Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,936 members, 7,838,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy (14849 Views)

Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity / Governors Accuse NNPC Of Fraud In Payment Of Subsidy / FG Not Bearing Cost Of Ekwueme's Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by maxzzo1(m): 10:51am On Dec 27, 2017
thot vp is sensible na i kno na olodo.
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 10:54am On Dec 27, 2017
hegelian:

mr man stop your rehtorics, is NNPC a ghost that doesnt defend its own budget if Nigeria have been working upside down, is that not why we voted in mr integrtiy to fix?why still comparing the failure of now with the before when we expect change?isnt that a statement of failure?
budget of a ministry is a block of budgets from all MDAs, agencies and parastatals that make up that ministry....so bros stop your fooling cos we aint kindergaten students....has the govt filed? yes absolutely!!! is there a room for improvement? yes definitely!!! what we shoud all be doing is to ask them to sit up and do the right thing not defending errors and stupidity all in the name of support
Dude I'm not here to argue with you about the failure or success of Buhari.
I'm only here to educate those that understand the difference between the Federal Government and NNPC.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by booblacain(m): 10:55am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:

NNPC's MD is a political appointee. He would do anything to remain on that sit.
It's part of the reason presidents see the NNPC as their bank. All the need to do is appoint some loyal.

OK, I see it now. Well, I feel it still boils down to the fact that the government is paying the subsidy, they are just using the NNPC to do so.
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 10:57am On Dec 27, 2017
dasrackhor:
NNPC and FG are they not the same.
Wetin person no go hear...
If FG and NNPC are the same then the CBN and NNPC are also the same (your logic) right?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by YaxxVille(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2017
When i said You people need re-colonization u all thought i was joking. The gov't is saying NNPC not FG.... Is NNPC not controlled by the same gov't?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2017
booblacain:

OK, I see it now. Well, I feel it still boils down to the fact that the government is paying the subsidy, they are just using the NNPC to do so.
Something like that.
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:
Too many illiterates on this thread. All revenue generating agencies return a percentage to the federation account while they spend the remaining.

If the VP says NNPC is paying for it, then it's coming from their share of revenue generated.

Also the NNPC does crude oil swaps.

If you've worked in a big company, you'd know departments have budgets and they kind of spend it in different ways.

Keep quite idiot.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Gazzy88(m): 11:01am On Dec 27, 2017
Stop complaining about sufferings when you're part of the process that brought them in. Next year they will begin to distribute bags of rice and small cash all in an effort to curry favour from you so that you can suffer for another four years and the cycle continues. You are all MAD! You never see anything, until we grab this country back and start killing those looters we can't get anywhere. Bunch of cowards,keyboard warriors,chest beaters,senseless people called Nigerians. This madness can never happen in the Arab world. They took away your sanity and gave you entertainment. Continue clubbing and keep saying it's none of your business,the time will come where even all the clubs will be shut down when the heat gets hotter. They allowed yahoo yahoo and prostitutions so that your minds would be fixed elsewhere. Wake up!!!
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 11:01am On Dec 27, 2017
kkko:

Keep quite idiot.
Come and seize my phone and laptop na.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by 9japrof(m): 11:07am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:
Too many illiterates on this thread. All revenue generating agencies return a percentage to the federation account while they spend the remaining.

If the VP says NNPC is paying for it, then it's coming from their share of revenue generated.

If you've worked in a big company, you'd know departments have budgets and they kind of spend it in different ways.

Mr I tooo know, now the money the NNPC is using in paying for the so called subsidy, is it not the money that should have been sent back to the government coffers right?

So who is still paying for the subsidy? Government? Bill gates ?

Please be reasonable and don't reason with sentiments

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by ruffcoins(m): 11:08am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:

Remit to the TSA and get it back in their budgets.
mr know it all is it until buhari pays for the subsidy from his salary before you will agree that fg paying for subsidy. Zombie

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by YaxxVille(m): 11:09am On Dec 27, 2017
Pls o dont blame Mr. Pastor he is just doing his job
Adebowale89:
reading this from a whole prof? osibanjo you're a disgrace to all professors in Nigeria with this layman statement

keeping mute on this would have been better, quit disgracing yourself in the name of politics
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by tomdon(m): 11:10am On Dec 27, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Damn this is the most confusing thing i have heard this year ..Who are these people. What kind of Pastor makes such a concerted effort to lie? Anything that goes near Buhari becomes a failure ,now Osinbanjo is a failed pastor . Chai

I am telling you, I was so confused.
They almost got me there. I almost believed.
Not only lie mohd is skilled in lying now, everyone in this administration is now a full-time liar!

This is serious oo

So you don't eat food, your mouth does

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Pesuzok(m): 11:13am On Dec 27, 2017
Everybody is trying to be politically correct.

See, if we don't refine the pms we use, no matter who you put as head of this country we will still find ourselves in this problem.

If they start paying subsidy, we will complain, oya buy at 181, we will cry. Please Nigerian, let us reason together.

We even prefer the govt to pay subsidies of 1tr when we don't even have money for capital projects.

We need suggestions and solutions. We need to put on our thinking cap, put your suggestion out on the social media, somebody somewhere can act on it to better our lives.

Leave the politicians, enough of this APC, PDP crap

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 11:15am On Dec 27, 2017
9japrof:

Mr I tooo know, now the money the NNPC is using in paying for the so called subsidy, is it not the money that should have been sent back to the government coffers right?

So who is still paying for the subsidy? Government? Bill gates ?

