Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House (67757 Views)

Lady Moves Out Of Husband’s House 6 Months After Marriage, Uses Truck To Pack / Hauwa, Adam Nuru's Wife Packs Out Of Husband's House, May Seek Divorce / Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by bedspread: 10:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
Topestbilly:
undecided

Since we don't have his part of the story, I will advise you to be honest to yourself because it's going to do you a big favour.

*Check yourself if you've done something wrong that led to all this maltreatment

*Check if there are some particular doing of yours that irritates him.

*if you find any of the above, sit him down, beg him, tell him u wil make amends but if you truly check yourself and your hands are clean. Remember your life and happiness are your priorities.

May God help you.
SECONDED

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Oyebee91(m): 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
K
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Bsokera1: 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
Just go on your knees and pray to God, he is the only one that can save you, tell God to minister into his heart and check yourself, are you lifely at home?
Stop complaining about him and watch yourself,marriage is not a bed of roses
Life itself is not smooth
Am sure it all didn't start like this
God help you
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
Did you cheat on him and think he didn't find out? Have you started to become unkempt? Are you lazy? So many questions need to be answered here.

His attitude to you is not right though.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by pawesome(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
basmur:
pls stop the dislike!!!

Disliking him might only make things worst...
hian!!!
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
Caprigal:

Honestly, I was just reading and shaking my head. This site has many immature and sexist males its appalling. No one is even showing sympathy for the woman, they are all apportioning blame and asking her to solve the problems her husband caused.
If the tables were turned this thread will be 20 pages long with men insulting the wife for flirting outside and ignoring her husband at home.
how did u know d bolded... Have u heard from d man... U must be a bad judge... Please if u have children or u plan to have don't judge like that in ur home... U must hear from both parties before u judge... Remember who first judge matter, no dey ever do wrong... Op did not even say from d first year of marriage if d husband showed her love and care and how it started going down.. nothing... Just my husband don't show me love n care... Then u conclude d man is evil? Ask d op questions, u need more info to be able to draw a reasonable conclusion since u don't have d husband here to tell his part of the story...hence those plenty questions directed at d op... Unfortunately she has failed to answer any of the questions... That alone is a signal that d op is hiding alot of info

11 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by InvertedHammer: 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
favouredAda:
Gud pm nairalanders.

I'm a young lady in my early 30, married for 2years+ now... my issue is that my husband doesn't gist with me but when he is with other ladies, he can laugh & gist for Africa. He has never taken me out after our marriage. in short I look like a tenant in his house. if we are going out he will tell me to be in front while he will b far behind. if I complain, he will say I'm nagging.

I was sick last week, he just came dropped #10k for me to go see our doctor, he didn't even ask if I can go by myself BT same incident happened to his younger bro wife yesterday, with just a phone call, he went to the hospital & stood by d bro. over night ( sumtin he didn't even do wen I gave birth to our baby) I have been thinking he will change BT this days own his really worst, calling some girls in my streets "my love" why he shout my 1st name no matter where he is.

Pls advise me cos I am beginning to dislike him

It seems that you married late.

May be the potency of what you used to nail him for marriage has dwindled.

Perhaps, it is time to pay baba another visit.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by gnykelly(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
GraGra247:
All the things you listed points to one thing and one thing mainly:

Your husband has developed chronic dislike for you.

Finding out the cause is now left for you.

she knows the cause just feigning ignorance she most probably have trapped him with pregnancy.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Boss13: 10:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
MZTEMAR:
I guess u might have done something to him
Probably u ve forgotten.
My candid advise for u is to make peace reign

No she did not forget. She deliberately ignored it and portrayed a story to describe the husband as the wicked one. These are the whips of women; to obscure facts and present fictions in order to attract sentiments.

Don’t wallow in pity for this woman, she is the architect of her own situation. When you hear from the husband on this same matter, you may regret the comments you have previously made.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by 400billionman: 10:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
biggie10:
Communication is key in every relationship and marriage. If you cannot talk to your Man about these things and how you feel, then no solution can be proffered.

