Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government (31531 Views)

Uche Nwosu's Campaign Vehicles Burnt By Imo Youths (Photos) / Okorocha Restores Assumpta Avenue Name / Angry Imolites Renamed Muhammadu Buhari's Road Sign Post Overnight - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

I dont care if its German Orthodox or Greek Orthodox...it is not Nigerian, period! We need Nigerian name on that street.

Should we change Nnamdi Azikiwe street in Lagos to Oba Akiolu Street?

You guys should let go of your ignorance for once. Drop this possessiveness about your region and givr to others in your house what you demand when you go to theirs.

Then statue built by the same governor are all NIGERIANS
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Cyynthialove(f): 9:57am On Dec 26, 2017
Nawa oooo.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Activeman391(m): 10:11am On Dec 26, 2017
Well before a decision of that magnitude is brought forth I believe consultations with stakeholders should be on top agenda
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by smilingface(m): 10:12am On Dec 26, 2017
wesleyfranklin:
Thank God you mentioned this. Lagos and Abuja were and is Nigeria's capital city. In these two cities, you have structures and streets names after people from various ethnic groups. MMA lagos (doesnt sound like a yoruba name to me), Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja...yes thats Igbo. Now Apart from Lagos and Abuja, kindly mention any other state where you have such. Imagine Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Ibadan or Osun or imagine Obafemi Awolowo airport Enugu or Awka (sounds crazy right?) now thats what I want you to picture in your head. Also, imagine even the federal government changing MMA to Obafemi Awolowo Airport Lagos (na dat time u go know say Hausa people no dey follow u laf). In federal institutions, like in UNN, most streets and hostels are named after all sort of people irrespective of their tribe...(its a federal school which is normal). Lagos is cosmopolitan while Abuja is the federal capital territory. Rochas has been very unusual and could wake up one morning and change Imo state to another name, allow the people to voice their anger even if it might not make any difference. Thank you.
you should learn to stop replying mad people in here abi did you not read his mentally deranged post filled with passionate hate and total lack of sense..people live a miserable and Godforsaken life and they come in here to pure out their stupidity and frustration in here...

1 Like

Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by laidima88(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2017
The ruling class don't harbor hatred, they love themselves. unlike poor average Nigerians, they view everything from religion perspective.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by antyokya: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2017
HeyCorleone:

You're non compos mentis, so you shall be excused.

Imo State House of Assembly should just do the needful. Okorocha's sins are overbearing.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Ruufahgee(m): 10:22am On Dec 26, 2017
I agree with the op, as anyone who plies that road automatically becomes a hausa Muslim.

As a matter of national emergency, it must be changed to Nnamdi Kanu way.

#sacarsm
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 26, 2017
Ruufahgee:
I agree with the op, as anyone who plies that road automatically becomes a hausa Muslim.

As a matter of national emergency, it must be changed to Nnamdi Kanu way.

#sacarsm
lmao cheesy, you no go kill person with laughter. The pained piglets are coming for your head now
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by LBanks(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

You whine about other's hatred for you but look at how much love you show others.

They named a street to honor your President and you are complaining about an Italian Maria. Is Italy the origin of Christianity?

Get lost!
And what has the idiot president done for IMO people, for his name to be on that street,

It would have been much more honourable to name the street Umar Musa Yaradua street

You guys should stop this self deceit and acknowledge that the man is a simpleton period
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by emeka2847: 10:50am On Dec 26, 2017
I don't think this has to do with religion or ethnicity. Rochas is just playing politics. And he is stupid to play such politics with us. He is stupid

Balkan:
This Hausa man parrading himself as an Igbo man is turning Owerri into an
Islamic state with impunity.

Okoro Awusa, why not build your own road and name it after Buhari rather changing a name of existing road properly named, after you God Buhari.

We are in for more shocker
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by jidobaba(m): 10:56am On Dec 26, 2017
Just shows how these current leaders/politicians are bereft of all fine culture and social graces. That was how one was going to rename UNILAG until he was promptly shut down by the entire country.
The irony is that Buhari himself would never do something so vulgar. Forget whatever else you think you know, he's of that classy old school.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by resurgentxtian4: 11:01am On Dec 26, 2017
wesleyfranklin:
SMH. We are all entitled to our opinions though however vague it might turn out to be. Streets are usually named after the first person to build a house there or the richest or other reasons. For example, there is University market road in Nsukka, then you decide to change it to even Odumegwu Ojukwu Road, the university community will protest (let alone changing it to Muhammed Buhari Road). Imagine changing Oja Oba (most yoruba markets close to the palace are called Oja Oba) to Obafemi Awolowo Market (let alone changing it to Muhammed Buhari Market). You can say all you want because its not happening in your state but thats the problem whe have in Nigeria and Africa at large and until the youths change their perceptions, it will continue. Read my previous response to another NLder as regards why you can see igbo, hausa and other ethnic group names in Lagos and Abuja. Have you seen such in Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Sokoto, taraba, Lokoja? If that is your problem maybe if you guys make any of the Eastern states the capital of Nigeria, then that wouldnt be a problem.

