Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians (61939 Views)

More Reactions From Nigerians As Buhari Says "Edo Central" While He's In Ondo / Reactions From Nigerians As NLC Calls Off Strike / Patience Jonathan's Christmas Dress Compared To A Fowl (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by ripbubu: 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
How many people will buhari kill next year
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by rawtouch: 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
jona

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Liverpoolfc(m): 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
I knew this will happen one day.... How can thieves form Angel progressive community?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by GavelSlam: 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
How much was a bag of rice before PDP took over?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by bigtt76(f): 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
....And how much was our foreign reserve when you took over, how much was is after you left government? How is the foreign reserve now? #UselessPipo angry

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by dieBYfire: 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
madridguy:
Thanks GEJ.

Thanks to NIGERIA'S BEST PRESIDENT

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by hypnotic(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
meanwhile check out our store, we have cool discounts this christmas

https://hadassahlingerie.smemarkethub.com/products/christmas-deals/
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Bollinger(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
NwaChibuzor909:
Merry Christmas to the greatest leader in Nigeria's history. We all miss you.

nely:
Thank you GEJ, now we understood what you meant in 2015,that we will celebrate you when you leave office, please on behalf of my fellow Nigerians we are sorry

yeyeboi:
GOD BLESS ME

GOD BLESS US

GOD BLESS GOODLUCK JONATHAN WE MISS YOU !!!

MARRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY CHRISTIAN BROTHERS MAY WE LIVE TO CELEBRATE MANY MORE YEARS IN GOOD HEALTH AND WEALTH , AMEN smiley

Another problem in a long line of problems. Nigerians do not understand what leadership means hence their penchant for always idolizing the wrong one's. So, let's break down your logic. A bag of rice during Abacha's time was around N800 to N1000. Fuel was around N20 or 30N. With your way of thinking are you now saying Abacha is amongst the "greatest" (whatever that means) leaders in Nigeria? NIGERIANS; STOP USING YOUR STOMACHS TO DO YOUR THINKING FOR YOU. The real cause of your problems is right there in front of you but hunger and desperation no wan let una see road. What a people. Smh.

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by jonnytad(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
Thank you Sir.....
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by StarUp: 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
Don't ever rely on an average Nigerian's word: they will hail you today and shout "crucify him" tomorrow...

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by pedrilo: 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
It is well.
I'm happy APC supporters are not immune to fuel scarcity and hardship.
That is my only happiness now, nothing else.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by goshen26: 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
No one's ambition is worth the blood of a single Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Guestlander: 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
nely:
Thank you GEJ, now we understood what you meant in 2015,that we will celebrate you when you leave office, please on behalf of my fellow Nigerians we are sorry

Of course, we are celebrating him for wrecking the country and let others deal with the mess.
Dishonesty is the biggest problem with Nigerians. I guess he was such a great president that he was voted out of office.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by adedehinbo(m): 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mk Una just dey die for nothing,as if things were better during gej time,it has always been inflation since independent, make Una stop the castigating Abeg

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by HeyCorleone(m): 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
mccoy47:
I noticed most of the commenters on FB wia from the northern extraction. I guess the sai baba jazz is fading

Same thing that caught my attention mehn.. I'm very surprised.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
GEJ is one of the reasons we find ourselves in such a mess as this. When Buhari took over the kind of rot he met on ground will be enough to unnerve even the most committed of presidents. Buhari is doing his best and I support him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by skytouch2(f): 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
Those who foster this dullard on us had really done a great disservice to this nation. I wish Buhari can just resign now and let a competent man steer the affairs of this nation. Buhari is a FAILURE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by dominique(f): 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
Though I'm not thrilled with this administration but there is no indication that the economy wouldn't have plunged into recession if GEJ had retained power. Naira was already nosediving against dollar, prices of items were already skyrocketing in the weeks before he handed over. I don't see how he would have magically restored the economy if he had been voted in. He was only lucky he left before things got out of hand. Even Emir Sanusi predicted the recession

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
folahann:
Somebody tell the ineffectual Buffon that we once bought bag of rice for 2,500 and petrol for 40 Naira. Ask him how much he met in our excess crude account and how much he left there.

The key problem is

1.The value of the naira

2.The daily needs of Nigerians at that time vs now.