Please be reasonable and don't reason with sentiments
No. By law revenue agencies are allowed to spend a portion of the revenue they generated.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by YaxxVille(m): 11:19am On Dec 27, 2017
Para mode
Gazzy88:
Stop complaining about sufferings when you're part of the process that brought them in. Next year they will begin to distribute bags of rice and small cash all in an effort to curry favour from you so that you can suffer for another four years and the cycle continues. You are all MAD! You never see anything, until we grab this country back and start killing those looters we can't get anywhere. Bunch of cowards,keyboard warriors,chest beaters,senseless people called Nigerians. This madness can never happen in the Arab world. They took away your sanity and gave you entertainment. Continue clubbing and keep saying it's none of your business,the time will come where even all the clubs will be shut down when the heat gets hotter. They allowed yahoo yahoo and prostitutions so that your minds would be fixed elsewhere. Wake up!!!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2017
FG is NNPC, NNPC is FG
agwom:
Nothings human beings will not heard or seen from buhari/osibanjo government...
I thought Oshinbajo is learned, he now speaks like an illiterate undecided

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by 9japrof(m): 11:22am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:

No. By law revenue agencies are allowed to spend a portion of the revenue they generated.

Now do the maths, the record says it's up to 40 naira subsidy paid for every litre consumed in Nigeria, please do the maths for the litres consumed in Nigeria daily. Then whatever figure you generate, then check if it is within the amount " by law revenue agencies are allowed to spend of the revenue they generated"

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by OBAGADAFFI: 11:22am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:

If FG and NNPC are the same then the CBN and NNPC are also the same (your logic) right?

Have ever heard of parastatals.

CBN, NNPC, INEC might be independent, but they are still government agencies and not private entities.

All their revenues goes to the Feds through the TSA, they get yearly allocation from the government.

So if NNPC is paying subsidy it means the FG is paying subsidy.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by almarthins(m): 11:27am On Dec 27, 2017
Some body just want attention

Common, osibanjo no be dummy na, he can't say that.
Nigeria n headlines eh. grin
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

CBN, NNPC, INEC might be independent, but they are still government agencies and not private entities.

All their revenues goes to the Feds through the TSA, they get yearly allocation from the government.

Revenue generating agencies don't get an allocation, they generate their own money. If you don't understand this, then you can't understand what the VP is saying.

Have you ever seen the budget for NNPC or CBN?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by hegelian: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:

Dude I'm not here to argue with you about the failure or success of Buhari.
I'm only here to educate those that understand the difference between the Federal Government and NNPC.
if fg is not the owner of NNPC then who owns it?? please simple and direct answer? abi its owned by ghost?if fg is not the owner of NNPC why is it the responsibility of the president to appoint the GMD and why is the GMD reporting to the FG head(i.e the president)..why is the minister of petroleum the board chair on the NNPC??anwers we need bro...dont dull
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by blaqoracle: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2017
agwom:
Nothings human beings will not heard or seen from buhari/osibanjo government...
sometimes, the brain goes blind. Your brain has gone blind. Your medication can only be in heaven.
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2017
9japrof:

Now do the maths, the record says it's up to 40 naira subsidy paid for every litre consumed in Nigeria, please do the maths for the litres consumed in Nigeria daily. Then whatever figure you generate, then check if it is within the amount " by law revenue agencies are allowed to spend of the revenue they generated"
You are assuming NNPC is paying cash. You do realise they could be paying via crude oil right?

For the last one month, NNPC has been the sole importer of PMS . The NNPC does crude oil swaps.

The VP is a lawyer, he knows not to say anything that can't be defended in the law courts.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by hegelian: 11:34am On Dec 27, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

somebody just sound stupid in anattempt to sound clever...if NNPC business doesnt concerns FG and subsidy is paid by NNPC not FG, when then did we crucified GEJ for paying so much in subsidy and not the NNPC since NNPC is independent of the FG

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 27, 2017
I am not surprised nnpc is bearing subsidy costs.

When I tell people that once govt/nnpc sets prices that means subsidy,people think I am lying.

If there was no subsidy, marketers would have been selling at suitable prices, and DPR won't have been bothering them at all.

Thing is , we have to deregulate. But govt does not want to lose 2019...so they pretend .....
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by deltapikin(m): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=ivandragon post=63616319]because the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is owned by Bill Gates right?

clowns in power..

This one tire me. NNPC now belongs to a private enterprise not Government
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by derancle: 11:39am On Dec 27, 2017
Which subsidy, ���APC said subsidy is a scam that the money will be used to build industry. Why paying for subsidy again
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Reference(m): 11:40am On Dec 27, 2017
By 2019 eneryone will be demystified. It is only when exams come we know whether those who raise their hands in class and talk more than they listen actually hold substance. Na tough times dey prove hot air aka propaganda.
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by musa234(m): 11:43am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:

Shut up!!
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by eph12(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:

Price of crude oil has gone up so naturally the price of it's derivatives would also go up.
When the price of crude oil went down, the price of fuel went up too
Re: Osinbajo: NNPC — Not FG — Bearing Cost Of Subsidy by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 27, 2017
AZeD1:

Good point.

Intact it was very easy to see that there was a subsidy from the fact that nnpc was still setting prices.

The elephant in the room is that govt, and Nigerians are scared of deregulation, which is the only way out.

I don't care particularly if APC wins or loses in 2019, but whatever the case, we cannot import PMS at 171 and sell at 145, at Nnpc or govt expense forever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari, Michelle Obama To Receive Awards At Miss Inspire Beauty Pagent / Lagos East: APC Sues PDP Candidate, Gbadamosi For Certificate Falsification / Atiku: Power To Change Nigeria Does Not Lie In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.