Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians (61992 Views)

More Reactions From Nigerians As Buhari Says "Edo Central" While He's In Ondo / Reactions From Nigerians As NLC Calls Off Strike / Patience Jonathan's Christmas Dress Compared To A Fowl (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by zikter(m): 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2017
9jakohai:
There is a simple explanation, and no i am not defending the govt.

1.During GEJ'S govt, the oil price was $94-120. That meant we had enough dollars to buffer the naira...and as a result the value of the naira was stronger..meaning we needed fewer naira to import rice.

2.Now, during Old Man Bubu's govt, the price of oil has fallen to $28-65. This means we have less dollars to buffer the naira, and the value falls.Meaning we need more naira to import the rice.

3.If oil jumps up to $100 again, rice prices will fall...see1 .

4.What does this mean?

a)INCREASE DOMESTIC RICE PRODUCTION...via mechanised farming and irrigation

b)Get other sources of dollars...ie industrialization., industrialization.

Fin.

Modified...To all GEJ and PMB supporters....if you guys can stop quoting me to fight your continuing battle over who is better or worser....and look at my point number 4 again...you will see where our problem lies.

Thank you.
the most sensible comment I have read so far. unfortunately the audience here are mostly childish and will not agree with your intelligent submission. as far as they are concerned, it is all about buhari and Jonathan.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by deomelo: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2017
[s]
LordAdam16:

Here's what I typed

"If you quote me again without answering my questions, you'd have accepted that you are a DEM*NTED ID*OT!"

Yet you quoted without answering my questions.

Good thing you know you are a DEM*NTED ID*OT.

Au revoir!

-Lord
[/s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrsjqTE_p8

Even his own minister put the blame at his feet so stop sounding ignorant and unintelligent.

Okonjo already answered your question in the above video so no need for me to keep wasting my valuable time on trolls, ignorant and unintelligent clowns like you.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by jonnytad(m): 8:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
Bollinger:

There is absolutely no difference between Buhari, GEJ, OBJ's tenure. In fact, the worst was OBJ's presidencey. What is happening now is not new. It is Nigeria's history. Just listen to fela's songs now and you'd think he just released them yesterday. Meanwhile his songs are like 30 to 40 years old. What does that tell you?

Not a fan of any of them...... bt i think Jonathan is better in terms of compassion.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by BetaThings: 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
NwaChibuzor909:
Merry Christmas to the greatest leader in Nigeria's history. We all miss you.

The families of the dead Immigration recruitment applicants don't agree
The families of those who died in the 2010 independence day bombing which Jonathan tried to exploit politically by cooking up text messages to link IBB with the incident don't agree

Let me remind you how ruthless Jonathan really is
http://www..com/talk/topic,46999.0.html

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by BetaThings: 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
jonnytad:

Not a fan of any of them...... bt i think Jonathan is better in terms of compassion.

Jonathan is least in compassion
A leader would always have people telling him not to give in because his enemies are at work
But a compassionate leader will pause and ask himself the consequences of his adviser being wrong

They gave him a wrong call on Chibok girls that his enemies planned it
They gave him a wrong call on Oct 1 2010 bombing and he concocted text messages to link Dokpesi with it
and on the Immigration recruitment deaths, he did nothing

And of the three, Jonathan in the only civilian!

Sir, where is the compassion

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Bollinger(m): 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2017
Guyman02:

Abacha is one of Nigerias best rulers minus yoruba led NADECO media propaganda against his Govt

One of the biggest problems in nigeria is its citizens don't care to know their history and it is a shame. Smh. You should be flogged.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by deomelo: 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
jonnytad:

They lied to you because he's the most horrible and vindictive president ever.

Was he compassionate when he refused to accept the fact that the chibok girls were kidnapped and ultimately refused to rescue them till the world force him to accept that fact with BRING BACK OUR GIRLS.

Was he compassionate when he sent the military to attack news outlets, publications and destroy their properties including news items?

Was he compassionate when he used the military to crush innocent subsidy demonstrators in Lagos.?

Was he compassionate when young job seeking Nigerians died and refused to return the job application money he scammed fro them and refused to apologize or even punished the people involved?

