Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House (67890 Views)

Lady Moves Out Of Husband’s House 6 Months After Marriage, Uses Truck To Pack / Hauwa, Adam Nuru's Wife Packs Out Of Husband's House, May Seek Divorce / Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by curvilicious: 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
400billionman:

I am not even happy people are talking about pregnancy. That is unfair.

But the lady has not even responded to anybody.

But I find it so funny that women of today equate themselves to men using manipulation and bottom power. Since she cannot find out the heart of her husband, she doesn't qualify to be a wife.

Ladies, before you marry, read the book of PROVERBS, SONGS OF SOLOMON in the bible to know what your duties to your husband are.

Stop listening to your fellow girls who are unmarried. Shamefully some mothers were not even well trained so they cannot train their daughters to fit into marriage life.

I feel the equality issue came into play the day men chose to start looking at women financially. In the good ol days only foolish men will sit & wait for their wife's money. Real men earn money and cater for their wife & children that actually make them the man

3 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Daboomb: 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
Memories12411:
My sister you are welcome to "Men's World". The heart of men is desperately wicked. If you are not doing anything to generate income for the family is a great problem for you because anything about you irritates him. Check your financial life very well.
Secondly, it could be you have turned yourself to a different person after giving birth to your child. Check your looks.
Last but not the least. Check your relationship with your in-laws. They could be instigating your husband.
In conclusion, I encourage you to pray without ceasing.

Dumb azz!
I am sure that in your femminazzi-mind, you think the Bible was referring to a MALE, when that phrase was used? grin grin grin

FYI, the use of "MAN" in the Bible refers to creations of God, both Male and Female.
and it is "man", not "men" that was used in the Bible.
Go and read again pleaze
. undecided undecided

Sebi heart of woman is not wicked and one just stabbed her husband in his blockus, just because he was talking to his first wife, a Muslim for that matter!
angry angry

3 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
shocked

I have been seeing this in the movies but now happening in the reality just makes me sober.

You don't need a suitsayer to tell you that your marriage is heading for a rock. IMO, your husband is not to be blamed cos from your narration, it shows you have one bad attitude that is making him to react.

Personally, I dislike ladies that nag...Op, look into yourself in a crystal mirror and adjust.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by eagleonearth(m): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
favouredAda:
Gud pm nairalanders.

I'm a young lady in my early 30, married for 2years+ now... my issue is that my husband doesn't gist with me but when he is with other ladies, he can laugh & gist for Africa. He has never taken me out after our marriage. in short I look like a tenant in his house. if we are going out he will tell me to be in front while he will b far behind. if I complain, he will say I'm nagging.

I was sick last week, he just came dropped #10k for me to go see our doctor, he didn't even ask if I can go by myself BT same incident happened to his younger bro wife yesterday, with just a phone call, he went to the hospital & stood by d bro. over night ( sumtin he didn't even do wen I gave birth to our baby) I have been thinking he will change BT this days own his really worst, calling some girls in my streets "my love" why he shout my 1st name no matter where he is.

Pls advise me cos I am beginning to dislike him
topestbilly took the words outta my mouth. Also, I just discovered that women grow stupid when you try loving them openly. I am talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by pennywys(m): 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2017
favouredAda:
Gud pm nairalanders.

I'm a young lady in my early 30, married for 2years+ now... my issue is that my husband doesn't gist with me but when he is with other ladies, he can laugh & gist for Africa. He has never taken me out after our marriage. in short I look like a tenant in his house. if we are going out he will tell me to be in front while he will b far behind. if I complain, he will say I'm nagging.

I was sick last week, he just came dropped #10k for me to go see our doctor, he didn't even ask if I can go by myself BT same incident happened to his younger bro wife yesterday, with just a phone call, he went to the hospital & stood by d bro. over night ( sumtin he didn't even do wen I gave birth to our baby) I have been thinking he will change BT this days own his really worst, calling some girls in my streets "my love" why he shout my 1st name no matter where he is.

try to look more beautiful for him, visit hair spars, make over studios and dress fine. Try to grow intellectually, look modern all for him.

God bless ur union

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Mariangeles(f): 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
dafeyankee:
Talk to him about it.

You are his wife and not his girlfriend. When you notice some un-husbandly character in your man, you bring it to his attention,and you might even be surprised he has no inkling that he is hurting your feelings.
but of course he knows he's hurting her, it's quite clear he's doing it on purpose, but the question is why...
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
[quote author=pweeryambre post=63608364]Seriously something is very wrong with Nigerians way of thinking according to Nairaland, its just horrible. my dear op divorce is always an option, you can always start over again if gets too bad.[/quote I agree.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by peacettw: 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
MakeADifference:
Can I say "I love you"?

