Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? (14846 Views)

N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving / If You Do Not Start Saving Until 45, You Will Need To Save Three Times As Much A / Earn Money While Saving - Join Piggyvest Today And Get 500 Naira Bonus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Vipro(m): 8:55am On Oct 28, 2021
Everyone is looking for ways to have more money than they already have but more than anything, they are on a journey towards achieving financial freedom. Your financial goals may be different from others but we all have one thing in common - we want genuine ways that we can use to grow our money. That's what we are going to be taking about today as we differentiate the two terms - saving and investing.

1 Saving
This one is rather self explanatory, it refers to the process of putting money away for rainy days or big purchases such as a down-payment for a house, car etc. Usually you need to open a savings account with a banking institution.

— Interest rates offered by banks are not the same and they are in constant change based on economic activities.

— It's your responsibility to compare them and see which one offers competitive interest rates that will grow your money.

— One thing that you must know, saving takes time and does not offer the same results compared to investing. Banks want to make money and not the other way around.

2 Investing
When you invest your money, you are putting it away for a fixed period of time and expecting it to grow in value. There are various investment vehicles to choose from and this includes stocks (also known as shares), bonds, ETF's and more.

– It's not a secret that investing offers more value for your money.

— There are risks that are associated with each investment. Make sure that you understand them before committing.

— For shares you can use an online broker like Easy Equities which does not require a lot of money to start.

We hope this article has clarified both terms and you are now confident enough to adopt new money habits.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by jom28gy(m): 9:22am On Oct 28, 2021
What is easy equities?
Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Bigredmachine: 9:26am On Oct 28, 2021
Make I learn here
Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by slawormiir: 9:56am On Oct 28, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Investment anyday anytime twice on Thursday...

But as you are investing... also be flexing and enjoying

Don't be investing alone for a future that is not guaranteed...

The worse part na those way dey save only....saving for tomorrow that is not sure...
Yesterday small thing enter my account...the first thing i do....I update some alcoholic wine for my low budget ass bar shaperly...buy enough weed...then maybe later....me and my niggarrrrs go book hotel....update one or two beautiful slim runs babe take follow up...after all these before I go dey think of investment and savings..if at all I go even invest and save from the money self
I can not come and kill myself for tomorrow that is not guaranteed

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by ConnectPhones(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2021
Following

1 Like

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by engrfaruq(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2021
That's my major issue currently. I have money laying fallow in my account and I don't feel comfortable with that. I've searched for investment opportunities and I've tried some but they all fail due to representation, cos I'm not available to oversee them. Nonetheless, I still believe investment is far better than saving.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Blackfire(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2021
Saving is actually investment..

Duuuuhhh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by elganzar(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2021
Saving is NOT investment

Saving is mere accumulation_ and can come in any form and it comes with very little/ no risk

Investment on the other hand is spending the money to make more money _ and it comes with risks of different (but higher) degree (compared to savings)

If you don't have heart or ready to embrace the fact that your money could be lost at anytime _ Investment is not for you

It's a trick question, and circumstances decide which is better

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 28, 2021
Investing
Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by thecuteone(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2021
Ok following the damm niggarrr above !

1 Like

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2021
saving is better. Investing comes with highest risk.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by abisola85: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2021
Investing is far better than saving

2 Likes

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by saddler: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2021
undecided

The obvious answer is investing.

You dont get rich by saving your money. And if you save in a currency like the naira, your money loses value.

And ofcourse you have to invest wisely

23 Likes

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Midas01: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2021
Investing
Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by thecuteone(m): 9:58am On Oct 28, 2021
Blackfire:
Saving is actually investment..

Duuuuhhh

I don’t think saving is investment cuz your money do not appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Gspotlicker(m): 9:58am On Oct 28, 2021
Investment anytime smiley

It's funny people think bank account is for savings. For Christ sake bank account is for receiving and sending money put that money in your bank account into an investment you like. Crypto, Stocks, Real estate etc.

Oh and some will say future is not guaranteed yes i do agree that too you might die tomorrow and also you might not die in the next 60yrs so INVEST

9 Likes

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by omowolewa: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
Investing is definitely better. (Systems outside Nigeria were built to support Investments over Savings, that's why their interest on savings is very low)

Savings is the mother of investment but earning is their father of them all.

8 Likes

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by dake40(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

The worse part na those way dey save only....saving for tomorrow that is not sure

This is one of the reasons why some people regret/beg in their old age.

