Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money (16423 Views)

Creative Ways Nigerian Startups Are Using Chatbots To Solve Problems / 19 Ways Nigerian Youths Can Use Social Media Engagement For Success / Hurricane Maria In Dominican: Buhari Orders Evacuation Of Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by amzee(m): 7:28am On Dec 26, 2017
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 26, 2017
Just learn a skill
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Afonjashapmouth: 7:34am On Dec 26, 2017
Go to instant naira.com and get paid for even tweeting. It's 100% free to use
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by khvnggift(m): 7:36am On Dec 26, 2017
cry angry sad embarassed OP re u telin us nt to play bet9ja. Dat yah list is fr boys .Girls nko abi dem no dae go sch
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Afonjashapmouth: 7:38am On Dec 26, 2017
Please fam follow @9jadonate on IG to give out or claim fairly used items, money and Airtime. This is an open system giving. Comment with the most likes gets the posted item from the giver. Thanks and please #Retweet. Let's heal the world together
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Timiblanko(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2017
So how should students make money
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by kenir(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2017
whitebeard:
OP WHY WOULD U SAY BE SHOULD NOT PLAY BET NAIJA, Op just leave the betting to us, it our betting we are not harming anybody.

abeg help me tell am, op who use ur moni play bet9ja
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by adez33(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2017
Apart from BET 9ja, which other youth Empowerment Program in Nigeria do u know??

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by kenir(m): 7:46am On Dec 26, 2017
seguno2:

Don’t blame the devil when you get caught and made to pay for your crimes. You have been adequately warned by the OP.
shebi na vgn go cm arrest me 4 sport betting
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by kenir(m): 7:47am On Dec 26, 2017
adez33:
Apart from BET 9ja, which other youth Empowerment
Program in Nigeria do u know??

hahahahahaha
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Rainmaker69(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2017
Everything you listed is an offence for students and non students alike.
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by akayken(m): 8:13am On Dec 26, 2017
nice one...
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Dolemite(f): 8:25am On Dec 26, 2017
I know guys who make at least 60k every week on gambling, that's minus losses and investment...
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by millionboi2: 8:28am On Dec 26, 2017
holaboy3:
Top ways Students shouldn't make money

Top ways Students shouldn't make money
Students are humans like us too,they need money as much their parents do,for several reasons.They have needs too.Here i will belisting somethings students  shouldn't do to make money.Just stay cool and read

5.Election Rigging
Some wicked politicians in their devilish minds will think of ways to clinge on to powers and arrive at a conclusion to make use of students to rig elections .this is common in tertiary institutions across Nigeria.Please don't rig election for any politician,Hes not worth your time,if he was a good leader he wouldn't need you.I do advice students in tertiary institutions to not risk their life for peanuts from one politician,because election excerises can turn violent and lead to deaths of many innocent souls dead.

4. Ponzi schemes
Why you shouldn't invest in ponzi schemes as a student is that it creates a greedy nature in you.It all boils down to greed.For example, You start with little money and before you know it, you are investing thousands because you want more money.You lose focus of other important things.Your parents send you money to feed,pay schoolfees and buy materials you need for your stay in school but because you want to be a big boy get all the fresh girls,dress nice and look fresher than your mates,you invest in Ponzi schemes.

The bloody Truth about Ponzi schemes is that they always crash because it is founded on a system of greed and nothing more.Greed is the father and Mother of all ponzi schemes.All ponzi schemes be it MMM etc all make use of your greedy nature.Earlier this year.The media was awash with stories of mmm and how millions of nigerians lost their money including students,some students even commited suicide due to the fact they borrowed money to play ponzi schemes and eventually crashed.Ponzi schemes can make you do things you dont want to do ,like scamming your friends just to get money to play.

3.Exam Impersonations

Exam impersonations such as writing exams for un serious people in order to get money.This is a very wrong thing to do,By doing this you are indirectly creating a society that doesn't value hard-work and intelligence.Education is the strongest tool,A nation that doesn't value it is destined for doom.Every great nation has a powerful education sector if you doubt do the research yourselves.

2.Betting/gambling:

So many students in Nigerian Universities have been led to believe betting and gambling is a great way to make money while in school.They do not think of the consequences involve in betting be it sports betting or games betting.Gambling makes one addictive unable to think of other source of making money because it creates a belief mentality in the mind of its victim,rendering one very useless making one forget his main purpose in school;which is to learn.

