Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (25271 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Mediapace: 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
GoldHorse:

Calendars were in use long before the birth of Jesus.

You be Jesus brother right?

You were there that time abi?
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Mediapace: 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2017
IDnoble1:

People are pained because the date has something to do with paganism, why didn't the world choose another date?
And do people who chose the date smarter and know more than Jesus who didn't observe it himself or the disciples that didn't ask his followers to start observing it.
Another date and another styles should have been chosen to celebrate the birth other than those having affiliations with paganism.
Because it is seven days to January 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Mediapace: 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
AkunnaTochi:

You will live long.

Amen bro smiley

and you too
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Maeka(m): 4:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
IF YOU DONT HAVE MONEY TO CELEBERATE LIKE EVERY OTHERS ARE DOING HIDE YOUR FACE AND STOP SAYING NONSENSE, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BIBLE AND REFERENCES AND QUOTATIONS?

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by johnisaola(m): 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2017
confusers are talking
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by drakeli: 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
intruxive:

Calender was in existence during jesus day, check ur bible
Jewish or Gregorian we are using now? Remember, Jewish new year is not the new year you and I celebrate now.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by intruxive(m): 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
drakeli:
Jewish or Gregorian we are using now? Remember, Jewish new year is not the new year you and I celebrate now.
Wether jewish o, gregorian or any. calenders were in use thats why we refer to BCE now and CE
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by otiranking(m): 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
[s][/s] cheesy
dafeyankee:

Make I go club?
cheesy grin Lol. Answering question with question

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by drakeli: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2017
Makuos:

Coming together on the first day of the week to worship God is in the bible(new testament)....which day is the first day of the week Sunday!!!
Give us where in the Bible and we will shed more light on that not out of context like you guys love doing . Don’t tell us where Paul was passing on a journey and told the people to get something ready for him on his journey first day of the week. That’s not coming together to worship God. He is only giving them time to do for him a particular task.

One can dedicate any day to God for coming together. If Jesus did not observe first day of the week, why should I think first day of the week is is more important than other days of the week.

I consecrate to God first day of the week myself. But I have been in another country where our first day of the week is Friday. We went to church on Friday not Sunday. Seventh day Adventist do Saturday. Do you see why God is more concerned about salvation and not your first day of the week that Jesus didn’t observe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Scout60(m): 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

See more at: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/category/local-news/

do your church do traditional wedding
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by GoldHorse(m): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
Mediapace:

You be Jesus brother right?

You were there that time abi?

Yes, I was there.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by ruggedmallaam(m): 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
DaddyTechz:
GOD Bless this guy. Period!
I thought you have brains until i knew that you were supporting trump. So you think if trump conquers jerusalem you christians will be allowed to enter jerusalem. It will be purely for the jews alone
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by GoldHorse(m): 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

The Gregorian calendar as we know it was not yet in existence.

Many different calendars existed even before Abraham was born talkless of Jesus. Adam's Calender is a typical example. Please use Google.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
GoldHorse:

Many different calendars existed even before Abraham was born talkless of Jesus. Adam's Calender is a typical example. Please use Google.

And how does this contradict what I said.
What I simply said our current calendar was not yet in use, therefore no one can ascertain the birthday of Jesus.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Makuos: 10:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
drakeli:
Give us where in the Bible and we will shed more light on that not out of context like you guys love doing . Don’t tell us where Paul was passing on a journey and told the people to get something ready for him on his journey first day of the week. That’s not coming together to worship God. He is only giving them time to do for him a particular task.

One can dedicate any day to God for coming together. If Jesus did not observe first day of the week, why should I think first day of the week is is more important than other days of the week.

I consecrate to God first day of the week myself. But I have been in another country where our first day of the week is Friday. We went to church on Friday not Sunday. Seventh day Adventist do Saturday. Do you see why God is more concerned about salvation and not your first day of the week that Jesus didn’t observe.

Read your bible!!! First day of the week is littered every where in the new testament. Besides, Paul the apostle through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit made it clear that Sabbath day no longer apply for new testament believers:-

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days." Colossians 2:16

"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." Romans 14:5
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by drakeli: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
Makuos:

Read your bible!!! First day of the week is littered every where in the new testament. Besides, Paul the apostle through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit made it clear that Sabbath day no longer apply for new testament believers:-

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days." Colossians 2:16

"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." Romans 14:5

Do you know the Roman 14:5 you quoted has answered completely all the questions.