Tomorrow isn't guaranteed, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be futuristic

A real nigga invests and enjoys everyday, twice on Thursday morning

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Prettyclown: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
Wake me up from my dream, it will always be investing, but don't forget to also save, both are relevant
Vipro:
Everyone is looking for ways to have more money than they already have but more than anything, they are on a journey towards achieving financial freedom. Your financial goals may be different from others but we all have one thing in common - we want genuine ways that we can use to grow our money. That's what we are going to be taking about today as we differentiate the two terms - saving and investing.

1 Saving
This one is rather self explanatory, it refers to the process of putting money away for rainy days or big purchases such as a down-payment for a house, car etc. Usually you need to open a savings account with a banking institution.

— Interest rates offered by banks are not the same and they are in constant change based on economic activities.

— It's your responsibility to compare them and see which one offers competitive interest rates that will grow your money.

— One thing that you must know, saving takes time and does not offer the same results compared to investing. Banks want to make money and not the other way around.

2 Investing
When you invest your money, you are putting it away for a fixed period of time and expecting it to grow in value. There are various investment vehicles to choose from and this includes stocks (also known as shares), bonds, ETF's and more.

— There are risks that are associated with each investment. Make sure that you understand them before committing.

— For shares you can use an online broker like Easy Equities which does not require a lot of money to start.

We hope this article has clarified both terms and you are now confident enough to adopt new money habits.

1 Like

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by taiwofawole: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
In a country like Nigeria both saving and investing are good but do not do them in Naira , saving & investing in dollars is the biggest flex .. one of the best way of investing in dollars is via blogging . If you have the financial ability , invest in blogging now that is one the easiest way to be sure you not solely depending on Naira . As at 2017 $1 was around 320 - 370 now $1 is 550 - 570 , for someone that had a blog in 2017 , 2020 he would be more financially stable because he has means of dollars earning .. What many people fail to understand is that it isn’t about your current adsense earning but that asset that can give you a financial freedom from Naira . Let me quickly run to a client adsense Dashboard and make a screenshot (I’m modify this post at 10:14, check the time on the first two screenshots, if you don’t mind I can invite you several adsense account own by my clients)

You might want to consider reading in details here
https://www.nairaland.com/6786474/cost-creating-blog-nigeria-how

Regardless of your type of job , have a blog and a side business it wouldn’t even cost much to do . You can never go wrong owing a blog as a asset

My name is Kennie Fawole , CEO of Kennietech , one of the most notable web developer & business strategist on nairaland , my thread speaks volume of me , check them out

https://www.nairaland.com/6775085/thread-meant-client-reviews-testimonials

4 Likes

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Eagle360(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
Save to Invest, Invest and Save.
Both work together

7 Likes

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by taiwofawole: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
Learn a digital skill and be financially dependent today , check https://www.nairaland.com/6824273/learn-concept-freelancing-interning-us

1 Like

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by anibi9674: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
Ok
Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by michlins(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
You need to save first if your income isn't much.

As your income expands, you can start investing

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Born2conquer: 10:00am On Oct 28, 2021
Saving is the first thing you do before investing

But don’t save in any Nigerian bank! Those guys can freeze, PND on your account without no valuable reason

3 Likes

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by Maxcollins042(m): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by FutureIsFemale(f): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2021
Vipro:

1 Saving

2 Investing

Investment
Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by seyz91(m): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2021
i like this man

you on point

future ain't guaranteed at all

"live for the moment no one know when's gonna die"
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

The worse part na those way dey save only....saving for tomorrow that is not sure

1 Like

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by SEGLIZ: 10:00am On Oct 28, 2021
both has their separate advantages, everyone wishing for success need apply the both simultaneously.

every individual that want to be up need the principle and habit of savings likewise inculcating the investment culture.

though savings always lead the way ahead of investment. just like a pivot, bedrock or catalyst to investment.
Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by wunmi590(m): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2021

What is the essence of saving money that won't bring in returns, the best option is to invest...

But you need to also shine your eyes while investing, most especially Nigeria investment, because most of the investment are crumbling now...

2 Likes

Re: Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? by ProphetofOdin: 10:00am On Oct 28, 2021
Investing is better anytime and anyday.
This year i made a major financial mistake by tying up my funds in savings, and not tangible came out of it.
I won't make the same mistake next year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Plan B Source of Income / Dangote Gas Explosion Kills 2 Welders In Benue(photos) / SEAFARERS Messroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.