Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,855 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy (14840 Views)

Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity / Governors Accuse NNPC Of Fraud In Payment Of Subsidy / FG Not Bearing Cost Of Ekwueme's Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Ecstasy154(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2017
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo says the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) bears the cost of fuel subsidy and not the federal government.

NAN reports that the vice-president clarified this on Monday while answering questions from journalists after visiting the Oando and Total depot in Apapa, Lagos.

“NNPC is trading in fuel; the federal government is not, at the moment, paying for any subsidy. NNPC is trading,” he said.

“If you are buying and selling fuel, you would have to be able to pay for it. So, it’s not a question of government provision for subsidy, the federal government, at the moment, isn’t paying any subsidy.

“And don’t forget that the way that the NNPC trades is that, in many cases, NNPC is actually giving fuel; there is 445,000 barrels of fuel.

“So really what you are seeing, in many cases, is more or less an exchange for PMS. So at the moment NNPC is paying the cost.”

While speaking at a press conference on Sunday, Maikanti Baru, NNPC group managing director, had said that the landing cost of petrol is now N171 as against the official retail price of N145.

TheCable had reported that this would mean that the federal government would have to pay N40.70 as subsidy on every litre of petrol imported to retain the retail price of N145.

https://www.thecable.ng/Osinbajo-nnpc-not-fg-bearing-cost-subsidy/amp?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by agwom(m): 9:48am On Dec 26, 2017
Nothing human beings will not hear or see from buhari/osibanjo government...

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Authoreety: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2017
Space
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by ivandragon: 9:51am On Dec 26, 2017
because the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is owned by Bill Gates right?

clowns in power...

160 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by richard69(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2017
Very silly talk isn't NNPC a government agency?

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Mcsenior(m): 11:49am On Dec 26, 2017
Another one

Just DISCOVERED, learn how to treat snake bite naturally on NATURAL REMEDY LAB
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Saaruman(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2017
And that was how corruption became the official language of buhari's Vegetable govt.
If i tell you what is currently going on NNPC under the command of buhari d Vegetable, you will be shocked! What they are doing in oil sector is just to postpone the doomsday. The zoo will collapse under the watchful eyes of buhari.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Grundig: 11:55am On Dec 26, 2017
Mahhhnnn. See what Pastor Osinbajo has been reduced to?

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Desyner: 11:56am On Dec 26, 2017
Ha Pastor Osinbajo . . . . The people who do you like this ehn . . . . God go judge them.
Who is NNPC representing in the oil sector if not the FG? That's like saying "I don't take a dump, my anus does"

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by SalamRushdie: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2017
Damn this is the most confusing thing i have heard this year ..Who are these people. What kind of Pastor makes such a concerted effort to lie? Anything that goes near Buhari becomes a failure ,now Osinbanjo is a failed pastor . Chai

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by dodelight(m): 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
I wish Pastor Osinbajo will just choose not to re-contest with the Daura man. APC has made mess of his good name

27 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by talktrue1(m): 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2017
Terrible

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Escalze(m): 4:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by thesicilian: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2017
That's like me saying my father did not pay my school fees, I paid it myself from the savings account he set up for me.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by able20(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
dodelight:
I wish Pastor Osinbajo will just choose not to re-contest with the Daura man. APC has made mess of his good name
Exactly, this is how pathetic Buhari defenders look-in public while supporting him

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by eagleeye2: 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2017
I feel for Osibanjo. It's really not an easy job trying to defend the indefensible.

18 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by eagleeye2: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Damn this is the most confusing thing i have heard this year ..Who are these people. What kind of Pastor makes such a concerted effort to lie? Anything that goes near Buhari becomes a failure ,now Osinbanjo is a failed pastor . Chai
All men and women of goodwill should pity Osibanjo.

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Omeokachie: 6:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
And who controls the NNPC?

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Ecstasy154(m): 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
Too many illiterates on this thread. All revenue generating agencies return a percentage to the federation account while they spend the remaining.

If the VP says NNPC is paying for it, then it's coming from their share of revenue generated.

Also the NNPC does crude oil swaps.

If you've worked in a big company, you'd know departments have budgets and they kind of spend it in different ways.

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by OBAGADAFFI: 10:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
“And don’t forget that the way that the NNPC trades is that, in many cases, NNPC is actually giving fuel; there is 445,000 barrels of fuel.

“So really what you are seeing, in many cases, is more or less an exchange for PMS. So at the moment NNPC is paying the cost.”

So how did they arrive at N171, if they are exchange in Fuel for PMS.

23 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by OBAGADAFFI: 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
AZeD1:
Too many illiterates on this thread. All revenue generating agencies return a percentage to the federation account while they spend the remaining.

If the VP says NNPC is paying for it, then it's coming from their share of revenue generated.

If you've worked in a big company, you'd know departments have budgets and they kind of spend it in different ways.

Mr Know all,

Every agencies are supposed to remit all their revenue to the TSA.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Lanretoye(m): 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
I am confused...We are buying at 145 cos subsidy was removed,how come NNPC is still paying subsidy.

12 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 11:52pm On Dec 26, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Mr Know all,

Every agencies are supposed to remit all their revenue to the TSA.

Remit to the TSA and get it back in their budgets.

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
Lanretoye:
I am confused...We are buying at 145 cos subsidy was removed,how come NNPC is still paying subsidy.
Price of crude oil has gone up so naturally the price of it's derivatives would also go up.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by booblacain(m): 12:09am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:

My curiosity now is why would NNPC be this generous?

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 12:13am On Dec 27, 2017
booblacain:

My curiosity now is why would NNPC be this generous?
Politics.
Cost of PMS as well as other things in this country are based on politics.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by amarilo: 12:42am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:

Price of crude oil has gone up so naturally the price of it's derivatives would also go up.
But when the price was down the price of the derivative went up as well. So what is your justification for that?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 12:47am On Dec 27, 2017
amarilo:
But when the price was down the price of the derivative went up as well. So what is your justification for that?
Devaluation of the Naira.

Crude oil is traded in dollars. The price of PMS is affected by the cost of crude and the exchange rate.

This is economics 102.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Annie939(f): 3:28am On Dec 27, 2017
not Jonathan and pdp again. now is nnpc not fg okay oooooo

19 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 27, 2017
Meaningless crap from APC. These APC peeps are worse than devil. They can twist any statement to favour them

Remember when the devil asked Eve, "Did God really say you should not eat If the fruits of this tree?, Are you sure he actually said that to you or Adam told you? "

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari, Michelle Obama To Receive Awards At Miss Inspire Beauty Pagent / Governor Uzodimma Meets With Traditional Rulers And IMC Chairmen Over Security / 2023: INEC General Election Time Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.