Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,745 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Muhammad's Satanic Verses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muhammad's Satanic Verses (1329 Views)

Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" / Misuse Of The Bible Verses / Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2017
When Muhammad was in Mecca, his followers were few, his movement grew painfully slowly and he, too, felt the pain of estrangement from his tribe. According to early and treasured biographical and historical accounts of Muhammad, he longed for better relations and reconciliation with his community. According to many Islamic sources, Muhammad once delivered a revelation in Mecca promoting polytheism. He advocated the worship of Meccan goddesses: Allat, Uzza, and Manat as intercessors with God. Satan put his words in Muhammad’s mouth and he spoke Satan’s words as the word of God. Meccans idolaters who heard this were overjoyed and joined Muhammad in ritual prostration during the recitation of the Surah an-Najm. Tensions eased, reconciliation was at hand, and all were delighted. The Meccan refugees who had fled to Abyssinia heard that persecution of Muslims have ended and started to return home. Later, he claimed that Satan had tricked him into delivering these infamous “Satanic Verses” after angel Gabriel confronted him. This event is documented by the four early biographical writers of Muhammad’s life: Ibn Ishaq, Wakidi, Ibn Sa’d, and Tabari. The Hadith and Qur’an also contain direct references.
Satanic Verses
Q53:19 – Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza
Q53:20 – And Manat, the third, the other?
SV53:21 – These are the exalted cranes (intermediaries)
SV53:22 – Whose intercession is to be hoped for.
The cranes whose intercession was recognised were the three female deities Meccans idolaters worshipped. When the revelation was completed, Muhammad, his followers and the Meccans idolaters all prostrated together.
Original verses in Qur’an
Q53:19 – Have you then considered Al-Lât, and Al-‘Uzza (two idols of the pagan Arabs)
Q53:20 – And Manât (another idol of the pagan Arabs), the other third?
Q53:21 – Is it for you the males and for Him the females?
Q53:22 – That indeed is a division most unfair!
Q53:19-22 “Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza And Manat, the third, the other? What! For you the males and for Him the females? That indeed is an unfair division”
Q53:21-22 “Why – for yourselves you would prefer only sons, whereas to Him you assign daughters! Behold, this indeed is an unfair division. (You worship female idols and resent having daughters).”
-Satan tampering with revelations.
Q22:52 “Whenever We sent any messenger or prophet before you, and he recited anything [of Our revelation], Satan tampered with it. But God abrogates Satans interjections and then He firmly reaffirms His revelations. God is all knowing and all wise.”
These two verses from the Qur’an are considered to have reference to the compromise between Muhammad and the Arabs, and Muhammad’s eventual rejection of it.
Q17:73-74 – Verily, they were about to tempt you away from that which We have revealed (the Quran) unto you (O Muhammad SAW), to fabricate something other than it against Us, and then they would certainly have taken you a friend! And had We not made you stand firm, you would nearly have inclined to them a little.
Sahih Bukhari – Book 6, Volume 60, Hadith 385
Narrated Ibn Abbas: The Prophet performed a prostration when he finished reciting Surat-an-Najm, and all the Muslims and pagans and Jinns and human beings prostrated along with him.
Sahih Bukhari – Volume 2, Book 19, Hadith 173
Narrated `Abdullah bin Mas`ud: The Prophet recited Suratan-Najm at Mecca and prostrated while reciting it and those who were with him did the same except an old man who took a handful of small stones or earth and lifted it to his forehead and said, “This is sufficient for me.” Later on, I saw him killed as a non-believer.
Sahih Muslim – Book 4, Hadith 1191
Abdullah (b. ‘Umar) reported: The Apostle of Allah recited (Surat) al Najm and performed prostration during its recital and all those who were along with him also prostrated themselves except one old man who took a handful of pebbles or dust in his palm and lifted it to his forehead and said: This is sufficient for me. ‘Abdullah said: I saw that he was later killed in a state of unbelief.
Sunan Abu Dawud – Book 7, Hadith 1401
Narrated ‘Abd Allah (b. Mas’ud): The Messenger of Allah recited Surah al-Najm and prostrated himself. No one remained there who did not prostrate (along with him). A man from the people took a handful of pebbles or dust and raised it to his face saying: This is enough for me. ‘Abd Allah (b. Mas’ud) said: I later saw him killed as an infidel.
Jami’ at-Tirmidhi – Book 1, Hadith 575
Ibn Abbas narrated: “The Messenger of Allah prostrated for it – meaning (in Surat) An-Najm – and so did the Muslims, the idolaters, the Jinns, and the people.”
Cc; Lalasticlala
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 9:13am On Dec 25, 2017
Sunan an-Nasa’i – Book 11, Hadith 959
It was narrated from Ja’far bin Al-Muttalib bin Abi Wada’ah that: His father said: “The Messenger of Allah recited Surat An-Najm in Makkah and prostrated, and those who were with him prostrated. I raised my head and refused to prostrate.” At that time Al-Muttalib had not yet accepted Islam.
Ibn Ishaq – Sirat Rasulullah, Page 165-167