Was he compassionate when he looked the other way while his cronies were looting the treasury or when he gave them cover by saying stealing is not corruption?

That's a horrible human being and there's nothing compassionate about him.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by davidif: 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
NwaChibuzor909:

Wow!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

This shows you how much this country and continent has suffered that someone as poor a leader as Jonathan could be regarded as Nigeria's best leader.
This is why INEC has to change the electoral laws to allow more people to run for office. Anyone who can garner at least 200 signatures should be allowed to run that way we have better candidates rather than whoever APC or PDP spit out during election season. It makes no sense that in a country of approximately 150 million people that Nigeria can't produce better candidates than Jonathan and Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by davidif: 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
nely:
Thank you GEJ, now we understood what you meant in 2015,that we will celebrate you when you leave office, please on behalf of my fellow Nigerians we are sorry

In behalf of you and who? Please speak for yourself abeg.

Goodness gracious! This shows you how much this country and continent has suffered that some people miss someone as poor a leader as GEJ.
Our electoral system has to be overhauled to allow us to get better candidates instead of whoever APC or PDP give us. Both parties have been truly horrendous.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Engrghidazuka: 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
PMB is a symbol of hardship and misfortune!

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by deomelo: 9:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
[s]
Engrghidazuka:
PMB is a symbol of hardship and misfortune!
[/s]

Your uncle jona presided over countless fuel crisis and shortages so of what relevance is your internet poster?

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Meekha(m): 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2017
Doyin2:

Thankyou.Many Nigerians are so gullible to political theatrics.

How do you expect price of rice not to be higher when the dollar revenue shrank due to oil price crash?

And by the way,these are temporary times.How much will rice be when PMB leaves in 2023?

Present comparison is baseless and stupid.

Thou must be mad for saying that PMB will remain in power till 2023
U wanna turn nigeria to a graveyard abi??
i guess PMB is gonna be the president of your own house alone..as for Nigeria, we utterly REJECT him!!!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by nely(m): 10:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
davidif:

In behalf of you and who? Please speak for yourself abeg.

Goodness gracious! This shows you how much this country and continent has suffered that some people miss someone as poor a leader as GEJ.
Our electoral system has to be overhauled to allow us to get better candidates instead of whoever APC or PDP give us. Both parties have been truly horrendous.
gej wasn't too good but he was better than this man in charge now
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by DateMynd44(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
princechurchill:
To my Muslim friends Merry Xmas and also rejoice with us over the declaration of Jerusalem as Israel's capital
guy you're wicked @ the pics
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Raypeckson(m): 10:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
FooL!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by davidif: 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
nely:

gej wasn't too good but he was better than this man in charge now

GEJ was horrendous he failed in so many ways and the incumbent seems to have made things worse.

We need to completely overhaul our electoral system. It has completely failed us. When a system is bad it would always lead to bad outcomes as in bad leaders.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 26, 2017
DateMynd44:
shut up. Jerusalem belongs to Israel. That is the final declaration.

Well by your moniker,I know you state of mind
Who on earth would want to date mynd44 .best of kucj in your endeavour
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by mikolo80: 12:35am On Dec 26, 2017
FILEBE:

You are assuming wrongly. There are people in other parties that wants to make a difference. It seems APC and PDP have succeeded in brainwashing us all. We are not a two party system so why base the election on both?
intention is not the same .even Jonathan and obj wanted to make a difference. And ppl can tell who is serious and who isn't. And most people and parties are not serious.good intentions is not enough. I want results not intentions. That's why I voted for apc to get rid of apc . Nothing good can come of PDP.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by FILEBE(m): 2:08am On Dec 26, 2017
mikolo80:
intention is not the same .even Jonathan and obj wanted to make a difference. And ppl can tell who is serious and who isn't. And most people and parties are not serious.good intentions is not enough. I want results not intentions. That's why I voted for apc to get rid of apc . Nothing good can come of PDP.

