hardly discuss based on fact but emotions.

e,g see what you did in the boded statement. you went all emotional instead of talking based on fact.
law is very clear. any criminal charge, you have to be arrested and detained for at least 24-48 hrs which after you will be charged to court, which is exactly what efcc did.
its not a civil case where no one needs to be arrested.
efcc don't handle civil case.

2, slapping alleged criminal's wife, doesn't dismiss outstanding case, it only opens another civil case.
the wife of innnoson could sue efcc or the person that slapped her in civil court and get compensated if she has enough evidence to back that up, but that doesn't have anything to do with the aggressor mumbo jumbo you wrote up there.

Are you a tribalist naturally or trying to be one? Can you sometime reason without a tribal biase?

You can detain him for as long as is permitted but not without telling him his offense and not without a warrant can you keep him any longer.. This thread shows they took the matter to court after already arresting him.

I'm sorry i wont be replying you again. You're not only biased but assume anybody saying anything contrary to your opinion is from a certain tribe.

You can't even slap an alleged criminal say less his wife, that's already judgemental and thats a 'sueable' offense. Youre not even permitted to slap a convicted criminal. But what do i know? Nigerians dont obey the law, abnormal is now a new normal with your kind.
Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by EvilMetahuman: 9:58am On Dec 25, 2017
[s]
ItachiUchiha:

Are you a tribalist naturally or trying to be one? Can you sometime reason without a tribal biase?

You can detain him for as long as is permitted but not without telling him his offense and not without a warrant can you keep him any longer.. This thread shows they took the matter to court after already arresting him.

I'm sorry i wont be replying you again. You're not only biased but assume anybody saying anything contrary to your opinion is from a certain tribe.

You can't even slap an alleged criminal say less his wife, that's already judgemental and thats a 'sueable' offense. Youre not even permitted to slap a convicted criminal. But what do i know? Nigerians dont obey the law, abnormal is now a new normal with your kind.

[/s]like said, all emotions, no brain.

this is why i don't lecture flat heads.

1 Like

Re: EFCC File Criminal Charge Against Innoson(picture) by Malawian(m): 10:34pm On Jan 01, 2018
DeLaRue:

That title to imported goods remain with the financier (GTB) of the imported goods is common practice in international trade. Title will only normally pass to the importer upon the latter's satisfaction of certain conditions.

This term will have been contained in the lending Agreement signed by both parties. Banks do not do these sorts of transaction orally and without documentation.

Let's hope EFCC is wrong and Dr Chukwuma has contrary evidence. Otherwise, the man is in trouble.
After trying to make meaning of what you wrote up there, all I can say is...
Your matter senior me, let's wait for the elders.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is The Current State Of Ikeja BRT Terminal In Lagos / Photos Of Fayose's G-wagon Burnt To The Ground In Lagos Accident / APC Caretaker Committee Visits Asiwaju Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.