Now the apostle was anxious for the welfare of his people, wishing to attract them as far as he could. . . . When the apostle saw that his people turned their backs on him and he was pained by their estrangement from what he brought them from God he longed that there should come to him from God a message that would reconcile his people to him. Because of his love for his people and his anxiety over them it would delight him if the obstacle that made his task so difficult could be removed. . . . Then God sent down “By the star when it sets your comrade errs not and is not deceived, he speaks not from his own desire,” and when he reached His words “Have you thought of al-Lat and al-Uzza and Manat the third, the other”, Satan, when he was meditating upon it, and desiring to bring it to his people, put upon his tongue “these are the exalted Gharaniq [Numidian cranes] whose intercession is approved.” When the Quraysh heard that, they were delighted and greatly pleased at the way in which he spoke of their gods and they listened to him; while the believers were holding that what their prophet brought them from their Lord was true, not suspecting a mistake or a vain desire or a slip, and when he reached the prostration and the end of the Sura in which he prostrated himself the Muslims prostrated themselves when their prophet prostrated confirming what he brought and obeying his command, and the polytheists of Quraysh and others who were in the mosque prostrated when they heard the mention of their gods, so that everyone in the mosque believer and unbeliever prostrated . . . Then the people dispersed and the Quraysh went out, delighted at what had been said about their gods, saying, “Muhammad has spoken of our gods in splendid fashion. He alleged in what he read that they are the exalted Gharaniq whose intercession is approved.”
The news reached the prophet’s companions who were in Abyssinia, it being reported that Quraysh had accepted Islam, so some men started to return while others remained behind. Then Gabriel came to the apostle and said, “What have you done, Muhammad? You have read to these people something I did not bring you from God and you have said what He did not say to you.” The apostle was bitterly grieved and was greatly in fear of God. So God sent down (a revelation), for He was merciful to him, comforting him and making light of the affair and telling him that every prophet and apostle before him desired as he desired and wanted what he wanted and Satan interjected something into his desires as he had on his tongue. So God annulled what Satan had suggested and God established His verses, i.e. you are just like the prophets and apostles. Then God sent down: “We have not sent a prophet or apostle before you but when he longed Satan cast suggestions in his longing. But God will annul what Satan has suggested. Then God will establish his verses, God being knowing and wise.”
It does seem that the story was included in Ibn Ishaq’s original work as in the other early biographies. A point that also strengthens this conclusion is the fact of the return of the emigrant Muslims which is credited by Ibn Hisham to the Meccan conversions in his reclension of Ibn Ishaq’s original Sirat: “The apostle’s companions who had gone to Abyssinia heard that the Meccans had accepted Islam and they set out for their homeland”.
TABARI – volume 6, page 107
The messenger of God was eager for the welfare of his people and wished to effect a reconciliation with them in whatever ways he could. It is said that he wanted to find a way to do this, and what happened was a follows. (170)
Ibn Humayd – Salamah-Muhammad b. Ishaq – Yazid b. Ziyad al-Madani – Muhammad b. Ka’b al-Qurazi: When the messenger of God saw how his tribe turned their backs on him and was grieved to see them shunning the message he had brought to them from God, he longed in his soul that something would come to him from God which would reconcile him with his tribe. With his love for his tribe and his eagerness for their welfare it would have delighted him if some of the difficulties which they made for him could have been smoothed out, and he debated with himself and fervently desired such an outcome. Then God revealed: (171)
“By the Star when it sets, your comrade does not err, nor is he deceived; nor does he speak out of (his own) desire…”
and when he came to the words:
Have you thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza and Manat, the third, the other?
Satan cast on his tongue, because of his inner debates and what he desired to bring to his people, the words:
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 9:16am On Dec 25, 2017
“These are the high flying cranes; verily their intercession is accepted with approval. (172)
When Quraysh heard this, they rejoiced and were happy and delighted at the way in which he spoke of their gods, and they listened to him, while the Muslims, having complete trust in their prophet in respect of the messages which he brought from God, did not suspect him of error, illusion, or mistake. When he came to the prostration, having completed the surah, he prostrated himself and the Muslims did likewise, following their prophet, trusting in the message which he had brought and following his example. Those polytheists of the Quraysh and others who were in the mosque (173) likewise prostrated themselves because of the reference to their gods which they had heard, so that there was no one in the mosque, believer orunbeliever, who did not prostrate himself.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by okosodo: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2017
Na wa oh. One mad man just deceived generations