Oh oh. Mikolo80. . I can say the same, nothing good can come out of APC. I would have thought you to be an APC fan if you had not spoken against Ambode. Glad to know you are not partial. But you are still getting it wrong, so it seems. Let me summarize that Atiku and Buhari should not be an option for the presidency let's see what other parties have for us and we choose wisely. Jonathan and Obj are incomparable. While one is soft, listens to people and tries to please them all(a mistake) , the other is strick and enforces his rules. Obj would have been Nigeria's best president but he didn't do much to salvage Nigeria's situation even after 8 yrs. Presidency is not limited to APC and PDP let's vote for the best man.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by blacknp(m): 5:01am On Dec 26, 2017
NwaChibuzor909:
GOD forgive you.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by blacknp(m): 5:10am On Dec 26, 2017
davidif:

GEJ was horrendous he failed in so many ways and the incumbent seems to have made things worse.

We need to completely overhaul our electoral system. It has completely failed us. When a system is bad it would always lead to bad outcomes as in bad leaders.
A bad tree will always yield bad fruits,you people Nigerians are a bunch of Hypocrites that hide their wickedness behind religion.

The children of Israel asked yahweh for change after 400 years of slavery in Egypt,Moses was sent to deliver them and after only 3 days in the wilderness they cursed God and Moses for delivering them from Egypt,a journey of 4+ days ended up taking 40 years and no one from that wicked generation saw the promised land.

I am sorry for you people the mosque and church will not save you people from your hypocrisy, you do not want to sacrifice but you want to enjoy,i was told you reap what you sow.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by blacknp(m): 5:15am On Dec 26, 2017
BeijinDossier:
GEJ is a legend
Absolutely a legend,A Nigeria Nights Enertainment,Ali Baba & The Forty Thieves?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by blacknp(m): 5:21am On Dec 26, 2017
ABIOLAXYZ:
GEJ the moses of our time
And what happened to the people that followed Moses?They all perished in the wilderness because of their unbelief for what God had done for them,you will get what is coming to you.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by davidif: 6:04am On Dec 26, 2017
blacknp:
A bad tree will always yield bad fruits,you people Nigerians are a bunch of Hypocrites that hide their wickedness behind religion.

The children of Israel asked yahweh for change after 400 years of slavery in Egypt,Moses was sent to deliver them and after only 3 days in the wilderness they cursed God and Moses for delivering them from Egypt,a journey of 4+ days ended up taking 40 years and no one from that wicked generation saw the promised land.

I am sorry for you people the mosque and church will not save you people from your hypocrisy, you do not want to sacrifice but you want to enjoy,i was told you reap what you sow.

Dude, what are you talking about?? The Buhari administration has completely failed to deal with the economic crisis. He did not liberalize the oil and gas sector to attract more investment thereby creating new jobs and unleashing the potential of the nation's economy. He bungled the so called war on corruption. his policy of banning imports led to scarcity and artifical inflation of nrcessary goods to relieve the masses, he also failed to decentralize power from the center and reduce the size of the bureaucracy to make the Nigerian economy more competitive and oh lets not forget his decision to burn through our cash reserves to artificially prop up the naira instead of allowing market forces to do their job etc.
Sorry bro but at the end of the day, this administration has failed us and they have proven not to be better than the previous administration in terms of competence.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by mikolo80: 6:13am On Dec 26, 2017
FILEBE:

Oh oh. Mikolo80. . I can say the same, nothing good can come out of APC. I would have thought you to be an APC fan if you had not spoken against Ambode. Glad to know you are not partial. But you are still getting it wrong, so it seems. Let me summarize that Atiku and Buhari should not be an option for the presidency let's see what other parties have for us and we choose wisely. Jonathan and Obj are incomparable. While one is soft, listens to people and tries to please them all(a mistake) , the other is strick and enforces his rules. Obj would have been Nigeria's best president but he didn't do much to salvage Nigeria's situation even after 8 yrs. Presidency is not limited to APC and PDP let's vote for the best man.
correction
2 good things came out of APC Jonathan and PDP were removed and power of incumbency has been demystified

I don't mind another president so long as its not PDP cos if they ever get into power they will never allow an unrigged election again.