Pls don't come and be Wasting space on Nairaland when you know what to do.

Best advice.

She is obviously full of herself. Since she cannot talk to her husband.

We should set up a committee to go talk to her husband.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by JustCryptos: 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
favouredAda:
Gud pm nairalanders.

I'm a young lady in my early 30, married for 2years+ now... my issue is that my husband doesn't gist with me but when he is with other ladies, he can laugh & gist for Africa. He has never taken me out after our marriage. in short I look like a tenant in his house. if we are going out he will tell me to be in front while he will b far behind. if I complain, he will say I'm nagging.

I was sick last week, he just came dropped #10k for me to go see our doctor, he didn't even ask if I can go by myself BT same incident happened to his younger bro wife yesterday, with just a phone call, he went to the hospital & stood by d bro. over night ( sumtin he didn't even do wen I gave birth to our baby) I have been thinking he will change BT this days own his really worst, calling some girls in my streets "my love" why he shout my 1st name no matter where he is.

Hello Op, I didn't bother reading all the advise people may have given above, but trust me, o have seen your case first hand.

Your husband does not value or respect you, and do not be surprised if he cheats. He is probably ashamed of you. What you need to do is start taking your stand on things. If you do not have a job and have a remarkable stream of income, get one. Stop depending so much on him, get things done yourself, learn a new skill, learn a new language, and while at it, flaunt it at his face. And like someone said above, pray.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Maj196(m): 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
The man is probably punishing u for something u've done knowingly or unknowingly its left for u to decipher wat it is... For starters you can talk to him.

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by curvilicious: 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
MrIjapa:

Divorce is not that easy.. especially in Nigeria..

The judge will say: madam is that your only complaint?
Woman: yes
Judge: abeg go home nd mend your marriage. You have no reason to divorce. Moreover, there are too many girls out there that will marry your husband!
Case closed(Divorce in Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by pweeryambre: 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
Seriously something is very wrong with Nigerians way of thinking according to Nairaland, its just horrible. my dear op divorce is always an option, you can always start over again if gets too bad.

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Lomprico2: 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2017
Did u trap him with pregnancy?
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by mecc: 10:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
He said you are nagging hmmm, is it true? What did the Bible say about a nagging woman. Bia enyia change your character and build your home.
See the way your comparing your self with him brother, you be like trouble maker self.
Make I come dey go jor grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
favouredAda:
Gud pm nairalanders.

did u lie to him dat u are a virgin before ur marriage.. and after d marriage , he discovered it was a well? If na so I no go blame ham... We can even report to EFCC and they will take it up

3 Likes

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by millionboi2: 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
dafeyankee:
Talk to him about it.

You are his wife and not his girlfriend. When you notice some un-husbandly character in your man, you bring it to his attention,and you might even be surprised he has no inkling that he is hurting your feelings.
you said it all.

Boldly talk to him.. .....but wait ooo
Did u noticed d side he calls other girls his wife,d man is mentally derail.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by crisisexpert321(m): 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
Communication. The key!
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by enemyofprogress: 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
That's what happens when you force yourself on a man for marriage
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by ben4ever(m): 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
As a man,i empathize with your situation, but the last time i gave my heart to a woman,i became a private pr.operty. That made me scared of settling down.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by poseidon12: 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
Sit him down and have serious discussion of your concerns with him. Find out why he is treating you bad. Did you guys date before marriage? If yes, was he like this?
Are you out of shape now? Are you still taking good care of yourself like you did before marrying him? I ask these questions because it is common for Nigerian ladies to become careless with themselves after marriage, especially after a child is in the picture. From what you said about him not wanting to walk beside you, it shows that he is not proud of you. Find out why by talking to him.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by MakeADifference: 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
Can I say "I love you"?