But there are millions of igbos in my native Ogun State and they have now even formed an association with other non Yorubas to ask for automatic indigenesship for their children. Igbos are everywhere but in igboland. There is no need to deny this.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 26, 2017
smiley
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Obec70(m): 11:48am On Dec 26, 2017
There is film called "Dogs of war" Rocha's want to destroy Imo State before he leaves office, what kind of power drunkenness is! he got be caged.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Obec70(m): 11:49am On Dec 26, 2017
There is a film called "Dogs of war" Rocha's want to destroy Imo State before he leaves office, what kind of power drunkenness is! he got be caged.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Obec70(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2017
There is a film called "Dogs of war" Rocha's want to destroy Imo State before he leaves office, what kind of power drunkenness is! he got be caged. Why didn't renamed his own school after the president?
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Obec70(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2017
There is a film called "Dogs of war" Rocha's want to destroy Imo State before he leaves office, what kind of power drunkenness is this? he got to be caged. Why didn't he renamed his own school after the president?
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by somegirl1: 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
What is all this noise about?...if he changes it,the next governor can change it back.. People should let uabhear word abeg..noise everywhere you go.....

Next governor who might be his son-in-law.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by somegirl1: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Assuming it's Muslims kicking against street renaming with a Christian name now, they would have been shouting intolerance.

Well, from experience, Igbo Christians are the most tribalistic Muslimophobe in Nigeria.

They can come to Lagos and see street names in Igbo, Hausa despite church or mosque present.

Even see the name, Latin name in Nigeria, do Italians use Igbo names too?
You are right. That's why there's an area called Amausa in Owerri, in honour of the predominantly northern residents who've made Imo State their home; this is despite those northerners not actually owning even a piece of land in that area.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by alextayo(m): 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
You all should calm down right now!

Maria Asumpta is not a Nigerian. Mohammadu Buhari is a Nigerian. Be patriotic please and calm your nerves. angry

It is goats like this that keeps giving the Yoruba race a bad name. You are a rejected Yoruba entity. So please use another name to exhibit your stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Rikidony(m): 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2017
doyinbaby:
Calm down everyone.....if majority of imolites don't want the avenue named after PMB.......patiently wait the next election vote for someone you are sure will change the name of the road to the name majority of imolites want .....
oh God wat sort of dumb fuckery is this, so I should vote for someone since he promise to change the name of a street if he wins an election, Madam are u okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by hadow(m): 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
its funny how people are no longer talking about being Christians they are all either redeemers, catholics, Anglicans, e.t.c. The church if today has needs for a revival and we need that old time religion
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Fourwinds: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
You all should calm down right now!

Maria Asumpta is not a Nigerian. Mohammadu Buhari is a Nigerian. Be patriotic please and calm your nerves. angry
When the name Unilag was changed to MAULAG why was there uproar about the name.was Abiola not a Nigerian.. next time use your brain in the skull not the one below

3 Likes

Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Fourwinds: 1:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
BudeYahooCom:
It was the great Napeoleon Bonaparte that said 'When an idiotic enemy is making mistakes to destroy himself it would be stupid to stop him."

Rochas should be allowed to destroy himself.
I like that statement from Napoleon

1 Like

Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by frankdGreat125: 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
All of them should shut up their mouth, because the Arch Bishop Obinna played the major role that brought Rochas to office, when they organised debated at Assumpta cathedral to boot Ikedi Ohakim out, they didn't know that Change is constant. If Okorocha like he should rename it to Mosque i support him
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by WOCKHARDI(m): 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
BlessMySoul:

Will you shataap there you dumb arse mothafucka.

For the avoidance of doubt, go and read that communique again especially the last part. This is what he said and I quote

The Knight clearly states here that he is not against Rochas naming all roads in Owerri after Buhari for all he cares. But their concern is that this particular road has a very big history with Imo catholics being that it is the road that leads to the first Cathedral in the Old ecclesiastical province of Owerri region. But you are trying to twist he narrative now to suit your demonic thinking.

If I may ask you, can the road that leads to the Palace of the Onii of Ife which already has a name that has lasted hundred years be changed to Ojukwu road despite its rich history? Don't even bother responding to me to avoid giving you a hot slap this afternoon kid.