Whoever you are please save this comment of yours. I recommend it for all ladies. Sure you are mature and speak from knowledge & experience. @favouredAda this is what you can start with right here.

Thanks dear. We ladies should look out for ourselves especially those in young marriages.
And yes, Time was and still is my best friend in my marriage. Looking back, I know now that I acted quite foolishly in certain situations...

For those screaming divorce, trust me that doesn't solve a damn thing. Work on what you must in your marriage and learn to ignore what you can live with.

I consider the op's concerns as non-issues nevertheless she is worried about them and that's OK. I know that with time though, things can only get better so hang in there.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by APL33: 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
If HEmarried u AFTER u got pregnant, He might be lashing out, in his own way trying to say HIM no want. but if not, visit the nearest native doctor to correct his head.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by CheedyJ(m): 10:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
Calm down madam but if u wanna cheat on him just DM OK since he's already calling a girl on ur street ' my love'..
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
favouredAda:
Gud pm nairalanders.

Like a poster has just advised you here, check your interaction with him carefully, there is something you are doing that consistently irritates him. What he has done here, is that he has 'tuned you out' of his periods of happiness. This is what most wise men do to avoid emotional friction, & ultimately physical violence in marital relationships.

If you were still dating, I assure you that man would have broken up with you, but since he can't get away anymore because of his kids, he keeps you at an emotional distance so you don't keep messing with his head grin

Please check yourself very well

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by curvilicious: 10:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
I get really irritated when i hear men looking for a financially stable woman nd expect to be well respected. You NL men keep saying maybe she has nothing to offer. I can't remember my grandma offering my grandpa financial support. All she used to do was advice him in the right direction nd take care of the home with what he provides.
The Bible didn't call the woman who cannot provide for her family as worse than an infidel but the man.

Na wa o shame on today's men tueh!

8 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Daboomb: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
curvilicious:

I feel the equality issue came into play the day men chose to start looking at women financially. In the good ol days only foolish men will sit & wait for their wife's money. Real men earn money and cater for their wife & children that actually make them the man

But even women of today, if you the husband caters for all their financial needs and ask them not to work, they would start shouting "wife abuse"! shocked shocked
You would hear things like "he wants to make you financially dependent on him so he can control you". grin grin

What is that definition of woman sef: Someone who does not know what she wants, does not know how to get it but blames a man for not getting it! grin grin shocked shocked

But l agree with you, any man who cannot meet the (reasonable) needs of his wife (without expecting a contribution from her) should not even marry in the first place.
he can have Girl friends though. shocked shocked
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by coputa(m): 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
Newboss:
When are these people going to learn to stop getting married! It's a waste of life, dummies! angry
Go and live in Jupiter,that's where you belong.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Unitedabby(m): 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
Evablizin:
sad
I love harmattan pass you wink

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by curvilicious: 11:02pm On Dec 25, 2017
Daboomb:

he can have Girl friends though. shocked shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Daboomb: 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
curvilicious:
I get really irritated when i hear men looking for a financially stable woman nd expect to be well respected. You NL men keep saying maybe she has nothing to offer. I can't remember my grandma offering my grandpa financial support. All she used to do was advice him in the right direction nd take care of the home with what he provides.
The Bible didn't call the woman who cannot provide for her family as worse than an infidel but the man.

Some times, l feel like slapping th eheck out of some of our young men of today!
Among their list of "wife material" is that she must be working in a coirporate environment...when they themselves dont even have a job! shocked shocked

Foolish Gigolo, l call them.

Why wont their wife turn them to "collect-wrapper-hold-for-me"?

Everything is so upside down nowadays, it is so annoying.

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
curvilicious:

You must be living in 1521 this is 2017 and we are almost in 2018.The truth is times have changed.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Unitedabby(m): 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
Jman06:
This could be the result of forcing yourself on a man who doesn't like you, and at the same time not being financially supportive of the man.

