Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! (1850 Views)

Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse / 7 Reasons Why The Noah’s Ark Story Is A Myth. / Deconstructing The Lies & Myth of Consensual Adult Homosexuality/Same Sex Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 26, 2017
Let us discuss
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by HeyCorleone(m): 12:53am On Dec 26, 2017
What exactly is up for discussion?!
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 26, 2017
HeyCorleone:
What exactly is up for discussion?!

Though Jesus was a real figure, almost 85% of what people preach/teach about him are either untrue or mixed with untruths and lack credibility.

The reason for the proliferation of churches all over Nigeria is not because there is a zeal for the things of God or for righteousness or to love one's neighbour as themselves, the main reason is MONEY. There is big MONEY to be made, it is a franchise business just like MacDonalds, KFC and the likes.

Deeper life, RCCG, Christ Embassy and others are mostly franchises, collecting money from people, keeping some for the local church and sending the majority to the headquarters to be used for empire building and personal enrichment of the so-called man of God.

Jesus is big business in Nigeria, he is not a myth. Every Sunday the sheeple rush to these Jesus business franchises to 'buy' fake miracles, fake prophecies, fake healings and false promises from the almighty pastor.

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by ifenes(m): 3:14am On Dec 26, 2017
How did you know Jesus wasn’t a myth ? The fact that you still believe in the bible god doesn’t make you different from the religion you are bashing. What exactly is Jesus to you ? You don’t have to reply, but seek for knowledge and not beliefs. Jesus is the European version of the God you are.

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by felixomor: 5:21am On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

Though Jesus was a real figure, almost 85% of what people preach/teach about him are either untrue or mixed with untruths and lack credibility.

The reason for the proliferation of churches all over Nigeria is not because there is a zeal for the things of God or for righteousness or to love one's neighbour as themselves, the main reason is MONEY. There is big MONEY to be made, it is a franchise business just like MacDonalds, KFC and the likes.

Deeper life, RCCG, Christ Embassy and others are mostly franchises, collecting money from people, keeping some for the local church and sending the majority to the headquarters to be used for empire building and personal enrichment of the so-called man of God.

Jesus is big business in Nigeria, he is not a myth. Every Sunday the sheeple rush to these Jesus business franchises to 'buy' fake miracles, fake prophecies, fake healings and false promises from the almighty pastor.

How do u know Jesus was real?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Ranchhoddas: 7:10am On Dec 26, 2017
How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us and our predecessors-- Pope Leo X.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

Where did you get this false statistics from?
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by johnydon22(m): 9:35am On Dec 26, 2017
felixomor:

How do u know Jesus was real?

Because he is a Christian
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by johnydon22(m): 9:39am On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

Pope Leo X put this well enough, His declaration revealed to the world papal knowledge of the Vatican's false presentation of Jesus Christ and unashamedly exposed the puerile nature of the Christian religion.

At a lavish Good Friday banquet in the Vatican in 1514, and in the company of "seven intimates" (Annales Ecclesiastici, Caesar Baronius, Folio Antwerp, 1597, tome 14), Leo made an amazing announcement that the Church has since tried hard to invalidate.

Raising a chalice of wine into the air, Pope Leo toasted: "How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us and our predecessors."

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Where did you get this false statistics from?

False ?? You must be living in the la la land.
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
johnydon22:

Because he is a Christian

I am not a Christian!
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
ifenes:
How did you know Jesus wasn’t a myth ? The fact that you still believe in the bible god doesn’t make you different from the religion you are bashing. What exactly is Jesus to you ? You don’t have to reply, but seek for knowledge and not beliefs. Jesus is the European version of the God you are.

And how do you know that he was a Myth?
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by johnydon22(m): 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

I am not a Christian!

Frosbel is no longer a Christian... Hallelujah grin grin grin

Welcome welcome
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
johnydon22:

Frosbel is no longer a Christian... Hallelujah grin grin grin

Welcome welcome

But I am not an atheist grin

Let's just say I am a deist -sort of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by johnydon22(m): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

But I am not an atheist grin

Let' just say I am a deist -sort of.

You are getting there gradually.. That's exactly how the journey goes.

You'll see grin

We didn't jump from theism to atheism in one second did we? grin

Accept it dude, you are bleeped.. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

False ?? You must be living in the la la land.
Prove me wrong with fact not assumption
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by dalaman: 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
"What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!" Pope Leo X.

The Jesus belief has been a business right from inception.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by dalaman: 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

I am not a Christian!

Frosbel!!. You used to be the KingEbukasBlog of the religion section back in the days. How time changes everything. Interesting.
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2017
johnydon22:

You are getting there gradually.. That's exactly how the journey goes.

You'll see grin

We didn't jump from theism to atheism in one second did we? grin

Accept it dude, you are bleeped.. grin

grin
The path ...
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by CAPSLOCKED: 9:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us and our predecessors-- Pope Leo X.
dalaman:
"What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!" Pope Leo X.