I don't even know why am responding you because from what I have observed on this forum, you Yorubas are negatively smart and very demonic in thinking
Don't mind them.
Why didn't they allow UNILAG to be changed to MAULAG ( Moshood Abiola University, Lagos)?
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Caseless: 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2017

To now locate such an edifice on a road that bears the name of an Islamic leader
I was angry at rochas and sympathetic to them until I got to this nonsense above.

Again, which law has been matched upon here.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Abagworo(m): 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
ufuosman:
Rocha's doing his own mind, with all dis nonsense apc will still rule after Rocha's. Fear politics

Bank Road renamed Buhari road is good and even if Assumpta Avenue is renamed Buhari nothing is wrong with it. Imolites love Buhari but the opposition are busy trying to paint a different view.

Correction!

Bank road is different from Assumpta Avenue. Bank Road has been reconstructed and expanded to 10 lanes and renamed Buhari road while Assumpta remains 4 lanes that runs from Nworie River to Assumpta Cathedral.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Abagworo(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2017
BlessMySoul:

Will you shataap there you dumb arse mothafucka.

For the avoidance of doubt, go and read that communique again especially the last part. This is what he said and I quote

The Knight clearly states here that he is not against Rochas naming all roads in Owerri after Buhari for all he cares. But their concern is that this particular road has a very big history with Imo catholics being that it is the road that leads to the first Cathedral in the Old ecclesiastical province of Owerri region. But you are trying to twist he narrative now to suit your demonic thinking.

If I may ask you, can the road that leads to the Palace of the Onii of Ife which already has a name that has lasted hundred years be changed to Ojukwu road despite its rich history? Don't even bother responding to me to avoid giving you a hot slap this afternoon kid.

I don't even know why am responding you because from what I have observed on this forum, you Yorubas are negatively smart and very demonic in thinking.

The road has no f^king hIstory with any f*king body, religion or institution. The Assumpta cathedral is located at the intersection of 3 major highways which are

1 Owerri-Onitsha road,

2 Owerri-Pirt Harcourt Riad and

3 Owerri-Okigwe road.

The road that leads directly to the Church is Owerri-Onitsha while the other 2 are just adjacent. The part known as Assumpta Avenue which runs from Control roundabout to Warehouse/Nworie River was a short road without any streets which is the meaning of Avenue until Okorocha built Zuma road. This publication is fake and as usual aimed at deceiving the usual IPOB members who are negligible in the State but busy on social media.
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by Ugoh11: 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
This here bares my concern with the Christian community ... when you make statements such as the “Islamic leader” the matters that concerns the church baffles me ... how does changing the name of an avenue affect worship or the activities of the church ... constituting a high level meeting and brandishing as a memo happily for a change of name .. that is both legal and within the rights of the Governor to do.. just baffles me..
There are a ton of things the church can be fighting right now ... poverty... healthcare ... education .. access to basic amenities ... but No ... making separatist statements ... spewing vile against the very same sect you are commanded to bring into the arms of Christ is what you’d rather concern yourselves with... allowing for Dangote (Muslim) bill gates ( an atheist) to do the charity work that is by right and commission yours to do ... I know for a fact that the Catholic Church works with these two individuals in the North... I don’t see any memo against a fellow Muslim as well...
Stop using the church for cheap political points .. join a party .. pick up a form .. run for election and galvanize votes and leave the church out of it ...
Re: Maria Assumpta Avenue, Owerri Renamed Muhammadu Buhari Road By Imo Government by BudeYahooCom: 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
Abagworo:

The road has no f^king hIstory with any f*king body, religion or institution. The Assumpta cathedral is located at the intersection of 3 major highways which are

1 Owerri-Onitsha road,

2 Owerri-Pirt Harcourt Riad and

3 Owerri-Okigwe road.

The road that leads directly to the Church is Owerri-Onitsha while the other 2 are just adjacent. The part known as Assumpta Avenue which runs from Control roundabout to Warehouse/Nworie River was a short road without any streets which is the meaning of Avenue until Okorocha built Zuma road. This publication is fake and as usual aimed at deceiving the usual IPOB members who are negligible in the State but busy on social media.

You see how confused this palmwine tapper is?

First he claimed there is nothing wrong in changing Assumpta to muhamad buhari as Assumpta has no history.. Next he calls the publication 'fake'.
This abokki hybrids are funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers Knows Our Chosen Presidential Candidate- Wike / Stop Visiting Ijaw Land, Asari Dokubo Tells Osinbajo / Protesters Delayed Governor Yahaya Bello From Meeting Buhari In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.