People that are persuaded about Saturday. Leave them and let them be. People following Sunday, leave them and let them be. People that esteem any day as a special day to them about any special event and celebrate it( e.g the birth of Jesus, easter, new year)leave them and let them be. In as much as everything is done in the way of the Lord. But people that do it not to please the Lord will receive their judgement. Why should I condemn Sunday worship just because some people decide to spend their Sunday in beer parlor or brothel and not in church . No where in the Bible it was commanded that Sunday should be worship day. I said that again. Show us if there is any. Or what sin has someone committed to have a good time with his wife and children after worship in church commemorating that Jesus was born. That’s Roman 14: 5 for your. Anything not done in faith even if it’s naturally not sin, it’s a sin. If you understand what that means.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Haddock(m): 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2017
Mediapace:
Na your christmas lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't know why many are pained about christmas being celebrated on 25th

Is it your christmas .

So you want to tell me you believe that the earth came into existence 2016 years ago and you really believe january 1 is the beginning of new year ?

If your answer is no then gerarahia

We picked a day to celebrate the birth of our lord Jesus christ and we agreed on 25th since calendar wasn't in existence during the era of Jesus.

If you don't like it,you can celebrate your own christmas on october 1

Hahaha! Correct answer!

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by GoldHorse(m): 4:13am On Dec 27, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

And how does this contradict what I said.
What I simply said our current calendar was not yet in use, therefore no one can ascertain the birthday of Jesus.

MY submission wasn't about the birth of Jesus but whethera calendars existed before Jesus or after. And mind you the present calendars are just modifications, adjustments, etc of the old ones. That's why different people have theirs. The Muslims calender, the Chinese, etc. Lots of African civilisations (many existing before the advent of the Europeans) also had theirs too.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by presidentalex: 4:25am On Dec 27, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

See more at: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/category/local-news/

JUST AN ENCOURAGEMENT

(THIS IS A SPECIAL AND EXCLUSIVE EDITION) 

What you need to know about the present season.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”    John 1: 1 KJV

‭‭

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."    John‬ ‭1:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday (before the world began), and to day (flesh among men), and for ever (external being).

Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.”  2 Peter‬ ‭1:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Kindly note the wisdom in this scriptures;

“While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 

And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭12:46-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This is who is Jesus Christ is:

“For this Melchisedec (Jesus Christ) king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;”

“To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭7: 1-3 KJV‬‬

“Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.”

‭‭John‬ ‭8:56‬ ‭KJV‬

I have never read anywhere in the scriptures (Holy Bible) where the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ was celebrated. But this is what he said we should do in He's remembrance;  

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: THIS DO IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

‭‭Luke‬ ‭22:19 KJV‬‬

“And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you:THIS DO IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME.

After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: THIS DO YE, AS OFT AS YE DRINK IT, IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭11:24-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Hello brethren, what so ever we do that is not biblical is anti-christ and also, anyone who does anything contrary to the scriptures is a witch. 

Non of us in this present day or even in the early church  can be more zealous than apostle Peter and Paul. They both never and ever celebrated this so called festival you call Christmas as the birth of a man who has no father or mother, no beginning of days or end of life and who is also known as God. Why!!! Why are we dwelling in deception.

"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭15:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.”    Mark‬ ‭7:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Most of the things processing Christians do are rudiments of this world and doctrines/tradition of men.  

Kindly consider this scriptures; 

“Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command (an authoritative direction or instruction to do something, be in authority, rule, order, control) you.”  John‬ ‭15:14‬ ‭KJV‬

“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”

‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”

‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭12:32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Finally brethren, "If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.”  1 Timothy‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Also remember, “When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 

Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 

Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 

Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.”

‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭3:18-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

In conclusion, “For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.”

‭‭Job‬ ‭33:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power (possession of controlling influence, a state powerful enough to influence all events throughout the world) belongeth unto God.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭62:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Godly wisdom is profitable to direct. 

Repent and change your ways. Watch ye and pray always, lest ye enter into temptation: the spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Jesus Christ is coming back NOW!

God bless you all. Shalom!
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Originakalokalo(m): 5:16am On Dec 27, 2017
A Muslim once told me that they were told not to celebrate January 1 because it is Jesus' naming ceremony. Since he was born on 25th.