Whoever you are please save this comment of yours. I recommend it for all ladies. Sure you are mature and speak from knowledge & experience. @favouredAda this is what you can start with right here.

peacettw:
Let me tell you something that no-one will ever tell you especially if not married... Give it time.... Time is your best friend now.... In 10 years time, you will look at your post and wonder why on earth you were concerned about your husband's behaviour. I can bet that half of your sufferings are based on what your young mind set
is imagining now but as you age, your mind toughens as well and then you can sieve out the wheat from chaff and learn to be less irritated.

Until u attain that maturity, why don't you get urself busy.... If you are not working, engage yourself and do some online courses. Learn a skill.. For Christ sake, live your life, love yourself, OWN IT and stop relying on your husband to be your source of happiness. That should come from within and when you have attained that, believe me, nothing your husband does will ever irritate you ever again. And please quit complaining...Learn to be self sufficient emotionally.

I doubt if any of this will make sense now but trust me, as time passes, you will understand...

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
The man probably didn't want the marriage in the first place. Talking won't change him.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Bimpe29: 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
From all indications, many things are wrong in your marital life. Without his side of the story, it is of utmost importance to redefine your relationship. I wish you better moments in your home.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by curvilicious: 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
emmyluizzz:

Ptssss gimme one bottle there
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by 400billionman: 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2017
Lovelywings:
OP this is Nairaland. The commenters here will blame you for the maltreatment simply because you are a woman. See how several people are insinuating that you trapped him with pregnancy grin That's what the (mostly men) do here. In their world view, men are naturally rational and sensible. Women are the opposite.

If you want real advice go elsewhere. Go to Bellanaija where the women are. All you will get here is abuse.

I am not even happy people are talking about pregnancy. That is unfair.

But the lady has not even responded to anybody.

But I find it so funny that women of today equate themselves to men using manipulation and bottom power. Since she cannot find out the heart of her husband, she doesn't qualify to be a wife.

Ladies, before you marry, read the book of PROVERBS, SONGS OF SOLOMON in the bible to know what your duties to your husband are.

Stop listening to your fellow girls who are unmarried. Shamefully some mothers were not even well trained so they cannot train their daughters to fit into marriage life.

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Fezzolee: 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
STOP POSTING PRE WEDDING PICTURES MAKE VILLAGE PEOPLE NO SEE WHERE TO START, YOU LAUGH ON PRE WEDDING PICTURES AND BE SAD IN THE REAL DEAL.. SORRY O, GOD HELP YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Mariangeles(f): 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by curvilicious: 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
mecc:
He said you are nagging hmmm, is it true? What did the Bible say about a nagging woman. Bia enyia change your character and build your home.
See the way your comparing your self with him brother, you be like trouble maker self.
Make I come dey go jor grin

Don't talk like dat joor
Woman dey sick the man didn't boda much but stood by the broda thru the broda's wife ailment. Who wont feel bad abt dat?

1 Like

Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Toluensdollars(m): 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
Judging by what u posted here, i think u are d cause of d problems u r facing in ur marriage. With what i read, it doesn't look like ur character or attitude is d cause, no its not. D cause of these problem is U and only U can solve it. Check yourself, is there anything u've stopped doing which attracts him to u since u guys are married?, Have u lost ur taste for dressing and looking attractive since u r married? Are u d type of woman who doesn't care abt her stature, beauty, weight and dress code since u r married? If u can change, i think u r going to win him back to yourself.
Re: I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House by Unitedabby(m): 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
Memories12411:
My sister you are welcome to "Men's World". The heart of men is desperately wicked. If you are not doing anything to generate income for the family is a great problem for you because anything about you irritates him. Check your financial life very well.
Secondly, it could be you have turned yourself to a different person after giving birth to your child. Check your looks.
Last but not the least. Check your relationship with your in-laws. They could be instigating your husband.
In conclusion, I encourage you to pray without ceasing.
Not a bad point that just that i disagree on the "...generate income for the family..."part as not all men want their wives' financial contribution in marriage and tbh i will not like that either.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing / Makinde Pilot Sisters: Mopelola, Oluwaseun and Oluwafunmilayo / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.