FUNNY ENOUGH, CHRISTIANS WILL THINK ITS BLASPHEMY TO EVEN TRY TO IMAGINE OR THINK ABOUT LEO'S STATEMENT.
THEY'RE ALWAYS BLIND AND IRRATIONAL ABOUT EVERYTHING.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by vaxx: 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
first of all we must acknowledged that the Jews are a nation of story telling, Jews were the first people to find God in history. They were the first to think in historical terms – of time as an arena of change as opposed to cyclical time in which the seasons rotate, people are born and die, but nothing really changes. Jews were the first people to write history(an account of event) if the account event of Jesus is entirely true , then adam , eve, satan and yahweh etc must also be entirely true, i failed to entirely agree that Jesus account event is entirely true ....it must have been alter or manipulated.....why?

TO verified the truthfulness of an account, it must be determined by these four basic factor : congruence, consistency, coherence, and usefulness.

• A true account is congruent with our experience – meaning, it fits the facts. It is in principle falsifiable, but nothing falsifying it has been found. One way we can infer that our story is congruent with the facts as we experience them is when what we experience is predictable from the story. But truth is always provisional, not an end state. When we discover new facts, we may need to change our story.

• A true account is internally consistent. It has no contradictions within itself, and it fits together elegantly. The principle of consistency (same as the principle of non-contradiction) allows us to infer things consistent with what we already know. An inconsistent story – one that contains contradictions – does not allow us to do this.

• All true account is coherent with everything else we consider true. It confirms, or at least fails to contradict, the rest of our established knowledge, where ‘knowledge’ means beliefs for which we can give rigorous reasons. The physical sciences – physics, chemistry, biology, geology and astronomy – all reinforce each other.

• A true account is useful. It gives us mastery. When we act on the basis of a true story or explanation, our actions are successful. What is true works to organize our thought and our practice, so that we are able to reason with logical rigor to true conclusions and to handle reality effectively. Truth enables us to exert our power, in the sense of our ability to get things done, successfully. It has predictive power, allowing us to make good choices concerning what is likely to happen.(Jon wainwright)

ALL the available account of Jesus event failed to agree with these basic factors

anyway if i must say, Jesus historical account made him the most successful Jews in the entire world , he propagate the gospel not only to his people but also to the Samaritans......he has a follower of about 2 billions on planet earth.,....people hold him in high esteem even more than their own biological parent.

how i wish Africa history is also well propagated , it will have shaped the world

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by dalaman: 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

FUNNY ENOUGH, CHRISTIANS WILL THINK ITS BLASPHEMY TO EVEN TRY TO IMAGINE OR THINK ABOUT LEO'S STATEMENT.
THEY'RE ALWAYS BLIND AND IRRATIONAL ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Ver true. They'll excuse his statement the way they excuse everything.
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by CAPSLOCKED: 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
dalaman:

Ver true. They'll excuse his statement the way they excuse everything.

BUT WHY THOUGH?

IT WORRIES ME HOW PEOPLE DON'T EVER ATTEMPT TO GIVE RATIONAL THINKING A CHANCE.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO SOMETIMES THINK, ABOUT THE EVEN AND THE ODD, BUT DON'T WANNA DEVIATE TOO MUCH BECAUSE THEIR DOCTRINES HAVE INSTILLED UNIMAGINABLE FEARS IN THEM.

WHILE THERE ARE THESE OTHER PEOPLE THAT DON'T BOTHER TO THINK AT ALL. THEY LET THEIR PASTORS THINK FOR THEM, TEACH THEM, AND MAKE BOTH ORDINARY AND IMPORTANT CHOICES FOR THEM.

THEY ARE MY PROBLEM, AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS ARE JUST LIKE THAT.

SINCE I WAS SMALL, EVERY FAMILY ISSUES ARE BEING SETTLED IN THE PARISH HOUSE. grin
TO MY MOTHER, THE CATH CHURCH IS THE GREATEST THING ON EARTH, MOST VALUABLE TO GOD HIMSELF, AND THE POPE AND REV FATHERS ARE SUPERNATURAL BEINGS, AND THIS IS AN EDUCATED PERSON. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2017
vaxx:
first of all we must acknowledged that the Jews are a nation of story telling, Jews were the first people to find God in history. They were the first to think in historical terms – of time as an arena of change as opposed to cyclical time in which the seasons rotate, people are born and die, but nothing really changes. Jews were the first people to write history(an account of event) if the account event of Jesus is entirely true , then adam , eve, satan and yahweh etc must also be entirely true, i failed to entirely agree that Jesus account event is entirely true ....it must have been alter or manipulated.....why?

TO verified the truthfulness of an account, it must be determined by these four basic factor : congruence, consistency, coherence, and usefulness.

• A true account is congruent with our experience – meaning, it fits the facts. It is in principle falsifiable, but nothing falsifying it has been found. One way we can infer that our story is congruent with the facts as we experience them is when what we experience is predictable from the story. But truth is always provisional, not an end state. When we discover new facts, we may need to change our story.

• A true account is internally consistent. It has no contradictions within itself, and it fits together elegantly. The principle of consistency (same as the principle of non-contradiction) allows us to infer things consistent with what we already know. An inconsistent story – one that contains contradictions – does not allow us to do this.