1 Like

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 9:56am On Dec 25, 2017
okosodo:
Na wa oh. One mad man just deceived generations
they are still lot of articles.
I will post them soon

1 Like

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by enilove(m): 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
because an old man refused to bow , they killed him?

What do those who call Islam a peaceful religion need as evidence that Islam is pure evil?

1 Like

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2017
Moh Ahmad deceived with Islam same as Paul and his friends deceived with Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
enilove:
because an old man refused to bow , they killed him?

What do those who call Islam a peaceful religion need as evidence that Islam is pure evil?

a man who abused a child.
Do you know that Slave trade in Islam is legal

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:
Moh Ahmad deceived with Islam same as Paul and his friends deceived with Christianity.
bro, ur proves.
You need me to tell you more things about Islam.
Do you know that slave trade in Islam is legal
That why you still see such in Libya.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
OnyeOGA:

bro, ur proves.
You need me to tell you more things about Islam.
Do you know that slave trade in Islam is legal
That why you still see such in Libya.
I am not saying that you are wrong about Moh Ahmad, I'm only saying that both Islam and Chirstianity brought two types of slavery to the world; Islam brings physical slavery while Christianity offers mind slavery. They work together to put the world in slavery.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:
I am not saying that you are wrong about Moh Ahmad, I'm only saying that both Islam and Chirstianity brought two types of slavery to the world; Islam brings physical slavery while Christianity offers mind slavery. They work together to put the world in slavery.
grin
just tell me that you don't understand Christianity. Christianity an never force you to worship God. You and i have free will. In Islam, if you don't join them get ready for ur head to be chopped off.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
OnyeOGA:

grin
just tell me that you don't understand Christianity. Christianity an never force you to worship God. You and i have free will. In Islam, if you don't join them get ready for ur head to be chopped off.

Hell FIRE!!!!!! If you don't worship Yahweh, you end up in HELL FIREEEEEE!!! What mental slavery can be more than this?

