Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa (14830 Views)

Adamawa Policeman Weeps As He Is Dismissed From Service For Wrongdoing (Video) / Need A Fast, Affordable Language Service For Your Medical Translation? / Language Service At TDSP TRANSLATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by naptu2: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2017
Funmi Kuo Olowofoyeku (in Abidjan), George Ola-Davies (in Paris), Sola Odunfa (in Lagos), Bola Mosuru (nee Olufunwa), Bilkisu Labaran, Manir Dan Ali, Kadaria Ahmed, Eniwoke Ebagere, Tomi Oladipo, Nkem Ifejika, Peter Okwoche, Shina Okeleji, Osasu Obayuwana.
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by SuccesYear: 7:59am On Dec 26, 2017
seguno2:

Want for what?
Since 1960, Yorubas have been ruled by people who need only 2 as cut-off mark to enter Unity schools. Since 2015, a Yoruba law professor has been Vice President to a boss who does not have secondary school certificate.
If you have any sense, you will be seriously looking at how to correct the above anomaly instead of beating your dry chest on empty swagger.
and the same Yoruba had been leading the so called Developers who are tenants looking at the scheme of things....lol

4 Likes

Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by Laredojohn(m): 8:09am On Dec 26, 2017
nice congrats to them, Toyosi has always shown signs of greatness way back the Rise Network .....
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by toprealman: 8:16am On Dec 26, 2017
dafeyankee:
I want the one on the right.
Yoruba making Nigeria proud since 1960 October 1st.
Buy one, get one free
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by toprealman: 8:16am On Dec 26, 2017
dafeyankee:
I want the one on the right.
Yoruba making Nigeria proud since 1960 October 1st.
Buy one, get one free
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by seguno2: 8:21am On Dec 26, 2017
SuccesYear:
and the same Yoruba had been leading the so called Developers who are tenants looking at the scheme of things....lol

While you are on nairaland competing virtually with your developers, those who are less educated and less developed than both of you, have spent more of your VAT and oil revenues are plotting to continue dominating your sorry ass and those of your developers.
You can lol at your misery and slavery. Na your choice to be second class citizens in your own country.

1 Like

Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by Odani: 8:32am On Dec 26, 2017
lennymutai:
How is Rachel born in Uganda luo by tribe nigerian

Pls can u teach me how to quote 2 time lines like this?
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by Luukasz(m): 8:34am On Dec 26, 2017
Pavore9:
How is Rachael Akidi Okwir, a Nigerian?

A name sounding Nigerian necessarily do not mean the bearer is Nigerian. Okoro, Olubayo, Opara, Amadi, Mbaka, Ngige etc these are tribal names in Kenya.
Olubayo, a tribal name in kenya.. Haba bros every tribe has its own name and we know the tribes that bears those names you mentioned
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by Danladi7: 8:56am On Dec 26, 2017
kokomilala:
Nigerians are making Nigerians proud. I'm a Yoruba, but all this tribal bigotry, jingoism make me sick.
Hope you will not die from the sickness.
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by Pavore9: 9:06am On Dec 26, 2017
Luukasz:
Olubayo, a tribal name in kenya.. Haba bros every tribe has its own name and we know the tribes that bears those names you mentioned

Check out Dr. Readen Olubayo of Egerton University, Kenya. He has no link to Nigeria as he did tell a Nigerian Professor who thought he was from his tribe in Nigeria.
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 26, 2017
Read this on the Thursday's edition of Punch newspaper[last week]. One is a Nigerian,the other is a Kenya. TRUE. Both are Nigerians. LIEs. My conclusion,the Op and whoever pushed this to FP can't read and as such need adult education ASAP. I rise! Court!
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2017
Pavore9:

Check out Dr. Readen Olubayo of Egerton University, Kenya. He has no link to Nigeria as he did tell a Nigerian Professor who thought he was from his tribe in Nigeria.

Can you help us confirm what Olubayo means in Kenya language,as I know of a certain Florence Olubayo,there too
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by SuccesYear: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2017
seguno2:

While you are on nairaland competing virtually with your developers, those who are less educated and less developed than both of you, have spent more of your VAT and oil revenues are plotting to continue dominating your sorry ass and those of your developers.
You can lol at your misery and slavery. Na your choice to be second class citizens in your own country.
can u pin point whc one is ur bone of contention and nightmare: The less educated, The educated, or The developers?

Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by Pavore9: 10:07am On Dec 26, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Can you help us confirm what Olubayo means in Kenya language,as I know of a certain Florence Olubayo,there too

Read some of Prof. Florence Olubayo articles on crop diseases. I think I will get to ask for the meaning soon.
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by JustCurious: 10:27am On Dec 26, 2017
Laredojohn:
nice congrats to them, Toyosi has always shown signs of greatness way back the Rise Network .....

Not that Toyosi of Rise Network.
This is a different young woman entirely.
A graduate of UNILAG. She is exceptional.
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2017
Pavore9:

Read some of Prof. Florence Olubayo articles on crop diseases. I think I will get to ask for the meaning soon.

Thanks.

While you are it,you can also help me research on distant languages with phonetic resemblance and similar meaning.

Thanks once more.
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by Laredojohn(m): 10:40am On Dec 26, 2017
JustCurious:

Not that Toyosi of Rise Network.
This is a different young woman entirely.
A graduate of UNILAG. She is exceptional.
ohh thanks for the clarification tot its was her oooo, anyways nice one
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by kolexy(m): 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
sunky97:
As part of the BBC World Service’s further expansion in Africa, two Nigerian women have been appointed the heads of language services for East and West Africa respectively.

Based in Nairobi, Rachael Akidi Okwir, the Head of East Africa Languages, will be managing services in Afaan Oromo, Amharic, Somali, Swahili and Tigrinya.

While Toyosi Ogunseye, who is based in Lagos as the Head of West Africa Languages, will be managing Afrique, Hausa, Igbo, Pidgin and Yoruba.

Rachael was the Editor of the flagship radio programme Focus on Africa. She joined the BBC World Service as a producer in 2002 and has worked across various platforms and programmes including Network Africa, The World Today, Focus On Africa TV and the website, bbcafrica.com

In recognition of her leadership qualities and potential, Rachael was selected for the inaugural BBC News Leadership Programme. Born in Uganda, her career in journalism started as a freelance contributor to Ugandan newspapers and radio stations whilst a student at Makerere University.

Toyosi Ogunseye was the Editor of the Sunday Punch, one of Nigeria’s most widely read newspapers. She was the first female editor in the 45 year history of the company. An award winning journalist with a passion for investigative reporting, she has won over 30 awards and was the first Nigerian to win the prestigious Knight International Journalism award.

Toyosi is a fellow of President Barack Obama’s Young African Leaders Initiative and currently sits on the board of the World Editors Forum. She holds an MSc in Media and Communication and is currently studying for a PhD in Politics and International Relations at the University of Leicester.
http://woman.ng/2017/12/bbc-appoints-rachael-akidi-okwir-and-toyosi-ogunseye-as-heads-of-language-services-for-east-and-west-africa-respectively/

Toyosi again! She's simply a trailblazer
Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by hornyofife: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Pavore9:

Read up man! There are Kenyans who bear Okoro, Amadi, Ngige etc but it does not make them igbos!

Who cares?

Re: BBC Appoints Two Nigerians As Heads Of Language Service For East And West Africa by MtuMsuper: 6:51pm On Dec 30, 2017
Rachel Akidi is a Ugandan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? / Father Christmas Shares Gifts To LEADERSHIP Newspaper Staff (Video) / Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.