Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Being Loyal To Your Boss Vs Eye Service. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Being Loyal To Your Boss Vs Eye Service. (676 Views)

Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? / Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Loyal To Your Boss Vs Eye Service. by Buharist: 8:28am On Dec 25, 2017
I use to think that hard work, outstanding performance, exceeding your target, deliverables and excellent KPI appraisal rating are the basis for promotions and carrier progress especially in big firms. Unfortunately am beginning to see the Nigerian factor play out even in private firm.

Merit which is supposed to determine who gets what is now the least considered variable. instead 'eye service' and so called loyalty have become the main thing.

How come to earn promotion you must be in the good book of your boss, lick your supervisor ass, be a gossip and rumor monger by spying on other staffs and feeding your boss with information, sleeping with your boss and even submitting false records and reports to show outstanding performance.

In the end, it is the organization that suffers as they will keep loosing their very good hands who will have no option but to look elsewhere out of frustration after staying on one level for a long time without been promoted.

What is the experience like in your place of work?
Re: Being Loyal To Your Boss Vs Eye Service. by Skyfornia(m): 8:46am On Dec 25, 2017
My brother you are very right...eye service and as3 licking are the major qualities for recognition and promotion in most organizations here in 9ja. It is a very bad practice and employers are obviously promoting such lackadaisical behaviour. It was a prerequisite at my last place of work. I don't want to go into details but I have realized the best thing is to own your business and become your own boss no matter how small the business.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Flour Mills Nigeria A Goo Place To Work>? / Please What Are The Career Options For Those Writing PLAB / IDEAS Education Expo Event 2018: Study, Work/live In Canada, USA And Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.