This could be the reason for the annual controversy.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Revolva(m): 7:58am On Dec 27, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Some of them know all the paganic practices intertwined with the religion.

i am telling you many dont know the fact

Emyogalanya:
THE GATE OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL

wat hell fire you mean the one you are in right now
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Makuos: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2017
drakeli:
[/b]

Do you know the Roman 14:5 you quoted has answered completely all the questions.

People that are persuaded about Saturday. Leave them and let them be. People following Sunday, leave them and let them be. People that esteem any day as a special day to them about any special event and celebrate it( e.g the birth of Jesus, easter, new year)leave them and let them be. In as much as everything is done in the way of the Lord. But people that do it not to please the Lord will receive their judgement. Why should I condemn Sunday worship just because some people decide to spend their Sunday in beer parlor or brothel and not in church . No where in the Bible it was commanded that Sunday should be worship day. I said that again. Show us if there is any. Or what sin has someone committed to have a good time with his wife and children after worship in church commemorating that Jesus was born. That’s Roman 14: 5 for your. Anything not done in faith even if it’s naturally not sin, it’s a sin. If you understand what that means.

Romans 14:5 is not talking about festivity day like christmas, etc. Use your brain now! Its talking about normal days(normal day of worshipping God)...christmas is not a day of worship But a day of festivity/merryment which is done yearly!!! Stop twisting scriptures out of context.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Makuos: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2017
presidentalex:

JUST AN ENCOURAGEMENT

(THIS IS A SPECIAL AND EXCLUSIVE EDITION) 

What you need to know about the present season.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”    John 1: 1 KJV

‭‭

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."    John‬ ‭1:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday (before the world began), and to day (flesh among men), and for ever (external being).

Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.”  2 Peter‬ ‭1:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Kindly note the wisdom in this scriptures;

“While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 

Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 

And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭12:46-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This is who is Jesus Christ is:

“For this Melchisedec (Jesus Christ) king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;”

“To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭7: 1-3 KJV‬‬

“Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.”

‭‭John‬ ‭8:56‬ ‭KJV‬

I have never read anywhere in the scriptures (Holy Bible) where the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ was celebrated. But this is what he said we should do in He's remembrance;  

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: THIS DO IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

‭‭Luke‬ ‭22:19 KJV‬‬

“And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you:THIS DO IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME.

After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: THIS DO YE, AS OFT AS YE DRINK IT, IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭11:24-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Hello brethren, what so ever we do that is not biblical is anti-christ and also, anyone who does anything contrary to the scriptures is a witch. 

Non of us in this present day or even in the early church  can be more zealous than apostle Peter and Paul. They both never and ever celebrated this so called festival you call Christmas as the birth of a man who has no father or mother, no beginning of days or end of life and who is also known as God. Why!!! Why are we dwelling in deception.

"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭15:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.”    Mark‬ ‭7:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Most of the things processing Christians do are rudiments of this world and doctrines/tradition of men.  

Kindly consider this scriptures; 

“Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command (an authoritative direction or instruction to do something, be in authority, rule, order, control) you.”  John‬ ‭15:14‬ ‭KJV‬

“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”

‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”

‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭12:32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Finally brethren, "If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.”  1 Timothy‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Also remember, “When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 

Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 

Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 

Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.”

‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭3:18-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

In conclusion, “For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.”

‭‭Job‬ ‭33:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power (possession of controlling influence, a state powerful enough to influence all events throughout the world) belongeth unto God.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭62:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Godly wisdom is profitable to direct. 

Repent and change your ways. Watch ye and pray always, lest ye enter into temptation: the spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Jesus Christ is coming back NOW!

God bless you all. Shalom!

Well said!!! They will never listen!!!
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by drakeli: 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2017
Makuos:

Romans 14:5 is not talking about festivity day like christmas, etc. Use your brain now! Its talking about normal days(normal day of worshipping God)...christmas is not a day of worship But a day of festivity/merryment which is done yearly!!! Stop twisting scriptures out of context.
Ok, do you know the historical reason why Paul gave that Bible verse.

There were early Christians with Jewish background that still believe strongly in all Jewish traditions and celebrations of days like Passover, the day of the unleavened bread and others. You know Jews have days they celebrate one thing or the other that Jesus never commanded.

