Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) (1341 Views)

Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) / Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) by obinnaokeke225: 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2019
Even in the face of the security challenges in the North East, Catholic faithful among the Nigerian soldiers get solace, grace, strength, and power from the Holy Mass/ Holy Eucharist.

Reverend Father, adorned in army uniform and armed with his rifle, presided over the celebration, where they hand themselves and the security situation in Nigeria over to God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z76ubrx-TTU
READ MORE: https://www.anaedoonline.com/2019/02/21/priest-armed-sambisa-forest/

lalasticlala
Re: Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2019
This is normal, they are called army chaplains.

Those are catholic priests who serve among soldiers, they receive military training and bear arms. Many even have military rank. I think cardinal okogie used to be one. In US they have their own diocese and bishops.

I used to have WW II pictures of such priests saying mass in battle fields, right in the front lines.
crazy.
Re: Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2019
lalastica
Re: Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) by KGBEAST(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2019
Ubenedictus:
This is normal, they are called army chaplains.

Those are catholic priests who serve among soldiers, they receive military training and bear arms. Many even have military rank. I think cardinal okogie used to be one. In US they have their own diocese and bishops.

I used to have WW II pictures of such priests saying mass in battle fields, right in the front lines.
crazy.
Nicholas Okoh (Head of Anglican Church in Nigeria, a retired Colonel not Cardinal Okogie)
Re: Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) by Ubenedictus(m): 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
KGBEAST:

Nicholas Okoh (Head of Anglican Church in Nigeria, a retired Colonel not Cardinal Okogie)
Actually I am confident of what i am talking about, the young olubumi okogie when he was just a priest was drafted into the military as a chaplain and serve during the biafran war.
he left after the war.
Re: Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) by KGBEAST(m): 1:17am On Feb 22, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Actually I am confident of what i am talking about, the young olubumi okogie when he was just a priest was drafted into the military as a chaplain and serve during the biafran war.
he left after the war.
You are right, I just googled it, my apologies smiley smiley smiley
Re: Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) by Ubenedictus(m): 1:00pm On Feb 22, 2019
KGBEAST:
You are right, I just googled it, my apologies smiley smiley smiley
no problem.
so the anglican primate was a colonel? that is nice.
Re: Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) by KGBEAST(m): 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2019
Ubenedictus:
no problem.

so the anglican primate was a colonel?
that is nice.
Lt. Colonel to be precise, chaplains can't rise above full Colonel
Re: Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
KGBEAST:
Lt. Colonel to be precise, chaplains can't rise above full Colonel
Wow that's a nice one
Why cant they rise above colonel?
Re: Catholic Priest Armed While Celebrating Mass In Sambisa Forest (video) by KGBEAST(m): 7:41am On Feb 23, 2019
Ubenedictus:
Wow
that's a nice one

Why cant they rise above colonel?
Terms of commissioning/recruitment under NDA, I saw it in a recent NDA recruitment ad, the head of Army chaplaincy is always a Colonel, and it was started there that's the highest post available for them

(1) (Reply)

Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues / Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... / Nigerian Pastor Oyegeyege Raises A Woman From The Dead (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.