Only a few men with good hearts can put up with a financially dependent lady and not start showing her attitude, especially after seeing other women being the bread winners of their homes.It's either the man is naturally good or you are a very hot lady such that you have his mumu button.
guy,sounds like you wouldn't mind your wife doing bread-winning for your family...
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by ABSTRUSE: 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
Apparently, he never loved you. He only wanted to have some fun with you when the baby came calling. Your pregnancy made him lose 'his life'.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by maklelemakukula(m): 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
kill him
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Mariangeles(f): 11:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

let me guess, women in Nigeria shouldnt divorce their useless husbands, and they should instead stay in their MISERABLE union (like common donkeys), till the bastard they are married to finally do away with them, abi?!

no wonder some men have absolutely NO respect for women, when these same women have no respect for their damn self.

there is absolutely NO reason under the sun why this woman should stay married to this demon, if that man does not want to change.
If she is still interested in the marriage, at least she should try fixing things first before walking out.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Unitedabby(m): 11:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
byemx06:
madam bcus u are married you stop dressing hot,u begin tie wrapper turn urself to deeper life..........my honest advice make fine heir all d time,dress super hot,look gud all d time den see his reaction

do sorry abt that,may God change him
yeah most likely!nice one!
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by coputa(m): 11:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
curvilicious:

That was the life of yore,when a penny was a penny..
The home is being run by both parties now,due to the changes that has occurred in the global economy.
Even the wife of Dangote works,ditto first ladies.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by adaxxy: 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
favouredAda:
Gud pm nairalanders.

Babe he won't change,
I know their type if you like give him your soul he sees you as his baby factory but he loves another,
He married you for the image...
I don't see why you should be in a relationship when you are not happy,
If you are working class please be hard working and if you are a business woman dont stop
Separate from him,live your life and you have to be happy for yourself and your child/children,
Life is too short ,
He is constantly banging other women outside.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Mariangeles(f): 11:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
Rosarie:
he does not love u.most marriages ve seen like this:the man married the woman due to pregnancy though that is not a yard stick .just get urself busy and acquinted with something then go on ur knees.he is in love with someone else and sees u as a baggage.
on her knees for what exactly...?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2017
Unitedabby:
Not a bad point that just that i disagree on the "...generate income for the family..."part as not all men want their wives' financial contribution in marriage and tbh i will not like that either.
Well if your wife says she wants to assist you please let her but don't force her against her will and if she agrees with your line of thought no problem.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Daboomb: 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
curvilicious:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

maybe we should strip him of that one sef, since he wont even be able to provide her with those things we use to "entice and confirm" our affection for ladies in those days! grin

When my lady comes to visit me at the University in those days, the soup l prepare for her sef, (before her arrival), even my collagues in the hostel will be wondering whether na queen of England dey come visit me! grin grin
As in "Soup made to order", `not Eatery rubbish they eat nowadays!

I was not very rich then but my dignity would not allow me to even allow her pay for her transport back to her place. I have t pay the taxi driver in advance, with instructionn to drive carefully or eelse he would have to contend with me if l hear kpenken.

We even do Holiday jobs just to get extra money to trip our babes but guys of nowadays are wasting away their time, playing lottery (Baba Ijebu or NairaBet or wetin dem dey call am sef) and engaging in unproductive, idle talk... and still dem dey use whistle dey call women'a attention!

In my days, you deck heavily, with your Boogie Heels shoe, Afro hair-do and tight shirts to match and even the ladies will look at you twice before carrying-on with their shakara! grin grin
But last-last, you know she is already tripping for you but as a man, you still have to strutt and win her over.
Charming smile, decked up attire and nice perfume at to the glamour. kiss kiss

Abi, l lie my sister?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by MakeADifference: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
smiley not a lady ... But a supporter of the female gender. Not hyping you but you truly know quite some about this matter and was able to clearly state it.

Hope more people will learn from what you posted here today (am going to save it and share it off NL too). Thanks and wish you the best on the "two become one" journey.

peacettw:

Thanks dear. We ladies should look out for ourselves especially those in young marriages.
And yes, Time was my best friend in my marriage. Looking back, I know now that I acted quite foolishly in certain situations...

For those screaming divorce, trust me that doesn't solve a damn thing. Work on what you must in your marriage and learn to ignore what you can live with.

I consider the op's concerns as non-issues nevertheless she is worried about them and that's OK. But I know that with time, things can only get better so hang in there
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Daboomb: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
You must be living in 1521 this is 2017 and we are almost in 2018.The truth is times have changed.

Yea, it has changed for the WORSE! angry angry
Its a shame the people of today dont have no shame!

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Mariangeles(f): 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
favouredAda:
Gud pm nairalanders.

You have to interact with the people here, answer some questions, make some things clear so they'll know how to help...instead of keeping quiet
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Mauriceeshiet: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
I concor nut more or less
biggie10:
Communication is key in every relationship and marriage. If you cannot talk to your Man about these things and how you feel, then no solution can be proffered.

Pls don't come and be Wasting space on Nairaland when you know what to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? / My Wife Suddenly Stopped Having Sex With Me / Judge Orders Husband To Have Sex With His Wife (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.