Jewish Christians started accusing gentile Christians about not giving reverend to those days and observe them and celebrating them. Gentiles were not jews. And that was causing friction in your the church.

But Paul gave them that Bible verse to settle the matter in the church between the two factions. Letting them know it doesn’t matter what day you celebrate and observe. It’s a personal conviction thing. Whatever day you choose to observe or esteem above the other, just be fully convinced in your mind you are doing it to God’s glory. Here where I live, on Christmas Eve, my church group went to worship with the homeless, in the city and feed them and gave them presents in the spirit that Jesus was born as cold as the weather was.

So the verse is talking about both celebration and worship like the way Jews had their days of celebration.

So if you are not fully convinced that you are celebrating the right thing, to you and only you it’s a sin. Anything not done in faith is a sin. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. You are not persuaded, please leave it to those that are persuaded. Churches have been celebrating Christmas before your churche was founded. Your mother church Apostolic Faith where your church came out from still celebrate the birth of Jesus till today. The missionaries that brought us Christianity celebrated Christmas. I guess people started going to heaven when your church was founded and they are only from your church because they don’t celebrate Christmas. So no one has ever been to heaven before your church was founded and because they celebrate Christmas.

So Evangelical Reihannd Bonnke now will not get to heaven solely because he celebrates Christmas. Not because of anything else. That’s an evangelist all of you flock to his crusade ground. Watch him greeting you merry Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8K0j5cbvqQ

Please leave Christmas for us who are fully convinced in our mind. Here I rest my case. Thank you and God bless.
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by ImaIma1(f): 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2017
Waste of thread. You people responding are wasting precious time. Jehovah Witnesses are the greatest "arguers" of all time. I think their meetings major on how to argue.

Can't you see that the people going back and forth are members?
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Makuos: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2017
drakeli:
Ok, do you know the historical reason why Paul gave that Bible verse.

There were early Christians with Jewish background that still believe strongly in all Jewish traditions and celebrations of days like Passover, the day of the unleavened bread and others. You know Jews have days they celebrate one thing or the other that Jesus never commanded.

Jewish Christians started accusing gentile Christians about not giving reverend to those days and observe them and celebrating them. Gentiles were not jews. And that was causing friction in your the church.

But Paul gave them that Bible verse to settle the matter in fact the church between the two factions. Letting them know it doesn’t matter what day you celebrate and observe. It’s a personal conviction. Whatever day you choose to observe or esteem, just be fully convinced in your mind you are doing it to God’s glory. Here where I live, on Christmas Eve, my church group went to worship with the homeless, in the city and feed them and gave them presents in the spirit that Jesus was born.

So the verse is talking about both celebration and worship like the war Jews had their days of celebration.

So if you are not fully convinced that you are celebrating the right thing, to you and only you it’s a sin. Anything not done in faith is a sin. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. You are not persuaded, please leave it to those that are persuaded. Churches have been celebrating Christmas before your churche was founded. Your mother church Apostolic Faith where your church came out from still celebrate the birth of Jesus till today. The missionaries that brought us Christianity celebrated Christmas. I guess people started going to heaven when your church was founded. So no one has ever been to heaven before your church was founded and because they celebrate Christmas.

God has already commanded what to observe in our relationship with Him in the bible. So any thing outside those command is anti-bible!!!
You are calling Reinhard Bonnke, so he has become your standard...tomorrow if he enters into fire, u will also follow him abii On the day of judgment, u will stand alone and not with Reinhard Bonnke
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Spaxon(f): 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=Evidenx post=63620993][/quote] nna wia u hide na grin
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Evidenx(m): 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2017
Spaxon:
nna wia u hide na grin
haha... my beautiful partner I dey one side dey put things in order.. but I Don come fully now,no shaking...
Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Spaxon(f): 4:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
Evidenx:
haha... my beautiful partner I dey one side dey put things in order.. but I Don come fully now,no shaking...
no shaking na

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas by Abdullahi4u7(m): 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2017
brenister10:

You can't understand bro.....
Why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mad Man Healed By Salvation Ministry Members In Port-Harcourt, Hair Gets Shaved / Pastor Noah Abraham Hypnotised Our Children, Set Them Against Us — Parents / What Is Your Favourite Christian Hymn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.