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 1:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:

Hell FIRE!!!!!! If you don't worship Yahweh, you end up in HELL FIREEEEEE!!! What mental slavery can be more than this?
just like i said. If you like you follow Yahweh. If you don't like don't follow him.
And lemme tell you. Christianity can never force you to believe. But they teach you to know.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
OnyeOGA:

just like i said. If you like you follow Yahweh. If you don't like don't follow him.
And lemme tell you. Christianity can never force you to believe. But they teach you to know.
If you don't like....WIND UP IN HELL FIRE cheesy SEE MIND SLAVERY TACTIC wink
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:
If you don't like....WIND UP IN HELL FIRE cheesy SEE MIND SLAVERY TACTIC wink
grin
you don't know the meaning of slavery young man.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 1:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
OnyeOGA:

grin
you don't know the meaning of slavery young man.
Pls enlighten me.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by enilove(m): 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:
Pls enlighten me.

Which one is mind slavery?
You own your mind and still in control of it as long as you are living. You can choose to believe hell or not.

Many Christians don't believe in hell and many believe. That means you have options to choose unlike Islam , you don't believe you are to be killed here on earth not until death.

When your parents warns you about an issue and gives you a direct order, is that mind slavery.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
enilove:

Which one is mind slavery?
You own your mind and still in control of it as long as you are living. You can choose to believe hell or not.

Many Christians don't believe in hell and many believe. That means you options to choose unlike Islam , you don't believe you are to be killed here on earth not until death.

When your parents warned you about an issue and gives you direct order, is that a mind slavery.
Minds are enslaved when you are being threatened with fire after death; when they tell you to become a christians or else a god will kill you; when they tell you that you cannot be rich except if you pay your tithes, then fearfully you observe and do all these things, then you are in mind slavery. Yes, that mind slavery is what majority of people suffer today. Read Deuteronomy 28:14 to the end and see how Moses used mind game to enslave his people and now the world.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:
Minds are enslaved when you are being threatened with fire after death; when they tell you to become a christians or else a god will kill you; when they tell you that you cannot be rich except if you pay your tithes, then fearfully you observe and do all these things, then you are in mind slavery. Yes, that mind slavery is what majority of people suffer today. Read Deuteronomy 28:14 to the end and see how Moses used mind game to enslave his people and now the world.
bro, nothing like mind slavery in Christianity
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by enilove(m): 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:

According to many country's constitutions , when you kill , the government will execute you if you are found guilty , how is that different from God's law?

If the government of the world set up laws and penalty for every offender , is the govt guilty of mind slavery?

Only an irresponsible person would not want to be punished for his or her wickedness . God is so merciful to the extent of warning us of the punishment for evil acts committed by us, but you see that warning as mind slavery because you want to do evil and go away with it. There is even grace for repentance unlike the govt of this world,

Moses did not come to Africa , how come African people used to kill other human beings like themselves for rituals, Can you see that in Israel ? No. The number of virgins , pregnant women and twins Africans have killed in the name of religion cannot be quantified. That is why Africa is still backward because of the innocent blood crying against her.
This is still going on among the politicians and money ritualists.
But because you are an enemy of righteousness , you prefer to call black white and white black.

The religion that tells you not to kill but to love is evil in your own sight, only God will save you.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 7:41pm On Dec 25, 2017
enilove:

According to many country's constitutions , when you kill , the government will execute you if you are found guilty , how is that different from God's law?
Government laws are reasonable, same as God's laws of the universe. But Yahweh's laws are meaningless. Imagine, telling you to observe petty things and the punishment for breaking such laws is everlasting punishments in the fire. Tell me, which government set such nonsesn law? Pls anytime you are speaking with me, you should either use 'god' for Yahweh or simply mention the name of your god rather than using the capital letter G. Let's reserve the capital letter G for God Almighty who created Yahweh, thanks.

:
If the government of the world set up laws and penalty for every offender , is the govt guilty of mind slavery?
Can the government set petty and nonsense laws like killing someone for working on the Sabbath day? Can the government put anyone in everlasting fire? Even what SARS are doing is not up to what Yahweh have done in term of cruelty, yet we are already calling for #ENDSARS. How much more a god who behaves like a beast, putting people in mind slavery?