Again none of the other parties have candidates that can win.
They lack money
They lack name recognition
They lack ideas
They lack conviction
All useless from Chris OKotie to uTomi to gani to Soyinka

Brilliant in their fields
Useless in politics or economics
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by LordAdam16: 6:28am On Dec 26, 2017
mikolo80:
correction
2 good things came out of APC Jonathan and PDP were removed and power of incumbency has been demystified

I don't mind another president so long as its not PDP cos if they ever get into power they will never allow an unrigged election again.

They lack money
They lack ideas
They lack conviction

So you know?

You guys should use your strength very well to delay the inevitable.

Because when it finally happens, Buhari would be child's play.

We said "remove fuel subsidy," you guys said no.

Then we left, someone else removed the fuel subsidy, no noise.

Then the same person reintroduced the fuel subsidy, still no noise.

Ah!

Na hard life fit Nigerians.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:33am On Dec 26, 2017
deomelo:

Was he compassionate when he refused to accept the fact that the chibok girls were kidnapped and ultimately refused to rescue them till the world force him to accept that fact with BRING BACK OUR GIRLS.

Was he compassionate when he sent the military to attack news outlets, publications and destroy their properties including news items?

Was he compassionate when he used the military to crush innocent subsidy demonstrators in Lagos.?

Was he compassionate when young job seeking Nigerians died and refused to return the job application money he scammed fro them and refused to apologize or even punished the people involved?

Was he compassionate when he looked the other way while his cronies were looting the treasury or when he gave them cover by saying stealing is not corruption?

That's an horrible human being and there's nothing compassionate about him.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Ranchhoddas: 6:46am On Dec 26, 2017
LoJ:

You people should not exagerate. Jonathan was better than Buhari, but how can you people reduce the whole of nigeria to that leader? He had many flaws. Nigeria is capable of much more than that please.
Jonathan was not better than Buhari. Not even close.
Forget what you read on this forum.
Most people here are southern Christians that allow sentiments to cloud their judgement.
Jonathan was one of the worst things to happen to Nigeria.

Buhari's administration is far better than all the administrations in Nigeria I've witnessed since I became politically aware.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by crafteck(m): 8:08am On Dec 26, 2017
MossLuv:
merry Xmas the most humble and effective president Nigeria ever had. wish you a prosperous new year

Lol at effective.... He has a good heart but was surrounded by bad wife and theives, hes still clueless till date

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by FILEBE(m): 8:36am On Dec 26, 2017
mikolo80:
correction

They lack money
They lack ideas
They lack conviction

They don't need all these to be president except ideas and conviction. Come on, are you telling me that you must have money to be a president? Why? What is the money for? To buy our votes?
. All these people you mentioned you never gave them a try and you are concluding. See people you are sure about, what have they done to Nigeria so far? I don't know how you view democracy but you are not painting it well. Democracy demands that anyone can be president if he has attained the age. That's true democracy. Can't we have our own Emmanuel Macron? Is the Nigeria of your dream not the one someone like you and myself can attain those post just by voting only?

Mikolo80, these same people are drawing us backwards. We have to do away with this mentality that the rich should be ruling us. Adam Johnson comes to mind and come to think of it, these people performed well. Mwalimu of Tanzania, Abraham Lincoln wouldn't have stood a chance going by this your reasoning.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by jonnytad(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2017
deomelo:

That's a horrible human being and there's nothing compassionate about him.

Forget about sentiments. ..... I can't start naming the woes under buhari's leadership to here, even within the first two yrs of his tenure. So lets not even go there.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by jonnytad(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2017
BetaThings:

Jonathan is least in compassion
A leader would always have people telling him not to give in because his enemies are at work
But a compassionate leader will pause and ask himself the consequences of his adviser being wrong

They gave him a wrong call on Chibok girls that his enemies planned it
They gave him a wrong call on Oct 1 2010 bombing and he concocted text messages to link Dokpesi with it
and on the Immigration recruitment deaths, he did nothing

And of the three, Jonathan in the only civilian!

Sir, where is the compassion
If i am in support of Buhari, I'll do everything to back him up, bt am not in support of any. So, i can categorically that Buhari is worse. Lets not start naming his woes here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Aminu Yar’Adua Remanded In Yola Prison For Crushing Four To Death / Residents Hail Aregbesola After Jumaat Prayers In Osun - Photos / Peter Obi Branded Phone Case (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.