• All true account is coherent with everything else we consider true. It confirms, or at least fails to contradict, the rest of our established knowledge, where ‘knowledge’ means beliefs for which we can give rigorous reasons. The physical sciences – physics, chemistry, biology, geology and astronomy – all reinforce each other.

• A true account is useful. It gives us mastery. When we act on the basis of a true story or explanation, our actions are successful. What is true works to organize our thought and our practice, so that we are able to reason with logical rigor to true conclusions and to handle reality effectively. Truth enables us to exert our power, in the sense of our ability to get things done, successfully. It has predictive power, allowing us to make good choices concerning what is likely to happen.(Jon wainwright)

ALL the available account of Jesus event failed to agree with these basic factors

anyway if i must say, Jesus historical account made him the most successful Jews in the entire world , he propagate the gospel not only to his people but also to the Samaritans......he has a follower of about 2 billions on planet earth.,....people hold him in high esteem even more than their own biological parent.

how i wish Africa history is also well propagated , it will have shaped the world

And there are over 1 billion Hindus , 1.8 billion Muslims and about 500 million Buddhists, so

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by ifenes(m): 10:33pm On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

And how do you know that he was a Myth?

Firstly the story of Jesus being the saviour of the world wasn’t first. There were other saviours before him who shared the same “ light of the world”. Besides it’s only an astrological explanation of the connection between the Sun and the signs of zodiac. A character had to be formed to keep the story in place.

Talk about Jesus being born of a virgin goes along with the Sun being conceived in Virgo,the only female of the zodiac signs, tried to destroy the temple( justice to the human mos-informed psyche)..... the list goes on. All these are astrological knowledge hidden in words.

As a matter of fact the bible is an astrological book only those deep in know can translate. It has nothing to do with Christianity. Why do you think you are allowed to have the bible ? It’s been edited and the real knowledge is hidden. Books that could enlighten the sheeple have been removed and the rest could be used for control. Jesus was never real.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by correctguy101(m): 11:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
ifenes:

Firstly the story of Jesus being the saviour of the world wasn’t first. There were other saviours before him who shared the same “ light of the world”. Besides it’s only an astrological explanation of the connection between the Sun and the signs of zodiac. A character had to be formed to keep the story in place.

Talk about Jesus being born of a virgin goes along with the Sun being conceived in Virgo,the only female of the zodiac signs, tried to destroy the temple( justice to the human mos-informed psyche)..... the list goes on. All these are astrological knowledge hidden in words.

As a matter of fact the bible is an astrological book only those deep in know can translate. It has nothing to do with Christianity. Why do you think you are allowed to have the bible ? It’s been edited and the real knowledge is hidden. Books that could enlighten the sheeple have been removed and the rest could be used for control. Jesus was never real.

Each time my mind tells me to follow anyone on here, I end up finding out the idiot mind is right.

I'm sure not everyone will get the message from this, even you. but Ifeness, you are mad. I just wish I had the resources to bring a few nairalanders I've met together.

No be drink and smoke be my problem o. I can supply that in surplus. i be Lord on that one grin. I know what I'm talking about.

Jesus was never really real but he's real now. And if I know you well from all you've been posting on here, if I'm right, you would know he's now real more than anything... grin

Welcome, once my resources reach, forget say you dey foreign, I'll come get you bro. Welcome.

My resources just lean this period. SMH
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by vaxx: 11:18pm On Dec 26, 2017
frosbel2:

And there are over 1 billion Hindus , 1.8 billion Muslims and about 500 million Buddhists, so
Do you even get my post?
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by urahara(m): 7:01am On Dec 27, 2017
dalaman:

Frosbel!!. You used to be the KingEbukasBlog of the religion section back in the days. How time changes everything. Interesting.

was he that bad?
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by vybzkartel: 7:14am On Dec 27, 2017
"For you yourselves know very well that the Day of the Lord will come as a thief comes at night. When people say, 'everything is quiet and safe,' then suddenly destruction will hit them! It will come as suddenly as the pains that come upon a woman in labor, and people will not escape."
1 THESSALONIANS 5:2-3, GNT

"For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.
2 PETER 3:5-7, ESV

"Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."
MATTHEW 24:42-44, NKJV
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by dalaman: 7:29am On Dec 27, 2017
urahara:

was he that bad?

He was the KingEbukasBlog of the religion section. His moniker back then was Frosbel.
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by johnydon22(m): 8:30am On Dec 27, 2017
vaxx:

What do you mean by the Jews were the first to find God in history, please explain better.

p.s: No long answer, make it as short as possible.
Re: Jesus Is Not A Myth. He Is A Franchise! by vaxx: 10:10am On Dec 27, 2017
johnydon22:

What do you mean by the Jews were the first to find God in history, please explain better.

p.s: No long answer, make it as short as possible.
you do not want long answer, OK let me summarize what i mean.

the Jews were the first set of people to document an encounter with God, all other tribe only have the concept of God base on fear and admiration toward natural phenomenon......the record can be found in the book of GENESIS

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Powerful Quotes Of Pastor David Ibiyeomie Part 1 / Oprah Winfrey Opens Church / How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.