:
Only an irresponsible person would not want to be punished for his or her wickedness . God is so merciful to the extent of warning us of the punishment for evil acts committed by us, but you see that warning as mind slavery because you want to do evil and go away with it. There is even grace for repentance unlike the govt of this world,
Once again, try mentioning the name of your god rather than using the term God, because to me, Yahweh, Moloch, Allah, Mazda etc are not merciful but heartless. But God Almighty who created them is truly merciful, that's why there is a place for correction after death, unlike Yahweh his creature who is bent on imagining fire for his followers who err.

:
Moses did not come to Africa , how come African people used to kill other human beings like themselves for rituals, Can you see that in Israel ? No. The number of virgins , pregnant women and twins Africans have killed in the name of religion cannot be quantified. That is why Africa is still backward because of the innocent blood crying against her.
This is still going on among the politicians and money ritualists.
But because you are an enemy of righteousness , you prefer to call black white and white black.
Africa alone is not where human rituals was done. Even Jephthah sacrificed her daughter to Yahweh. Elijah sacrificed thoudands of the prophets of Baal on the altar. All these things were done as commanded by Yahweh your god. Yahweh even commanded that you should not allow a witch to live. You should stone a disobedient child to death. You should kill anyone who worked on the sabbath day, etc.
So you can see all these rituals done in Israel, or you want to say otherwise?

:

The religion that tells you not to kill but to love is evil in your own sight, only God will save you.
What I am saying is beyond religion. I speak the truth not from the dish of any religion. Even Buddhism tells you not to kill, so what's the big deal in that? BTW, action speaks louder that words. This your supposed god who said don't kill is double-mouthed. He commanded the Israelites to kill other tribes and their animals and not to have pity on them. So you can see that your god is dishonest.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
OnyeOGA:

bro, nothing like mind slavery in Christianity
Niflheim, where is that picture where Christians are eating grasses on the field as commanded by their pastor? How do you analyse such incidence? Mind freedom? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:
Niflheim, where is that picture where Christians are eating grasses on the field as commanded by their pastor? How do you analyse such incidence? Mind freedom? undecided
Jesus warned ( Matt. 7:15), “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.” Much of His ministry consisted of confronting the false teaching of the religious leaders of His day (cf. Matt. 16:11-12; 23:1-39). In His discourse on things to come, He warned ( Matt. 24:4-5), “See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.”
The apostle Peter devotes most of 2 Peter to warning against false teachers. Jude devotes his entire short letter to the same theme. John in his epistles repeatedly warns of false teachers. Paul’s final words to the Ephesian elders warned them ( Acts 20:28-30),
Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2017
OnyeOGA:

Jesus warned ( Matt. 7:15), “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.” Much of His ministry consisted of confronting the false teaching of the religious leaders of His day (cf. Matt. 16:11-12; 23:1-39). In His discourse on things to come, He warned ( Matt. 24:4-5), “See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.”
The apostle Peter devotes most of 2 Peter to warning against false teachers. Jude devotes his entire short letter to the same theme. John in his epistles repeatedly warns of false teachers. Paul’s final words to the Ephesian elders warned them ( Acts 20:28-30),
Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.

Your supposed Jesus also commanded Peter to feed his flock. So when the pastors sheepilize their members and feed them with grasses as flock of sheep, who caused it? That's the reason why Cuenca spoke against the tool of mind slavery many years back.
Doctufos:
Lishius 16: 15-16
15. and cuenca said, if this Krista[Christ] whom they profess is more of a tool of deception than of truth, why then did he have to die at all?
16. For the deception in the name of this supposed son of god is already more than the truth.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:

Your supposed Jesus also commanded Peter to feed his flock. So when the pastors sheepilize their members and feed them with grasses as flock of sheep, who caused it? That's the reason why Cuenca spoke against the tool of mind slavery many years back.
Jesus gave Peter a three-fold command to “feed my sheep” in John 21:15-17. Each time Jesus said, “Feed my sheep,” it was in response to Peter’s three- fold declaration of love for Jesus. The setting was one of the last of Jesus’ post-resurrection appearances to His disciples on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. Jesus prepared a breakfast of fish and bread for them, and then commissioned Peter with the task of feeding His sheep and tending His lambs.
The three commands, although often translated the same way, are subtly different. The first time Jesus says it, the Greek means literally “pasture (tend) the lambs” (v. 15). The Greek word for “pasture” is in the present tense, denoting a continual action of tending, feeding and caring for animals. Believers are referred to as sheep throughout Scripture. “For he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care” ( Psalm 95:7). Jesus is both our Good Shepherd ( John 10:11) and the Door of the sheepfold ( John 10:9). By describing His people as lambs, He is emphasizing their nature as immature and vulnerable and in need of tending and care.
The second time, the literal meaning is “tend My sheep” (v. 16). In this exchange, Jesus was emphasizing tending the sheep in a supervisory capacity, not only feeding but ruling over them. This expresses the full scope of pastoral oversight, both in Peter’s future and in all those who would follow him in pastoral ministry. Peter follows Jesus’ example and repeats this same Greek wordpoimainoin his first pastoral letter to the elders of the churches of Asia Minor: “Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers” ( 1 Peter 5:2).
The third time, the literal translation is “pasture (tend) the sheep” (v. 17). Here Jesus combines the different Greek words to make clear the job of the shepherd of the flock of God. They are to tend, care for, and provide spiritual food for God’s people, from the youngest lambs to the full-grown sheep, in continual action to nourish and care for their souls, bringing them into the fullness of spiritual maturity. The totality of the task set before Peter, and all shepherds, is made clear by Jesus’ three-fold command and the words He chooses.
What is this food with which shepherds are to feed the flock of God? It is no other than the Word of God. Peter declares that Christians are to desire the pure spiritual milk of the Word so that by it, we can mature in our salvation ( 1 Peter 2:2). As early as the book of Deuteronomy, we see the Lord describing His Word as food for His people who live not by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds from His mouth ( Deuteronomy 8:3). Jesus reiterates this thought in His temptation in the wilderness ( Matthew 4:4). The importance of the Word of God as food for our souls cannot be over-emphasized.
Clearly, the job of the shepherds of God’s people is to provide them with the pure milk of the Word of God so they can move on to the meat and solid food of the spiritually mature ( Hebrews 5:12-14). Pastoral ministry should be primarily one of pastors feeding their people the Word of God. Only then can pastors declare, as Peter did, their love for the Lord Jesus.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
OnyeOGA:

Jesus gave Peter a three-fold command to “feed my sheep” in John 21:15-17. Each time Jesus said, “Feed my sheep,” it was in response to Peter’s three- fold declaration of love for Jesus. The setting was one of the last of Jesus’ post-resurrection appearances to His disciples on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. Jesus prepared a breakfast of fish and bread for them, and then commissioned Peter with the task of feeding His sheep and tending His lambs.
The three commands, although often translated the same way, are subtly different. The first time Jesus says it, the Greek means literally “pasture (tend) the lambs” (v. 15). The Greek word for “pasture” is in the present tense, denoting a continual action of tending, feeding and caring for animals. Believers are referred to as sheep throughout Scripture. “For he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care” ( Psalm 95:7). Jesus is both our Good Shepherd ( John 10:11) and the Door of the sheepfold ( John 10:9). By describing His people as lambs, He is emphasizing their nature as immature and vulnerable and in need of tending and care.
The second time, the literal meaning is “tend My sheep” (v. 16). In this exchange, Jesus was emphasizing tending the sheep in a supervisory capacity, not only feeding but ruling over them. This expresses the full scope of pastoral oversight, both in Peter’s future and in all those who would follow him in pastoral ministry. Peter follows Jesus’ example and repeats this same Greek wordpoimainoin his first pastoral letter to the elders of the churches of Asia Minor: “Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers” ( 1 Peter 5:2).
The third time, the literal translation is “pasture (tend) the sheep” (v. 17). Here Jesus combines the different Greek words to make clear the job of the shepherd of the flock of God. They are to tend, care for, and provide spiritual food for God’s people, from the youngest lambs to the full-grown sheep, in continual action to nourish and care for their souls, bringing them into the fullness of spiritual maturity. The totality of the task set before Peter, and all shepherds, is made clear by Jesus’ three-fold command and the words He chooses.
What is this food with which shepherds are to feed the flock of God? It is no other than the Word of God. Peter declares that Christians are to desire the pure spiritual milk of the Word so that by it, we can mature in our salvation ( 1 Peter 2:2). As early as the book of Deuteronomy, we see the Lord describing His Word as food for His people who live not by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds from His mouth ( Deuteronomy 8:3). Jesus reiterates this thought in His temptation in the wilderness ( Matthew 4:4). The importance of the Word of God as food for our souls cannot be over-emphasized.
Clearly, the job of the shepherds of God’s people is to provide them with the pure milk of the Word of God so they can move on to the meat and solid food of the spiritually mature ( Hebrews 5:12-14). Pastoral ministry should be primarily one of pastors feeding their people the Word of God. Only then can pastors declare, as Peter did, their love for the Lord Jesus.
Too long, I couldn't read it all. So pastors who feed the sheep with grasses, what should we call that? Remember that sheep are actually herbivores.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:
Too long, I couldn't read it all. So pastors who feed the sheep with grasses, what should we call that? Remember that sheep are actually herbivores.
read it all.
So that you will understand what Jesus mean by telling Peter to feed the sheep.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OtemAtum: 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
OnyeOGA:

read it all.
So that you will understand what Jesus mean by telling Peter to feed the sheep.
Yes, I understand. He was telling Peter to indoctrinate the sheeple. Yes, that's what was done and it's still going on till date. I remember how it was reported that Peter used mind slavery and fear to kill Ananias and Sapphira after turning them to sheeple. Read Acts 5:1-11.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by OnyeOGA(m): 9:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
OtemAtum:
Yes, I understand. He was telling Peter to indoctrinate the sheeple. Yes, that's what was done and it's still going on till date. I remember how it was reported that Peter used mind slavery and fear to kill Ananias and Sapphira after turning them to sheeple. Read Acts 5:1-11.
grin
go and Read that Acts of Apostles 5 vs 1 to 11 again.
In case, you want me to tell you more then you can go ahead and seek.
Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by Niflheim(m): 11:18am On Dec 27, 2017
@OtemAtum,

You summoned me Sir(Like a genie in a magic lamp)!!! grin grin grin grin grin

This is a picture.................................THAT WILL BRING SHAME TO A THOUSAND GENERATIONS OF BLACK CHRISTIANS!!!

1 Like

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by CAPSLOCKED: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2017
Niflheim:
@OtemAtum,

You summoned me Sir(Like a genie in a magic lamp)!!! grin grin grin grin grin

This is a picture.................................THAT WILL BRING SHAME TO A THOUSAND GENERATIONS OF BLACK CHRISTIANS!!!

JUST IMAGINE HOW IN 500 YEARS THERE WILL BE PEOPLE LAUGHING AT US AND THE IDEA OF BELIEVING IN SO MUCH SUPERSTITIONS, HAVING GODS PAYING TITHES, IGNORING MEDICAL CARE BECAUSE OF SPIRITUAL MIRACLE WATER, AND MANY MORE NONSENSE cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad's Satanic Verses by Yian1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2017
Do you know that Slave trade in Islam is legal
[/quote] if you want to clarify anything, do your findings very well and sto saying what you know nothing about. Islam has never encouraged slavery. fear God and dont mislead souls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barbados Officially Separates From Uk, Fulfilling Tb Joshua’s 2020 Prophecy / Aliens Are Not "Aliens" But Demons, Do Not Allow Yourself Get Deceived / Divine Historical Error About The Samaritan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.