3.The price of crude oil.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Tugsramm(m): 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
nely:
on behalf of u nd ur family

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by sureheaven(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mtchhw....... billions of dollars were stolen under his watch while a bag of rice is sold for 8k, to some people that's an achievement. A prodigal president, the only thing he didn't sign for sale is Aso rock. NO one is better between GEJ and pmb. If not that nigerians are used to easily forgetting their past ordeal, people will never commend GEJ for anything good. Same thing will happen when pmb leaves, some people will easily forget the sufferings under him and see him as their hero. Useless country sorrounded by worst leaders and cheered by senseless citizens

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
2cato:
Like for pmb
Share 4 gej

Lolz
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by fashykenny(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
The question is what was the price of rice before PSP started rulliing this country? I am saying I am happy with the situation of Nigerians right now but don't see Gej as an angel cause he has one way or the other contributed to the down fall of this country.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Oyebee91(m): 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
9jakohai:
There is a simple explanation, and no i am not defending the govt.

1.During GEJ'S govt, the oil price was $94-120. That meant we had enough dollars to buffer the naira...and as a result the value of the naira was stronger..meaning we needed fewer naira to import rice.

2.Now, during Old Man Bubu's govt, the price of oil has fallen to $28-65. This means we have less dollars to buffer the naira, and the value falls.Meaning we need more naira to import the rice.

3.If oil jumps up to $100 again, rice prices will fall...see1 .

4.What does this mean?

a)INCREASE DOMESTIC RICE PRODUCTION...via mechanised farming and irrigation

b)Get other sources of dollars...ie industrialization., industrialization.

Fin.
all na scams

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by jonnytad(m): 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
Bollinger:

Another problem in a long line of problems. Nigerians do not understand what leadership means hence their penchant for always idolizing the wrong one's. So, let's break down your logic. A bag of rice during Abacha's time was around N800 to N1000. Fuel was around N20 or 30N. With your way of thinking are you now saying Abacha is amongst the "greatest" (whatever that means) leaders in Nigeria? NIGERIANS; STOP USING YOUR STOMACHS TO DO YOUR THINKING FOR YOU. The real cause of your problems is right there in front of you but hunger and desperation no wan let una see road. What a people. Smh.

Hmmmmmm. .... During Jonathan, there was corruption, which is naturally in our system, bt under buhari there's wickedness. This Pple care if Nigeria’s are dying.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Iamzik: 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
9jakohai:
There is a simple explanation, and no i am not defending the govt.

1.During GEJ'S govt, the oil price was $94-120. That meant we had enough dollars to buffer the naira...and as a result the value of the naira was stronger..meaning we needed fewer naira to import rice.

2.Now, during Old Man Bubu's govt, the price of oil has fallen to $28-65. This means we have less dollars to buffer the naira, and the value falls.Meaning we need more naira to import the rice.

3.If oil jumps up to $100 again, rice prices will fall...see1 .

4.What does this mean?

a)INCREASE DOMESTIC RICE PRODUCTION...via mechanised farming and irrigation

b)Get other sources of dollars...ie industrialization., industrialization.

Fin.

Bros what about obasanjo administration when crude was selling at 23per barrel?

Stop making excuses for cluelesness bubu

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by fashykenny(m): 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
The question is what was the price of rice before PdP started rulliing this country? I am not saying I am happy with the situation of Nigerians right now but don't see Gej as an angel cause he has one way or the other contributed to the down fall of this country.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by robosky02(m): 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
ok

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by echobazz: 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
mccoy47:
I noticed most of the commenters on FB wia from the northern extraction. I guess the sai baba jazz is fading
The sai baba jazz has even disappeared,nobody dares to shout sai baba in the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
dominique:
Though I'm not thrilled with this administration but there is no indication that the economy wouldn't have plunged into recession if GEJ has retained power. Naira was already nosediving against dollar, prices of items were already skyrocketing in the weeks before he handed over. I don't see how he would have magically restored the economy if he had been voted in. He was only lucky he left before things got out of hand. Even Emir Sanusi predicted the recession

True.

Anyone who lived or heard of the 'oil boom era' of 1973-82, and how things fell apart after the crash of 1982...could have seen this coming.

This is what happens for any economy based on just one source of revenue.

If GEJ had won, things won't have gotten better...neither would Buhari have improved things if he appointed his ministers as soon as he took office.

My annoyance with the PMB govt though is that they did not tell Nigerians that we have to get off our overt reliance on oil...and that getting there involves some hard choices. Instead, they are waiting for oil to go above 100 USD...hopefully the 120 needed

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Bollinger(m): 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
jonnytad:

Hmmmmmm. .... During Jonathan, there was corruption, which is naturally in our system, bt under buhari there's wickedness. This Pple care if Nigeria’s are dying.

There is absolutely no difference between Buhari, GEJ, OBJ's tenure. In fact, the worst was OBJ's presidencey. What is happening now is not new. It is Nigeria's history. Just listen to fela's songs now and you'd think he just released them yesterday. Meanwhile his songs are like 30 to 40 years old. What does that tell you?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja / Sex-starved Women Take To The Streets In Rivers / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.