A year ago, a friend of mine lost a large portion of his hard earned money to betting,he was hoping to cash out.But unfortunately he cashed-off.Despite losing money at fisrt trial,he played again hoping to cash out;he failed again.He kept on playing till he got his senses back and he needed no one to tell him to leave.

1.Online Scams

Online scams in Nigeria popularly known as yahoo-yahoo,is something that slows slows down the thinking faculty of a student.I had a friend who was into yahoo-yahoo,the only thing he could think off was how to scam white women online and nothing more,not even his books or dreams.If his clients or maga hasnt paid him,he becomes restless,sad and confused.
Online scams are bad too because it gives your country a very bad name,for example go on fiver and several online Job sites you would notice that most people hardly give Nigerian Jobs due to the bad image this scammers have given us.

feel free to add yours My fellow nairalanders

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/education/things-students-shouldnt-make-money
You no get sense ooo
So thy should do olosho abi
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by ELdaar55(m): 8:54am On Dec 26, 2017
COME WHY NOT TELL US "TOP 5 WAYS STUDENT SHOULD MAKE MONEY" RATHER THAN "TOP 5 WAYS STUDENT SHOULD NOT MAKE MONEY"...ITS JUST LIKE TELLING US OUR MISTAKES WITHOUT GIVING US CORRECTION.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by ELdaar55(m): 8:57am On Dec 26, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
Go to instant naira.com and get paid for even tweeting. It's 100% free to use
ARE YOU SERIOUS?? BECAUSE RIGHT NOW I NEED MONEY LIKE CRAZY
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Afonjashapmouth: 9:01am On Dec 26, 2017
ELdaar55:

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? BECAUSE RIGHT NOW I NEED MONEY LIKE CRAZY

Try it and thank me later
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by GODWINLOWSKI: 9:06am On Dec 26, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]Thank God that I'm not involved in any of these 5 things mentioned. But Man u vs Burnley na 1 and ov 1.5 embarassedThank God that I'm not involved in any of these 5 things mentioned. But Man u vs Burnley na 1 and ov 1.5
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Kingsley10000: 9:06am On Dec 26, 2017
BET9JA IS OK BUT DONT TRY VISUAL SOCCER
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by ELdaar55(m): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

Try it and thank me later
WHAT DO YOU SAY THE WEBSITE IS AGAIN??
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Nasir123(m): 9:59am On Dec 26, 2017
OP,next time u talk about students in Nigeria, do justice by using the right image.
How could u have used an image with a White student and dollars (not even naira) in his hand?

Maybe the 'scam' thing is in you too. Check yourself well.
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Nasir123(m): 10:04am On Dec 26, 2017
Op,
Remove any negative thought on naira bet from your mind o! This is the only youth empowerment scheme we have in the country for now.
Just remove anything football betting from your wright up.
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by asunmoGGMU(m): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2017
adez33:

Lol. You be craze guy, I swear.
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Fortune5588: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2017
You don give advice finish, where the solution na?. Wetin make dem kom dey do now?
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by BraidedChannel: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2017
adez33:

Stop it! Bet9ja is a youth Destruction Program.
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by wackpoet(m): 11:41am On Dec 26, 2017
I just pity those guys shouting bet9ja upandan.now is not the best time to engage in football betting as teams just dey fuckup left and right.perhaps some of these clubs have started selling their matches but no one knows for sure.my one cent though.
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
Op I did not read ur post only the topic sef just make me vex for u.
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by CYBERWEAVER(m): 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
ashewoboy:
Gigoloism, oloshoism, aristoism, nigerian students should not make money through that means.
@@@@@yahoo yahoo is the alternative bro
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by Veraatabeh(f): 3:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
Inyanga:
I don't engage in any of the above... I'm indeed a good student...
gud student indeed
Re: Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money by elderd89: 5:53am On Dec 27, 2017
Sturmbannfuhrer:
Am I the only one wondering why the favourite pastime and only skill of our varsity girls - whoring - is not there?

I think that is now legal..

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIZIK Releases 2016/2017 Admission List / WAEC RESULTS 2016 [state-by-state League Table] / How To Subscribe For Airtel SMS Pack - New Introduced SMS Bundle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.